Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? (14351 Views)

Met My Son For The First Time Today - Photos / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes / Share Your Challenges As A First-born (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by drnoel: 8:26am On Apr 12, 2017
DJMCOTTY:
Chai!!! My son is 2yrs old and he is already driving me gaga! And yet people still tell me I have not seen anything , if he do pass this one we go throw blow o!

Wait till he is 4. Then u will see movie

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by tonychristopher: 8:34am On Apr 12, 2017
As a man...Having to wake up in midnight due to the cries of the baby
Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by elsomm(m): 8:37am On Apr 12, 2017
Tazdroid:
I'm not really a parent per se but I have been in that position for a while. To be honest, it's no child's play. It is one of the toughest jobs for which you get no salary. Your head could get seriously messed up in a million different ways owing to the demands and pressure. I guess it's good that I'm learning.

grin innocent question? Eh, meet 2baba na wink

Pun intended I guess
Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by richG: 8:59am On Apr 12, 2017
Maxvasia:
U want another strong lady to be cooking for her husband? What is making her weak 2 days after delivery? I am a Doc and i know thats an embarassingly stupid excuse! What happened to employing a helper as part of preparation for the "challenges ahead"? The only problem here is the attitude of ladies of nowadays. Apparently the real women are long dead. Our grand mothers wer never like this.
Please note that our grandmothers were placed under special care at least 2-3months after putting to bed. Older women usually do the cooking and even bathe the new mother. I don't see what is embarrassing or stupid about still being weak 2days after delivery. As a 'doctor' you should know better. What if the woman in question had some vaginal tear? What if some sort of complications emerged? What if her system still requires rest? Have you thought of cs or the mistakes most medical practitioners make while attending to women in labour?Oga abeg no talk like that again. You are indirectly sending the wrong signal to men. Give your wife time to recover. Nine months no be beans. Nine solid months of trying to nurture a foetus, nine solid months of dos and don'ts, nine months of changes (you can't even lie down anyhow, trying to always sleep on your left side) Kudos to our mothers jare. I have come to appreciate my mother the more and I equally hail all mothers. E no easy. Na God's grace de do the work!

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by SirVintageCock: 9:10am On Apr 12, 2017
Maxvasia:
U want another strong lady to be cooking for her husband? What is making her weak 2 days after delivery? I am a Doc and i know thats an embarassingly stupid excuse! What happened to employing a helper as part of preparation for the "challenges ahead"? The only problem here is the attitude of ladies of nowadays. Apparently the real women are long dead. Our grand mothers wer never like this.
You are an embarrassment to the medical professions.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by peculiar32(f): 9:15am On Apr 12, 2017
lonelydora:
The sleepless nights I endured every night when my wife gave birth to our first child. It wasn't easy at all, remembering you will go to work next day .

Buying of Golden Morn,pampers, and stuffs. Most times, wifey just call and say "Please darling, on your way back buy bla bla bla. And those things might cost up to 5-8k. They don't even ask if you have money with you where yiu are. This one annoys me most but what can you do nah? God over everything shaa

Enduring the 'scattered' house as kids play around. Myself and wifey always arranging, putting things in their right places in the whole house. Thank God my kids are not destructive but they scatter things a lot. Usually happens when you have a Boy as first child.

Meanwhile in remembrance of Easter
lol

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by Bigsteveg(m): 9:33am On Apr 12, 2017
elektra:

What is wrong with some human beings for God's sake?
Just comot eye, no use style insult another woman husband
Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by Bigsteveg(m): 9:42am On Apr 12, 2017
maasoap:

Not only boy but I saw USUALLY in your post, cool. My first girl would scatter things and damaged a lot of items in the house. The highest priced item in the house damaged by my second daughter was our 3 months old LED TV, N50,000.

She needs to be watched always and try caution that destructive part
Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by pbethel: 10:29am On Apr 12, 2017
First son can eat. Eats almost round d clock. There has to b yommy yommy athome if not u go just de hear shout and cry. Can drink tea 7times in a day

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by adontcare(f): 10:33am On Apr 12, 2017
SirVintageCock:
You don say shocked demanding? For real?
yea. His mum was always around when I put to bed. She told us she pound yam for her husband and bath herself n baby whenever she put to bed. That nobody used to assist her. He did what she told him. angry angry to get pregnant no hungry me again sef

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by SirVintageCock: 10:41am On Apr 12, 2017
adontcare:
yea. His mum was always around when I put to bed. She told us she pound yam for her husband and bath herself n baby whenever she put to bed. That nobody used to assist her. He did what she told him. angry angry to get pregnant no hungry me again sef
Very sad. She is taking out her bad experiences on you. Very sadistic momma.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by adontcare(f): 10:46am On Apr 12, 2017
Maxvasia:
so two days after delivery with cuts n vijay and being d first time cannot make some one weak. U must be a quack doctor. For ur information am not lazy. U must be a very wicked person to say it was a stupid excuse. So when d head of d house did not want a helper in the house, I should kill him? I still cooked d food, though stressful and painful. Am a strong woman compared to what u imagined. My advice to u is dis when ur daughter marry, let her pound yam for her husband immediately she put to bed so she won't be giving stupid excuses. lipsrsealed

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by adontcare(f): 10:51am On Apr 12, 2017
SirVintageCock:
it made me stronger. I don't hate on her though
Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by ellamines(f): 11:39am On Apr 12, 2017
U want another strong lady to be cooking for her husband? What is making her weak 2 days after delivery? I am a Doc and i know thats an embarassingly stupid excuse! [/b]What happened to employing a helper as part of preparation for the "challenges ahead"? [b]The only problem here is the attitude of ladies of nowadays. Apparently the real women are long dead. Our grand mothers wer never like this.[/quote]

Doctor, are you a male or female? If you're female, have you had any baby? Do you know how it feels to bring forth a child? Have you had or seen an episiotomy? Even without an Episiotomy, doing any work 2 days after delivery is rather harsh. Haba! Did you see your grandmother 2 days after delivery? Or you're speaking based on gist you were given. And oh! There are still real women. I am one of them.

8 Likes

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by ellamines(f): 11:41am On Apr 12, 2017

Very Sad and sadistic indeed. I just weak.
Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by ellamines(f): 11:41am On Apr 12, 2017
ellamines:
U want another strong lady to be cooking for her husband? What is making her weak 2 days after delivery? I am a Doc and i know thats an embarassingly stupid excuse! [/b]What happened to employing a helper as part of preparation for the "challenges ahead"? [b]The only problem here is the attitude of ladies of nowadays. Apparently the real women are long dead. Our grand mothers wer never like this.

Doctor, are you a male or female? If you're female, have you had any baby? Do you know how it feels to bring forth a child? Have you had or seen an episiotomy? Even without an Episiotomy, doing any work 2 days after delivery is rather harsh. Haba! Did you see your grandmother 2 days after delivery? Or you're speaking based on gist you were given. And oh! There are still real women. I am one of them.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by ellamines(f): 11:42am On Apr 12, 2017
ellamines:

Very Sad and sadistic indeed. I just weak.
Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by pearlforlady(f): 11:44am On Apr 12, 2017
Joavid:
I'm not a parent.
learn dear
Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 12, 2017
Maxvasia:

Hmmm, I actually thought it was a teenager behind the moniker. Doctor, I'm sure if your type marries a white lady you will be making breakfast in bed for her even 6 months after childbirth. Anyways, it's your wife's headache to handle the situation the best way that she can but if I was the one in that lady's shoes, I will definitely cook tasteless meals for him to eat and in some cases he will definitely be eating enough pepper and salt in his meals.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 12, 2017
adontcare:

Is your mother not alive? Honestly, you should have formed sick and gone to stay with her. Next time for intense weakness, let him truly know how weak yu AR by crying constantly, he will be tired of you and allow you go.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by lonelydora: 12:12pm On Apr 12, 2017
drnoel:

Any parent that hasn't see what u mentioned has not started. But comment highlighted that one na die.
My 4 year old is a master of destruction. None of his toys last more than a week. I buy toys like crazy. Just recently got him and ambulance and Truck am sure they wont last long.
To add to ur comment. Can't walk out the front door without my son crying and screaming to come with me. Wifey is jealous but it can become tiring especially if am rushing out to work or meet an appointment.

Same with me. My boy wants to always follow me to wherever I'm going.
Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by lonelydora: 12:27pm On Apr 12, 2017
peculiar32:
lol

No bi true I talk, fine girl?
Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by SirVintageCock: 12:29pm On Apr 12, 2017
adontcare:
it made me stronger. I don't hate on her though
cool cool

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by Maxvasia(m): 12:31pm On Apr 12, 2017
Pidgin2:

Hmmm, I actually thought it was a teenager behind the moniker. Doctor, I'm sure if your type marries a white lady you will be making breakfast in bed for her even 6 months after childbirth. Anyways, it's your wife's headache to handle the situation the best way that she can but if I was the one in that lady's shoes, I will definitely cook tasteless meals for him to eat and in some cases he will definitely be eating enough pepper and salt in his meals.
Lol....yea but then a happier and less vindictive lady will assist u outside the home. Your loss in the long run
Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by Ginaz(f): 12:32pm On Apr 12, 2017
When I become a mother I will be harsh lol. I sabi nack pikin bombom wel wel. I hope I can tolerate though. LWKM. grin

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by pearlforlady(f): 12:32pm On Apr 12, 2017
SirVintageCock:
well advised

7 Likes

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 12, 2017
Maxvasia:
Lol....yea but then a happier and less vindictive lady will assist u outside the home. Your loss in the long run

Lol, very funny and a more considerate fellow will definitely shake the foundation of that marriage if and when she meets someone who treats her better.

Who does infidelity hurt most, the man or woman, I pity you. If you think you can treat your woman anyhow then threaten her with infidelity, then i suggest you check the DNA of all your kids because the devil tends to take advantage of women with emotional needs (unfortunately)

6 Likes

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by Maxvasia(m): 12:39pm On Apr 12, 2017
SirVintageCock:
Simply cos u lack the intelligence to understand my statements does not make me any less a Doctor so just dnt waste ur time venting ur anger. I would have told u a lot but u dnt seem worthy of any human effort. Ur username says a lot abt u. U may actually be a disgrace to ur family. But u see, its not my business either.
Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by Maxvasia(m): 12:40pm On Apr 12, 2017
Pidgin2:

Lol, very funny and a more considerate fellow will definitely shake the foundation of that marriage if and when she meets someone who treats her better.

Who does infidelity hurt most, the man or woman, I pity you. If you think you can treat your woman anyhow then threaten her with infidelity, then i suggest you check the DNA of all your kids because the devil tends to take advantage of women with emotional needs (unfortunately)
Lol. Are u a comedian?
Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by SIMPLYHAMPERS: 12:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
Seriously, different strokes for different folks......For me l"ll say its amazing.....
I had my mum & mum in love staying with me for close to 6 months....Even when my maternity was over.....i got extra hours as well just for me to have enough time to bond with ma Li Miss.Though it was a bit challenging when one is trying to get use to waking up in d middle of the night when Lil Miss. wants her food....Seriously i love that feeling of being a Mum....It Reminds a lot...at some points of it i had to call my Mum on so many occasions just to tell how Amazing she is for raising me n my other Siblings......GOD BLESS ALL MOTHERS. CHEERS!

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
Maxvasia:
Lol. Are u a comedian?

Kindly get lost.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House? / Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? / How To Handle Close Betrayal From Close Family Members [like A BOSS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.