Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

***all In The Name Of Love*** - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ***all In The Name Of Love*** (27208 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / A Game Of Love And Obsession / Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 12:20pm On Jul 28, 2017
I was busy composing the next session of my story, all in the name of love

***ALL IN THE NAME OF LOVE***
***********SEASON TWO**********
********EPISODE ONE******
It was like a dream. Neither Tunde nor Shade's mother could believe Tunde's mother has gone to the land of no return, until her body was covered with white cloth, and they were drove out of the room.

Tunde bursted into tears and cried his ass out without​anyone cautioning him. Shade's mother who should be a consoler was not left out in the league too. They both cried as if their lives depend on it.

The family members of the deseased were contacted and arrangements were made on the burial. After the burial ceremony, the families, both from Tunde's father and mother also met so as to agree on how Tunde was going​to be living. They were both interested in accommodating him, but Tunde decided not to stay with any of the families so as to be unbiased. And at the end, they agreed with him to stay in his father's house and they will be paying him visit as at when due, after all, he was no longer a kid.

*★TWO WEEKS AFTER BURIAL★*

★★★★★★ AT NIGHT★★★★★★

Shade's mother couldn't find life easy again; she missed her friend; the ceremonies they did attend together, the gist, shopping and other stuff. And this made life tough and boring for her. She has missed her one and only friend, whom to her a loyal friend she could sacrifice her life for. Her companion she loved unconditionally. She couldn't explain the major reason why she loved her, or perhaps, because they have a common attribute, at least, they are both devil in human skin. The natural likeness wouldn't let Shade's mother give up easily. She believed her friend death was not natural and therefore, she needed to know the source of her death. And she was ready to avenge the murder of her friend if found murdered.

In the quest for her desire to know what was responsible for her friend's death, to sleep became problem for her. She just locked herself up in her room, brainstorming. She could remember that there was relationship between Cynthia and the deseased: The business they did together and how Cynthia greeted them the day she visited the deseased. She related everything together and that brought about some questions which needed urgent answers.

"Could Cynthia be the Mastermind behind Mama Tunde's death? If she was not, then where was she when Tunde needed her help? Where was she after mama Tunde's death? Where was she during and after burial? Where is she now? Where?" She asked herself repeatedly.

I think she killed her when she had collected enough money from her so as to cover herself up. Or could it be because Mama Tunde didn't want to pay? That can't be possible! But Cynthia, why? Why? Igbo people are wicked. And I told Mama Tunde to beware of that winch girl o..." Shade's mother lamented bitter and bursted into tears.

"I don't want to know what it will take, I will fight this to the last drop of my life: to avenge the murder of Mama Tunde..." She added before she later forced herself to sleep around 'quarter past three'.

*************************************************************************************

***TWO WEEKS AFTER BURIAL***

************AT NIGHT*************

Tunde sat on his bed with his legs
loosely crossed and both feet resting below the opposite thigh, coupled with a pillow engulfed in his arms, meditating. He didn't feel the absence of his mother initially because people did come to keep his company since the demise of his mother, but two days have gone and he saw no one again. And that was when he came to realize that human beings are not reliable; they promise and fail.

He was missing his mother. Nothing could be compared with the love of a mother to her children. Though, he disliked his mother for some certain characters, but nevertheless, her position in his heart is unreplaceable. He thought about her last statement when she was at the verge of death:

"Tunde, my son, it's quite unfortunate that you didn't grow up to know your father. I promise not to leave you too.
My friend, Mama Shade is your mother just like me. Listen to her. And above all, don't forget my warning. My love for you is what is sending me to my earlier grave now. Please and please, stick to all what I have told you"

The words kept on ringing in his memory. He knew the sacrifice made by her mother and therefore ready to stick to her words. But at the same time, when he thought about Shade's issue, his mind skipped. And that was when he remembered Cynthia...

"Where has this Aunty gone too?" He asked rhetorically, and picked up his phone to put call through her, but the line was not reachable. I tried several times, but all to no avail. Then, he decided to go to her apartment probably he could find her...

Until I stormed into this obnoxious act

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 10:37am On Oct 29, 2017
*****OPPORTUNITY*****
When she walks in
You mustn't let her go
Rather, explore her,
For you have no idea
of how long she would stay.

She is a stranger,
And visits whoever she wishes.
She walks in,
then operates with the speed of a rocket.

She flies around like hawks
She seldomly perches...
Perches at different places,
As her spirit leads.

She comes
Visiting everyone
Perhaps, once in a lifetime.

Written: Demola Adebiyi

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by sirvictor21(m): 7:25pm On Nov 13, 2017
Cmon Mr author,has d story ended?
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by skubido(m): 5:08pm On Nov 15, 2017
I taya o. Persin like i don dey 4get cuz i get anoda story way been dey read
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 7:04am On Nov 19, 2017
sirvictor21:
Cmon Mr author,has d story ended?

Only suspended for now...

Bear with me
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 7:15am On Nov 19, 2017
skubido:
I taya o. Persin like i don dey 4get cuz i get anoda story way been dey read

Abeg, no vex... just bear with me
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by Hawlahscho(m): 8:17am On Nov 19, 2017
Honestly I cant remember d story line again grin
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by skubido(m): 10:35am On Nov 21, 2017
ajodem:

Abeg, no vex... just bear with me
Copied. Bt as e dey b, whc day u wan update nao make we knw..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Naked Truth (18+) / Wole Soyinka: Things You Didn’t Know About Him / WEB...Travails of a detective.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.