Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

***all In The Name Of Love*** - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ***all In The Name Of Love*** (27201 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / A Game Of Love And Obsession / Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 9:30am On May 17, 2017
Toyin223:
Gud Work
Thanks dear
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 9:30am On May 17, 2017
Toyin223:
Gud Work
Thanks dear
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 9:34am On May 17, 2017
AlamienDagash:
Anoda story? okay oo lemme adjust MAHSelf. thanks for the mention.
Welcome man
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 9:38am On May 17, 2017
stephenGee12:

So na we b bodyguard abi. U don see were bidy guard dey kill him oga.
*enters thread with my gold plated geebourghini grin grin *
Sees dat d thread has begunneth already.
Oya let's roll with d thread no worry my machine fit fly and swim so I go catch up

You have to move with tremendous acceleration so as to catch you on time.

Wishing you successful journey grin
stephenGee12:

Oya let's roll with d thread no worry my machine fit fly and swim so I go catch up

Wishing you successful journeygrin
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 9:41am On May 17, 2017
cool
***ALL IN THE NAME OF LOVE***
*****EPISODE TWENTY-SEVEN*****
Cynthia stopped a bike and negotiated with bike rider, then dropped in front of her residence after some minutes. She then walked briskly, directly to Tunde's mother apartment, and knocked on the door.

"Yes, who is it?"

A masculine voice that needed no authentication echoed out from inside.

"It's me, Cynthia."

"Oh, Aunty! I'm coming."

Tunde rushed to the door and unbarred it.

They both exchanged pleasantries with enthusiasm before Tunde ushered her in.

Tunde offered her a seat and proceeded to his mother's room to get her informed about the presence of Cynthia. He came out a minute later, then said, "she will join you in a couple of minutes" and then moved to the bar, took a non-alcoholic bottle of wine with a glass and dropped it on a stool, then put it in front of Cynthia.

"You shouldn't have bothered yourself since I'm not new here." Cynthia said silky.

Tunde smiled. He was about to say something when his mother surfaced.

"You're welcome Cynthia." Tunde's mother said, and have a seat too.

"Tunde, you will have to excuse us." She added.

"Aunty, I will love to see you later." Tunde said to Cynthia.

"Alright dear." Cynthia replied.

Tunde winked her and left for his room.

Tunde's mother started her words by thanking and appreciating Cynthia for the service she had rendered her and for granting her call despite the grudges. And then pleaded to Cynthia to save her soul from emotional turmoil she was going through.

"Cynthia, I'm scared! My mind is not at rest. And with the look of things, if the legs of the corpse we buried finally expose, only God knows what's going to happen. And before that, I think we have to take preventive measures." Tunde's mother said.

Cynthia knew her plight. She knew what she meant, but she wouldn't stop pretending. She wanted her to hit the nail on the head before addressing the issue.

"Ma, sincerely, I couldn't get you right. Could you just unfold what exactly you want me to do or offer you?" She said with innocent face.

Tunde's mother wasn't comfortable with how Cynthia was addressing the issue. She knew Cynthia understood her plight but only trying to play upon her intelligence. And this made her mind went extra miles, thinking on how to get rid of her as suggested by Shade's mother, probably when she accepts and finishes the assignment she is intending to give her.

If one wanna catch a monkey, he or she has to act like monkey. Tunde's mother swallowed her pride and pretended as if everything is okay. Prostrating for dwarf in order to collect something from him or her doesn't make you a dwarf, the moment you get whatever you needed and stand up, you will be taller than him or her again. And this was exactly what Tunde's mother did. She moved closer to Cynthia and went down on her knees to plead, though Cynthia rejected the action.

"No, no, no, ma! You can't knee down for me ma. Who am I to accept that? Ma, it seems you're getting me wrong. I'm just here, but I don't know why I'm here. I'm for you. And I will always ready to bail you out if what you want me to do is within my capabilities. Please, just tell me the exact thing you want to engage me on." Cynthia said, pulling Tunde's mother up.

"You were trying to suggest to me the other time on what to put in place so as to keep the secret, but you later deviated from it and left the matter unaddressed. I would love if we could finalize the issue now and take necessary action immediately." Tunde's mother couldn't help herself than to speak out her mind.

Cynthia took a deep breath. She then bowed her head and took some minutes silence.

"Ma, I don't know how you're going to feel about what I wanna suggest which I believe it could only be the way out." Cynthia finally spoke.

"So far it's going to be the way out, then I'm ready." Tunde's mother responded with tremble in her voice.

Cynthia heaved heavily, with her head still bowed. After some minutes, she raised her head with her eyes widely opened, making contact with that of Tunde's mother.

"We will have to eliminate Baba Awo and his son, and probably Shade, your friend's daughter if possible." Cynthia dropped the bombshell. Then watching Tunde's mother keenly to read her reaction on the suggestion.

"Haaaa!"

Tunde's mother shouted unconsciously and quickly covered her mouth herself with her own hands. She was shocked. Fear gripped her. Her heart beat raised and beats very fast that one can easily hear the resonance of the vibration.

"Shade's mother suggested to eliminate Cynthia and Shade while Cynthia suggested Baba Awo and his son, coupled with Shade. Both suggested Shade, though Shade's mother didn't know that her daughter is the girl in question. God! What should I do? Yes, Cynthia suggestion is right. Even that of Shade's mother. But won't I be an ingrate?" Tunde's mother asked rhetorically. She was confused and in dilemma.

"Cynthia, please, I have to think and digest this. I will get back to you later in the day. I'm very sorry for disturbing you." She concluded and then stood up, leaving Cynthia on seat to her room.

Cynthia could reason along with her. She knew the task would be very difficult for her to decide on, but that was the best she could suggest. She relaxed herself and then vamoosed after some minutes.

TO BE CONTINUED.

Will Tunde's mother aggree to eliminate Shade?

5 Likes

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by Nnnena(f): 10:03am On May 17, 2017
this story is the motherfucking bomb. mehn ajodem you are good. Cynthia, shade's mother and tunde mother should take it easy before they meet their waterloo

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by stephenGee12(m): 10:33am On May 17, 2017
ajodem:

Wishing you successful journey grin

Wishing you successful journeygrin

U underestimate the power of my custom made gold plated geebourghini 2050. Which can move faster than the speed of light and slower than the speed of snail grin grin

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by Hadampson(m): 6:20pm On May 17, 2017
stephenGee12:

What are you if nur my personal bodyguardshocked

smiley

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by hormobolanle: 7:28pm On May 17, 2017
stephenGee12:

grin
Biko No kill am. just help me deal with like break two of hin front teeth n 1 down

e still wulo small even if no b everytime e dy mention me

oya shift....
I won read

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by hormobolanle: 9:43pm On May 17, 2017
phew! an here at last
oya Oooo
NEXT! LOVING DIS STORY IT IS GETTING COMPLICATED BUT MAKA STILL DY OBSERVE.......

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 10:28am On May 18, 2017
Nnnena:
this story is the motherfucking bomb. mehn ajodem you are good. Cynthia, shade's mother and tunde mother should take it easy before they meet their waterloo

Hmmm, my head is swelling ooo.... Thanks anyway@ Nnnena
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 10:32am On May 18, 2017
stephenGee12:

U underestimate the power of my custom made gold plated geebourghini 2050. Which can move faster than the speed of light and slower than the speed of snail grin grin

Lolzzz grin ... You should be here by now if truly you can move with speed of light or may be you're using that of snailgrin
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 10:35am On May 18, 2017
Hadampson:
What are you if nur my personal bodyguardshocked

smiley

shocked
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 10:36am On May 18, 2017
hormobolanle:
grin
Biko No kill am. just help me deal with like break two of hin front teeth n 1 down

e still wulo small even if no b everytime e dy mention me

oya shift....
I won read

welcome on board
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 10:39am On May 18, 2017
hormobolanle:
phew! an here at last
oya Oooo
NEXT! LOVING DIS STORY IT IS GETTING COMPLICATED BUT MAKA STILL DY OBSERVE.......

Even me myself, na observe me too dey observe. Make we dey observe am togethergrin
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 10:39am On May 18, 2017
*****EPISODE TWENTY EIGHT*****
Tunde's mother sat at the edge of her bed with her head bowed. Different thought eluded her mind.

"Which one should I go for? To eliminate Baba Awo is not an issue. After all, I don't have any business with him anymore. But Shade, no, no, I can't do that." She soliloquized, then she stood up and started wandering within the room and continue soliloquizing,

"Hummm, King saddles one with questionable responsibility while Oba river is full and overflowing. King's assignment couldn't be rejected and Oba river could not be stormed into. God, what should I do?"

When she could not reason straight, she went back to her bed and sat down again. Then she reached the wardrobe placed beside the bed, flung it open and took a pill. Thereafter, she picked up her phone and called on Tunde to get her a cup of warm water which he did within a tick.

"Is there anything wrong mum?" Tunde asked worriedly as he handed the cup of the water to her.

"I'm okay dear. Only that I just have to rest a bit." She replied with smile on her face, giving him impression that she was out of worry.

"Better ma. Be good and take care of yourself ma."

"I will. Thanks dear."

Tunde turned around, headed to the exit door, then halted when he heard his name again.

"Tunde, in case anyone asks of me, tell him or her I'm not around, please. I don't want any distraction." She sounded a note of warning.

"Noted ma." Tunde replied and left.

Tunde's mother put her phones on silence, took the pill and laid herself gently on the bed.

Tunde headed directly to Cynthia's apartment. And fortunately for him, he met her ahome.

Tunde was warmly welcome with a sumptuous smile on Cynthia's face.

"Ola, you are welcome." Cynthia said, and asked him to have his seat.

Tunde couldn't believe his ears. The name sounded special to his hearing.

"Wao! Aunty, where did you hear that name? Only special ones call me that name." Tunde said with smile, radiating on his face.

"I intentionally called you that special name just because I'm very glad to see you alive, strong and healthy." Cynthia replied, still beaming a lovely smile.

"Hmmmm! Glory be to God for the gift of life. And I also thank and appreciate you from the bottom of my heart for the assistance you rendered so as to make me live. I sincerely appreciate it so much. May God bless you."

"Ameen." Cynthia replied.

"Aunty, I'm in trouble!" Tunde said frankly.

"Trouble? What's the problem?" Cynthia asked curiously.

"I just pray I don't die very soon as my mother is preventing..."

"A moment please!" Cynthia cut in. She quickly left Tunde on seat and came back within a tick.

"Tunde, please hit the nail on head and stop perambulating. The way you're talking is scary." Cynthia said as she came back to her seat.

"Aunty, I'm very sure you're aware of the relationship between Shade and I. You know I much we love each other. You know the sacrifice Shade made all in the name of love, to make me live, so as to bring our dream to reality. And at the same time, you know what's going to happen to whoever deflowers her..." He paused, closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Then he continued,

"Aunty, I can't let go of Shade. Not only because of the sacrifice she made, but also because she had entered into covenant with me not to lose her virginity to no one except me. And I vowed in return that I will marry no one else, except her."

"You did what? Enter into covenant with a girl all in the name of love? Why? Tunde why? Why would you go up to that extent? I'm really disappointed in you! How would you stoop so low and let someone lured you into a horrible thing like that? You are intelligent than to fall into this kind of pit!
Sincerely, I am sort of words. This issue is beyond my reasoning. And I don't know how I could address it." Cynthia expressed her displeasure with great sense of concern, even Tunde's conclusion.

"I know I have made a mistake. The problem is when flame of love is burning, lovers are bounded to make flimsy promise unconsciously which could later backfire. In fact, you're the first person to hear about this. I needed to tell someone because my heart was heavy, and I couldn't keep it to myself any longer. I think my heart is a bit free now. I believe problem shared is half solved. Though, you may not profer solution to it, but I'm glad I told you. In case what my mother has been trying to prevent happen, you know what to tell her."

"What do you mean by that? Are you trying to say you're going to commit suicide?" Cynthia asked confusingly.

"Saving my life is predicament. And my living will be melancholic. I think the best thing is to die." Tunde said pessimistically.

"Would you stop reasoning irrationally!" Cynthia barked at him unconsciously. Then, she moved closer to him, placed her hands on his shoulders and then looked into his eyes.

"Tunde, look into my eyes and listen to me."

Tunde raised his head gently, with soggy eyes.

"If truly you love Shade, then commiting suicide will not be in your dictionary. Killing yourself will only complicate the issue; you will be punished by God and Shade will also suffer in your absence. So, Tunde, necessity is mother of invention; without problem, nothing is called solution.
There will be a way out. I'm promising you now. Just give me some days to sort things out. Uhn?"

Tunde nodded his head in agreement.

"But wait, why did you think I'm in the best position to hear about this? Cynthia asked confusingly.

Tunde smiled.

"It's just because I believe in you. And also, my mother respect you. My mother should have been the one to hear this first, but I'm scared to tell her myself. Now that you've heard, I'm very sure she would respect you whichever way you table the issue to her." Tunde replied.

Cynthia was convinced with Tunde's explanation.

"Justice will be done dear."

"Alright ma. Thanks so much." Tunde said.

"You're welcome." She replied.

Tunde was ushered out by Cynthia.
TO BE CONTINUED.

Unedited

3 Likes

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by MhizDherbee(f): 3:54pm On May 18, 2017
Lobatan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by hormobolanle: 5:25pm On May 18, 2017
ajodem:

Even me myself, na observe me too dey observe. Make we dey observe am togethergrin
Lol Abi na. dat kin tin
but no let Skillful01 catch u o
I go just deny u like peter

ask Hadampson
e go tell u say e Don get double eye once bcoz of me grin

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by bummybummy(f): 5:42pm On May 18, 2017
dis z a serious issue, wat z going to happen?

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 10:59pm On May 19, 2017
To whom much is given, much is expected. And those we love we remember. Those we remember we wish happy birthday.

I never knew I'm rich, not with money but with loving and caring people. You guys really made my day an awesome one.

I sincerely appreciate your wishes through WhatsApp, calls, text messages, Facebook and so on. No amount of appreciation could amount to the love you have shown me today. All I could say is thank you. You're blessed.

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 11:01pm On May 19, 2017
hormobolanle:
Lol Abi na. dat kin tin but no let Skillful01 catch u o I go just deny u like peter
ask Hadampson e go tell u say e Don get double eye once bcoz of me grin
Lolzzz
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 11:04pm On May 19, 2017
Story continues tomorrow by the grace of God
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by bummybummy(f): 6:38am On May 20, 2017
Happy belated birthday, age gracefully
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 12:57pm On May 20, 2017
bummybummy:
Happy belated birthday, age gracefully

Thanks dear
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 12:58pm On May 20, 2017
Cooking on pointgrin
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 2:38pm On May 20, 2017
***ALL IN THE NAME OF LOVE***
*******EPISODE TWENTY-NINE******

Tunde's mother called Cynthia on phone to show up in the first instance but later called her again not to show, claiming she would join her instead. And she did.

Cynthia welcomed and offered her a seat.

"But ma, why did you decide to come over here? You should have allowed me to come." Cynthia said.

"Yes dear. You know I had called you to come initially, but I just decided to change my plan because of Tunde. And at the same time I have to be here and tell you my conclusion since walls have ears." Tunde's mother replied.

"Alright ma. You're right. So, what's your conclusion ma?" Cynthia asked, looking at her keenly.

"Just the way you suggested." Tunde's mother said confidently.

Cynthia was not astonished with what she heard. She knows how desperate Tunde's mother is in keeping the secret and that's what she has been using against her.

"Kudos to you for summoning courage and decided to follow the suggestion. But ma, hope you're aware that the action will be performed by someone, not me?"

"Whether by you or someone else, I care not. All I want is to get the job done without any lapses." Tunde's mother replied.

Cynthia bowed her head and took a deep breath. She kept silence for a moment, thinking about the amount to charge her. She took another deep breath.

Cynthia action got Tunde's mother lost. She wondered why it took her so long to respond.

"Cynthia, any problem?" She asked confusingly.

"Nothing ma. I'm just considering the amount the person that is going to get the work done will collect."

"So far there won't be any leakage, then tell him to get the work started. I still have his account number here on my phone. Call him to know how much he is collecting, then part will be paid into his account right now and balance will be paid after the completion of the job." Tunde's responded.

"I want you guys to get everything done today, most especially, the issue of Baba and his boy. Mama Shade will soon be disturbing me to pay them visit. So, please, be fast with the work." She added.

Cynthia was overwhelmed with joy for the comments she heard. She nearly shouted 'eureka', but hide her feeling.

"You what, this task is quite different from the one we did last. This very one is more sensitive just because it involves lives.
I know Uche. And I work with him. I would not want you send the money into his account; I will give my account to send the money into, then I will know how to balance him.
If there is any error, my name will be mentioned, so just hand over everything to me. I promise you the success of the task." Cynthia rendered her words.

The past success recorded by Cynthia didn't give Tunde's mother any room to doubt the strength of Cynthia. She accepted all she said hook, line and sinker and collected her account details. She also promised her some insensitive if the assignment is successful.

Cynthia promised to feed her back on the amount, and likewise the situation report as the work begins.

Tunde's mother thanks her and left for her apartment.

"This is great! Good! Good!! Good!!! Nice work Cynthia. You have done a great job there." Cynthia praised herself.

Thereafter, she strategized on the amount to charge her and also planned to leave the one million with Uche. She then called on Uche, promising to join him in a couple of minutes.

She tabled the case; the number of lives they have to take with the order of preference; Baba Awo, his son and Shade, which must be done as soon as possible, perhaps, that very day.

Uche was shocked to hear Shade. He was confused.

"Which Shade?" He curiously asked with horror face, coupled with horrible voice.

"Same Shade we brought home the other time."

"Are you mad? Why would she be murder? Cynthia, don't carry me play, please. Yes, I love money, but sending this innocent Shade to early grave will not work." Uche reacted furiously.

"Uche, you know what? Just leave Shade's issue aside. That one is a later case. Let's go into the real business."

"Better. When are we going?" Uche asked.

"Let's go there this evening."

"What's our agreement? The whole money will be mine. Agreed?"

Cynthia smiled again.

"Don't worry, it will be yours, but you will have to give me commission." Cynthia replied with smile.

"You're now talking. Forget, they are already dead. Count the job done."

"I trust you dear."

******EVENING, AROUND 5PM******

Uche had prepared for the war. He is not an amateur in sending people to their early grave.

Both Uche and Cynthia entered Uche's sport car and Uche drove off to their destination. He parked at roadside and then trekked in, with Cynthia at the front.

It was Baba's boy they met outside and Cynthia told him to get Baba informed about their arrival. And which he did. He came out after a minute and told them that they will have to come back the following day, claiming Baba is sleeping and could not attend to anyone.

Cynthia signaled Uche to swing into action. And within a blink of an eye, Uche ran to the boy and grabbed his neck. And before the could realized anything, he had gave up the ghost.

Cynthia said thumbs up to him and they both stumbled into the rooms, looking for Baba.

TO BE CONTINUED

Unedited

5 Likes

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by Ridwan1821: 9:34pm On May 20, 2017
Great story you've got @Ajodem. I started reading it today and I found it impossible to stop reading till I got here. Keep it up Sir, More ink to ur pen.

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by Eniqurl(f): 9:52am On May 21, 2017
Baba dn disappear oh

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 6:31pm On May 21, 2017
Ridwan1821:
Great story you've got @Ajodem. I started reading it today and I found it impossible to stop reading till I go here. Keep it up Sir, More ink to ur pen.

Really? Thanks so much for checking in. I really appreciate the commendation.
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 6:32pm On May 21, 2017
Eniqurl:
Baba dn disappear oh
Hmmm... How did you know?
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 6:33pm On May 21, 2017
The story continues tomorrow by the grace of God
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by hormobolanle: 8:08am On May 22, 2017
;Di just dy open teeth for here since c dem mumu won kill ALMIGHTY BABA ALAWO, Issokay.......... but it seems instead of dem killing baba, na baba go kill Dem. last last
but make I still dy observe o
bros #Weldon_sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Naked Truth (18+) / Wole Soyinka: Things You Didn’t Know About Him / WEB...Travails of a detective.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.