Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,897 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria (11365 Views)

Breaking News!!! America Finally Legalizes Same-sex Marriage *see Obama Tweet / US Embassy Issues Emergency Alert To Its Citizens In Abuja / Us Embassy Advises Its Citizens To Be Ready For Evacuation If Strike Persists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by harakiri(m): 6:16pm On Dec 30, 2009
sjeezy8:

lol you know whats funny those africom soldiers will be in Naija (training Nigerian soldiers to combat mainly ND militants  and also islamic extremist) . The US is smart and will be milking this oppurtunity for Africom in Nigeria to protect its oil interest.

kill two birds one stone- protect US oil and combat the alqaeda which isnt a problem in Nigeria.

Im telling you the CIA and co are every smart sha Nigerians are sooo dumb mehn.
Oduduwa nonsense Biafra nonsense christian muslims nonsense. Africans are too dumb i wonder why mehn . . .

To be frank, i just don't know what is wrong with us black Africans.Once upon a time, i usually went into a daze in deep thought just trying to understand why Africans are so horribly dumb.All we think about is how much we can put in our accounts, buying hectares of land in lekki phase 1, buying a crib or two in Manhattan and having dozens of exotic cars in the garage which we sometimes can't drive for months. I can boldly tell you that NO AFRICAN thinks of setting up strong foundations for the millions of unborn children.Africans don't think beyond their life time.Na wetin dem go chop at present "consign" them.Mind you building one dozen houses for ungrateful children to inherit is not beneficial to the community at large.

Just look at all the African countries that have been independent for at least two decades.What do you see there?Nothing.Virtually nothing to show for all the resources they are blessed with.The most blessed nations are the most cursed nations.Look at Somalia, look at Nigeria, look at sierra Leone, look at Zimbabwe, look at Kenya,look at south Africa (wait and see where those trigger happy Zulus will be in 10 years).
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by platinumnk(f): 6:20pm On Dec 30, 2009
exclude Kenya . . Kenya is on the up and up cheesy
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by honeric01(m): 6:21pm On Dec 30, 2009
platinumnk:

exclude Kenya .  . Kenya is on the up and up cheesy

Nairobi is up just like Abuja is eating up the whole federal government money, not Kenya as a whole ok? cheesy
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 30, 2009
I laughed when people were blaming farouk's father of poor parenting.The only thing that comes first in america foreign policy is "america superiority over others first".Their military and security agencies have been known for black ops which they conduct covertly and overtly.Thats is why i will continue to appreciate russians and chinese for their counter intelligence system against the united states in all ramifications.Africom is an aged-long agenda which the US wanted in nigeria by all means for reasons you and i know "oil".Nigeria shouldnt be cowed into accepting any form of military help from the US at this period in time in order to avoid any unforseen manipulations.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by edoyad(m): 6:26pm On Dec 30, 2009

LOGICAL REASONING EXAM

Which of the following options is more dispensable in relation to Nigeria's ambitions ?
[A] Millions of hausa muslims with the highest poverty and and lowest literacy rate in the country(possibly west Africa).

[B] Millions of Niger-Deltans with the lowest poverty rate and wait for it . . . "crude oil".
*answer carrier 100 marks
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:28pm On Dec 30, 2009
otawa:

Truly, Nigerians should stand-up against this nonsense from Obama and his USA.

Kobojunkie, all your points are useless:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8434805.stm

They delibrately allow the boy to continue so they can use that to achieve their aims: full access to AFRICOM.

Nobody can convince me otherwise. It is very glaring!

Let me guess, in your mind, the boy's father was also part of the "CONSPIRACY" you are cooking there? Keep it up dude. . . . . And you complain of an AFRICOM? With people processing open information the way you have done so far, AFRICOM makes more and more sense by the minute. I mean if WE  are incapable of handling our affairs, it makes sense for them to come in to do the job so they can at least ensure some improved level of security from the start end ( NIGERIA) to the end. I mean if We continue to ignorantly ship these people off with bombs, how can security ever be improved??

ROFLMAO!!! Nigerians, OPEN YOUR EYES to your afflictions and stop FOCUSING on that of others, who are busy dealing with theirs!
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by sjeezy8: 6:33pm On Dec 30, 2009
edoyad:

LOGICAL REASONING EXAM

Which of the following options is more dispensable in relation to Nigeria's ambitions ?
[A] Millions of hausa muslims with the highest poverty and and lowest literacy rate in the country(possibly west Africa).

[B] Millions of Niger-Deltans with the lowest poverty rate and wait for it . . . "crude oil".
*answer carrier 100 marks

Since when was americas interest in Nigeria about Nigeria's ambitions and for a better Nigeria?

Quiz

who are more susceptible to listen to Every and everything the US and British say?
A)illiterate africans(majority of northeners)

B) educated africans who have minds of their own(Niger deltans and southerners in general)

its not a mistake that the british put Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria together
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by domwas2(m): 6:37pm On Dec 30, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Nigeria shouldnt be cowed into accepting any form of military help from the US at this period in time in order to avoid any unforseen manipulations.
are u sure shocked
because i dont think Nigeria is mature to handle this
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by harakiri(m): 6:39pm On Dec 30, 2009
~Bluetooth:

I laughed when people were blaming farouk's father of poor parenting.The only thing that comes first in america foreign policy is "america superiority over others first".Their military and security agencies have been known for black ops which they conduct covertly and overtly.Thats is why i will continue to appreciate russians and chinese for their counter intelligence system against the united states in all ramifications.Africom is an aged-long agenda which the US wanted in nigeria by all means for reasons you and i know "oil".Nigeria shouldnt be cowed into accepting any form of military help from the US at this period in time in order to avoid any unforseen manipulations.

Nigeria is the next Iraq-to-be.There is nothing Nigeria or Nigerians can do about it.For starters, where is the leadership?Who wants to talk?Who wants to fight them?We cannot even challenge our thieving leaders on equal footing talk less of Africom.The reason they will use to come here is to "protect the national security" of the US and Nigeria itself.They will set up one or two camps in the north and there head quarters will be concentrated in the Niger delta.

Don't doubt it for one sec.Those bigger thieves are coming and here to stay thanks to our "nincompopiness"

Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by edoyad(m): 6:41pm On Dec 30, 2009
*Hausa Muslims , not North entirely. Cos middle belt is not Hausa
1. Which Asian Countries/destinations have prospered more in the last century ?
[A] South Korea, Japan, Taiwan and countries that align themselves with the American and British Infidels
[B] North Korea, Burma, Iran or countries trying in vain to swim against the tide .
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On Dec 30, 2009
harakiri:

Nigeria is the next Iraq-to-be.There is nothing Nigeria or Nigerians can do about it.For starters, where is the leadership?Who wants to talk?Who wants to fight them?We cannot even challenge our thieving leaders on equal footing talk less of Africom.The reason they will use to come here is to "protect the national security" of the US and Nigeria itself.They will set up one or two camps in the north and there head quarters will be concentrated in the Niger delta.

Don't doubt it for one sec.Those bigger thieves are coming and here to stay thanks to our "nincompopiness"

Yes!! The typical Nigerian mindset . . . . blame THEM for wanting to come in to do exactly what YOU have failed to do time and time and time and time and time and time again!!! Yes!! THEY are the evil ones for making attempts at fixing a problem YOU have refused to fix for decades yourself. sheeeshh!!
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by harakiri(m): 6:43pm On Dec 30, 2009
Na now real suffering go begin.Make we people continue to dey fight who better pass between igbo and yoruba.Dem talk say we go split by 2015.Well, seems we ejaculated prematurely on this one.

Great nation, Good people,Up PDP!
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by harakiri(m): 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Yes!! The typical Nigerian mindset  . . . . blame THEM for wanting to come in to do exactly what YOU have failed to do time and time and time and time and time and time again!!!  Yes!! THEY are the evil ones for making attempts at fixing a problem YOU have refused to fix for decades yourself. sheeeshh!!

I understand you are lounging behind your computer up in Ohio outside all the crap going on here so that gives you the audacity to determine who has "nigerian mindset" and who doesn't.It seems you are also have an angry day today coz all you've done throughout is counter post after post after post and after post with such feverish dedication that only drugs can muster (hey. . .i forgot. . .kobojunkie huh?. . .lol grin)

Anyways, i never said anything about the US being the "evil infidels" neither did i say they would make things better.Let me explain the scenario as i see it.BLACKS CAN'T GET THEIR S**T TOGETHER AND THE COWBOYS ARE GONNA BE DOWN HERE TO RIDE OUR BEHINDS TILL DEATH DO US PART.Someone get the KY. . .lol
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by sjeezy8: 6:49pm On Dec 30, 2009
^^ lol kobojunkie never makes sense

and blacks can never get their ish together
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by bidemi12(m): 6:53pm On Dec 30, 2009
harakiri:

I understand you are lounging behind your computer up in Ohio outside all the crap going on here so that gives you the audacity to determine who has "nigerian mindset" and who doesn't.It seems you are also have an angry day today coz all you've done throughout is counter post after post after post and after post with such feverish dedication that only drugs can muster (hey. . .i forgot. . .kobojunkie huh?. . .lol grin)

Anyways, i never said anything about the US being the "evil infidels" neither did i say they would make things better.Let me explain the scenario as i see it.BLACKS CAN'T GET THEIR S**T TOGETHER AND THE COWBOYS ARE GONNA BE DOWN HERE TO RIDE OUR BEHINDS TILL DEATH DO US PART.Someone get the KY. . .lol

My friend shut the hell up!!! If you leave your doors open boys will generaly walk in and out anytime and anyhow they want. Let me ask you a question, " where is your president?" You dont even have a government. Armchair revolutionalist. Na only mouth una get.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:55pm On Dec 30, 2009
harakiri:

An idiotic speech!!! What is the relevance of the ABOVE LIES( considering you are 100% wrong there) to this? Is it too much to ask people with your mindset to THINK OUT SIDE OF THAT COMFORTABLE box you have built for your ignorance?

harakiri:
US being Evil? That is you. I asked you of the Nigerian PART here. You CONDEMN AFRICOM but somehow uphold INCOMPETENCE. Don’t you see how that is part and parcel of the BLACK PROBLEM YOU CLAIM? We are quick to put down whatever it out there without understanding that the very reason these things exist in the first place is because WE HAVE NOT SHOWN, and continue to SHOW WE ARE NOT CAPABALE of handling our own issues.

The whole of Africa is infected with this diseased way of approaching issues. We are quick to CONDEMN anything from the outside WITHOUT considering why these outsiders are even here and what we can do to keep them from NEEDING to come in to solve our problem.

AFRICOM EXISTS because AFRICA has shown it is INCAPABLE of handling simple security and assignments AFRICOM feels it can handle for us. AFRICOM exists because AFRICANS have shown they are too cowardly to get off their backs and do something about the situation. You do not see an AFRICOM-type in South America, or even Asia, do you? Ask yourself why? AFRICOM exists for a reason, find out what it is, consider it and work on your government providing that service for the people, THEN AND ONLY THEN can you COMPETENTLY rebut AFRICOM without sounding like another imbecilic being from Nigeria.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by harakiri(m): 6:57pm On Dec 30, 2009
bidemi12:

My friend shut the hell up!!! If you leave your doors open boys will generaly walk in and out anytime and anyhow they want. Let me ask you a question, " where is your president?" You dont even have a government. Armchair revolutionalist. Na only mouth una get.

Try and boot your hard drive called brain before you post.Oya, restart your brain and come back here to read the earlier post.

Merry Xmas and Happy Brainless day for you.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 30, 2009
I've said this before on other threads and i will say it again 'NIGERIA HAS FALLEN TO THE BIGGEST SCAM OF 2009' we be proper mugu for the american government! Whoever want to dispute this should wait and see unfolding events. Though i do not support what that terrorist of a boy did but am convinced that there is so much politics involved in this incident. THE MORE YOU LOOK THE LESS YOU SEE!
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by bidemi12(m): 7:09pm On Dec 30, 2009
harakiri:

Try and boot your hard drive called brain before you post.Oya, restart your brain and come back here to read the earlier post.

Merry Xmas and Happy Brainless day for you.

I've already had a merry xmas and i'm definitely going to have a very happy new year. Aboki. grin
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by edoyad(m): 7:11pm On Dec 30, 2009
Kobojunkie scale down on the invectives, your posts ,though rational, are becoming a tad distasteful.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by harakiri(m): 7:18pm On Dec 30, 2009
edoyad:

Kobojunkie scale down on the invectives, your posts ,though rational, are becoming a tad distasteful.

And what do you term as being rational?

Personally i see her posts as being well scripted, she obviously has a brain up stairs but everything about her counters on here have been unreasonably defensive.Maybe it's the "Xmas" season. shocked
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 7:23pm On Dec 30, 2009
Make no mistake, I did not insult the man or tell him what he ought not to know at this point. I just tried to get him to understand again that IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS!!! Many of us were raised to believe it is but truly, it is not.

Like I keep saying, the problem in Africa is not our leaders, or AFRICOM( hoping to help solve security issues expected and already existing in Africa), not GM seeds( meant to help solve hunger problems that plagues africa), not solar panels( meant to help solve our ever present power problems), or even the west or china but the individual mentality of Africans.

So much has happened everyelse since this incident. Our own government does not seem moved in anyway by this. Even the netherlands has accepted part of the blame and has moved to improve security on it's end and investigate claims that the bomb potentatially came in at their end. The Netherlands is already working on installing more body scanners in three weeks. Security has been increased across America, and agencies are already working on correcting the problem. What have we done or are we doing on our own end? Why are we just sitting back into business as usual mode?
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by edoyad(m): 7:31pm On Dec 30, 2009
@ kobojunkie i hold aversion to that African people are not doing anything statement. Didn't you hear that in Uganda a bill has been sent to parliament for gays to be executed ?
Gays I'll have you know are the crux of Africa's poverty.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 7:39pm On Dec 30, 2009
edoyad:

*Hausa Muslims , not North entirely. Cos middle belt is not Hausa
1. Which Asian Countries/destinations have prospered more in the last century ?
[A] South Korea, Japan, Taiwan and countries that align themselves with the American and British Infidels
[B] North Korea, Burma, Iran or countries trying in vain to swim against the tide .

The term northern moslems is more applicable.my view is that all majority moslem states(including oyo state) should merge and form the republic of northern nigeria while all predominantly christian states should form republic of southern nigeria.the north should get some percentage of the oil in the south but would need visa to visit the south.at least abuja is the most developed city in nigeria and is going to be their capital while ours will be in asaba with warri as the new delta state capital.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by harakiri(m): 7:40pm On Dec 30, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Make no mistake, I did not insult the man or tell him what he ought not to know at this point. I just tried to get him to understand again that IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS!!! Many of us were raised to believe it is but truly, it is not.

Like I keep saying, the problem in Africa is not our leaders, or AFRICOM( hoping to help solve security issues expected and already existing in Africa), not GM seeds( meant to help solve hunger problems that plagues africa), not solar panels( meant to help solve our ever present power problems), or even the west or china but the individual mentality of Africans. 

So much has happened everyelse since this incident. Our own government does not seem moved in anyway by this. Even the netherlands has accepted part of the blame and has moved to improve security on it's end and investigate claims that the bomb potentatially came in at their end. The Netherlands is already working on installing more body scanners in three weeks. Security has been increased across America, and agencies are already working on correcting the problem. What have we done or are we doing on our own end? Why are we just sitting back into business as usual mode?

Is there anything i said that is in any way different from all you've been saying?Just point to one. . .just ONE!

You just started ranting and ranting.Show me just one of my post that suggests otherwise and i will STFU.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Digriz(m): 7:41pm On Dec 30, 2009
As long as the extra security check and installation of body scanners wil be in d interest of the xtian and of US , dnt expect it to work.
Dnt be surprise that the northern muslims would hv bn celebrating nw if Farouk had succeeded.
Our problem is those muslim leaders frm d north and they are all supporting all ths terrorism in one way or d other.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by yeswecan(m): 7:42pm On Dec 30, 2009
edoyad:

@ kobojunkie i hold aversion to that African people are not doing anything statement. Didn't you hear that in Uganda a bill has been sent to parliament for gays to be executed ?

What are you saying?

@Kobojunkie i understand your point but it is important to point out that the US were pre-informed of a terrorist attack  ,  weeks before the attempted bombing. Having said that, i think it is safe to write a conspiracy theory here.  ,   i don't subscribe to it   i just think its safe to think so.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by mamagee3(f): 7:43pm On Dec 30, 2009
Nigerians are on their way to Iraq. . . grin
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by harakiri(m): 7:43pm On Dec 30, 2009

I've been here talking about how Africans failed to get it together and you and some bidemi12 dude just started taking jabs.Everything both of you were trying to say conforms with EVERYTHING i have been saying so. . .who is the one with the "Nigerian mentality" now huh? Ehh kobojunkie?
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by otawa: 7:44pm On Dec 30, 2009
I mean if WE  are incapable of handling our affairs, it makes sense for them to come in to do the job so they can at least ensure some improved level of security from the start end ( NIGERIA) to the end. I mean if We continue to ignorantly ship these people off with bombs, how can security ever be improved??

How sad for an african to write such above.

The last time they came, we are still suffering from the after effects!
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by sjeezy8: 7:47pm On Dec 30, 2009
edoyad:

lmfao
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 7:55pm On Dec 30, 2009
yeswecan:

What are you saying?

@Kobojunkie i understand your point but it is important to point out that the US were pre-informed of a terrorist attack , weeks before the attempted bombing. Having said that, i think it is safe to write a conspiracy theory here. , i don't subscribe to it i just think its safe to think so.
We are quick to hammer on the US being PRE-INFORMED of the terrorist attack. But what about Nigeria? We were also PRE-INFORMED, in fact, weeks before the Americans, by the same source. So, what is the essence of what you have posted here?
I mean the Americans have accepted blame for the lack of communication on their part being reason why this bomber almost got to their shores to blow up a plane. The Netherlands has accepted blame for the security lapse on their end being reason why a potential bomber was able to get past security in schipol with no luggage and a one way ticket to America. They are working to actually beef up security as we speak. Same is happening in America. What about the Nigerian end to this? Why didn’t we do anything with what we had to work with? Why didn’t our own flags go off when a Nigeria?

For the conspiracy theorists, if working with their own kind, then find, but when you post conspiracy theories as FACT in a open forum where people who do not live in the same box as you do are present, expect to be told to shove it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Arrest Man With Explosives In Lagos / Photo Of Nigeria After 2015 / How Government Loses Billions To Fraudulent Clearing Agents - The Guardian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.