Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon (59022 Views)

Lagos Demolition Of Otodo Gbame Illegal, Court Rules / Otodo Gbame Residents Protest At Governor Ambode's Office In Alausa (pics / Nigerians React To The Demolition Of Otodo Gbame In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by irewolepeter(m): 11:42pm On Apr 09, 2017
[quote author=BlowBack post=55411361]Within the next 20yrs, Lagos Island, V.I., Ajah, Lekki, Epe will be under the Atlantic /quote]

Lie
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by BlowBack: 11:46pm On Apr 09, 2017
irewolepeter:
lie

That's what they told noah
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by Ikeg: 12:05am On Apr 10, 2017
The irony of KARMA.

Yoruba celebrated when their Oba threatened to drown igbo in lagoon. Ironically, who ended up being displaced in that said lagoon? Yoruba.

Karma is truly a b1tch

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by deomello: 12:06am On Apr 10, 2017
bobo9ice:

Which law is this one quoting?
U wake up from one vilage and decided to erect a tent somewhere on the lagos waterfront....no documents no titles deeds.... Now touts n kidnappers use the shield as a hindout to lunch attacks on all..insecurity becomes a norm.........No way!!!. Pls keep our water front clean and safe....

You obviously quoted the wrong person or you misread my post.
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by deomello: 12:06am On Apr 10, 2017
Ikeg:
The irony of KARMA.

Yoruba celebrated when their Oba threatened to drown igbo in lagoon. Ironically, who ended up being displaced in that said lagoon? Yoruba.

Karma is truly a b1tch

You people hardly make sense.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by Ikeg: 12:15am On Apr 10, 2017
deomello:

You people hardly make sense.

See this thing.

Whether we makes sense to you or not does not concern me.

All I know my God keep proving to me he truly does not like evil. The evil you wished on others got put on you people tongue tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by sapele914(m): 12:19am On Apr 10, 2017
BlowBack:
Within the next 20yrs, Lagos Island, V.I., Ajah, Lekki, Epe will be under the Atlantic.

All this is vanity.

The multibillion naira settlements they hope to build on poor people's land will be washed into the Ocean.

The wickedness they are doing to this poor people will be rewarded back a hundred folds in 20yrs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC1x0It0xzo
Climate chanji is here
Rubbish because you don't have money to buy land on the island. Same crap they said in 1977 when they wanted to start the construction of 1004 in victoria's Island Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by BlowBack: 12:23am On Apr 10, 2017
sapele914:
Rubbish because you don't have money to buy land on the island. Same crap they said in 1977 when they wanted to start the construction of 1004 in victoria's Island Lagos.

See this Abule Egba chairman of face-me-i-face-you tenants association

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by deomello: 12:23am On Apr 10, 2017
[s]
Ikeg:

See this thing.

Whether we makes sense to you or not does not concern me.

All I know my God keep proving to me he truly does not like evil. The evil you wished on others got put on you people tongue tongue tongue
[/s]

You are still not making sense.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by irewolepeter(m): 12:24am On Apr 10, 2017
BlowBack:

That's what they told noah
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by TheStronghold: 1:12am On Apr 10, 2017
BlowBack:

Google Section 8 Housing
That's not free. You still have to pay a portion of your housing. Nothing is free in this world.
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by bantudra: 2:06am On Apr 10, 2017
MetaPhysical:

Ancestral land ke? Otodo Gbame is ancestral land to who?

to those living on it since who knows...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by bantudra: 2:09am On Apr 10, 2017
Trexnemesis:

Ancestral land? So when people move to build shacks /sheds on any govt land it becomes ancestral land! Well done . With so many people from different states squatting in these shacks, which ancestor get the land now?

na so dem demolished maroko,remember...what happend then??...lagos mainland became conjested and prostitution went up dramaticaly...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by ycat: 2:09am On Apr 10, 2017
Ambode shouldn't give them a dime. They saw it coming. You can't just wake up and put up shacks everywhere, they are not poor, they are lawless. Illegal structures are not allowed in Lagos. You just don't wake up and put up sheds anyhow.
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by bantudra: 2:13am On Apr 10, 2017
ycat:
Ambode shouldn't give them a dime. They saw it coming. You can't just wake up and put up shacks everywhere, it's lawlessness. Illegal structures are not allowed in Lagos. You just don't wake up and put up sheds anyhow.

our governors dont think....were are this affected people to go??...build another shack somewere else??....

they want to turn lagos to london by force,but what about the people that can not afford london...

the goverment should have tried to organise them not drive them away.....

we nigerians have a bad habit of driving poor people away since 1980....
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by Nobody: 2:20am On Apr 10, 2017
Black people stop being short sighted and naive...the land is prime property, the most expensive pieces of real estate in Africa! Careful management of that land will create so many jobs for lagosians and otodo gbame people..yes it looks wicked but the end will bless more people than have been displaced...take Maroko for example...imagine if Maroko was left the way it was...will any of you pray to live there? Don"t use short sightedness and emotional nonsense to create poverty.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by ycat: 2:35am On Apr 10, 2017
Ambode is doing the right thing in this case. I think they are criminals for putting up these structures. If you can't afford to live in "London" stay in Nigeria. The moment you broke the law, you lose all sympathy. Let them go and build shacks in their villages where there are no building rules, Lagos has laws and doesn't want them. I just can't imagine a sane person living in one of these huts. The same way you will still shout Ambode for not protecting lives . if man-made disasters wipe the chanties and the occupants away. I'm sure you want to look and speak like the western world, so why not start taking the positive aspect of the developed world by obeying the law of the land, live where you can afford or stay at home and keep your environment clean?
bantudra:

our governors dont think....were are this affected people to go??...build another shack somewere else??....

they want to turn lagos to london by force,but what about the people that can not afford london...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by bantudra: 2:54am On Apr 10, 2017
ycat:
Ambode is doing the right thing in this case. I think they are criminals for putting up these structures. If you can't afford to live in "London" stay in Nigeria. The moment you broke the law, you lose all sympathy. Let them go and build shacks in their villages where there are no building rules, Lagos has laws and doesn't want them. I just can't imagine a sane person living in one of these huts. The same way you will still shout Ambode for not protecting lives . if man-made disasters wipe the chanties and the occupants away. I'm sure you want to look and speak like the western world, so why not start taking the positive aspect of the developed world by obeying the law of the land, live where you can afford or stay at home and keep your environment clean?

undecided...
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by sapele914(m): 2:58am On Apr 10, 2017
BlowBack:

See this Abule Egba chairman of face-me-i-face-you tenants association
Not familiar with that area,is that were you live?Don't hate, congratulate the Champions cos that jealousy aint going to get you nowhere but sad and miserable,I'm inside vgc with Jimoh Ibrahim, Road 3, by the waterside close to that Big Thief Dan Etete's mini ranch, go ask Julius Agahowa,the Yak Man or Obafemi Martins just to mention a few how we are living,least I forget your Vice President,I even jogged past his house this evening grin.
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by ycat: 3:19am On Apr 10, 2017
Choked?
bantudra:

undecided...
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by bantudra: 4:11am On Apr 10, 2017
ycat:
Choked?

dont know what to say anymore... undecided
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by azezola(m): 5:49am On Apr 10, 2017
BlowBack:
Within the next 20yrs, Lagos Island, V.I., Ajah, Lekki, Epe will be under the Atlantic.

All this is vanity.

The multibillion naira settlements they hope to build on poor people's land will be washed into the Ocean.

The wickedness they are doing to this poor people will be rewarded back a hundred folds in 20yrs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC1x0It0xzo
Climate chanji is here
..your papa house is going to be under Atlantic Ocean
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by baby124: 5:57am On Apr 10, 2017
Eluwilussit:

Warned or not, what other alternative were they given? Do u think these guys no like better thing? Na clear eye dem use go live there? Government has simply failed the masses.

In civilized places, the government will not drive them away without first making adequate provisions for their upkeep. Naija is worse than a ZOO. Complete jungle. angry
This is the problem for the federal government, not Lagos.
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by sapele914(m): 7:32am On Apr 10, 2017
baby124:

This is the problem for the federal government, not Lagos.
BIG MUMU baby124, Lagos should as well hand over the statutory right of occupancy for Eko Atlantic to the Federal Government since it is the Federal Governments problem. So the FGN should reclaim the land so that oba elegushi and oba oniru in conjunction with Lagos state and Bola tinubu to start selling the land like their personal property. Daft punk.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by baby124: 7:37am On Apr 10, 2017
sapele914:
BIG MUMU Lagos should as well hand over the statutory right of occupancy for Eko Atlantic to the Federal Government since it is the Federal Governments problem. So the FGN should reclaim the land so that oba elegushi and oba oniru in conjunction with Lagos state and Bola tinubu to start selling the land like their personal property. Daft punk.
Go back to your stupid village, nuisance. Living and shitting on water. Big fool.
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by sapele914(m): 7:40am On Apr 10, 2017
baby124:

Go back to your stupid village, nuisance. Living and shitting on water. Big fool.
Very funny,sorry na so e pain you baby124 learn to argue for objectively not with your puzsy? grin
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by baby124: 7:42am On Apr 10, 2017
sapele914:
Very funny,sorry na so e pain you baby124? grin
E pain you. No more water shitting for you. Nuisance. Dirty pig.
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by sapele914(m): 7:56am On Apr 10, 2017
baby124:

E pain you. No more water shitting for you. Nuisance. Dirty pig.
Argue from a critical point of view and try to be more objective next time,first water shitting after no more water shitting,what are you trying to say?make up your mind,what's with this your fascination with shitting only you and him know what you are going through,for your eyes only,either it is or it isn't,it can be both.
Re: Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon by 400billionman: 8:08am On Apr 10, 2017
bjhaid:
Ambode making it difficult for the less privileged

What is the difference ? Fashola did the same thing.

When I see people making fun of fayose for being a friend of the poor, what I see is lack of sense..

Maybe such persons will prefer the Ambode treatment..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Adeleke’s Certificates Show He Obtained Bachelor’s Degree 24days After Sec Sch / MC Oluomo Being Rescued After He Was Stabbed At APC Rally / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.