Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,350 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos (48637 Views)

2-Year-Old Strangled To Death By Housemaid For Refusing To Wear Her Clothes / Lady Strangled To Death At Garrison Portharcourt, Lifeless Body Dumped (Graphic) / 18-year-old Girl Raped And Strangled To Death In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by pokipoki: 11:20pm On Apr 11, 2017
I think governments of cities where Uber operates and also other taxis should make it mandatory to install cameras and trackers on vehicles.
This is really sad!!

4 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by Revolva(m): 11:21pm On Apr 11, 2017
two fools imagine dem doing such
they don't even know how to hustle d deal bastard may de also rot in jail
Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 11, 2017
onyii255:

Uber does not own a car.. The cars are owned by private individuals who are uber partners...

Nd having logos on the vehicles wont make it less attractive to these robbers..
i knw uber doesnt own cars. the buyers would know its a stolen car if a logo is on it. nobody wants to buy a car he clearly knows is stolen.

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by LC14052016: 11:22pm On Apr 11, 2017
People are desperate, shows the current govt ha failed
Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by Nickymezor(f): 11:23pm On Apr 11, 2017
Which way Naija The heart men can be so dirty. undecidedThey jst wasted a poor man fr norin cry. May his soul rest in peace. They will definitely reap wat they hv sown.
Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by guttentag(m): 11:27pm On Apr 11, 2017
Is not strange, such cases do happen in SA whereby uber n taxify drivers get murder by the 8tas
Well it's so unfortunate that some lunatic have resulted to such act in Nigeria
Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by emekanairaland(m): 11:27pm On Apr 11, 2017
Google no go kill person ohh
Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by emekanairaland(m): 11:27pm On Apr 11, 2017
emekanairaland:
Google no go kill person ohh
Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by temmypotter(m): 11:29pm On Apr 11, 2017
Justuceleague2:

Hahahahahaha if that happens there'll be drugs all over the world grin
Lmao! Narcos fan spotted!
Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by MOSICATED5(m): 11:30pm On Apr 11, 2017
Keep bleaming Buhari for unemployment wen u guys kill the staff of d few companies that come to invest. Why not snatch d taxi and leave d poor man to go . that's how d other ones killed a delivery man and dumped him in a septic tank. I fear who no fear some Nigerians. That's how some of them commit unimaginable crimes abroad when they slaughter them we shout xenophobia.

4 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by emekanairaland(m): 11:33pm On Apr 11, 2017
Hmm

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 11, 2017
GloriaNinja:
I THOUGHT "UBER" HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THIS bleeped UP COUNTRY.
Italy I suppose
Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by Klington: 11:37pm On Apr 11, 2017
Sombori hustle legit 4 9ja he dies, if u don't hustle hunger go tear you into pieces n this government of idoncare no go epp ur situation in anyway...everybori now na vulture, looking 4 prey upandown. Nawooo cool cool

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by worldman(m): 11:41pm On Apr 11, 2017
Is things too bad in this country that one can not do any good business,jumia delivery man dey kill him now uber who knows who's next

2 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by lebete3000: 11:45pm On Apr 11, 2017
Stelvin101:
Na wa for this country o. So somebori cannot hustle in peace again? That was how one ediot was walking pass my car today and noticed me counting money inside my car. He gave me a long throat look and walked past then returned back all of a sudden and start tapping me glass that I should roll down my glass down emmm he has something to discuss with me. I just gave him a sign of I will kill you if u tap my glass again and he walked off.

How safe is Kenya as a country?
Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by naijaboiy: 11:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
Just imagine!

Why do some people hate progress? angry

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 12, 2017
The results of youths selling their votes for peanuts to politicians during every elections. When we are supposed to demand for jobs and our needs from these politicians we voted in to power/governments, instead, we are attacking each other all over Nigeria in the name of the political parties APC and PDP, while giving them long ropes to steal and loot the funds meant for our developments. They will show up again in elections period to give us guns and peanuts to deal with their political opponents and leave us to rots in hunger which led to crimes.
Why not take your struggles to deal with politicians in government and leaves investment alone

2 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by hedonistic: 12:04am On Apr 12, 2017
This kind of news depresses me. Too sad.

Uber is a life safer, just as the likes of Jumia and Konga are. Why do these few retarded bastards keep making things difficult for millions of normal people?

The PR damage of this isolated incident will be colossal. Why all this for goodness sake?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by deebrain(m): 12:05am On Apr 12, 2017
But this is plain wickedness.

And in any case, we should be careful throwing banters at churches.

"they dumped the corpse in front of a church "......

Assuming the press got this one, it would have read....

"DEAD BODY DISCOVERED IN CHURCH PREMISES"...

And then bingo.... The unfortunate especially on nairaland will start their anti church campaign in useless ignorance.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by Ade3000yrs(m): 12:08am On Apr 12, 2017
The deluding power of bottles. Drinking don't only make you deluded, it tends to brazen your courage for doing terrible things making you feel its normal. The habit of drinking has never created a clear thinking man but a man whose brain is full of delusions, without insult to any kind of tribe, why is there a rare kind of desperation among the Edo's, and a handful of South South with the rate and degree at which they perpetrate some heinous acts, harmed robbery, cult groups projecting a startling culture of honour, gun and clurbing duel and domestic violence, along with despicable cases of murder?? don't ask me please go and do your background check pls. I blv there is an education and culture deficiency somewhere. perhaps there's something someone is not teaching someone.

This is not peculiar to the South South alone but among people who subscribe to fetish ideologies of get rich fast. Who is to blame for all these criminal inclined perceptions Our School is to be blamed for all of that, for every criminal minded youths out there, our schools are to blame for failing in their objective to educate the youths aright and allow everyone access to good education. When u ignore to educating the destitute, and the salvaged ones out there you never can tell someday when their demons might possess the beast in them to take out on you or someone you love someday.
Its high time we had started taking education as a collective mandate and a serious business for all.

5 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by Lexusgs430: 12:13am On Apr 12, 2017
Jumia delivery driver 1st and uber driver next..... Who next?
All this jobless people need to be engaged (send them all to the farm)....

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by logica(m): 12:17am On Apr 12, 2017
It is as if some people think such crimes only happen in Nigeria. Check news reports in the US; cab drivers regularly get murdered in similar manner. So as pizza deliverymen. What the likes of Jumia and Uber drivers need to be taught is discernment. Once you see the person who you are supposed to be picking up or delivering a package to, you can usually tell whether or not it is a setup.

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 12:18am On Apr 12, 2017
Ade3000yrs:
d habit of drinking has never created a clear thinking man but a man whose brain is full of delusions, without insult to any kind of tribe, why is there a rare kind of desperation among the Edo's, and a handful of South South with the rate and degree at which they perpetrate some heinous acts, harmed robbery, cult groups projecting a startling culture of honour and domestic violence, and despicable cases of murder?? don't ask me please go and do your background check pls. I blv there is an education and culture deficiency somewhere. perhaps there's something someone is not teaching someone.
You are out of point.
You are blaming tribes accountable instead of politicians in deferent political parties accountable

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by buffalowings: 12:32am On Apr 12, 2017
why are these guys so daft

do they think they won't be caught?

oyinbo people made things to make life easier
somehow we opt to do bad things with it

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by davidif: 12:38am On Apr 12, 2017
Na wa o.
Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by pussyeater(m): 12:41am On Apr 12, 2017
princeofpeace22:
Ifeanyi uber shocked ?

What happened?
ODE grin

2 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by kabaka1: 12:46am On Apr 12, 2017
WriteBoy:
Tech startups are doomed in this country!

Don't blame it on tech startup. Shit like this happens in America 2
Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by pussyeater(m): 12:46am On Apr 12, 2017
BiafranPound:
The ZOO of Africa is a fuçked up place! angry
By behafraud undecided
Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by Ade3000yrs(m): 12:50am On Apr 12, 2017
Jolar101:

You are out of point.
You are blaming tribes accountable instead of politicians in deferent political parties accountable
I hv no business with any politician because you yourself is also one of the so called politician and could be by far worse, except you Dont play politics in your day to day dealings just to gan a head start

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by oforij(m): 12:54am On Apr 12, 2017
One of the reason why this country is still like this Cold blooded murder

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by tit(f): 1:01am On Apr 12, 2017
buhari nation
Re: Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 1:03am On Apr 12, 2017
until this guy's start leaving the country that's when you dammed f0ols will know the full meaning of unemployment... do you know how many youths Uber feeds their family??
Do you know how many jumia feeds? from their Affiliate to merchant to delivery guy's.. is it not because of this guys that most of our dead courier service are now ressurected... just continue being stupid there's a reward for that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yahoo Boy Arrested Attempting To Use His Girlfriend For Ritual Money (video) / Woman Sets Up Friend For Eight-Man Rape Gang In Adamawa / Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.