Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

***all In The Name Of Love*** - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ***all In The Name Of Love*** (27193 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / A Game Of Love And Obsession / Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by sirblero(m): 11:33pm On Apr 14, 2017
hmmmm this one na serious dilemma oooo
I don't even know what to do sef ..
#qwan_tea_new bro.. you try ghon

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 2:00pm On Apr 15, 2017
People don't wanna contribute undecided

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 2:01pm On Apr 15, 2017
***ALL IN THE NAME OF LOVE***
********EPISODE FOURTEEN********
It was a big blow on Tunde's mother face when she heard the new remark made by Baba. She was totally lost on what next line of action to dabble into. She stood with her arms akimbo, sweating profusely like someone pursued by a masquerade, soliloquizing.

"This life sha! This is terrible! What should I do now? Ruin the life of the daughter of my very closed friend to save my son's life or free her and let my son pass away?" What a dilemma!"

Cynthia looked at her pitifully. She felt like crying for her, but cry couldn't profer solution to the problem. Then, she decided to act like an heroine by hardening Tunde's mother heart. She move closer to her, threw her left arm on her shoulder like daughter to mother and render her words.

"Ma, I'm very small to address you on the issue. But I would love it if you could just buy my stupid idea.

Would you like to loss your one and only son, whom you indirectly traded your husband for? What will now be your gain? Beside that, though, your friend was the one who help you, but we can as well say she was the architect of your problem. And that's her own sacrifice to pay as true friend too. In addition, the girl has nothing to pay, only that whoever takes her virginity will deadly pay for it. So, cheer up Ma, and let the work get started."

Tunde's mother was wholely convinced with Cynthia analysis, but how will they convince Shade to carry the proposed sacrifice?

"I got what you said. And I'm ready to act on it. But, how are we going to convince Shade to get the work done and at the end of the day, her mother will not know about it?"

Cynthia smiled.

"Since you're ready, then just leave the rest for me." She said and stood up.

"Just give me some minutes to talk to her." She added, and left for the room where Shade was.

Cynthia sat beside Shade, who was already weeping inward. She wrapped her arm round Shade's neck...

"Hope you have confirmed what I told you when we were on our way here?"

Shade nodded her head in affirmation, trying to fight back the tears which finally rolled down her cheeks.

"Good! But you don't need to cry over this issue. I know how one feels when ones love is in a critical condition like this. All we need do now is to find a way out on how to get him healed."

"Shade." Cynthia called, "please, turn and look at my face." She added.

Shade turned around as requested, looking at her face.

She cleaned up Shade's tears.

"Have I ever lied to you before?" She asked, looking keenly into Shade's eyes.

"No, ma."

"Good! I heard your love is going to die today if some measures are not urgently put in place. Do you want him to die?"

"Haaaaaa!" Shade shouted and held Cynthia firmly, crying.

"Please, aunty. I don't want him to dieeeeeee."

"Calm down. Just relax. There is a way out, and you are the only solution to make him live."

"In what way ma? I'm ready to do anything just to make him live in as much it's not going to ask for my life."

"Good to hear this from you. I could now feel how much you love him. Listen, this will not call for your life. You will just carry a prepared sacrifice and drop it at a T-junction. That's all. In fact, I would have done that for him, but Baba Awo said his wife must be the one to carry out the operation."

"Are you sure no repercussion is attached?"

"Don't make me get annoy ooo. I'm only doing you this favour just because I'm feeling your pain. Is he my boyfriend? If I could reveal what your mum has been hiding from to you, then I don't see any reason why you should be doubting my words." Cynthia said threateningly.

"I'm very sorry ma. I'm ready for it ma."

"That's good for you. Let me just tell Baba to get it prepared."

Cynthia stood up and left for where Tunde's mother was to tell her the great development.

Tunde's was a bit relieved. She moved alongside with Cynthia to encourage and harden Shade's heart on the forthcoming assignment she was about to take.

Tunde's mother was about to start her words, when her phone started ringing. It was no other person than her friend, Shade's mother. Her conscience couldn't let her pick up the call in the first instance, but managed to pick it when it rung for the second time.

Tunde's mother couldn't believe what she heard from her friend.

"You mean, I should tell Baba that you're coming here very soon on the issue of the missing Shade?" She asked bafflingly.

TO BE CONTINUED
Unedited

3 Likes

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 9:12pm On Apr 15, 2017
*********EPISODE FIFTEEN**********
"Yes. Dele called me some minutes ago, telling me his father is coming home to check on us. I know he decided not to get me informed so as to catch me unaware. Shade needs to be back before his arrival, please." Shade's mother replied out of fear, stammeringly.

Tunde's mother heart beat heavily. Sweat formed on her forehead immediately. The unexpected notice almost drove her mad, but she refused to meet her waterloo. She packaged and composed herself.

"That's a very big problem. Have you been to police station to report?"

"No! I wouldn't have bothered myself that much if not for her father that is coming home. In fact, I don't know what next line of action to take now."

"Just calm down first. Even if her father is coming down there today, at least, it will take him nothing less than five hours. So, you still have time to sort yourself out.Have you asked any of her friends?"

"Tina is the only friend I know with her. And I've been to her house through the address sent to me by Dele, but she was not ahome. And her number is not going through here."

"You just have to take this issue easy. Shade is not a baby anymore. She might go out with that Tina. So, just be more patient. Not every issue you will be bringing to Baba. Okay? Try to get in touch with Tina first or better still, go to police station."

"No problem then. If I couldn't reach Tina in the next an hour, then I will go and report as suggested."

"Better. Please, don't give yourself hypertension ooo."

"Alright, Thanks."

Shade's mother hung up the call. She was seriously puzzled to the extent that she couldn't remember to ask about the progress made so far as far as Tunde's issue is concerned.

Tunde's mother heart beat reduced. She placed her right hand on her chest and heaved heavily. She was relieved.

"Ma, was that not my mother?" Shade asked with a puzzle look.

"It was. She has been looking for you." She replied, feeling embarrassed.

"I know I'm already in trouble. I'm already dead. My mum must not here about this. Where will I say I went to? I'm in trouble ooo." Shade broke into tears.

"Don't worry, you're covered. We will arrange and discuss with your mum and things will be sorted out. So, panic no more." Cynthia said.

Shade raised her head up, gazed at Cynthia's face, then looked at Tunde's mother for assurance, and which she nodded her head in affirmation. And she believed without any atom of doubt.

Tunde's mother went to Baba and informed him about their readiness. And without any much ado, the sacrifice was prepared.

It was exactly three O' clock. The weather was extremely hot with the sun showing its strength by radiating powerful and scotching rays.

Shade was wrapped with a white wrapper, folded above her chest, carrying a sacrifice prepared in black pot. And she was followed by Baba Awo who was incantating behind her.

Baba Awo has warned Shade not to look at the back the moment she drops the sacrifice, no matter how scarring or intimidating of whatever sound or noise she heard.

Shade dropped the sacrifice at the T-junction and turned around while Baba also turned around. They have not taken more than three steps when three very large vultures came from nowhere and landed to where the sacrifice was put, and started making a scarring sound.

"How far about the issue of Shade's mother, hope she is not coming here again? Because I heard you spoken with her the other time." Cynthia asked.

"I pray she doesn't make the move ooo. I've tried to convince her, but another problem on ground now is your plan to cover up for the poor girl. How do you intend to go about it?"

"That's not the problem for now. Let's settle the issue of Shade's mother. Let's be sure she is not on her way right now by putting a call to her. And if she is, just tell her you've tendered her case to Baba and he said 'she mustn't show up for now because of the ongoing rite. And she shouldn't bother herself, that Shade is coming home herself."

Tunde's mother was a bit shocked with the suggestion.

"Hope this is not going to backfire?"
"That's the only way to keep this secret, otherwise she will come and everything will blow up. Did you even know if she is already on her way? Call her to know her whereabouts first." Cynthia suggested.

"Alright."

Tunde's mother dialed her friend's number without hesitation which she picked once... And it was like a dream to her when Shade's mother said she was already on her way to see Baba Awo.

TO BE CONTINUED
Unedited

3 Likes

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 9:15pm On Apr 15, 2017
If you haven't read my story, "Dirty Game" you are seriously missing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by supernet4(f): 8:22am On Apr 16, 2017
ajodem:

Lolzzz... It's better you guys come out kiakia before I invade that place
Don't worry am always here but not d talking type
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 3:59pm On Apr 16, 2017
*********EPISODE SIXTEEN*********
She was shocked. Her heart beat heavily. She looked at Cynthia's face confusingly.

"Haaaa! How are we going to go about it now?" Tunde's mother asked, thinking of what to say next.

"Go about what? I can't understand you, please." Shade's mother asked confusingly.

"We have been trying to reach you but the network was not in our favour. I had tabled the case to Baba, and he said you shouldn't show up at this very moment because of the ongoing rite. And he added that Shade is coming home soon, that nothing has happen to her. But when you said you're already on the way now, I don't know what next."

"You mean it?"

"Yes now."

"But Baba said the rite will be done in the evening initially."

"Yes. But he later changed his mind own to a reason best known to him."

"Is Baba still with you over there?"

"No. He has gone for the rite with Jennifer."

"Jennifer? Who is Jennifer?"

"The lady brought by Cynthia for the job."

"That's very good. We will talk better on that later sha. I will have to turn back home. I sha pray she is back before her father comes around."

"Amin ooo. I will let you know when Baba is back and feed you on the latest development."

"Alright."

Tunde's mother hung up the call. She took a very deep breath. Then looked at Cynthia with wonder... "Who is this lady?" She asked herself.

"Are you surprised with what happened?"

"I must confess, I do. Just like you guessed. Only God knows what will happen if she comes here and gets what is happening."

Cynthia smiled.

"I will tell you what we gonna do to keep the secret totally. And you will only be told when Tunde must have healed."

"Alright, dear. Thanks so much. You're just like an angel sent to save me."

Cynthia beamed a smile again.

Shade was scared. Her head buffed up, and she was overwhelmed by cold. She summoned courage and increased her pace, and move very fast to join Baba who was incantating vigorously with a raised voice.

Shade overtook Baba without looking at the back. Then, reduced her pace, walking neither fast nor slow till they finally reached their destination.

It was unbelievable to Cynthia and Tunde's mother when Tunde coughed out. He raised his back from the mat and sat while sweating profusely; he resurrected. It looked strange to Tunde. He looked around surprisingly, couldn't read any meaning to what was happening at that very moment.

It was just like a magic. They were both excited. They moved closer to him, and his mother hug him tightly while Cynthia was looking at them with joy.

They were on the drama when Shade entered. She rushed to them with joy and doubled the hug. It was a celebration galore as they were all rejoicing, before Baba later entered.

Mashed black soap was given to Tunde to bath and Baba told them that the storm is over. And they are good to go.

Tunde's mother thanked both Cynthia and Shade very well. Then, she asked Cynthia out on how to go about the issue of Shade.

"Just a minute please." Cynthia said and dialed a number on her phone and the call was picked up immediately....

"Hello Uche. How far?"

"I'm cool. And you?"

"I'm okay too. I get one parole wey I wan carry give you. Hope you dey around?"

"Sure nah. Even if a no dey around, since na parole, a go force myself dey around."

"Baaaaad guy."

"Abi nah. A no dey take money play with anybody nah. You sabi nah. Hope this parole go weigh sha?"

"Sure nah. Just trust me."

"No wahala. I trust you. So, wetin be the parole?"

"Just chill. A go call you back in the next one or two minutes." Cynthia said and hung up the call.

TO BE CONTINUED.
Unedited

3 Likes

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by sirblero(m): 3:48am On Apr 17, 2017
hmmmm
am just as confused as ice block here.
what exactly is Cynthia planning sef. this world shaa...fear WE humans
nice work sir.. #keep it coming

3 Likes

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 10:57am On Apr 17, 2017
*******EPISODE SEVENTEEN*******
Shade and Tunde's mother stared at Cynthia with fear. They were scared with the way she spoke while making the call. She looks so desperate and poisonous.

Cynthia reciprocate the look with smile.

"Are you scared?"

Both Shade and Tunde's mother shook their heads at a time, to say "No."

Tunde was there looking at the drama. He was lost and wanted to ask what was happening, but he found it difficult.

"Don't be. I'm trying to work things out with that guy. And he is ready to carryout whatever assignment given to him, so far you're ready to pay."

"No problem, so far there will be no leakage. And hope his charges will not be huge?"

"I will know how to beat it down if he charges you too much."

"You will be going home with Tunde and leave Shade for me. We both came here together, and we are leaving together. How to get her home without being subjected to any punishment by her mother is left to me. Just trust me."

"Alright. But how to get home is another problem now. My car key is with Shade's mother. She drove the car back home yesterday. And there is no way she will not know about this issue if she should come around." Tunde's mother said out of worry.

"Don't worry ma. Just let's find our way to the roadside. I will make arrangement on that." Cynthia replied.

Before they proceeded back home, Cynthia composed a text message and sent it to Uche to act on.

Tunde's mother was very comfortable with the assistances rendered by Cynthia, but she was in fear. What could be Cynthia's demand at the end of the whole issue. If it's money, she should be able to meet up, but if she demands for something beyond nko? But why is she too forward on this issue? Hope this lady is not having a hiding agenda? God, have mercy.

Different thought filled Tunde's mother mind. She couldn't reason straight as they trekked through the narrow path they plighted when they came around.

"Love! Love!! Love!!! This is crazy! Love they say is powerful as death. It drives some people crazy, while some had lost their lives because of it, like I almost did. What's really wrong with me? I'm really doing this because of love? What if at the end of the day, Tunde leaves me for another girl? But, is that possible? NO! It's not possible. Both Tunde and his mother will costly pay for it. I swear!" Shade talked within herself, then beamed a mocking smile.

Shade's mother looked at the wall clock. It was already past four and Shade is yet to be back. She was so restless. Her husband will soon be around. She was running out of patient. So, she decided to call Tunde's mother again to ask about the situation of things. And while dialing her number, a call from an unknown caller entered her phone, which she picked up immediately but without a word, expecting the caller to talk first...

"Hello, Madam."

A deep scaring voice eachoed out into her receiving ears. She had never heard such scaring voice ever in her life.

"Yes, who I'm I speaking with." She replied calmly.

"Forget about the one you're on with, and let's talk about business. I don't have much time, so don't waste the precious one I'm trying to spend with you here.
Here is your daughter, Shade. She was kidnapped and if you know you still want her, you have to prepare a total ransom of three million naira before six O' clock today. Anything after that, consider your daughter dead." The caller threatened.

"Yeeeh! Mo gbe! ( I'm in trouble ). Shade! Kidnapped! What should I do now? Please sir, may I hear her voice?" She requested stammeringly. She was distributed.

"Just call me back when you must have arranged for the money. Then, you will hear from her. You're warned not to involve police or any force in this transaction. Any attempt to do so, then be ready for its consequences. Good bye."

The caller dropped the call.

Shade's mother was confused. It was like a dream to her. She wiped her face to be sure it was reality, and yes, she was not dreaming. She flung the phone on the sofa, then moved up and down in the room, not knowing what next to do. And she was on this random movement when her phone rang again.

She ran to check who was calling, and it happened to be Tunde's mother, she picked it up without hesitation...

"Hello, Mama Tunde. I'm in trouble ooo."

"Trouble ke? What happened?" Tunde's mother asked curiously.

"Shade has been kidnapped ooo. And ramson of three million was demanded for."

"Haaaa! Where and how did it happen? Have you informed her father?"

"No ooo, I haven't oo."

"Please, let him know right now. I will call you back." Tunde's mother said and then hung up the call.

TO BE CONTINUED
Unedited.

Based on logistics, we shall suspend the posting of this story for now.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this might have caused you.

3 Likes

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by MissRelly: 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2017
Wow! dis is really interesting,abeg anytime u continue hola me

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by supernet4(f): 1:37am On Apr 18, 2017
Ajodem Wetin happen? Y u wan suspend posting? Don't u know sumone is addicted ni?

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2017
MissRelly:
Wow! dis is really interesting,abeg anytime u continue hola me

No problem sis.

You can as well read my complete story, dirty game
through this link - https://www.nairaland.com/2316750/dirty-game

I promise you won't regret you read it
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2017
supernet4:
Ajodem Wetin happen?
Y u wan suspend posting?
Don't u know sumone is addicted ni?

I'm sorry bro, it's due to an uncontrollable circumstance.

I would like to recommend my first story, Dirty Game for your pleasure. It's a complete story and it was posted on this platform by me, myself.

Follow this link - https://www.nairaland.com/2316750/dirty-game
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by supernet4(f): 8:45am On Apr 19, 2017
ajodem:

I'm sorry bro, it's due to an uncontrollable circumstance.

I would like to recommend my first story, Dirty Game for your pleasure. It's a complete story and it was posted on this platform by me, myself.

Follow this link - https://www.nairaland.com/2316750/dirty-game
First of all am not a bro am a lady
I went Tru d story u did a great job Tnx for d recommendation
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 12:49pm On Apr 19, 2017
Oh, I'm sorry dear. Thanks for going through it. And I sincerely appreciate your commendation. You're blessed.
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 6:39pm On May 08, 2017
anyone here? could we continue?
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by greatlinda(f): 6:53pm On May 08, 2017
yes we ve been waiting 4 u

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 8:06pm On May 08, 2017
Where did we stop? Could someone summarize all the episodes we had posted so far?
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 9:04pm On May 08, 2017
*************EPISODE 18************
Shade's mother put call through her husband immediately...

"Hello dear, how are you?" Her husband greeted.

"He e e ll o..." She replied stammeringly.

"Any problem? Because I could notice a glint of tremble in your voice. What's the issue?"

"En, en..."

"En, what? Can't you just talk?" Shade's father barked at her.

"Shade has been abducted." She broke the news and busted into tears.

"How? When did that happen?"

"I just got a call from the abductor, requesting for three million naira ransom for her release.

"What? Did you hear from her?"

"No. The man said I should call him back to hear her voice when I must have prepared the ransom."

"Have you informed police about this?"

"No. He threatened that Shade will be killed if any force is involved."

"Alright. Though, I'm almost at home, but notwithstanding, just text me the number, then I will act on it."

"Alright dear."

"Don't worry yourself over the issue, okay? I will sort things out with them."

"Alright dear." She sighed and then hung up the call.

*************************************************************************************

Shade's father was confused. Why my daughter? Who could have set this trap for me? I will have to inform inspector general of police on this matter, but let me just call them first to be sure if she was truly abducted...

He slowed down the car and park to the roadside, then put a call through the abductor...

"Hello, Mr. Man. This is Oyedele, the father of the young girl you abducted."

"Good! No need to involve you on this matter anymore. Someone as arranged for the ransom. All you need do now is to come for your daughter. She will be waiting for you in an uncompleted building, erected along Tutuade express way. To clear your doubt on the abduction, listen to her..."

He gave the phone to Shade.

"Hello daddy..." She said calmly.

"Shade, how are you? Hope you're not touched or maltreated?" He curiously asked.

"No daddy. Not at all. Only that I'm not free. Please, come and get me out of this as soon as possible."

"Good to hear that dear. Be calm, okay? I will soon be there. In fact, I'm already on the express way. So, don't be panic."

"Love you daddy."

"Love you too, dear."

The abductor collected the phone from Shade...

"Your doubt should be cleared by now. You will have to be here as soon as possible because I'm leaving her here alone. So, she will be waiting for you.
You're warned not to involve any force in this issue.
Goodbye."

He concluded and hung up the call.

Shade's father was worried. He couldn't phantom what exactly was happening. He got more disarrayed when he thought of what the abductor said "someone has paid for her release"
"Who on earth could that person be?" That was the first question nagging in his head.
He started his car engine and sped up in other to pick up his daughter without any fear.

He decelerated his car's speed when he was very close to the described building, looking left and right in search of his daughter. He was very happy and nearly jumped out of the side screen when he saw his daughter, standing nostalgic, in front of the building which is a bit distance from the express way.

He halted the car and ran to her.

TO BE CONTINUED.

Unedited

3 Likes

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 9:08pm On May 08, 2017
No one to brief us undecided
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 6:26pm On May 09, 2017
*************EPISODE 19************
Tunde has taken his bath with the soap given to him. And he was now feeling very much okay. He took a delicious food prepared by his mother before he went to bed to relax. His mother's couldn't let him stay alone. She sat at the edge of his bed, watching over him.

Tunde's mother was forced to stand up when she heard knock on the door. She walked majestically to the door when she heard Cynthia's voice. She opened the door and ushered her in with enthusiasm. Then, she learned forward to the bar and came back with a bottle of wine coupled with a glass cup. She put them on a stool, rightly in front of Cynthia, and then have her own seat, directly opposite Cynthia.

Cynthia sat down confidently, with one leg crossed over the other.

"Ma, the job was perfectly done, and Shade should be at home with her parents by now."

"Really?" Tunde's mother asked astonishingly.

"Yes ma. In fact, you can call her mother for confirmation..."

Cynthia was sharing her testimony with smiling face when Tunde's mother phone rang. It was Shade's mother, then she picked it without any delay...

"Hello, Mama Shade. What's the latest development?"

"Thank God o. She has been released. In fact, she was brought home by her father some minutes ago. Thanks so much for your support on this issue."

"Wao. Thank God o. I'm so happy. Hope she was not injured?"

"Not at all. She is fine here. So, how far about Tunde's issue? Hope it was successful?"

"Thank God o. It was successful o. In fact, we are back home. Thanks to you too. You're a friend indeed."

"Good to hear this good news o.We shall talk better tomorrow when we see."

"Alright. Bye."

Shade's mother hung up the call.

Tunde's mother starred at Cynthia in amazement.

"You're wonderful! I must confess, you have done a great job. Wao, wao, waoo! How did you go about it?"

Cynthia beamed a wide smile. She picked up the glass and poured wine into it, sipped it and then dropped it back on the stool.

"It's nothing ma. We sha thank God for the success of everything."
"Thank God o. And you too."

"You welcome ma. Where is Tunde now?"

"He is asleep."

"Good! Ma, struggle still continues. It is not over until it's over. But, let's discuss about the one we have done successfully before talking about the next move."

"I'm lost. Could you just cut out the chase and take me out of this darkness? Which struggle again?" Tunde's mother asked curiously.

"Calm down ma. It's not a serious issue as you wanna take it. Only that money will be needed to carry out the job. This job as to be done to cover any leakage that might likely to surface in the nearest future. But before that, let's talk on the just concluded one."

"Can't you just tell me now and we do everything at once, then I will pay you everything together?"

Cynthia smiled, then said "if it were only me, I would have done everything for you. But you know now, another party is involved. And he doesn't joke when it comes to issue of money. In fact, he agreed to carry out the job on postpaid just because of me. I know you must have gotten the idea ma?"

Tunde's mother took a deep breath. She was not satisfied with the way Cynthia was responding to her. She felt embarrassed and unsecured. She was losing her deserved dignity and respect, but she has no alternative than to succumb to whatever pressure she was subjected to.

"Alright. No problem. How much is your charge?" She finally asked, gazing at Cynthia irritatingly.

Cynthia readjusted herself on the seat, and stylishly bowed her head to avoid eye contact with that of Tunde's mother before pronouncing the amount...

"One million naira."

Tunde's mother sprang up from her seat. Her eyes bulged out from its sockety like that of dragonflies.

"One what?" She asked to be sure of what she heard.

Cynthia kept silence for some moments, with her head still bowed. After some minutes of silence, she raised her head.

TO BE CONTINUED

Unedited

4 Likes

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 6:55pm On May 09, 2017
Lemme employ 'ghost method of posting' since my readers are ghosts too

3 Likes

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 11:18am On May 10, 2017
*********EPISODE TWENTY*********
She looked directly into Tunde's mother eyes. She was a bit coloured up with the way she reacted, but she held her anger.

"Ma, I will not like you to see this matter as if I'm finding a way of extorting you. I'm only doing this sacrifice just because you take me as your daughter. You might be looking at it as if we have not done anything tedious all because everything went successfully, but if I should tell you the risk we have taken..."

Cynthia was on her words when her phone rang. "I'm sorry ma," she took permission and picked up the call. She put the phone on speaker for transparency...

"Hello Uche, how far?"

"I'm good. How far about the payment? I need cash please."

"You don't need to tell me, I myself know that. And I've been working on how to get you paid as soon as possible. In fact, I'm currently with her. The only issue on ground is that she couldn't afford the charge..."

"What did you just say? You must be joking. Abeg, a no get time to discuss this kind nonsense with you. In fact, unfailingly tomorrow, my money must be paid, or else, you smell trouble." He threatened without given any chance to Cynthia to say anything, and then hung up the call.

Both Tunde's mother and Cynthia were threw into shock. Even, Cynthia, who was very closed to him never expected such furious reaction from him, though she knew he didn't joke when it comes to issue of money.

Fear gripped both of them as they exchanged looks.

"Please ma, you need to do something on this issue. Not only your life is at stake now, but both of us. You're even save more than I do because I was the one who stood for you. Uche is an aggressive being who doesn't give a damn when it comes to sensitive issue like this. Please and please, save us." Cynthia pleaded.

Cynthia action and reaction got Tunde's mother lost. She was convinced with the innocent look on Cynthia's face. She took a deep breath, then left for her room without a word. She came back later with her phone, and sat on her previous seat.

"May I have his bank account details?"

Cynthia kept mute for a moment. She couldn't believe the woman is paying the money straight away. She thought of dropping her own account number, but she decided to change her mind.

"Let me call him for his bank details ma."

The call was picked up after the third trial and the bank details were supplied. And the money was sent immediately through online transaction.

"Done." She said, showing Cynthia the evidence of the payment. "Hope we are now saved?" She asked with smiling face.

Cynthia nodded her head in affirmation.

"Good. Thanks so much for your support and the sacrifices you have made. I really appreciate. In case, I've in one way or the other offended you, please overlook it. We are all human being and no one is perfect." Tunde's mother pleaded.

"It's nothing ma. And in case I've rude to you in one or two ways too, please forgive me. Till tomorrow. Good night." She said and stood up, then proceeded to the doorway.

"Cynthia."

Tunde's mother called on Cynthia, who was already at the door, about to exit the room. And she halted, while holding the handle of the door without looking at the back.

"Could you just come back and let's discuss about the precaution to prevent the future leakage you talked about the other time?"

"Let's forget about that ma. I'm not ready to expose myself to any danger again all in the name of saving a soul. I think I've tried my best, so let's us forget about it ma."

Tunde's mother smiled.

"I know you're still angry over my reaction. If we don't forget the yesteryears issues, we won't have anyone to play with. And again, you have done nothing if at the end of the day there is a leakage. Don't forget, your name will also be mentioned if at the end of the day we are exposed. And as a corps member, your integrity needs to be protected.
Though, it's night now, but I will love if you could think over it overnight. Good night." Tunde's mother said and headed to her room, leaving Cynthia behind.

Cynthia was hit with her words. She could reason along with her, just the facts. She felt less concerned at that very moment; all what was on her mind was how to get her own portion from the money sent to Uche. Then, she exited the room without looking back, and headed to her own apartment to strategize on how to get her own share.

She put call through Uche and it was picked up immediately...

"Hello baby, well done. I don see your hand." He spoke out cheerfully.

"Yea. It was sent in my presence and I confirmed the payment."

"Good! Well done job. In fact, the woman makes sense, na one milla ( one million ) she dropped for me. So, how much she paid you?"

"Yea, I asked her to drop the one million naira into your account to share together. The money is meant for both of us."

"You mean?"

"I mean the money belongs to both of us. Hope you could hear that clearly?"

"I still can't get you. You mean you wanna share from this?"

"Of course, yes. What was our agreement? Was it not fifty-fifty?"

"Cynthia, if na play, I beg make we stop am oo. You for don comot your own separately because anything no fit come out from this money."

"You're just funny! How would you be expecting only you to get the whole one million naira, when I who initiated the business get nothing? What a greedy idea! Listen Uche..."

She has not landed when the call was dropped. And all her efforts to reach Uche throughout the night were futile.

TO BE CONTINUED

Unedited

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by Bollie29(f): 1:08pm On May 10, 2017
Very interesting, thumbs up

2 Likes

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 2:07pm On May 10, 2017
Bollie29:
Very interesting, thumbs up
Thanks dear
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 2:12pm On May 10, 2017
You guys should come o.
Your constructive criticism will be highly appreciated.
I'm writing so as to improve. And sequel to that, I will need your assistance.
Thanks
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 8:28am On May 11, 2017
******EPISODE TWENTY-ONE*******
Tunde's mother woke up in the middle of the night and headed to Tunde's room to check if he was fine. She was very comfortable with the way she met him, but the resonance of her heartbeat was deafening and one could hear every spurt of blood that ran through her arteries when she later remembered her last conversation with Cynthia...

"Struggle still continues. It is not over until it's over. But, let's discuss about the one we have done successfully before talking about the next move."

"I'm lost. Could you just cut out the chase and take me out of this darkness? Which struggle again?"

"Calm down ma. It's not a serious issue as you wanna take it. Only that money will be needed to carry out the job. This job as to be done to cover any leakage that might likely to surface in the nearest future. But before that, let's talk on the just concluded one."
"Could you just come back and let's discuss about the precaution to prevent the future leakage you talked about the other time?"

"Let's forget about that ma. I'm not ready to expose myself to any danger again all in the name of saving a soul. I think I've tried my best, so let's us forget about it ma."

She stood to her feet with her arms folded across her chest, wandering in the room...

"Leakage! Yes, there could be. It could be through Shade, Baba Awo, and even Cynthia herself. I can't afford to be exposed. I will use all the available means to protect this my mirror from getting broken, and keep the secret too. I'm ready to take any risk that comes my way just to keep my treasure alive, even if it's to lose my life or someone's life." She thought to herself and finally made up her mind before she went back to bed.

It was Monday morning. Shade's father had woke up very early and set to travel back. He looked at his wife in bed, under the blanket. He thought she must have got exhausted through the stress she went through while looking for Shade, so he decided not to disturb her sleep. He only dropped her a letter, stating that he has left and promised to send her a particular amount for their needs. And she should watch over Shade very well, so that what has happened will not repeat itself.

Aftermath, he moved to Shade's room. She was in bed too, maintaining a squatting posture. He placed his volar, then the back of his hand on her body to examine her body temperature. And he finally left when he was satisfied with the result he got, normal.

Shade's mother woke up around past eight and headed to sitting room where she saw the letter dropped by her husband and read through. She smiled and then learned towards Shade's room. Shade was still in bed, sleeping. She spared her and engaged herself in the domestic works that should be done by Shade, and then called her husband thereafter to know about his journey and warfare.

***********************************************************************************

Tunde's mother seated her son down, explaining what has happened when his life was between heaven and earth. The sacrifice they made and the sacrifice he himself has to make to avoid being a victim of such again.

Tunde was shocked. It sounded odd in his ears. Apart being a childhood friends and lovers, how on hell is that possible? To forgone someone who has risked her own life to save his life all in the name of love. This is absurd! What a barbaric and callous decision!

"Mummy, did you mean I have to drop Shade?" Tunde asked out of confusion.

"Yes, you have to. In fact, I don't want to see both of you together right from this very moment. And nobody must hear this from your mouth."

"But mum, making reference to what you said earlier, if not for Shade who risk her life..."

"Will you keep your mouth shut! I'm your mother, and I know more than you do, so when I tell you not to do a particular something, then you desist from it. What an old person sees while sitting, if a teenager clamps a tree, he could not see it. Though, you're matured a bit to decide on your own, but I can't just open my eyes while going astray."

Tunde went crisome with her mother's conclusion. He was seriously frustrated and not satisfied. The task was too heavy and cumbersome for him to withstand. He slipped his volar over his hair, thinking of what to do. Then, he stood to his feet and walked away, briskly on his mother, to his room. While he was going, her mother called on him, but he shrugged.

Tunde's mother stood up too, leaving her phone behind and then followed him. She was take aback by the ringing tone of her phone. It was her friend, then she picked up...

"Hello Mama Shade."

"Hello, good morning. How was your night?"

"It was fine o. At least, I slept in my house with my little husband. What about yours?"

"Oluwa seun o (Thank God o). At least Shade finally came home safely, and her father didn't react on the issue."

"Good to hear that. How is she now?"

"She is fine. She is even the one delaying me. We are both coming to your house in the next some minutes."

"Really?"

"Yes now. We will talk better when we come around."

"No problem. I will be expecting you."

The call was hung up by Shade's mother.

Tunde's mother hastened his movement to join Tunde in his room, but he was threw into confusion when she entered and couldn't see him in the room.

TO BE CONTINUED.

Unedited

4 Likes

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 10:27am On May 11, 2017
What could you say about the verisimilitude of this story?
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by Fijumokesayo(f): 7:42am On May 12, 2017
Iya Tunde is selfish, I hope she won't result to murder to save her son....

Iya Sade should be watchful, her own is too much.

I know Tunde won't stay away from Sade, he. Wouldn't want to be an heartbreaker.

Shade is in danger, a great one.

Well done Ajo, this is a great piece.

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 9:42am On May 12, 2017
cool

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 9:47am On May 12, 2017
Fijumokesayo:
Iya Tunde is selfish, I hope she won't result to murder to save her son....

Iya Sade should be watchful, her own is too much.

I know Tunde won't stay away from Sade, he. Wouldn't want to be an heartbreaker.

Shade is in danger, a great one.

Well done Ajo, this is a great piece.

I love this lovely analysis. kudos

Thanks for the commendation too

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 10:42am On May 12, 2017
*******EPISODE TWENTY-TWO******
"Tunde, Tunde, Tundeeeee." She called his name continuously while looking every nook and cranny of his room but no response was heard. She felt like hitting him when he later saw him coming out of the toilet, with his earphones on, receiving a call. She beat him with weird look but which Tunde was less concerned.

"What's wrong with you? Didn't you hear I was calling you?" Tunde's mother said angrily to Tunde who removed the earphones to hear what his mother was saying.

"I was in the toilet when you called, and it's not hygienic to be talking while in toilet."

"It's not hygienic to be talking while in toilet, but you could receive call in toilet, right?"

Tunde kept mute and sat on his bed with his head bowed.

His mother was somehow frustrated. She stood motionlessness for a moment, looking at him forlornly. She took a deep breath, and then walked gently to him. She sat beside him and threw her arm across his neck, petting him...

"What's really happening to you? Why are you doing this to me? Do you wanna kill me untimely? Or kill yourself? Did you even know what has happened when you were sick? Did you know I have gone through hell so as to save your soul? Did you want all my efforts to go in vein? If this is what I deserve from you, then I'm ready to carry my cross. But I pray you listen to me for your children to listen to you too. I'm doing all these only because of you, not me. Tunde, look at my face." She said, looking sadly.

Tunde gently turned around and became sober with the look he saw on his mother's face. His eyes were saturated with tears. He tried to fight back the tears which finally rolled down his cheeks. He heaved heavily.

"I have heard you. Though, it's not from the bottom of my heart, but, but..."

Tunde couldn't complete his words before he busted into tears. His mother hugged him tightly and wiped off the tears trekking down his cheeks.

"I'm sorry dear. I didn't mean to hurt you. This has to be done for our own benefits..."

Tunde's mother rapidly detached herself from her son when she heard a sound of a car coupled with horn, entering their compound.

"It seems Shade and her mother are around. I will be right back." She said hurriedly and moved to the sitting room. She stylishly dragged the curtain to a side and peeped through the created space. Then, she rushed back to Tunde's room.

"Yea, I guessed right. Don't react to Shade as if you saw her yesterday, so that her mother will not suspect us please."

Tunde nodded his head. And his mother left him in the room to welcome her visitors.

She welcomed them warmly and offer them seats.

Shade's mother and her daughter asked for Tunde and this called for his mother to call on him, but which he refused to answer. Tunde's mother was forced to leave her seat to check on him when she has called him for several times, but no response.

She met him on his bed sitting with his back resting against the wall, engulfing a pillow in his hands. She looked at him weirdly.

"What's really wrong with you? Didn't you hear my voice?"

"I'm sorry ma."

"You're sorry? Okay, no problem. Shade and her mother are waiting for you in the sitting room."

"Just help me say 'hi' to them."

"Can't you just come to show courtesy?"

"Not that I'm disrespecting you ma, but I'm only pretending as if I'm angry with them for not checking on me while I was ill. Hope you could read meaning to my words?"

His mother smiled and nodded her head in affirmation. What a good idea! She was very happy with the action. She returned to the sitting room where she told both Shade and her mother that Tunde was not interested to see them because they didn't check on him while he was ill.

Shade mind was in peace when she heard the message. She was thinking what Tunde's reaction could be when he sees her before, but with the situation of things, her mother must have lost, she thought.

"Oh! I'm very sorry for that. You should have explained what happened to him now." Shade's mother said.

"Yes, I did. But he was not convinced." Tunde's mother replied

"Okay, where is he?"

"He is in his room jare."

Shade's mother raised to her feet, and followed Tunde's mother.

Tunde's mother was confused when they later got to Tunde's room but couldn't see Shade.

"Where is Shade?" She asked with her eyes bulged out from its sockets.

"She should be in the sitting room." Her mother replied.

"Why did she stay behind? Won't she say hi to her husband?" Tunde's mother said and learned towards the sitting room to call on her.

TO BE CONTINUED.

Unedited

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Naked Truth (18+) / Wole Soyinka: Things You Didn’t Know About Him / WEB...Travails of a detective.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.