Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This (71457 Views)

Cardi B Nigerian Citizenship Tweet: Abike Dabiri, Bashir Ahmad React / Why I Am Renouncing My Nigerian Citizenship - By Aroms Aigbehi / Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by paradigmshift(m): 12:22am On Apr 09, 2017
renounce,denounce ,rebuke and cast the country called Nigeria if possible...

7 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Itsandrew: 12:23am On Apr 09, 2017
In other news, read this article "know your right as a tenant" to avoid getting into landlord palace in Nigeria.

http://onomerealtor..com.ng/2017/03/know-your-right-as-tenant_11.html
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 12:28am On Apr 09, 2017
michoade:
Thank you Eric Donaldson for enlighten me to know how to value ones country even if it is a snail's shell.
This is the land of my birth, this Nigeria my Nigeria; this is the land of my birth not a zoo
I will never run away; I will never renounce her.
This is my pledge to my dear country. So help of God.
singing, this is the land of my hope! This is the of my hope!! I will never run away, i forgot how to sing the rest,

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by darkckUSA: 12:30am On Apr 09, 2017
blackberlin:
Sometimes I don't blame someone like this. A lot of people don't enjoy anything as citizens of Nigeria. But I know there's hope for Nigeria. . . The more people wake up and hold politians and public office holders responsible for their actions, the better for us all.

We really need to spring up. . . Nigeria has great potentials with its vast population of hardworking and innovative citizens.

Just give us electricity in Naija, as in... South Africans will come and be washing plates here (no offence S/A).

All we need is electricity and watch us beat the rest of the world in innovative technology..

4 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Herrmes: 12:33am On Apr 09, 2017
michoade:
Thank you Eric Donaldson for enlighten me to know how to value ones country even if it is a snail's shell.
This is the land of my birth, this Nigeria my Nigeria; this is the land of my birth not a zoo
I will never run away; I will never renounce her.
This is my pledge to my dear country. So help of God.
Values? What values?

5 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 09, 2017
jiinxed:
Good. Its way easier to tell a someone you're from africa. Once you mention that you're from nigeria, you'd be looked upon like you're the spawn of satan. All ye monkeys supporting one nigeria, travel and see.

Most Nigerians I know say they are from the Caribbean. Once you let Nigeria out of your mouth, you are finished.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 12:34am On Apr 09, 2017
darkckUSA:

All we need is electricity and watch us beat the rest of the world in innovative technology..

Men...look at how our people reason?

7 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Eeazu: 12:35am On Apr 09, 2017
Izit by fhorse to bee d ceetizeen of a cuntree. I say I no do again na im bring quarrelling
Who nigeria EPP set?

3 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by darkckUSA: 12:36am On Apr 09, 2017
mrmrmister:
I don't blame the Man at all.

Nigeria has a tattered reputation.

Nigerians go about committing crimes in different countries, and when the news comes up (especially on nairaland undecided), instead of collectively criticising the bad behaviour, some hopeless souls would rather turn it into a tribal issue.

Just look at them. undecided

Infact this is the most sensible post I have ever come across.. Thank you for speaking out against this cankerous worm (tribalism) eating out our youth from the core..

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 12:49am On Apr 09, 2017
saint7000:
Afonjas replying above don't understand the point Sahara Reporter is making...it's not the renounce of citizenship but the response that only President Buhari can approve it...what kind of nonsense is this? You can't even renounce your citizenship peacefully neither will they let you go your way peacefully? It's like a one chance bus...if you enter, you are not coming out. What a useless, stupid, ignominious country occupied by illiterates with the exception of Biafraans who are wise to want out.

Thank u very much.
I thought it was only me thinking along this line.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by londoner: 12:56am On Apr 09, 2017
Ojiofor:

Yeah,Just like Germany,you have to give up one to take German citizenship.

Exactly, yet people here ignorant of that fact will just go on and on ranting about Nigeria smh.

Even South Africans applying for foreign citizenship have to get express permission from SA government to hold on to their SA nationality prior to gaining another one or they automatically lose their SA citizenship. Some countries only allow dual citizenship with select nations also.

Even if you want to have German citizenship as someone with a passport from another European country, I think you have to renounce the other one too unless the German government give you special permission, unless that law has now been changed.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 12:57am On Apr 09, 2017
blackberlin:
Sometimes I don't blame someone like this. A lot of people don't enjoy anything as citizens of Nigeria. But I know there's hope for Nigeria. . . The more people wake up and hold politians and public office holders responsible for their actions, the better for us all.

We really need to spring up. . . Nigeria has great potentials with its vast population of hardworking and innovative citizens.

Just give us electricity in Naija, as in... South Africans will come and be washing plates here (no offence S/A).
There's no hope for this country. Same thing was said by our fore fathers many years back and nothing hasn't been done. Same story of electricity we were hearing is the same in this era of democracy. At times I wonder why we gained independence before South Africa

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by londoner: 1:02am On Apr 09, 2017
Targaeryian:

Thank u very much.
I thought it was only me thinking along this line.

In quite a few countries you need government permission but I didn't think Nigeria was one of them but when I looked it up it and the Constitution does actually say that it is the president that gives that permission.

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by odogwubiafra: 1:09am On Apr 09, 2017
Every day Nigeria keeps sinking and stinking. Buhari don buy bad market when Yoruba dey call "kpada wa"

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by martineverest(m): 1:13am On Apr 09, 2017
No place like home....... Nigeria is your origin and nobody will change that

Obviously a delta or edo man
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by cao(f): 1:15am On Apr 09, 2017
Simply looks like he wants to be a German citizen and since Germany isn't actually big on dual citizenship (exceptions in the screenshot), he had to renounce his Nigerian citizenship. And it appears our constitution does require the President's permission, long before Buhari was President. So, folks need to stop with the tribalism and other senseless nonsense. No need to embarrass yourselves.

3 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by DrogoG(m): 1:15am On Apr 09, 2017
Sweetguy25:
Likely an igbo man.
What does that got to do with the thread? You id*iots always inject tribe into any thing.
If the applicant was Igbo, and so what?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by unknown87: 1:22am On Apr 09, 2017
The reply from the consulate is very correct. He has to apply to the honourable minister of interior and the ministry will treat such matter. I served in the ministry that's how I know this and some others like the citizenship by marriage called Naija wife

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by DrogoG(m): 1:30am On Apr 09, 2017
The useless German Consulate have no clue what it's doing. The ambassador is an I'd*iot and should be kicked out!

There's no country in the world that forces you to communicate the president directly in order to renounce your citizenship! This senseless draconian policy is next to North Korea's.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by linearity: 1:37am On Apr 09, 2017
londoner:
In some countries they don't have dual citizenship so it makes sense for some people to renounce their Nigerian citizenship to hold one from a country in which they now reside?

It is kind of true, but reversed though.

You can be a citizen of any country, without the pre-condition of renouncing your previous citizenship, but your citizenship oath will contain phrases in line with you swearing allegiance to your new country.

However, some countries have a law that, you loose been their citizenship, once you take up the citizenship of another country.

E.g. You loose US citizenship, if you are at least 18 years old and acquire the citizenship of another country....Though there is a wiggle room around this as. In that, you can still retain your US citizenship if your intent is not to loose it.
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Cjrane2: 1:44am On Apr 09, 2017
This is the funniest letter i have seen. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
The President of the zoo determine which who can renounce their membership of the zoo? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Only in Naija lolzzzz grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by UncleJJ(m): 1:53am On Apr 09, 2017

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by CaptPlanet(m): 2:09am On Apr 09, 2017
Raypawer:
Probably the man is fed up, but they should have let him resign na! na him go still come apply cos i strongly believe that there are better days ahead!

If you travel out of Nigeria. You will understand why he did it. Forget this future hope stuff, naija only gets worse.

20 years ago, we sang "we are the leaders of tomorrow" guess what bro? Our president is 75-80 years old. The future leaders are jobless, suffering and smiling.

Guess who will be president from 2019-2023. Definitely nobody under 50 years.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by CaptPlanet(m): 2:21am On Apr 09, 2017
blackberlin:

Bro. There's no hope for Nigeria. The leaders elites and political class has an already made system to make sure of that. Things only get worse.

Our president's football age is 75-80. Ministers aare square pegs in round holes, senators without certificates, no basic amenities, fuel, kerosene,gas, roads are sh!t, most common thing (food) is now a luxury, naira is still dwindling and you're talking of HOPE.

Just visit dubai and return. You'll understand

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by UncleJJ(m): 2:30am On Apr 09, 2017

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by Nobody: 2:31am On Apr 09, 2017
asuustrike2009:

There's no hope for this country. Same thing was said by our fore fathers many years back and nothing hasn't been done. Same story of electricity we were hearing is the same in this era of democracy. At times I wonder why we gained independence before South Africa

South Africa got independence before Nigeria. It was apartheid that ended in the 90s.
Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by IgboLoyalist: 2:40am On Apr 09, 2017
Now, that I am in America and look at Nigeria retrospectively. It's like looking back at a jungle. It'll take a miracle for me to return lol. Saying you're Nigerian in other African countries might give you prestige points in Africa, but here everyone laughs. Heck, I'd spit at you if you arrogantly boasted about being Nigerian to my face. I will gladly relocate to Biafra though. Good days people. (:

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by akigbemaru: 2:56am On Apr 09, 2017
blackberlin:

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by AreaFada2: 3:00am On Apr 09, 2017
Raypawer:
Probably the man is fed up, but they should have let him resign na! na him go still come apply cos i strongly believe that there are better days ahead!
Nope.
Some countries like Germany do not allow dual nationality in most cases.

You have to renounce your current one to gain theirs.

But certain countries including Iran practically do not allow renunciation (despite claiming to allow in theory) of their citizenship. Therefore Germany allows Iranians dual nationality. I think Venezuelans too, not sure.

Citizens of EU countries are also allowed dual nationality in Germany. Nigerians and most other people are not allowed.

Nigerians renounce citizenship everyday. I wonder why the embassy referred him to Buhari. Do they apply for it at Aso Rock Villa? grin cheesy

Citizenship of Nigeria is granted by Council of State. Does it mean you must apply to individual Council members like all former heads of state : IBB, OBJ, GEJ, Shagari, etc? cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by edupedia: 3:03am On Apr 09, 2017
emeijeh:
Imagine!
The country don taya everybody

...is your IPOB village or yeye flat head tribe "everybody"... keep writing useless fiction dia...

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This by henryhemon(m): 3:30am On Apr 09, 2017
odogwubiafra:
Every day Nigeria keeps sinking and stinking. Buhari don buy bad market when Yoruba dey call "kpada wa"

Your Biafra is the worst of all,The worst place to live yet we think we will be better off when we get Biafra.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bashir Ahmad: This Is The Next President Of Nigeria (Photos) / Asari Dokubo Flaunts Allegiance With Biafran Struggle / Nigerians Mock Governor Fayose, Remind Him Of What Happened In 2014. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.