Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,914 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon (59031 Views)

Lagos Demolition Of Otodo Gbame Illegal, Court Rules / Otodo Gbame Residents Protest At Governor Ambode's Office In Alausa (pics / Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by deomello: 7:23pm On Apr 09, 2017
BlowBack:

Tinubu?

Only you zombies can't stop fantasizing about having Tinubu's limp gbana impotent dik down their throats

Look at zombie calling other people zombie?

Are you not the one fantasizing about Tinubu hence bringing up Tinubu into every conversation including this conversation.

Tinubu left office over a decade ago, but you jokers still won't stop fantasizing about the man as if he's your governor or he's responsible for the lack of development in your village.

You people can not eat or sleep without invoking Tinubu.
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by solidman59(m): 7:48pm On Apr 09, 2017
Davash222:
The Government don't care about you and me..

True

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by mychelyte(m): 7:49pm On Apr 09, 2017
BlowBack:
Within the next 20yrs, Lagos Island, V.I., Ajah, Lekki, Epe will be under the Atlantic.

All this is vanity.

The multibillion naira settlements they hope to build on poor people's land will be washed into the Ocean.

The wickedness they are doing to this poor people will be rewarded back a hundred folds in 20yrs.

They still have till 2050. Then Lagos islands become history

Climate chanji is here
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by joepepsy(m): 7:50pm On Apr 09, 2017
Nigeria will not develop with mind like you,.[Qquote author=BlowBack post=55411361]Within the next 20yrs, Lagos Island, V.I., Ajah, Lekki, Epe will be under the Atlantic.

All this is vanity.

The multibillion naira settlements they hope to build on poor people's land will be washed into the Ocean.

The wickedness they are doing to this poor people will be rewarded back a hundred folds in 20yrs.

Climate chanji is here[/quote]
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by BlowBack: 7:56pm On Apr 09, 2017
joepepsy:
Nigeria will not develop with mind like you,.

You want to sweep the poor under the carpet and you call it development?

You black devils

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by DJMicky(m): 8:08pm On Apr 09, 2017
Ambode needs to see these pictures.
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by DJMicky(m): 8:08pm On Apr 09, 2017
Abode needs to see these pictures.
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 09, 2017
NnamdiKanu:
Ntooor. tongue

Yes I named it a zoo...

Calling Nigeria a zoo is an insult to a zoo cos a zoo is an organized place

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by qleap2all(m): 8:13pm On Apr 09, 2017
EppPliss:

It's because u hav never been out of d shores of Nigeria dats why u ar surprise n asking such dumb question.
You failed to mentioned one country where government provides free houses. In communist States it wasn't totally free either
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by BlowBack: 8:15pm On Apr 09, 2017
qleap2all:

You failed to mentioned one country where government provides free houses. In communist States it wasn't totally free either

Google Section 8 Housing

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by deomello: 8:21pm On Apr 09, 2017
maiahsaiah:

Calling Nigeria a zoo is an insult to a zoo cos a zoo is an organized place

Fortunately for you, you are a member of the same zoo and even Kanu is a caged member of the same zoo.

See ya life?
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by Trexnemesis(m): 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2017
bantudra:

they are cursing their own selfs...you can not drive away people from their ancestoral land and await everything will be okay with lagos.....

Ancestral land? So when people move to build shacks /sheds on any govt land it becomes ancestral land! Well done . With so many people from different states squatting in these shacks, which ancestor get the land now?
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by iukpe: 8:36pm On Apr 09, 2017
Any serious government has to do this sometimes, unfortunately this affects many families just trying to make ends meet.
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by Deadvalley001: 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2017
Awori people are suffering in the hands of yorubas, their own land kwa undecided?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by MistadeRegal(m): 8:42pm On Apr 09, 2017
Ucheosefoh:
Too bad but what an irony, instead of Igbos being chase to the lagoon as oba lilwyne of Lagos bragged during 2015 election na the Yoruba people now suffers the fate. shocked grin grin grin cheesy

Please where did you get this picture?
Kindly remove or replace it.
It's too touching to me. I hate seeing women in that mood.
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by profbabatunde: 8:42pm On Apr 09, 2017
[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JRcaw3XnAc][/url] ---Eden View Estate Ibeju Lekki +2348163154120 (Call/WhatsApp for inspection)

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by MetaPhysical: 8:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
bantudra:

they are cursing their own selfs...you can not drive away people from their ancestoral land and await everything will be okay with lagos.....

Ancestral land ke? Otodo Gbame is ancestral land to who?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by pokipoki: 9:14pm On Apr 09, 2017
BlowBack:

When they troop to under every bypass bridge in Lagos that time you will know
Have you been to that place before? Are you in support of people living under sub- human conditions? If no, then it's best for them to go back to their villages or seek decent accomodation in other places.
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by qleap2all(m): 9:17pm On Apr 09, 2017
BlowBack:

Google Section 8 Housing
Thanks, they still have to pay and it's for people with Special Needs in the States. That's the equivalent of our various housing scheme here.
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by berrystunn(m): 9:26pm On Apr 09, 2017
BlowBack:
Within the next 20yrs, Lagos Island, V.I., Ajah, Lekki, Epe will be under the Atlantic.

All this is vanity.

Climate chanji is here

I thought am the only one that knows the danger in that so call island.

Nature will always have his way.
Climate change warning, wake and see

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by BlowBack: 9:29pm On Apr 09, 2017
qleap2all:

Thanks, they still have to pay and it's for people with Special Needs in the States. That's the equivalent of our various housing scheme here.
30% of what they earn which is cut from minimum wage or those on the dole

In cities like NY having to pay just 30% out of an $8 per hour paycheck after taxes is virtually free.
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by BlowBack: 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2017
pokipoki:

Have you been to that place before? Are you in support of people living under sub- human conditions? If no, then it's best for them to go back to their villages or seek decent accomodation in other places.

Instead of you to task your govt on improving the lot of the growing majority poor you are on support of sweeping them out of view.

Black man's wickedness has no parallel

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by bobo9ice: 9:44pm On Apr 09, 2017
deomello:

Must be your own specially formulated law.

No law condones lawlessness and illegal occupation of government land.

Which law is this one quoting?
U wake up from one vilage and decided to erect a tent somewhere on the lagos waterfront....no documents no titles deeds.... Now touts n kidnappers use the shield as a hindout to lunch attacks on all..insecurity becomes a norm.........No way!!!. Pls keep our water front clean and safe....

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by brojoshua: 9:47pm On Apr 09, 2017
Maybe anything could happen in a corrupt country
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by tee83: 10:07pm On Apr 09, 2017
BlowBack:

VI and Lekki gets submerged anytime it rains.

The temporary relief VI is enjoying as per ocean surge is because of the land filling currently ongoing which was what caused the erosion of bar beach mainly due to the sand filling of Lekki shoals. Now the water is now racing back to Lekki and we are witnessing severe coastal erosion.

Even if I put up a scientific paper here for you to read all you sceptics will still rubbish it.

I don't think you need to put up a scientific paper for anybody to see, ignorance will always show his/her stupidity...Let remind him/her of what happen in Indonesia in years 2004...They were warned then but some never believe that it will happen and its happened.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by BlowBack: 10:19pm On Apr 09, 2017
brojoshua:
Maybe anything could happen in a corrupt country

The most disturbing thing is the way the evacuation was carried out.

The govt utilised thugs and armed policemen shooting sporadically and torching homes of poor defenseless citizens.

This is outrageous and barbaric.

It was more like what you expect from Fulani herdsmen

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by Codes151(m): 10:23pm On Apr 09, 2017
U want to deprive the poor just to make lagos a big city for the rich! May God pity Una

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by chronique(m): 10:26pm On Apr 09, 2017
I don't know what you guys are complaining about but the truth is that, no responsible govt should allow people live in such pathetic conditions. I don't think I would survive 48hrs in that environment before passing out. Those structures do not look befitting for animals, let alone, human beings.
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by BlowBack: 10:26pm On Apr 09, 2017
qleap2all:

That's the equivalent of our various housing scheme here.

Please mention one free or subsidised housing scheme your LASG has rolled out or is running?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by BlowBack: 10:27pm On Apr 09, 2017
chronique:
I don't know what you guys are complaining about but the truth is that, no responsible govt should allow people live in such pathetic conditions. I don't think I would survive 48hrs in that environment before passing out. Those structures do not look befitting for animals, let alone, human beings.

Average Nigerian is existing on less than a dollar a day.

You think those poor people like living in that slum?

You think they made that choice by themselves?
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by Eluwilussit(m): 10:30pm On Apr 09, 2017
AnonyNymous:
I feel sorry for them. . .but I believe they were warned enough. And some of those structures are illegal. I stand to be corrected

Warned or not, what other alternative were they given? Do u think these guys no like better thing? Na clear eye dem use go live there? Government has simply failed the masses.

In civilized places, the government will not drive them away without first making adequate provisions for their upkeep. Naija is worse than a ZOO. Complete jungle. angry

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by BABANGBALI: 10:36pm On Apr 09, 2017
tunderay:
hmm. Is that the best meaning you can give to my comment? That's pathetic.
beat it jo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / MC Oluomo Being Rescued After He Was Stabbed At APC Rally / Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.