Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,557 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

"oriki Eko": Who Originated It? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "oriki Eko": Who Originated It? (10741 Views)

Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador / Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch / The Yoruba Oriki For Twin & Its Translation - Dedicated To Twins Worldwide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"oriki Eko": Who Originated It? by supereagle(m): 3:04am On Dec 30, 2009
Eko akete Ile ogbon

Eko arosese majae ilu eko ko ya bu omi suru mu

Eko, aro mi sa legbe legbe

Eko o ni baje o

“B’oju o ba ti Ehin’gbeti, oju o ni t’Eko

From what I learnt in History, I learnt that Eko was founded by Bini people, Bini people will always tell you that Eko was corrupted word of Ekoe, I can't remember the meaning now. But Bini people do not speak the real Yoruba to the best of my knowledge,but Eko people speak diluted yoruba.
The real Omo Eko should please tell us the origin of the" Oriki Eko"
Don't contribute if you are grounded on the history of Eko and Bini.
Re: "oriki Eko": Who Originated It? by Nobody: 3:51am On Dec 30, 2009
why didnt you post this on the oriki thread and what does this oriki have to do with Bini or the founding of Lagos?

(1) (Reply)

Let's Learn Sign Language / Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You / The Untold Story Of Ogedengbe Agbogungboro Of Ijesha Land 1822-1910. Wars And Ge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.