Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,830 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria (11364 Views)

Breaking News!!! America Finally Legalizes Same-sex Marriage *see Obama Tweet / US Embassy Issues Emergency Alert To Its Citizens In Abuja / Us Embassy Advises Its Citizens To Be Ready For Evacuation If Strike Persists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by finemocha(f): 9:47am On Dec 31, 2009
@SEFAGO

THAT WAS HILARIOUS
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 9:54am On Dec 31, 2009
otawa:

Stop feeding yourself with crap. Obama himself has said USA is at fault.

They spent billion$ on security and this tiny boy still beat then to it?

The biggest mistake many people are making is that, this fellow 'bomb act' has nothing to do with Nigeria.!!

1. He never schooled in Nigeria! => British School

2. He was not radicalised in Nigeria => Britain & Yemen

3. Even the KLM ticket was not bought in Nigeria => Ghana

4. He pass through not only Lagos airport => Ethiopia, Ghana, Amsterdam

If USA try to make Nigeria accept AFRICOM based on this incident, NIGERIANS would resist this with everything

Sweet!!! PERFECT Denial!!! Awesome!!! ROFLMAO!!!!

Nevermind that Nigeria/Lagos just released that the reason why the boy went past undetected was due to power failure, you have ALREADY cooked up the perfect EXCUSES for why Nigeria out not to even bother . . . . ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 31, 2009
I just cant imagine nigeria becoming another iraq or afghanistan all in the name of fighting terrorists. we dont want american soldiers in nigeria under any guise
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by edoyad(m): 10:15am On Dec 31, 2009
@bluetooth , know what ye speaketh ?
The exchange rate is like 152 Naira to the green and being a gardner/cook/cleaner in the governor general's residence could fetch me like $25k/3.8 million Naira a year, how many people posting on NL earn that much working in an office ?
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 31, 2009
And you think workin as a gardner to the whittie will solve your problems.I dont earn as much but im comfortable besides more money more problems
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by GL(f): 11:05am On Dec 31, 2009
edoyad:

The exchange rate is like 152 Naira to the green and being a gardner/cook/cleaner in the governor general's residence could fetch me like $25k/3.8 million Naira a year, how many people posting on NL earn that much working in an office ?

whosai! americans are not fools. that they can pay 25k to a gardener in america doesn't mean they would do that here. afterall u cant compare taxes and general cost of living there to the nigerian situation. if it's like that even bankers would resign and work as gardeners. people with masters and phd degrees would apply for cleaning jobs.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by otawa: 11:14am On Dec 31, 2009
Nevermind that Nigeria/Lagos just released that the reason why the boy went past undetected was due to power failure, you have ALREADY cooked up the perfect EXCUSES for why Nigeria out not to even bother . . . . ROFLMAO!!!

Power failure?

Onus is on you to proof this, Mrs Kobojunkie.

ROFLMAO!!!
grin cheesy grin
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by lavista: 11:30am On Dec 31, 2009
The Nigeria Question is:

Where EXACTLY is President Yaradua?

For the answer join the Face Book Group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=252514258898
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by ayinba1(f): 11:40am On Dec 31, 2009
@edoyad
edoyad:

I doubt they'll pay you that if the job was in Nigeria. However, if it is a US job, you have to deduct your taxes first and that is give or take 20%. And with free rent, electric bills, phone bills, you may actually get to keep a decent part of the income. You'll still need to buy clothes though grin
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by wealth2al(m): 11:46am On Dec 31, 2009
may God help this nation.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by otawa: 11:59am On Dec 31, 2009
may God help this nation.

sorry that wont happen.

Nigeria is not the only nation in the world.

we have oil, cocoa, ground nut, educated people, huge population, lovely countryside, largest muslim population and devoted christians.

what else you want from God?

If Nigerians cannot help themselves, let them rot and be forgetten like the dodo.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Superbrain(m): 12:07pm On Dec 31, 2009
Guys, we are very blessed in Nigeria. Forget about what you all are saying. Let's just assume for one second that the bomb had been detonated by Farouk, it would be a very different story entirely. We won't have the FBI and CIA honoring us with their presence grin

Probably we'll all be in a church or mosque praying to God to spare our lives because the bombing would be terrible-especially in the North! I believe it'll die down by this time next year but we and our generations would live to pay the price for the asinine brat's action.

Thank you Lord, for it could have been worse. grin grin
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by edoyad(m): 12:21pm On Dec 31, 2009
@ayinba,GL and Bluetooth. Forget o, you think the governor general's house will hire me and not pay me American gardener salary ? Go and ask Nigerians who work for their embassy if they don't enjoy yankee blessings ?
Besides the job will come with some perks that will leave my wages intact. Nna governor general i'm waiting o !
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 31, 2009
Nigeria is a secular nation so US may not take drastic measure against us now until proven that part of the north is identified as a terrorist den.I hope ND boys will behave this critical time
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Preggy1: 12:34pm On Dec 31, 2009
Orikinla:

Too many emotional comments will not help us.

I[b] will speak as an insider who had access to the US Intelligence service when I was only 21 and working for an American agency and in Nigerian politics and even helped to carry the rifle for the protection of a notable Nigerian Presidential candidate on Eletu Ogabi on Victoria Island, Lagos, when I was only 27[/b].

The crisis is not the fault of the majority who are innocent regardless of their class or creed, but the greediness and wickedness of the rulers who are political contractors and opportunists engaged in a do or die power struggle like their power tussle over illegal oil bunkering in the Niger Delta being posted as political war over resource control. The so called criminals posing and posturing as militants now enjoying a so called amnesty were employees of the Nigerian mafia engaged in oil theft and export. The CIA knows all of them. And they are both Northerners and Southerners claiming to be Christians and Muslims in public, but are members of the same cult and mafia. They meet in the same clubs in Lagos and Abuja where the majority of the electorate cannot dine and wine with them, except as their servants and employees.

The PDP is a political cult and the other political parties are not innocent.

Nigeria even has more good Muslims who can lead us well than the hypocrites claiming to be "Christians".
Are Chris Uba, Andy Uba, Orji Uzor Kalu and James Ibori not claiming to be "Christians"?
Have you seen the luxury flats built by Donald Duke on Second Avenue in Ikoyi?
Where did he get the billions of naira he spent on the properties he acquired in Ikoyi and Abuja from?
From his salaries as a Governor?

The lunatic fringe elements among Muslims are instruments of their masters in the corridors of power,

The list is too long for this topic.

An intelligence officer should know better not to write this on a Public Forum innit! undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by edoyad(m): 12:46pm On Dec 31, 2009
@orikinla thanks for telling my friends here what their leaders are like. They are not christians or muslims, yoruba or ibibio or whatever inclinations or affiliations. Those people are power hungry sociopaths that will do anything to get money and power. They will sell Nigeria , their families or anything else to achieve get their warped gratification - was it not your president that fcked his daughter inlaw hard from behind as no. 1 citizen ? This guy could have had any other woman but you know the rest.
THEY ARE VAMPIRES.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Echidime(m): 12:56pm On Dec 31, 2009
If america is worried about Nigeria been taken over by terrorist groups, then they should help DIVIDE nigeria and give BIAFRANS their rightful god giving independent.

better still it can be divided into 5 countries, so they can be able to properly monitor this rascals called muslim extrimist terrorism in their own small country call nigeria or whatever
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by sedeagu(m): 4:11pm On Dec 31, 2009
The Guardian

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Security Adviser queries DG, NIA over Mutallab

* Inquest reveals involvement of sons of two former justices

From Martins Oloja, Abuja Bureau Chief

NIGERIA's intelligence/ Security machinery has kicked into overdrive in its bid to find what went wrong on its part, who knew what and when about the deeds or moves of Farouk Abdulmuttallab, now facing charges of attempted terror attack in the United States of America (U.S.A).

Piqued by the negative impact of the global discussion of the involvement of the Nigerian in the Christmas day's botched attempt to blow up a U.S.-bound plane that took off from Amsterdam, Holland and with the looming spectre of being tagged a haven of terrorists, Nigeria's presidency has launched a comprehensive probe of the tragic incident. The claims and counter- claims on who knew what, when and where, about Farouk Mutallab's suspected attempt are of course of special interest.

The probe, which promises to be far-reaching, began in earnest on Monday morning when the National Security Adviser Abdul Sarki Mukhtar, a retired Major-General, personally issued and signed a strongly-worded query to the Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Ambassador E.O. Oladeji.

In the query entitled: "Alleged Involvement of Umar Farouk Mutallab in an Attempt to Bomb a U.S. Airliner" and dated December 28, the National Security Adviser indicated that the National Intelligence Agency had prior knowledge of a report said to have been deposited with it on the suspect. The words of the query:

"From all indications, it seemed that your Agency had prior knowledge of a report, said to have been made by Alhaji Umar Mutallab about the tendencies of his son, Umar Farouk, towards radicalisation, which was manifested in the incident leading to his arrest in the U.S."

The query goes further, "It is really unfortunate and sad that knowledge of such an important intelligence issue could not be brought to the attention of this office, or the weekly Intelligence Community Committee Meeting (ICCM). It was this failure that led to the unfortunate incident we are grappling with now".

"The report if circulated within the ICC would have alerted the Security Agencies at our Travel Control Points (TCPs) to take appropriate required action, that would have led to his arrest, before boarding the KLM flight from Nigeria, thereby pre-empting the sad incident", it added.

The NSA notes that "Failure to do so has not only led to this rather unfortunate international embarrassment to the Nigerian nation, but also depicted our country as a haven for terrorists. You are therefore to explain what led to this failure of intelligence, and the persons therein involved. Your explanation, should reach me on or before Tuesday December 29, 2009, "

According to sources close to the NIA, the National Security Adviser's letter has caused some "consternation" within the Agency coming on the heels of a recent crisis that led to the dramatic removal of the former DG NIA, Ambassador Imohe.

The Guardian gathered last night that even as the NIA chief executive faces the challenge of answering the query from the NSA, the presidency has been told that contrary to earlier reports that the lead and indeed activities of Umar Farouk (Jnr) were reported to Nigeria's security agencies, "the father only reported it to a former National Security official who served under President Obasanjo, who in turn reportedly informed one of the directors at the National Intelligence Agency (NIA). The director obviously did nothing about the lead until the current incident happened."

The report of how Mutallab (snr) reported his son is said to have also raised curiosity of the Intelligence and Security Community. One puzzle operatives are hoping to unravel is "what the former Managing Director of UBA knew and what compelled him to head for the American Embassy instead of, for instance, the British High Commission which had in May this year rejected his son's re-entry visa shortly after he completed his degree programme in a London university".

Besides, the Intelligence and Joint Security Services are said to be interested in questioning the eminent Mutallab, a former federal commissioner (minister) under General Obasanjo as military head of state (1976-1979) on "why he did not report the suspicious deeds of his son to the offices of current National Security Adviser or even the Directors-General of the State Services Department or the National Intelligence Agency".

In the same vein, the presidency, still smarting from the embarrassment occasioned by the absence of the president for more than a month now, is now running with bursting adrenaline to get to the root of this crisis. As a result, so many questions are being asked: What are some of the relationships the older Mutallab has in the world of business, government and even religion? Being married to an Arab Yemeni himself, what could the older Mutallab know or say of his son's Yemeni connections? Yemen is now widely known as the base of radical islamic fundamentalists where attacks had previously been planned on American targets.

Could the attempted attack by Mutallab have been a culmination of an intricate web of local and transnational intrigues that may have implications for domestic and foreign policy direction of the current administration?"

Just as answers were being sought to these and other questions, last night, it was revealed by diplomatic sources that Umar Farouk may not have been alone in his suspected enterprise. Indeed, two sons of two former justices of Nigeria have also been fingered and are already under the scrutiny of security men.

British investigators are said to have also revealed that a Pakistani citizen who collaborated with a Yemeni citizen actually trained the three Nigerian suspects inside the United Kingdom.

Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:03pm On Dec 31, 2009
otawa:

Power failure?

Onus is on you to proof this, Mrs Kobojunkie.

ROFLMAO!!!
grin cheesy grin

Someone already gave you one post above, here is another

http://thepmnews.com/2009/12/30/why-failed-bomber-mutallab-could-not-be-stopped-in-lagos?version=print

Please use google well
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Princek12(m): 8:03pm On Dec 31, 2009
Abeg, with all these religious unrest and possible prevalence of northern Muslims who may sympathize with al Qaeda and believe in Sharia and are against the so called western lifestyle, I am no longer from "Nigeria." I am now from "Southern Nigeria"ooooooooooo. Those malos in the North should abide by Sharia law and eliminate western education. A lot of them don't speak English, anyway!
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by zibby(m): 8:04pm On Dec 31, 2009
Power failure.  We let a would-be terrorist through because of power failure.  Yet again, I hang my head in shame.  Unbelievable.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Godopinion: 3:02am On Jan 01, 2010
Lets do some intelligence work.Supposing that the bomb went off,how will the cia,fbi know that it was a Nigerian sorry a northern Nigerian that did it.Braking news Americas first black president gets Christmas gift from Nigerian sorry northern Nigerian first black international terrorist or perhaps freedom fighter grin grin grin grin.I'm definitely sure that the fbi,cia are monitoring this forum in general and this thread in particular.So guys better be careful on what you are posting else you might be denied visa to gods own country when the time comes for you to go there come next 15years as a refugeeeeeeeeeee
Nigeria 419
No Infrastructure
Rampant corruption
Lawless country
Kidnappings on daily basis
political assassinations every where
police brutality and corruption
A country run by imbeciles and kleptomaniacs
Where foreign oil companies do as they like in connivance with the imbeciles in power
Add international terrorism from northern Nigeria as we are used to their local ones where they loot ,kill and plunder
Nigeria a disaster waiting to happen
Yet I'm still irresistible Nigerian
Clap for me because I deserve an award grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by IG: 1:17pm On Jan 01, 2010
Everything about these recent sects and terrorist activities smell very fishy to me.
Let's make some things clear first. Maitatsine=Kala Kato (one and the same). Islamic clerics have warned that Muhammad Yusuf (of Boko haram) share the same ideologies with Maitatsine long before the Boko Haram incident. The government knows about Maitatsines since early 80s and nothing has been done. Borno state government has arrested Muhammad Yusuf 3 times but was always released on court orders.
The International community only became worried about Boko Haram when the leader was killed but they never gave a damn about his earlier open threats. Just when we thought Boko Haram is over, now we have Umar Mutallib.

No doubt some Muslim sects are involved (don't be mad I'm a muslim)
But I seriousely think that the CIA and some top Nigerian politicians are also involved. The SSS said that Muhammad Yusuf had the backing of some powerful Nigerians.

Who knows maybe these will be the justification for setting up AFRICOM on African soil.

Just trying to put the pieces together.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:45pm On Jan 01, 2010
IG:

Everything about these recent sects and terrorist activities smell very fishy to me.
Let's make some things clear first. Maitatsine=Kala Kato (one and the same). Islamic clerics have warned that Muhammad Yusuf (of Boko haram) share the same ideologies with Maitatsine long before the Boko Haram incident. The government knows about Maitatsines since early 80s and nothing has been done. Borno state government has arrested Muhammad Yusuf 3 times but was always released on court orders.
The International community only became worried about Boko Haram when the leader was killed but they never gave a damn about his earlier open threats. Just when we thought Boko Haram is over, now we have Umar Mutallib.

No doubt some Muslim sects are involved (don't be mad I'm a muslim)
But I seriousely think that the CIA and some top Nigerian politicians are also involved. The SSS said that Muhammad Yusuf had the backing of some powerful Nigerians.

Who knows maybe these will be the justification for setting up AFRICOM on African soil.

Just trying to put the pieces together.

If I told you how senseless that gobbly-de-goop up there sounds, you might think I am just trying to be an arse, but for real, it sounds really senseless. To help establish AFRICOM, the Nigerian SSS joins with CIA, sends a father to report his son to the SSS and the US Embassy for terrorism and then sacrifice 20 years of his son's life? PLease don't give up trying to come up with something more plausible, at least for your mind's sake!
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by sunnykiss(m): 11:17am On Jan 02, 2010
;Dahh na wa oo :-(¤¤ hApPY ~nEw^¥€ar¤¤;-) to all USA na wa una don forget say we get Oil ooooo hahaha fuvck Umar abdul mutalab may he rot in jail
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Agbotoba(m): 11:21am On Jan 02, 2010
This is shocking.I do not believe this thread.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by WilyWily7: 12:03pm On Jan 02, 2010
Al-Quaeda has their base in Nigeria, and we are calling on American Government as a matter of urgency to send America Marines here to help flush out Moslem Terrorist of Yoruba and Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani North.
There are information that Al-Quaede have mobile laboratory in Northern Nigeria for the production of Biological Weapon to use against Western Interest.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by edoyad(m): 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2010
Chai ! ! wilywily grin
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by idomababe(f): 3:17pm On Jan 03, 2010
Wily*Wily:

Al-Quaeda has their base in Nigeria, and we are calling on American Government as a matter of urgency to send America Marines here to help flush out Moslem Terrorist of Yoruba and Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani North.
There are information that Al-Quaede have mobile laboratory in Northern Nigeria for the production of Biological Weapon to use against Western Interest.

[/
i wonder if this thread is suppose to be funny.]
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by swezenberg(m): 10:18pm On Jan 03, 2010
Wily Wily

is it Wily Wily or were were them they call you. I learnt you are a brother to the terrorist. You and those cowards that call themselves Mend will be the first to be eliminated in this country. Bet it with me
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Virgo83(m): 3:07pm On Jan 04, 2010
I won't share that idea; I would rather advice they leave not only the Northern Part of the Country but they should leave Nigeria as a whole: We are tired of their Military Politics, plotting to ruin this country. Nigeria and her Citizens has a lot to handle that this Stupid Propaganda plotting to ruin us more.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by hatbreaker: 5:39pm On Jan 04, 2010
will you blame them?my people give them hand to talk nonsense,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Probe: Tambuwal Faces Impeachment Threat / Fuel Scarcity: Oil Workers Suspend Strike / Akpabio: Corrupt People Treated NDDC As Their ATM - The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.