Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,414 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Why Is Someone Who Commits Suicide Termed As Being ''selfish''? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is Someone Who Commits Suicide Termed As Being ''selfish''? (723 Views)

'You Are A Selfish Bastard One Minute Man'- Unsatisfied Lady Curses Guy / Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? / I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Someone Who Commits Suicide Termed As Being ''selfish''? by Magnoliaa(f): 9:49pm On Apr 09, 2017
Why and HOW is such a person selfish??

They are not needed or wanted. . .they are not 'contributing' anything meaningful or being useful. Their presence is not felt in the first place, so who exactly are they hurting if they take their life?

No one cares. So their. . .death shouldn't make any difference to ANYTHING. Since they ain't actually doing something or anything(good) for anyone.

No one cares and no one is going to lose (yes no one cos the pain will be gotten rid of)

Whether in act or in words, it's been made CLEAR that they are of no use. . So how are they being selfish if they excuse those ''loved ones''?

So. . Money, food, expenses, resources etc, will not be wasted on them anymore.

And that's even a considerate thing to do. .easing the ''loved ones'' of those responsibilities. . .
How is that being selfish now?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Someone Who Commits Suicide Termed As Being ''selfish''? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 09, 2017
Noone is ever completely worthless. Fact is, you probably mean the world to at least one person in your life but you can't see it because you're blinded by self-loathing, misery & disappointment. It's selfish because you're doing it to ease your own pain. What of the pain you'll be leaving behind? Because like I said, someone cares, you're just too into your own thing to realize or notice it. I hope it's not you that's thinking about offing yourself. Don't do it. Things change & life does get better eventually. It's only a passing phase.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Someone Who Commits Suicide Termed As Being ''selfish''? by hotspec(m): 9:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
This ur opinion scares me. I advise that ur people shd alwz b around u. SUICIDE is never an option. Its d way of d coward. They are tagged selfish because they only think abt their own. Like they dont care abt how people around them will feel if they eventually commit suicide. People will cry and many people may still run into trouble in case of no suicide note. Many people will be shocked by such act. So because they dont care abt how other people will feel after their demise, but think ONLY about their coward escape route, hence they are usually tagged selfish.

Committing suicide is against natural and civil laws. It is regarded as murder- taking of life, be it urs or others.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Someone Who Commits Suicide Termed As Being ''selfish''? by Nollynude: 10:01pm On Apr 09, 2017
As for me i don't think it's selfish, it's a choice, and if you want your life to end.. Then end it. Maybe it's a little selfish if you don't think about it, don't tell anyone, and don't get help. People think it is selfish because your loved ones would miss you.. Well, why didn't those loved ones notice the depression, why didn't they try to help. I mean, I know some people don't tell, but they do change.. So loved ones should notice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Someone Who Commits Suicide Termed As Being ''selfish''? by GloriaNinja(f): 10:04pm On Apr 09, 2017
It is termed selfish because of the grief that will affect the latter's family

1 Like

Re: Why Is Someone Who Commits Suicide Termed As Being ''selfish''? by nursennenny(f): 10:25pm On Apr 09, 2017
If only they consider the emotional hurt they predispose their parents, siblings and friends to.
If only they know they could be an inspiration to another.
If only they know they have a duty to teach the younger generation.
If only they know that suicide is not an option.
Re: Why Is Someone Who Commits Suicide Termed As Being ''selfish''? by poshestmina(f): 11:07pm On Apr 09, 2017
No matter how rejected,isolated ,frustrated ,broken ,depressed ,worthless ,poor you are or feel you are ,there is always that 1(or more) soul(s) who geniunely cares for you ,why take their love for granted...in a matter of few months/years ,u'd laugh at urself for even contemplating suicuide .I have been through hell ,i'm thinking of starting a diary soon where i can write my story there for people to read and learn .

1 Like

Re: Why Is Someone Who Commits Suicide Termed As Being ''selfish''? by Magnoliaa(f): 11:21am On Jul 15, 2017
poshestmina:
No matter how rejected,isolated ,frustrated ,broken ,depressed ,worthless ,poor you are or feel you are ,there is always that 1(or more) soul(s) who geniunely cares for you ,why take their love for granted...in a matter of few months/years ,u'd laugh at urself for even contemplating suicuide .I have been through hell ,i'm thinking of starting a diary soon where i can write my story there for people to read and learn .

I'd love to read it.
Have you opened it yet?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Someone Who Commits Suicide Termed As Being ''selfish''? by KingOfTheDamned: 4:49pm On Feb 03, 2022
Magnoliaa:
Why and HOW is such a person selfish??

They are not needed or wanted. . .they are not 'contributing' anything meaningful or being useful. Their presence is not felt in the first place, so who exactly are they hurting if they take their life?

No one cares. So their. . .death shouldn't make any difference to ANYTHING. Since they ain't actually doing something or anything(good) for anyone.

No one cares and no one is going to lose (yes no one cos the pain will be gotten rid of)

Whether in act or in words, it's been made CLEAR that they are of no use. . So how are they being selfish if they excuse those ''loved ones''?

So. . Money, food, expenses, resources etc, will not be wasted on them anymore.

And that's even a considerate thing to do. .easing the ''loved ones'' of those responsibilities. . .
How is that being selfish now?

With this sort of warped mindset I am finally getting to understand why you are the way you are.

Wow Just wow
Re: Why Is Someone Who Commits Suicide Termed As Being ''selfish''? by davealvaro: 5:08pm On Feb 03, 2022
omo, you just said what's on my mind, no one really care about you, if i die now, lot's of people will come and acting as if they care.. been in school for 4 days now without have #10, only God knows how i am feeding,
i asked my guy for 2h card yesterday, he aired me, if i die, he will be d first to post rip with crying emoji....
I won't give up, but it's not fair passing through hell on Earth, i hope God sees all dis and intervene soon
2pac said- if u can make it through the night, there's a brighter day. on God�

1 Like

Re: Why Is Someone Who Commits Suicide Termed As Being ''selfish''? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 03, 2022
If you're depressed or suicidal, you need to treat yourself as a sick patient, just like you do when you have malaria. It is merely chemicals in your brain which when brought to a balance, you'll be surprised how much you'll want to live again.

Have you talked to a psychologist? We now have antidepressants that when you start taking them, your perception of life will change unbelievably.

That problem you think it's too overwhelming to handle, you'd be surprised how willing you will want to face them head-on and defeat them when you're placed on an antidepressant.

Go to any general hospital closest to you, and ask to meet with either a therapist, psychotherapist, or psychologist. Please fight for yourself. There's always something to live for.

You know what helps me get by? There are people out there in worst situations than I am, yet they keep living, with gratitude. If they can, why can't I?

No problem or situation is worth taking your life, selfish or not. I hope you fight for YOU because no one will. As you said, no one cares. But you should care for YOU when no one does.

Thanks for the mention KingOfTheDamned. I really hope she seeks help.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Someone Who Commits Suicide Termed As Being ''selfish''? by MufasaLion: 10:04pm On Feb 03, 2022
Life's too sweet to commit suicide. I'm unshakable.

grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Someone Who Commits Suicide Termed As Being ''selfish''? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:09pm On Feb 03, 2022
davealvaro:
omo, you just said what's on my mind, no one really care about you, if i die now, lot's of people will come and acting as if they care.. been in school for 4 days now without have #10, only God knows how i am feeding,
i asked my guy for 2h card yesterday, he aired me, if i die, he will be d first to post rip with crying emoji....
I won't give up, but it's not fair passing through hell on Earth, i hope God sees all dis and intervene soon
2pac said- if u can make it through the night, there's a brighter day. on God�

I'm so sorry. :-( I don't even know what to say.
Re: Why Is Someone Who Commits Suicide Termed As Being ''selfish''? by KingOfTheDamned: 10:25pm On Feb 03, 2022
HenryDion:
If you're depressed or suicidal, you need to treat yourself as a sick patient, just like you do when you have malaria. It is merely chemicals in your brain which when brought to a balance, you'll be surprised how much you'll want to live again.

Have you talked to a psychologist? We now have antidepressants that when you start taking them, your perception of life will change unbelievably.

That problem you think it's too overwhelming to handle, you'd be surprised how willing you will want to face them head-on and defeat them when you're placed on an antidepressant.

Go to any general hospital closest to you, and ask to meet with either a therapist, psychotherapist, or psychologist. Please fight for yourself. There's always something to live for.

You know what helps me get by? There are people out there in worst situations than I am, yet they keep living, with gratitude. If they can, why can't I?

No problem or situation is worth taking your life, selfish or not. I hope you fight for YOU because no one will. As you said, no one cares. But you should care for YOU when no one does.

Thanks for the mention KingOfTheDamned. I really hope she seeks help.

Cheers bruv
Re: Why Is Someone Who Commits Suicide Termed As Being ''selfish''? by Reminderz: 10:27pm On Feb 03, 2022
me I think say people who commit suicide are actually very brave. living is not easy, dying too is not easy. If you think say e dey easy, then try it.. what people dont know is that, the courage used in dying is even more doubled than the one used to live.

(1) (Reply)

My Biggest Nightmare / True Love? Man Caught Writing Exams For His Girlfriend (photos) / Describe Her Using A Movie Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.