Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This (71460 Views)

Cardi B Nigerian Citizenship Tweet: Abike Dabiri, Bashir Ahmad React / Why I Am Renouncing My Nigerian Citizenship - By Aroms Aigbehi / Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 09, 2017
Pidgin2:

Upset? No. I love Nigeria, you seem frustrated. Make use of opportunities for you. Key into a church, you will get free trainings and stuffs to make your life better and do not despise the days of small beginnings, go and learn a skill and stop wasting time online

They way you learnt skills shey grin grin
What did they teach you at the skills acquisition centre
How to polish shoes eh
And they fed you a shitload of baloney that you were an entepreneur grin grin
and that you are strengthening the naira eh grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2017
BUTCHCASSIDY:

How to polish shoes eh

Eyah, actually a world class organization was behind the training, I learned cinematography/video editing and photography cheesy

Such opportunities cannot come your way because you have a negative mindset. Between, I am educated, take care.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by donniemc: 6:35pm On Apr 09, 2017
BUTCHCASSIDY:

How to polish shoes eh
Yes sir, you have to understand that there are young people without any political connections that are making it big time in Nigeria.I even heard of some folks that make close to $1million in revenue very "MONTH" here is a link:
https://techcrunch.com/2017/03/16/buypower-aims-to-ease-the-pain-of-utility-payments-in-nigeria/

I know others like that too. Most of them are very quiet about how much money they make because its unreal!!.

The truth is:
"Its not Nigeria that is not good,Its us that is not good enough for Nigeria."

There are sooooo many opportunities in this country!.

Believe me. And a positive outlook can help you and me spot and take advantage of some of them.

Before i forget here is a youth that made N216 million from a company he created just 10 months ago.

https://radar.techcabal.com/t/ecommerce-in-nigeria-my-experience-so-far-with-pod-should-i-quit/11435

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by donniemc: 7:06pm On Apr 09, 2017
donniemc:

Yes sir, you have to understand that there are young people without any political connections that are making it big time in Nigeria.I even heard of some folks that make close to $1million in revenue very "MONTH" here is a link:
https://techcrunch.com/2017/03/16/buypower-aims-to-ease-the-pain-of-utility-payments-in-nigeria/

I know others like that too. Most of them are very quiet about how much money they make because its unreal!!.

The truth is:

Believe me. And a positive outlook can help you and me spot and take advantage of some of them.

Before i forget here is a youth that made N216 million from a company he created just 10 months ago.

https://radar.techcabal.com/t/ecommerce-in-nigeria-my-experience-so-far-with-pod-should-i-quit/11435

Cheers

What am trrying to say is that we have no excuse to not make it in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by zanogo(m): 7:12pm On Apr 09, 2017
goddasonik:
lol...bt d same inferior tribe comes to ur domain and outsmart ur dumb skull and u start envying them
your tribe is the last tribe to envy,what is there to envy? is it the criminal tendency in every able man or the everlasting inferiority complex?.Look!! we house your people in our domain,for that you should be thankful not that usual chest beating you are showing here.
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by romme2u: 7:16pm On Apr 09, 2017
Pidgin2:

Hey, I have traveled out before and I can boldly say you are lying big time. In fact when you go abroad is when you actually find things to love and appreciate about Nigeria. How can any right thinking person say we have no basic amenities or compare Nigeria to a Jungle? I think your problem is English, go and learn the meaning of those words before you use them, cheers

Thanks milady. i have always love your contributions in this section. But can you mention some basic amenities provided by the government that can be found in good condition.
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Pchidexy(m): 7:19pm On Apr 09, 2017
gypsey:
he is not a politician, he is Adamantly in denial or maybe he believes in magic one day some one will wave a magic wand and Nigeria will turn into America. grin
My man I tire o. See, I used to believe in Nigeria. I used to think it will be better but reality taught me otherwise. I remember when a liter of fuel was # 65, we were shouting, saying it is too much. I remember when a family could feed with #100. These were not very distant time o. Today, what is happening? My man make we leave matter!
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by romme2u: 7:28pm On Apr 09, 2017
donniemc:

People don't know it!. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with Nigeria. If you take your time to study both recent and ancient civilizations you will quickly discover that Nigeria is 100% on the path to greatness. All these thing the average Nigerian complains about today is perfectly normal for a budding civilization.

At the end of the day, There is nothing new under the Sun, what was done before would be done again.!

My brother everything is wrong in this country. We don't seem to be progressing in all front.

Are our governments at all levels taking responsibilities or throwing same to the masses?

A country where the President and top government officials travel abroad for their medicals, is that one a country?
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by donniemc: 7:37pm On Apr 09, 2017
romme2u:

My brother everything is wrong in this country. We don't seem to be progressing in all front.

Are our governments at all levels taking responsibilities or throwing same to the masses?

A country where the President and top government officials travel abroad for their medicals, is that one a country?

Am reposting this!!.Read and be insspired. They don't have two heads smiley:

The truth is:

Cheers

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Ugosample(m): 7:39pm On Apr 09, 2017
IgboLoyalist:

Look at it from this angle. For the last 40 years "my people" were prohibited and barred from the top ranks of politics, military, and other civically crucial jobs. Now the elitists that were ruling in these positions, "your people", have killed the country and now it's not growing, but de-growing. If my people commit crime or do other illicit things to receive money to feed their families because Nigeria is a failed, failed state. You do not blame the people committing the crime, you blame the crazy indviduals that put them in the situation. "my people" are simply trying to feed their kids.

That logic is not sensible, because our people are not the only Nigerians who are suffering from the wickedness of the politicians.
And Igbo people have taken key positions too in the military regimes of the past, they were not "shut out" completely as you may be trying to say

And those guys in power back then did not enter power to enrich their people, they entered there to enrich themselves....

So that one no dey biko

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by romme2u: 7:44pm On Apr 09, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

Chief. I actually love to debate without abuse. I truly enjoy the intellectual tennis of make my point while you make yours. I was only rough with those who brought tout behaviour here.

The funny thing they don't see is that I feel their pains. As a younger man, I also wanted to run away and never come back.

I have been there and done that - my work has taken me to several countries. I have seen there's more to life than building another person's father's castle as someone here said.

Nigeria is a cesspit, but we should ask ourselves individually how we have contributed.

Let me give you an example.... I was in Burkina Faso for a while (had lowest literacy levels globally then). I would eat biscuits and as a Nigerian ruffian throw the wraps on the ground. Within 3 days, no one told me before i picked my thrash because the whole of the country was using roadside bins and I felt odd.

In the West African francophone countries I worked, the queues at banks...you take a numbered tally and wait wherever u like. If you try to "shunt" / cheat, the teller would send you back. It's all about mentality and we seriously have to work on ourselves.

I am as frustrated as they are. Our perspectives are just different.

My brother, you are so on point. It pains everybody that despite the greatness this country has in human and natural resources, we are still were we are.

The funny thing in life is that people tend to solve their problems in different ways. some run away, some wonder why it has to be them that should face such trouble, some give up to fate while some dug it out. We are all on different front of the same side.

Well like the dettol adverts will say If we don't build our house, who will?

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Ugosample(m): 7:47pm On Apr 09, 2017
You people will be talking like as if Nigeria is the worst country in Africa.
Nigeria is currently far below its potential, but it us better than many African countries. All you need to do us travel around and see, not to S.A. o, some other places and you will see

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by jiinxed: 8:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
Pidgin2:

If a white man calls you monkey you will commit suicide now you call your fellow Blacks same thing. Sometimes I wonder how people reason. I have never been treated like satan or discriminated against because my passport and I love traveling, if you look like a thug of course people will suspect you, dress responsibly and see if you won't be respected

Look at this deported ashawo. Quote me no more, hoe.
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by 360command: 9:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
Zdoh:
RENUNCIATION Instead of RENOUNCIATION is all i see in that letter.

Naija i hail oo!!

Run outofthread!!!!!!!.
bro, it is all the same. there is nothing wrong with the text used in the letter.
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 09, 2017
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Hey fool! In case you havent noticed there is nothing good about this shithole. I dont need to think it. It already is dumbass just take ya head outta yo ass for a bit. Let me worry about myself okay.
hey idiotic angaroo u seem furstrated and sad good and get a better life for your family and stop shouting nigeria is bad everywhere, everyday and everytime

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by 360command: 11:40pm On Apr 09, 2017
Daboomb:

This is not "some countries", it is GERMANY!
Germany allows dual citizenship.

If he/she does not want to hold Nigerian citizenship, instead of all these, just drop the Nigerian passport in your furnace and burn it.
End of Story.[/color]

You are a citizen of any country whose Passport you carry...and vice versa.

Flat-headed LiePODS making a nuisance of themselves everywhere.
undecided undecided
dude, it does not work that way, there are documentations and procedures to follow. I was at immigration office in Ikeja and a foreigner wanted to become a Nigerian citizen by obtaining a Nigerian passport. The immigration officers told him that he would need to renounce his country citizen and when the approval has been granted, then he can file a report to obtain Nigerian citizenship.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by 360command: 11:49pm On Apr 09, 2017
Daboomb:

It is not the "Looters" fault!
It is the fault of "stewpid masses" ......... and we see the way some of you back them (The Sarakis, The Dino Melayes, Olisah Metuhs, Iboris, Dasukis, e.t.c)!
Stewpid masses who cannot take their country back from the looters but would rather be praise-singing the very people who oppress them.

Until the stewpid masses grow some balls and take back their citizenship, they are just what they are: PAWNS!
How can less than 10,000 thieves hold over 100,000,000 'masses' by the jugular?

Ask yourself: Does every Nigerian living in those countries have to write the Embassy asking their citizenship to be renounced for them?
You know now, LiePODs must behave like LiePODS!
[/b] undecided undecided
dude , you are just one big F00l. You think you know but you don't know anything . what annoys me are the colours you use and the bold content. There are some countries which do not allow dual citizenship and when it happens, you have to renounce your citizenship. when granted, you have proof to show that your citizenship has been renounced before applying for new citizenship for another country. You are so annoying.
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by 360command: 12:35am On Apr 10, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

Chief. I actually love to debate without abuse. I truly enjoy the intellectual tennis of make my point while you make yours. I was only rough with those who brought tout behaviour here.

The funny thing they don't see is that I feel their pains. As a younger man, I also wanted to run away and never come back.

I have been there and done that - my work has taken me to several countries. I have seen there's more to life than building another person's father's castle as someone here said.

Nigeria is a cesspit, but we should ask ourselves individually how we have contributed.

Let me give you an example.... I was in Burkina Faso for a while (had lowest literacy levels globally then). I would eat biscuits and as a Nigerian ruffian throw the wraps on the ground. Within 3 days, no one told me before i picked my thrash because the whole of the country was using roadside bins and I felt odd.

I am as frustrated as they are. Our perspectives are just different.
hmmm! I have been to ouga, bobo dioulasso in Burkina, that place is filthy. I went on visit to see a course mate/gf. There is a nice place in Ouagadougou called Ouaga deux mille (Ouaga 2000).
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 12:44am On Apr 10, 2017
romme2u:

Thanks milady. i have always love your contributions in this section. But can you mention some basic amenities provided by the government that can be found in good condition.

I don't know where you stay but there are some states whose governors have and are providing good roads, pipe borne water is available, basic health care in some states are free or heavily subsidized in government hospitals, Education is free to secondary level in some states and some government owned public schools are heavily subsidized, communication is private sector based BUT it's cheap compared to what is obtainable in other countries.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 1:06am On Apr 10, 2017
360command:
hmmm! I have been to ouga, bobo dioulasso in Burkina, that place is filthy. I went on visit to see a course mate/gf. There is a nice place in Ouagadougou called Ouaga deux mille (Ouaga 2000).

When did you go and where did you go?

I went to Bobo Dioulasso, Ouezzin Coulibaly where the West African Health Organization (L'OOAS) HQ is. In 2010/11, it was very clean, Sir.

Can you compare the sanitation levels in those cities with Nigerian cities of similar size?

I am not familiar with Ouaga 2000, might have been there, i lodged at Hotel Pacifique if my memory serves me right.
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 2:47am On Apr 10, 2017
michaelandre:
hey idiotic angaroo u seem furstrated and sad good and get a better life for your family and stop shouting nigeria is bad everywhere, everyday and everytime
look at this demented yokel. Angaroo shey... grin Illiterate let me help your stùpid ass. Its Kangaroo. U are the frustrated one who has to start hurling insults. Na by force live in misery with you?
NIGERIA IS FÙCKED! NIGERIA IS FÙCKED!!!! In your face Bìťch take that to the bank bozo
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Sgwash: 6:01am On Apr 10, 2017
Pidgin2:

This is the land of my dream (*100)
GOD bless Nigeria!!!!!!
Ngwanu my brother, flex
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by CioAngels(f): 9:17pm On Apr 10, 2017
blackberlin:
Sometimes I don't blame someone like this. A lot of people don't enjoy anything as citizens of Nigeria. But I know there's hope for Nigeria. . . The more people wake up and hold politicians and public office holders responsible for their actions, the better for us all.

We really need to spring up. . . Nigeria has great potentials with its vast population of hardworking and innovative citizens.

Just give us electricity in Naija, as in... South Africans will come and be washing plates here (no offence S/A).
Just like we are holding Saraki, Dogara, Kyari and many other Serial Rogues accountable Qwo?
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 10, 2017
CioAngels:
Just like we are holding Saraki, Dogara, Kyari and many other Serial Rogues accountable Qwo?

U mean "trying to". Don't deceive yourself.
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by TWoods(m): 4:27am On Apr 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

Hey, I have traveled out before and I can boldly say you are lying big time. In fact when you go abroad is when you actually find things to love and appreciate about Nigeria. How can any right thinking person say we have no basic amenities or compare Nigeria to a Jungle? I think your problem is English, go and learn the meaning of those words before you use them, cheers

You must be living on a different planet or delusional.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by IgboLoyalist: 8:15am On Apr 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

I don't know where you stay but there are some states whose governors have and are providing good roads, pipe borne water is available, basic health care in some states are free or heavily subsidized in government hospitals, Education is free to secondary level in some states and some government owned public schools are heavily subsidized, communication is private sector based BUT it's cheap compared to what is obtainable in other countries.

You have an obfuscated perception of Nigeria, naming small territories isn't grasping Nigeria in its entirety. Trust me I can find "some" states in Somalia that are functioning too. Nigeria is any government's wet dream. Population, oil, arable land, yet it has failed. MISERABLY. Let's actually compare Nigeria to other oil-producing countries if you think I am just a casual hate-monger.

Qatar? Most famous tourist destination. Each civilians makes 93,714.06 dollars or 28,639,016.74 Naira.

Russia? Arguably second strongest nation. Rebuilt its nation back in 20 years.

Iran? Even though it's situated in the most dangerous regions in the world, it's economy is catching up to Nigeria, even though Nigeria has longer functioning government.

Can you at least ask yourself what will become of Nigeria when oil is not needed anymore? Will countries still show it support? Will Buhari and other rich politicians stay and help build the Nigeria?

Pick up the passport, and see what we see.

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 11, 2017
IgboLoyalist:

You have an obfuscated perception of Nigeria, naming small territories isn't grasping Nigeria in its entirety. Trust me I can find "some" states in Somalia that are functioning too. Nigeria is any government's wet dream. Population, oil, arable land, yet it has failed. MISERABLY. Let's actually compare Nigeria to other oil-producing countries if you think I am just a casual hate-monger.

Qatar? Most famous tourist destination. Each civilians makes 93,714.06 dollars or 28,639,016.74 Naira.

Russia? Arguably second strongest nation. Rebuilt its nation back in 20 years.

Iran? Even though it's situated in the most dangerous regions in the world, it's economy is catching up to Nigeria, even though Nigeria has longer functioning government.

Can you at least ask yourself what will become of Nigeria when oil is not needed anymore? Will countries still show it support? Will Buhari and other rich politicians stay and help build the Nigeria?

Pick up the passport, and see what we see.

I'm not just naming States, I am telling you what is happening and what people are refusing to accept as fact.

Nigeria after our oil reserves run dry, will go back to the days of Cash crops mass production and exportation. It has happened before and it will happen again

I have picked up my passport countless times and I can show it to any border controller as proudly as an American will show his or her own. The land is green - TY Bello
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by IgboLoyalist: 8:50am On Apr 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

I'm not just naming States, I am telling you what is happening and what people are refusing to accept as fact.

Nigeria after our oil reserves run dry, will go back to the days of Cash crops mass production and exportation. It has happened before and it will happen again

I have picked up my passport countless times and I can show it to any border controller as proudly as an American will show his or her own. The land is green - TY Bello

Thank you for the good laugh. HAHAHAHA! Have a good day my friend (:

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 11, 2017
IgboLoyalist:

Thank you for the good laugh. HAHAHAHA! Have a good day my friend (:
Nigeria is a blessed country
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 12, 2017
BUTCHCASSIDY:

look at this demented yokel. Angaroo shey... grin Illiterate let me help your stùpid ass. Its Kangaroo. U are the frustrated one who has to start hurling insults. Na by force live in misery with you?
NIGERIA IS FÙCKED! NIGERIA IS FÙCKED!!!! In your face Bìťch take that to the bank bozo
hey fool it was a typing error. yes bastardized kagarooo keep shouting thats what u have been doing since u were born. the only advice I have to give u is that instead of shouting on nairaland why not look for the nearest market then pool your clothes then start shouting so we will know how miserable your life has been or if u dont know were the nearest market is u can just jump into a lagoon, hang yourself or cook your brain. that's my humble advice as a good citizen of nigeria

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 12, 2017
michaelandre:
hey fool it was a typing error. yes bastardized kagarooo keep shouting thats what u have been doing since u were born. the only advice I have to give u is that instead of shouting on nairaland why not look for the nearest market then pool your clothes then start shouting so we will know how miserable your life has been or if u dont know were the nearest market is u can just jump into a lagoon, hang yourself or cook your brain. that's my humble advice as a good citizen of nigeria
You think you sound cool but you do sound very stùpid. By pool I take it you meant to say pull...Pls go back to kindergarten or get some copies of brighter grammar Kuli kuli intellectual
Of course Nigeria is the only place your ilks will ever be taken seriously.. outside this shithole people like you are usually kept in mental homes
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Ndipe(m): 3:42am On Nov 25, 2021
A Burkinabe told me about Ouaga 2020. I have seen pictures of Bobo-Dioulasso online, one of the places that I would like to visit but the government should tidy up that place. https://www.thenewhumanitarian.org/feature/2007/10/26/sanitation-shambles

360command:

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bashir Ahmad: This Is The Next President Of Nigeria (Photos) / Asari Dokubo Flaunts Allegiance With Biafran Struggle / Nigerians Mock Governor Fayose, Remind Him Of What Happened In 2014. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.