Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,924 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria (11368 Views)

Breaking News!!! America Finally Legalizes Same-sex Marriage *see Obama Tweet / US Embassy Issues Emergency Alert To Its Citizens In Abuja / Us Embassy Advises Its Citizens To Be Ready For Evacuation If Strike Persists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by becomrich16: 4:15am On Dec 30, 2009
What we need are troope on the ground to seperate the north from the south.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 4:54am On Dec 30, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

Are you from outer space? You seem not to know that the Americans know more about Nigeria's internal issues even more than your sickly president.

Maybe perusing the following post civil war report will answer your question above.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/53862.pdf

To go off point a bit -
It is very refreshing to know that no western nation sold heavy arms (tanks, aircraft ) to Nigeria during the war. UK only sold light arms. The USSR (God punished them!) sold the heavy weapons.
It is also good to know that western opinion was sympathetic to the Biafran cause. Public opinion in the UK supported Biafra and US donors helped save starving Biafran children. This is a very useful information.
Thanks for that link Sunny_bobo
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 4:57am On Dec 30, 2009
^ you also missed the part about the lack of economic feasibility in the south east.

Public opinion in the UK supported Biafra and US donors helped save starving Biafran children. This is a very useful information.

Also don't forget Ojukwu's view of Britain's role in the war itself. grin grin grin Everyone likes white people sef
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by SeanT21(f): 5:02am On Dec 30, 2009
This news report is fake. I searched the story online and nothing is found.

If it's true, America has the right to protect its citizens

Poster, U should research stories before posting.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 5:06am On Dec 30, 2009
SEFAGO:

^ y[b]ou also missed the part about the lack of economic feasibility in the south east[/b].

Also don't forget Ojukwu's view of Britain's role in the war  itself.  grin grin grin Everyone likes white people sef

I didn't miss that. That was just an estimate. There were other estimates which never materialized. I was only interested in facts, i.e. what happened, not what was predicted. Vast parts of Igboland remain fallow even today. Smaller countries with resourceful citizens(eg Israel and switzerland) have succeeded more than larger countries with useless citizens (eg Sudan and Niger).
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:24am On Dec 30, 2009
SeanT21:

This news report is fake. I searched the story online and nothing is found.

If it's true, America has the right to protect its citizens

[sub][b]Poster, U should research stories before posting[/sub].[/b]

Can't u see the link to my source?
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by SeanT21(f): 5:35am On Dec 30, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

Can't u see the link to my source?

That is my point. Reading it from some Nigerian newsite does not make it true. This news would have been all over CNN or other major American news source if was true.

Read that news report over and look at all the blunders. "CIA officials", "an official"?? Can they not give us a name?

"CIA and the FBI operatives will undertake a security tour of the Murtala Muhammed Airport in Lagos to determine how Abdulmutallab left the country with a bomb sewn inside his underwear." Why will the CIA and FBI be needed for this job??

"Al-Qaida seeks to overthrow the Nigerian Government because of the perception that it is not a religious extremist." Really??

I am sorry if I am wrong but this has fraud written all over it
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:36am On Dec 30, 2009
roflmao!!!
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by nwoorsu: 5:41am On Dec 30, 2009
Why dont we just have a republic of southern nigeria separate from the north?south-south and south-east are almost entirely christians and have continued to suffer from mass killings in the north.why dont we just part ways and still give the north some percentage of oil since that is the problem.the north is like 'north korea' .
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by kosovo(m): 5:47am On Dec 30, 2009
USA is constantly becoming weaker by the day,
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by cantell(m): 9:20am On Dec 30, 2009
@kosovo,
You mean stronger?
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by rethink: 9:27am On Dec 30, 2009
@post

If this is true then the USA should leave the Niger Dellta because there were terrorist of another breed there.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by WilyWily: 10:15am On Dec 30, 2009
Thank God,
Nigeria the Devil paradise of Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani North and Corrupt Yoruba have started Crumbling.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by ziga: 12:04pm On Dec 30, 2009
WilyWily:

Thank God,
Nigeria the Devil paradise of Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani North and Corrupt Yoruba have started Crumbling.

Just curious How old are you?
Horus:

Yes this is a Fake news and a hoax. Do Nigeria need the CIA and the FBI?. Dont believe this hoax.

Any country that wants to have flights originating from them and flying directly to the states will have its airport security appraised. Ever since 9/11, terrorism has been a big NO for the united states. So if Nigeria wants their flights to be able to fly directly into US, they will have to cooperate with the CIA, FBI.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Davidkpobo(m): 12:17pm On Dec 30, 2009
no be their fault to tell their citizens live naija. remmber 9/11,remmber all the things wey those muslim pple don do them. see now all those pple don start again 4 bauchi. na all the one wey i go fit talk na i don. u know say all those pple get heart well, well.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by toideve(m): 12:19pm On Dec 30, 2009
let them all leave and leave in time, what nonsense!
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by sayso: 12:27pm On Dec 30, 2009
maybe imminent invasion is on the cards
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by snowdrops(m): 12:29pm On Dec 30, 2009
toideve:

let them all leave and leave in time, what nonsense!
On the contrary there is a lot of sense in that directive. That is called responsible governance. Northern Nigeria based on their security agencies report is unsafe for its citizens hence to preempt any attack, they have adviced them to leave or take extra precautions. Nincumpoos like you keep living in denial. This country is on fire and now about to explode.
The last person to live please turn off the light.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by eyoniggar(m): 1:00pm On Dec 30, 2009
I am quite sure USA wants to make a big deal out of this.
They never liked us right from the start.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by marocguy(m): 1:04pm On Dec 30, 2009
These hausa people go kill us 4 dis country. They r going to be the ones 2 cause the disintegration prophesied by U.S. Tufia!!!
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by skyone(m): 1:09pm On Dec 30, 2009
patapata it will USA V  Nigeria and the winner will be ,   smiley

Honestly the bombers father should be arrested for some serious questioning, there's no way he will not know about he's son travelling to yemen etc.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by leMuhito(f): 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2009
Let them leave and lets keep our money in our country to boost our economy. Thats my opinion.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by chelseabmw(m): 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2009
i hate theses people
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by spikedcylinder: 1:17pm On Dec 30, 2009
Is it out of the ordinary for the fanatics to start throwing daggers and knives at Americans in the north?
It is a sensible directive, like it or not.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2009
Too many emotional comments will not help us.

I will speak as an insider who had access to the US Intelligence service when I was only 21 and working for an American agency and in Nigerian politics and even helped to carry the rifle for the protection of a notable Nigerian Presidential candidate on Eletu Ogabi on Victoria Island, Lagos, when I was only 27.

The crisis is not the fault of the majority who are innocent regardless of their class or creed, but the greediness and wickedness of the rulers who are political contractors and opportunists engaged in a do or die power struggle like their power tussle over illegal oil bunkering in the Niger Delta being posted as political war over resource control. The so called criminals posing and posturing as militants now enjoying a so called amnesty were employees of the Nigerian mafia engaged in oil theft and export. The CIA knows all of them. And they are both Northerners and Southerners claiming to be Christians and Muslims in public, but are members of the same cult and mafia. They meet in the same clubs in Lagos and Abuja where the majority of the electorate cannot dine and wine with them, except as their servants and employees.

The PDP is a political cult and the other political parties are not innocent.

Nigeria even has more good Muslims who can lead us well than the hypocrites claiming to be "Christians".
Are Chris Uba, Andy Uba, Orji Uzor Kalu and James Ibori not claiming to be "Christians"?
Have you seen the luxury flats built by Donald Duke on Second Avenue in Ikoyi?
Where did he get the billions of naira he spent on the properties he acquired in Ikoyi and Abuja from?
From his salaries as a Governor?

The lunatic fringe elements among Muslims are instruments of their masters in the corridors of power,

The list is too long for this topic.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by spikedcylinder: 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2009
chelseabmw:

i hate theses people

That's how it starts.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by GL(f): 1:20pm On Dec 30, 2009
eyoniggar:

I am quite sure USA wants to make a big deal out of this.
They never liked us right from the start.

true
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 30, 2009
snowdrops:

On the contrary there is a lot of sense in that directive. That is called responsible governance. Northern Nigeria based on their security agencies report is unsafe for its citizens hence to preempt any attack, they have adviced them to leave or take extra precautions. Nincumpoos like you keep living in denial. This country is on fire and now about to explode.
The last person to live please turn off the light.

LWKMD!

I'm Torn
At first look the report appears to be fabricated as a fake one, but then the info seems to be everything i'd expect from US and Nigeria under the given circumstances.
(Please i digress now, but i am really worried about our president. Its been more than a month and we've not seen his face.
what if he's no longer with us? what if he is to be replicated, substituted and presented to us by unscrupulous nigerians (or worse, foreigners). Maybe i've watched too many movies?)
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by onyengbu1(m): 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2009
I wonder why it is taking Uwazulike so long to order HIS own citizens out of there.

grin grin
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by ziga: 1:35pm On Dec 30, 2009
skyone:

patapata it will USA V  Nigeria and the winner will be ,   smiley

Honestly the bombers father should be arrested for some serious questioning, there's no way he will not know about he's son travelling to yemen etc.

I guessed you must have missed it.

But, It has been on the news daily that the boy's father informed the US embassy in Abuja about his son's radical behaviour and contacts weeks before the attempted bombing.

He was interviewed by the CIA, who did not disseminate the information, which is a big failure on the side of the states.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by onyengbu1(m): 1:39pm On Dec 30, 2009
skyone:

Are you sure your dad is aware that you are posting JUNK on nairaland right now?

Should he be invited for questioning if Seun Decides to arrest you?
cool
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 30, 2009
spikedcylinder:

That's how it starts.

Thank you.Their hatred will breed destruction now.
And to those of you who hate or are saying nonsense against them,u r only jealous.If it were ur own country that an american wanted to bomb ,you wuld tell ur citizens in tere country to stay behind abi?
American hates  American hates Nigerian,is this the only country?Search urself and try to work on ur characters and ur images cos it begins with you.I know Nigeria is not the only country in Africa or in the world  and for the fact that America is getting something from us doesnt  mean that they shld not say the truth abt our corrupt leaders or govt.
You dont blame america for anything,they love us that is why they are telling us the truth,they hate us becos we fail to listen to the truth and we hate them becos they hate to hear the truth.
So dont hate america or blame them for anything  ,u rather build ur country and stop shinning away from the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bagudu Visits Rima Basin Development Authority / Don’t Give Up On Your Dreams’, Sanwo-Olu Tells Rescued Street Kids / My View On Radio Biafra By A Northerner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.