Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital (17065 Views)

Hajj Stampede:A Lady From Kwara State On A Life Support In A Saudi Hospital(Pic / Jonathan Visits Late Yar’Adua’s Family & Emir Of Katsina During Rally (Photos) / Yaradua Leaving Saudi Hospital (pic) <<HOAX>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by MrCartha: 10:07pm On Jan 01, 2010
Did he deliver the 6,000MW promised to be @ the end of december
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by Mekana(m): 10:07pm On Jan 01, 2010
~Borat~:

Loser
Another Loser
Why dont you both shut up and stop influencing others with your flagrant display of defeatism
Revolution my a$$. . .who's tallking about a revolution?
How many times, i repeat how many times have nigerians gone on a protest. . . any kind of protest with regards their complaints
No they wont!
They're either scared, or lazy or indifferent
You sit on your backside all day and wait for them to see reason or even wait for them to die. . .bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!
Wait for them to die?? Are you kiddin me? **i'm sick**
This is a democracy (Even though it doesnt look like one) and your greatest weapon is your voice
When you raise your voice in protest, you are on the news. . .world wide news
and then the spotlight is on the government. . . .watching . . .bla bla bla
Look my point is just shut the fccuk up and stop crying like a ninny if you cant act
stu.pid

Whats your place  and line of thought then? U are here triangulating, u dribbler. What actions have u taken if u consider this forum as a form of inaction. Voicing ones concerns can come in any form and from anywhere including via this forum. so go take a warm shower.
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by adaphik(f): 10:17pm On Jan 01, 2010
The ill President and his cohorts are up to something, i strongly believe, they are toying with us, but everyday for the thief one day for the owner, THE TRUTH WOULD SOON BE REVEALED. Cant be concealed for too long. Lets all sit back, pray & watch. Regards
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by Borat1: 10:28pm On Jan 01, 2010
Mekana:

Whats your place  and line of thought then? U are here triangulating, u dribbler. What actions have u taken if u consider this forum as a form of inaction. Voicing ones concerns can come in any form and from anywhere including via this forum. so go take a warm shower.

To whom?
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by MrCrackles(m): 10:30pm On Jan 01, 2010
Nigerians dont even where the president is bubbling at shocked shocked shocked
What a country. . . .  grin
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by buddy99(m): 10:32pm On Jan 01, 2010
dat guy go let hunger for power n wealth whe no fit carry am go heaven kill am for notin
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b][i][/i]
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by kpalasa69(m): 10:40pm On Jan 01, 2010
@bidemi12

well i understand where u dey come from, but too much hate will not solve our problem, if you dey power wetin you fit do, you go join them nar undecided
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by Megadeals: 10:53pm On Jan 01, 2010
The president is on a secret mission to Yemen, to personally track down those pesky little Yemenis who are trying to radicalize Nigerians.

This is why his whereabout can not be made public for security reasons.
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by Debroslink: 11:15pm On Jan 01, 2010
na u sabi oooooo wink wink wink
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by Dasuma(m): 11:19pm On Jan 01, 2010
I think Obj is to be blame for all this mess. He knew vividly that Yarádua cannot stear NG but he insisted on "MAKING" him the C in C despite the fact that most Nig's didnt vote for him. As 4 Yar'adua, he is just like any other African(All of us here inclusive), we rather die on the throne than give up. Is in our blood. Just Pray the Military r not yet warming up. undecided
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by naliakar: 11:25pm On Jan 01, 2010
This would be a record first. A whole president of a country of 150 million people can hide/disappear in plain sight. What else is Nigeria capable of?
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by chino4(m): 11:34pm On Jan 01, 2010
I think the president is dead and the north is hatching a plan,the military will likely take over after a little insurrection surfaces in some parts of the north when the vice president ascends the throne as C in C.Just watch act for the next scene.If only he knew it would degenrate to this,he would have transmitted the letter to the National Assembly.
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by shedybaba: 11:43pm On Jan 01, 2010
A country where the intellectual base is so shallow,where nobody asks questions,where we all suffer from AMNESIA,I'm more bothered about how 150million Nigerians intend to feed.where over 87%of the population go to bed hungry. I believe honestly that we should hide our faces in shame.
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by nikky5(m): 11:54pm On Jan 01, 2010
This is too bad for our country.The unknown whereabout of a serving president portends a great danger to our nascent democracy as this whole game plan of the northern oligarchy could lead to the gallery.The military watchdogs are watching the unfolding drama with keen interest. The whole nation has been fooled and what they have kept secret God has exposed to the whole world.God I want to believe is not happy with the present administration.Why didnt Dora refute the newspaper report that the president is not in King Faisal Hospital?They are all liars and corrupt leaders. I pray that the military do not come back because they have more than enough reasons to do so.The question is where did Turai keep her husband and our president.Let her address a press conference on the issue if she knows that the president is still alive.
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by mamagee3(f): 11:59pm On Jan 01, 2010
Yaradua is not with us, he's a dead man. tongue
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by san26dy(f): 12:30am On Jan 02, 2010
I thought Yaradua signing the bill on his sick bed was funny, but this was one something else!!!! Nigeria
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by boyt1: 12:53am On Jan 02, 2010
if the so called Mr. President does not care for the Nation,and have some regards for the people , then he should remain missing.
God is about ending this games (politics) the Ma lams play in 9Ja for good.
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by Rmc1(m): 1:14am On Jan 02, 2010
Yara die is at otta playing chess with baba iyabo cheesy grin
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by ifebosco: 2:30am On Jan 02, 2010
yara, enjoying good treatment abroad why 150million people are dieing for just clean water, electricity no roads the basics in live.
one day monkey go go bush and y no go come back
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by bidemi12(m): 2:34am On Jan 02, 2010
Just saw this link; mhen there is nothing anybody can tell that will convince me otherwise that the b.astard is dead. No be by force to rule oooo. http://www.pointblanknews.com/os2489.html
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by Aphice(m): 2:44am On Jan 02, 2010
This is so funny.Pls help us look for our president ooo,
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by uche11010: 3:12am On Jan 02, 2010
may his soul rest in pieces. . . .the state he's left this country in tongue undecided
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by whatawhat: 5:15am On Jan 02, 2010
this is outrageous this guy should resign
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by sol2galay: 5:22am On Jan 02, 2010
Emperorolu i agree with you,we cannot continue waiting for God to fight for our course,God has done a lot for us as a nation and its now time for us to take our destiny to our own hand.

Emperorolu if u ar serious,you number one and i will number two.
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by quicknaira(m): 6:38am On Jan 02, 2010
Make we forget, the guy dey flex for Saudi.
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by Cupidkc(m): 7:45am On Jan 02, 2010
If u ask me,I really think that there is a fowl-play here. Maybe,just maybe,his dead! God help us.
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by inyeneabas: 8:54am On Jan 02, 2010
i cant believe that the president and C-In-C of the nigerian armed forces is on awol,yuguda,turai,adeniyi and ruma should be held responsible.

Was it not at the heat of the Budget controvercies ,that 'he left the country' to where.
who is fooling who? angry
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by sirp2007: 9:05am On Jan 02, 2010
MISSING PERSON
NAME=UMARU YAR`ADUA

AGE=ADULT

SEX=MALE

HEIGHT=5FT 7

COLOR=DARK OR WHITE (DEPENDING ON THE TIME OF THE DAY)

HE WAS LAST SEEN IN ABUJA ON THE NOV 23RD 2009.HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO SAUDI,BUT HIS FRIEND IN SAUDI JUST TOLD US THAT HE DIDN`T COME TO SAUDI.HE LOOKS SICK THE LAST TIME WE SAW HIM.
PLS IF U SEE HIM DON`T TELL HIS WIFE JUST CALL THIS NU=090-419-419.
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by Ogbeta: 10:51am On Jan 02, 2010
6000 megawatts: Hope dashed, irreparable damage
With Igbonekwu Ogazimorah
Saturday, January 2, 2010
•Yar’Adua
Photo: Sun News Publishing

More Stories on this Section

Of course, this was not the first time Nigerian leaders looked the citizens in the face and told brazen lies. It always happened. But this one was quite outstanding, being strongly urged, loudly proclaimed and adroitly impressed.

To show our support, we believed all the Elumelu team said, of the USD16 billion, which was supposed to bring about some positive changes in the energy sector. We accepted that if Mr. President had said it, then it would happen because, in reality, Nigeria had gone over the bar in the last decade.

The other time, Power Holding actually admitted that it was so bad. The entirety of Nigeria was living on 1, 900 megawatts. That was to say that Nigeria had come down from 11, 000 megawatts, in 1997 - Abacha’s regime - to 8, 000 megawatts in the year 2000 - Obasanjo’s regime - only to degenerate further down to 2, 400 megawatts in 2006 – same era of Obasanjo.

At the last count in October, 2009 – Yar’Adua era - when PHCN owned up, it was too bad, just 1, 900 megawatts and the industries were already gone.

Some had gone to Cotonou, some to Lome and the others to Accra. In fact, in some cases, some preferred the previously war-torn Monrovia and Gambia .
Then, you begin to ask, how come that the multinationals, especially the ones scattered across Nigeria, perhaps running on one branch but employing very high number of our countrymen in Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, Port Harcourt, have found the energy crisis intolerable.

Indeed, it was the chief of one of these industries, who confessed that Nigeria had gone too far deep into darkness and would never have reliable energy in the next 20 years. Then, he was explaining to a bewildered audience the initial moves to relocate to another part of the West Coast. As this firm explained its position, 20 years lost in the life of a business could actually mean death and no investor has such time in the name of remaining loyal and patriotic to a country whose leaders actually disdained.

Now, consider the life and times of an organisation established in Nigeria in the early 1960s. It may have started modestly but had, in the last 40 years, built up both a factory and a complex industry employing over 200, 000 Nigerians.
It had also built some vast housing and medical programmes for the staff as it extended its marketing distribution outlets, conferring on it the status of an employer of 400, 000 persons, directly or indirectly.
Today, this organization is dismantling the machines it installed and maintained in the last 35 or so years. It is yet to decide what to do with the vast housing programmes. Are they going to uproot and relocate these houses to Accra ?

Impossible!
If you had the opportunity of living in Kano in the 1980s, you would be familiar with the rising industrial complexes in Sharada Industrial Estate. Then, productions in various factories were running full blast and mere factory rejects were sustaining the lower echelon of the society.

Today, more than 99 per cent of these industries are either shut or relocated to other African countries. Some are even said to have moved to Niger Republic, a country which depended on us for energy.
Down South, the stories of Ikeja industrial estate had been told even in London as New York. It was success all the way until every big firm in Nigeria had to bring in generating sets to stay in business.

Somehow, it was still manageable when generating sets were mere back-ups. Today, they are the rules, not the exceptions. Even at that, there is no reliable supply of gas to power these generators. Of course, the cost of production had to climb, and higher it has continued. But if that was the case for big firms, some can still survive on the leverages of buffer organizations and institutions in the developed world, the dire consequences for the small businesses can be told only in misery and despair. Small business owners sweat, like rams, to lay hands on the initial capital, but after that, how many can now bear the cost of purchasing and maintaining a generator?

The most surprising of these was that even the Minister of National Planning, who should know and who should tell the truth, was still talking of meeting the target of 6000 megawatts by the year end yesterday.
Then you begin to wonder whether he just arrived Nigeria or had started a new refrain for December 2010.
But whether Shamsudeen was talking of the just faded year or proposing the end of 2010, there is the very likelihood that it will still fail end of this year. The industrialists say it. They even call secret conferences and sumptuous dinners where they tell journalists to ignore those government people. “Nothing is being done and more of the industries will still relocate to Lome and Tema.”
So, we have lived through the year of lies and seen that the proposed 6000 megawatts was like ojoro. But we will always survive their ojoro!
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by greateliso(m): 10:59am On Jan 02, 2010
i think these guys are taking us for granted
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by Ogbeta: 11:01am On Jan 02, 2010
Prophets Disagree Over Yar’Adua’s Return

Adelowo Oladipo, Lagos - 02.01.2010

A Prophet, Primate Theophilous Olabayo has predicted that President Umar Musa Yar’Adua would not return to the country and would be forced vacate his office any moment from now.

The Primate, Evangelical Church of Yahwah stated this in an interview with Saturday Tribune on new year eve, highlighted that the president’s seat will still be vacant as some power- brokers within the Peoples Democratic Party are preparing Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan to take-over the rein of governance.

Olabayo however said that the decision that Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan should take-over from President Yar’Adua would not stand the test of time, following an impending revolution that would bring about a God-chosen leader who would embark on spiritual cleansing of the country.

He explained further that ‘what will happen later in the year in Nigeria, would make whoever is abmitious to take up a political appointment, to have a rethink about it.”

Olabayo stressed that a one-time president and a past governor in one of the 36 states of the federaton should also pray against bereavement.

He said: “Thus says the Lord of the Hosts of heaven, that the two past leaders may not last the year, while the Olu of Warri, Delta State, should pray fervently in order to survive the year 2010.

“Kidnappers and ritual killers would take-over the country and this would lead to a revolution and the emergence of a God sent leader.”

In a related development, the Pastor of Inri Evangelical Spiritual Church, Oke-Afa, Isolo, Lagos, Primate Elijah Babatunde Ayodele said there will be mixed blessing for the citizenry in the new year.

He added that the rich will have protracted problems with their wealth, while the poor would get poorer if they are not prayerful as there is no indication for economic stability in the country.

Speaking further with the Saturday Tribune at the church’s premises on the new year day, he said, President Yar’Adua would return to the country very soon, but that the ailing president would be faced with a lot of political crisis, especially from his party members in the PDP and other prominent Nigerians who were dissatisfied with the on-going political situation in the country.

Accordingly he said, “God told me that Vice-President Jonathan Goodluck will not be allowed to be president in the event that President Umaru Yar’Adua can not continue as result of ill-health and he would not be allowed to get a ticket for re-election in the 2011 general elections and that the citizenry should pray against the incidents of bomb scare Aso Rock, Presidential Villa.

“In the new year there will be rumour of military coup while all the service chiefs will be removed.
Re: Yar’adua Not With Us - Saudi Hospital by Ogbeta: 11:06am On Jan 02, 2010
Yar’Adua’s status: What impact on the national life?
Friday, 01 January 2010 00:00 Peace Ogbe
E-mail Print PDF

“I am committed to a new Nigeria, I promise not to relent in working towards the birth of a new Nigeria and would tackle the challenges of the nation thereby bringing the economy back to life, ” among others were the words of President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua as he campaigned for his election in Calabar, Cross River State in 2007.

But the President has not been able to perform his functions up to expectation due to ill health.

He was reported to have informed Nigerians that in 2000 he had an infection which his doctors took as a mere case of hypertension and so his kidney was not examined. This then resulted to the infection which affected his kidney functions. Then, he travelled to Saudi Arabia to perform the Ummrah. It was there that, he said, it was discovered that his kidneys had been infected.

Besides, before he emerged as the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), not many Nigerians knew he had problems with his kidney, most people described the revelation as the handiwork of his detractors and political opponents to frustrate his presidential ambition. With the turn of event, however, it has come to the point that everyone has to look up to God for supplication.

The country is worried about how to come up with the appropriate strategy and approach that could be most suitable to manage what looked more like a major crisis. The anxiety triggered by the situation became discernible in the way frantic efforts were made in many quarters to get the necessary clarification on the condition of health of the President.

A top government official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, had earlier indicated the President's positive response to treatment with the hope that “he may return to the country in the next one week” , even though the one week promised has lapsed.

Another source also said that Yar'Adua was in for a long rest and may stay for some time to fully recover before embarking on a flight back home.
The news of President Yar’Adua’s presence in Saudi Arabia became popular, especially among the pilgrims from Nigeria on the Arafat Day (November 26, 2009) when it was rumored that he was sighted on the plain of Mount Arafat observing the cardinal rite of the pilgrimage. But the rumor later petered out when it could not be confirmed by the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) or the embassy.

The NAHCON has persistently ignored queries on the President's health on the ground that it was in Saudi Arabia for hajj operations and not to monitor his health condition.

In another development, it was reported that about 54 eminent Nigerians signed a statement to convey the frustration nationwide and across political divides, at his health problem which some say threatens stability and exacerbates low investors' confidence in Nigeria. Among the signatories were the former House of Representatives Speaker, Aminu Masari, former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Olu Falae, former Kaduna State Governor, Balarabe Musa and former Federal Capital Territory Minister, Nasir el-Rufai.

According to them, they want Yar’Adua to immediately handover to his deputy, Goodluck Jonathan. They insisted that the President should resign or come clean about his incapacity, and clear the way, for his replacement as spelt out in the constitution. They did it on the day the Senate rejected a motion to pray for his quick recovery, an idea that was condemned by the Senate President, David Mark.

These eminent citizens urged Yar'Adua to place the country above any person or powerful clique whose interest is served by the many ills in government and weakness of its top officials.

Their words: “It is clear to every discerning observer that Yar'Adua's physical condition has had a negative impact on his ability to discharge the functions of the highest office in our nation. Within the last few months, he has been unable to attend to crucial affairs of the state at home and abroad and whenever he has found time to do so, his judgment appears impaired by his ill-health.”

They however maintained that while illness is a natural phenomenon to which none is immune, his incessant overseas travel on health grounds, the confusion enveloping the country and gross under performance of his administration drag the country back.

“His health condition has necessitated several medical trips abroad but he had not transmitted to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives a written declaration that he was proceeding on vacation or that he is otherwise unable to discharge the functions of his office as required by Section 145 of the constitution,” the statement added.

The said section reads: “Whenever the President transmits to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, a written declaration that he is proceeding on vacation or that he is otherwise unable to discharge the functions of his office, until he transmits to the contrary, such functions shall be discharged by the Vice-President as Acting President.”

The statement also noted that it is a common knowledge that his incapacity has affected the implementation of the budget because he has been unable to co-ordinate the management of the economy and to preside over the Federal Executive Council (FEC) in a diligent manner. “In the circumstance, ministers have routinely flouted his orders and engaged in fighting as a direct result of the vacuum of leadership. A battery of doctors, complete with their paraphernalia, escorted Yar’Adua to the National Assembly last year to stand by as he delivered the budget. Some pundits have revealed that the crisis between the Senate and the House on who should host the budget delivery by the President was contrived to provide an escape route for Yar'Adua who was physically unfit to perform his formal task. The current condition of the President has created a dangerous situation whereby no one is in charge of the affairs of the state, contrary to the letter and spirit of the constitution.”

The team noted that, “as responsible and concerned individuals from every part of Nigeria, we call on him to immediately choose the honorable option of either (a) resigning from his office immediately, or (b) if he is confident of his true physical condition, request the FEC to pass a resolution pursuant to section 144 (1) of the constitution to the effect that he appears incapable of discharging the functions of his office. This honourable step will enable the Senate President to appoint a medical panel to confirm fitness or otherwise of the President to continue in office.”

Similarly, the absence of the ailing President Yar'Adua is beginning to have some negative effects on the economy. Officials of the oil giants, Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) and Chevron Nigeria Limited, among others have expressed worries over the President's ill health as it may threaten their bid to renew their oil mining leases (OMLs), which will soon expire.

According to an official of Shell who craved anonymity, the oil conglomerate wanted to follow the example of Exxon Mobil Corporation, which successfully signed a 20-year extension on three oil licences in November, last year and they wanted to sign the shallow water licences on the back of Exxon. But then,Yar'Adua left the country so all that has been put on hold.

Meanwhile, former National Vice Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for South-West, Shuaib Oyedokun, says that the call for the elevation of Vice President Goodluck Jonathan as the Acting President of the country is premature and it shows that Nigerians are generally impatient and to some extent, ungodly.

This view was supported by the Emir of Fika, Alhaji Muhammadu Abali Ibn Muhammadu Idrissa, who condemned the call for Yar’Adua’s resignation.
He said: “It is an unfortunate call. When somebody is not well, I think it is not fair to start saying he should resign. What we should do is to pray for his quick recovery.”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Impeachment: Panel Indicts Nyako, Absolves Deputy / Jonathan Remains The Best Man To Move Nigeria Forward – David Mark / 3 APC Members Killed In Adikpo, Benue By Angry Mob Who Mistook Them For Robbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.