Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War (69993 Views)

Yakubu Gowon: Why I Detained Soyinka During The Civil War / Olusegun Obasanjo Wrapped Batik In Aba During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) / Reno Omokri Locates Victim Of Onitsha Fire Outbreak, Makes Donation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by NwaforIgbo: 4:20pm On Apr 13, 2017
lebete3000:

So your definition of celebration includes rubbing it in other people's faces and inciting more hatred 4yourselves?

Okay...Kontinuu. Una go tey 4ds Zoo.

Only the SW can deliver yall from d chains of ds Zoo Republic, for as long as yall continue to be delusional about your status and look down on other tribes the SW will continue to serve those who are hospitable & humble(North) while d SS will continue to be skeptical about yall and the North will continue to thrive and rule us all capitalizing on our weakness in d South which is our DISUNITY. Just continue fooling yourselves. I pray it won't be long b4 yall grasp this truth as FFK wrote in his recent article.

https://www.nairaland.com/3737347/seven-fold-yoke-cabal-own-nigeria-ffk

A very insightful read.

We did not complain when u celebrated the boy that has the highest GDP so what is the qualms the. Anyway, I believe we should keep our achievement aside first cuz it has not helped us in anyway. No matter how a slave is praised he still remain a slave. Like the gladiators they received cheers from people on the Arena, but that does not change the fact that they were slaves. So we should just avoid bashing our selves and speaking big grammar, while the North ride on our head

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Lightening: 5:04pm On Apr 13, 2017
ThugCheetah:
As a Yoruba Muslim, I must confess this thread is not really good for my health angry

Guy, this your punchline is serious hypertension relief. Haba! Try comedy biko.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by mightyhaze: 5:14pm On Apr 13, 2017
Bollinger:

You are too much of a dimwit to realize I am not comparing just one region to countries like Germany. You are all Nigerians aren't you? It doesn't matter the region. One is as phucked up as the other. And keep blaming government for your woes as if you all are not the people who put them there.
ok adamu!

Bye

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Lightening: 5:30pm On Apr 13, 2017
Bollinger:

Lol. Keep making excuses. Germany was reduced to more than rubble after WW2. The whole country. I say again, not one region but the whole country. It was decimated completely. Why is it that they were able to turn the country into one of the cleanest and most beautiful countries in the world. Or are you saying they are superior to you? Face reality my brain dead neanderthal. Majority of Nigerians are no different from cavemen who do not know how to function in the modern world. You guys are still burning people in the streets, littering uncontrollably, looting yourselves blind and the funny thing is, you keep burying your heads in the sand and making excuses to make yourselves feel better. Carry on. What a people. Smh

United Nations rebuilt Germany. Get your facts right. This is an enlightened forum pls.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by FKO81(m): 5:32pm On Apr 13, 2017
loopmongoat:

Where is this place you posted
I am referring to the 3rd picture

Tiger food Onitsha

http://www.tigerspices.com/

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by FKO81(m): 5:38pm On Apr 13, 2017
Tiger food industries Onitsha

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by caracas: 5:46pm On Apr 13, 2017
Bollinger:

Lol. Keep making excuses. Germany was reduced to more than rubble after WW2. The whole country. I say again, not one region but the whole country. It was decimated completely. Why is it that they were able to turn the country into one of the cleanest and most beautiful countries in the world. Or are you saying they are superior to you? Face reality my brain dead neanderthal. Majority of Nigerians are no different from cavemen who do not know how to function in the modern world. You guys are still burning people in the streets, littering uncontrollably, looting yourselves blind and the funny thing is, you keep burying your heads in the sand and making excuses to make yourselves feel better. Carry on. What a people. Smh
This shows your level of ignorance.
If u dont know that america ,russia n the United nations rebuilt both germany n japan after the 2nd ww.
Unlike how the nigerian government deliberately tried to destroy the igbos n their region.This of course is not to whittle down the achievements of the great germans but truth be told they did what they did with help from the Un n other developed countries but the igbos achieved everything they have today by themselves.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by FKO81(m): 5:47pm On Apr 13, 2017
Onitsha Industrial area

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by AmericanQuarter: 5:56pm On Apr 13, 2017
WOW view of the Niger bridge from Sabmiller-Onitsha.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by AmericanQuarter: 5:58pm On Apr 13, 2017
Inside of the worldclass Sabmiller-Onitsha.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by FKO81(m): 6:16pm On Apr 13, 2017
Eastern Distilleries & Food Industries Limited Onitsha

http://www.easterndistilleries.com/

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by FKO81(m): 6:42pm On Apr 13, 2017
Habour industrial layout Onitsha one of the biggest industrial layouts in Anambra

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by FKO81(m): 6:47pm On Apr 13, 2017
Habour host many cottage industries

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 13, 2017
FKO81:
Habour industrial layout Onitsha one of the biggest industrial layouts in Anambra
thunder fire u so u came into nairaland to start posting this disgusting pics. leave onitsha and visit other places dont come here and start posting dirty onitsha
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by lebete3000: 7:10pm On Apr 13, 2017
NwaforIgbo:

We did not complain when u celebrated the boy that has the highest GDP so what is the qualms the. Anyway, I believe we should keep our achievement aside first cuz it has not helped us in anyway. No matter how a slave is praised he still remain a slave. Like the gladiators they received cheers from people on the Arena, but that does not change the fact that they were slaves. So we should just avoid bashing our selves and speaking big grammar, while the North ride on our head

When he was celebrated, was it mentioned in relationship to a tribe? Did you hear ppl talking about igbos not being able to achieve what they achieved? Each tribe is free to celebrate his/her achievement but making comparison is baseless and only a recipe for unnecessary jealousy, strife & hatred that ends up with disunity. When a NEterner achieves something do you hear him compare himself to a NWterner? He believes he has made the NORTH(Arewa) proud and not just his geozone but in d South you see useless comparison and people saying one tribe is hating on them.

As Sanusi rightly said-the South is full of educated illiterates.
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:15pm On Apr 13, 2017
michaelandre:
thunder fire u so u came into nairaland to start posting this disgusting pics. leave onitsha and visit other places dont come here and start posting dirty onitsha
You are really pained tongue tongue tongue the thread is not good for your health

8 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by NwaforIgbo: 7:17pm On Apr 13, 2017
lebete3000:

When he was celebrated, was it mentioned in relationship to a tribe? Did you hear ppl talking about igbos not being able to achieve what they achieved? Each tribe is free to celebrate his/her achievement but making comparison is baseless and only a recipe for unnecessary jealousy, strife & hatred that ends up with disunity. When a NEterner achieves something do you hear him compare himself to a NWterner? He believes he has made the NORTH(Arewa) proud and not just his geozone but in d South you see useless comparison and people saying one tribe is hating on them.

True, but we just celebrate them, it is the some people that start to discredit them which sometimes prompts the comparison.
But anyway, we have to put all those aside like I said, a glorified slaves still remains a slave

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by lebete3000: 7:25pm On Apr 13, 2017
kernel501:

You have inferiority problem. You told us how Oodua failed from the sky and landed in Ife, and gave birth to all your tribe, we didn't dispute your claims. We said we're decedent of Abraham, you started disclaiming that, how is it your concern?

Post Nigeria-Biafra war you enjoyed the window, to top education chat, you claimed to be most educated, we didn't dispute that, after losing that to us, you tagged us braggers.

You call others crime supporters, but you voted Kashanu, American drug Lord in the Senate to represent you, yet you brand others corrupt.

Hypocrisy is at high with you,that's why the Hausas call you Kanfari (Hypocrite).

And I was the one who said all these things you claim I said? Even if I said we're the most educated I went ahead and called you guys illiterates ba? I was d one who voted Kashamu d drug lord ba?

If only you knew how much I also desire liberty from the Northern oligarchs but statements like these will only make me bow to them instead of following a hate-driven, holier-than-thou, vain glorious, uncouth and lousy individual like you.

Continue creating disunity among your fellow Southerners and believe you can achieve it all by yourselves. Even your close neighbours SS don't trust you. How can every tribe in a country you're part of hate just a particular tribe alone? Don't you think that tribe needs to self-reflect b4 they self-destruct?
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Rosskii: 7:26pm On Apr 13, 2017
Princess4ng:
But it was so beautiful... Believe me

How was it beautiful? What i see is an underdeveloped, neglected town. The British robbed us blind. Exporting our resources for 100 years, yet people were still walking around barefoot, in abject poverty, on wretched streets.

Today Onitsha looks 100 times better. Enough of this stupid nostalgia please. None of you could live in that Onitsha of 1962 or whatever
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Princess4ng(f): 7:35pm On Apr 13, 2017
Rosskii:

How was it beautiful? What i see is an underdeveloped, neglected town. The British robbed us blind. Exporting our resources for 100 years, yet people were still walking around barefoot, in abject poverty, on wretched streets.

Today Onitsha looks 100 times better. Enough of this stupid nostalgia please. None of you could live in that Onitsha of 1962 or whatever

Sorry o

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Ikeg: 7:51pm On Apr 13, 2017
lebete3000:

Is this Nigga serious?

This was the post that had you wailing and crying throughout the entire threas. Point out where the author of the post talked about any other tribe.

You came wailing because of your INFERIORITY COMPLEX nothing more.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by lebete3000: 8:01pm On Apr 13, 2017
Ikeg:

Is this Nigga serious?

This was the post that had you wailing and crying throughout the entire threas. Point out where the author of the post talked about any other tribe.

You came wailing because of your INFERIORITY COMPLEX nothing more.

And you didn't see where someone commented that they got no single help from FG? Which was exactly what got me involved in d thread. Now you even going as far as lying on me that it was D's nonsense post ou put here that got me involved. Hence you go ahead tagging me inferior again. Its your type that disgraces your tribe and make other see y'all as a congregation of sick people. FOH!
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Ikeg: 8:21pm On Apr 13, 2017
lebete3000:

And you didn't see where someone commented that they got no single help from FG? Which was exactly what got me involved in d thread. Now you even going as far as lying on me that it was D's nonsense post ou put here that got me involved. Hence you go ahead tagging me inferior again. Its your type that disgraces your tribe and make other see y'all as a congregation of sick people. FOH!

When you lie,make sure your lie is not easily dismissed.
This was YOUR FIRST comment on this thread. Who were you replying to again? I thought so.

Now where did that comment MENTION any other tribes beside Igbo? I'll wait.

Secondly, the man is 110% accurate in his statement. It is a well known FACT that the 3R which included the UN loaned to Nigeria to fix the damages of the war didn't touch SE or any other eastern areas now marked as SS. It went directly to Lagos and North whom both were not affected by the war. I can provide you Akapbio speech where he spoke on this if you need be.

Secondly, it is also a well known FACT that SE gets the least allocation from the FG and has the least FG presence.

It also a well known FACT that some of the infrastructure that SE holds told was due to collective community process. For example the year Enugu domestic Airport was built, the money used to do so didn't come from FG but rather it was from the community in question. Even when the FG tried to upgrade it to international airport, was it not you people that attacked Stella for having the audacity to do so.

Spare me your victim playing attempt.

Like I said, you came wailing on this thread dur to your INFERIORITY COMPLEX. You just used the comment as a cover. After all, you were not saying your irritation was because he claims their was no federal government. Your exact words of why you were lambetting and wailing over this thread was because " your definition of celebration includes rubbing it in other people's faces ".

Anyway you are SW after all. You people are KNOWN for your hate filled inferority complex display whenever igbo are praised thus I'm not shocked by your behavior. I'll be more shocked if you didn't display it. It's in your DNA afterall.

Emphasis on where did yseke made comparison to tribes. I'll wait

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by lebete3000: 8:45pm On Apr 13, 2017
Ikeg:

When you lie,make sure your lie is not easily dismissed.
This was YOUR FIRST comment on this thread. Who were you replying to again? I thought so.

Now where did that comment MENTION any other tribes beside Igbo? I'll wait.

Secondly, the man is 110% accurate in his statement. It is a well known FACT that the 3R which included the UN loaned to Nigeria to fix the damages of the war didn't touch SE or any other eastern areas now marked as SS. It went directly to Lagos and North whom both were not affected by the war. I can provide you Akapbio speech where he spoke on this if you need be.

Secondly, it is also a well known FACT that SE gets the least allocation from the FG and has the least FG presence.

It also a well known FACT that some of the infrastructure that SE holds told was due to collective community process. For example the year Enugu domestic Airport was built, the money used to do so didn't come from FG but rather it was from the community in question. Even when the FG tried to upgrade it to international airport, was it not you people that attacked Stella for having the audacity to do so.

Spare me your victim playing attempt.

Like I said, you came wailing on this thread dur to your INFERIORITY COMPLEX. You just used the comment as a cover. After all, you were not saying your irritation was because he claims their was no federal government. Your exact words of why you were lambetting and wailing over this thread was because " your definition of celebration includes rubbing it in other people's faces ".

Anyway you are SW after all. You people are KNOWN for your hate filled inferority complex display whenever igbo are praised thus I'm not shocked by your behavior. I'll be more shocked if you didn't display it. It's in your DNA afterall.

Emphasis on where did yseke made comparison to tribes. I'll wait

For the sake of undiscerning readers I didn't read the post this guy pasted here but iremember vividly the post ended with "no help from FG" I don't think the guy mentioned anything like 3R here. All he mentioned. Was no single help from FG. While I'm not old enough to know weda those 3Rs where actually implemented or not, at least I'm old enough to know the FG gave help in terms of allocations and bail-outs as is applicable to other states which was my bone of contention here. This lousy dude here is just the typical Igbo Ngige and wise Igbos talk about who thrive on animosity, selfpraise and empty pride.

All he can say since morning is inferiority complex cos he's very proud whereas some other sensible Igbos are seeing reason in my post but his hate has given him Glaucoma, Cataract & Apollo.

Receive your healing IJN...Amen!
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Ikeg: 8:50pm On Apr 13, 2017
lebete3000:

For the sake of undiscerning readers I didn't read the post this guy pasted here but iremember vividly the post ended with "no help from FG" I don't think the guy mentioned anything like 3R here. All he mentioned. Was no single help from FG. While I'm not old enough to know weda those 3Rs where actually implemented or not, at least I'm old enough to know the FG gave help in terms of allocations and bail-outs as is applicable to other states which was my bone of contention here. This lousy dude here is just the typical Igbo Ngige and wise Igbos talk about who thrive on animosity, selfpraise and empty pride.

All he can say since morning is inferiority complex cos he's very proud whereas some other sensible Igbos are seeing reason in my post but his hate has given him Glaucoma, Cataract & Apollo.

Receive your healing IJN...Amen!

As usual victim playing to save face. Oh now other igbos are seeing reasons of your post yet EVERY one that commented on your post addressed your need to wail and you resulted to claiming "it's because the guy compared to other tribes". Your inferiority complex spoke as I stated hence you resulted to your hypocrisy save face tactics..
I suggest reread the replies you got here even if you exclude my own before deluding yourself that people saw "sense" in your lambetting. People called you out on your HYPOCRISY. Do you want me to show it to you? I'll gladly do it.

Oh my the way slowpoke, by the content of the post you replied, it should have told you the guy was talking about the 3Rs but asx
Usual, your INFERIORITY COMPLEX, made you think otherwise. You're a joke

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by hollowway44: 10:01pm On Apr 13, 2017
All the people pictured in d background must be very old now if dey r still alive.
I even saw chike standing beside river Niger. Lol
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Chikeluba25(m): 10:09pm On Apr 13, 2017
Awka (Smith city)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by kernel501: 10:14pm On Apr 13, 2017
lebete3000:

And I was the one who said all these things you claim I said? Even if I said we're the most educated I went ahead and called you guys illiterates ba? I was d one who voted Kashamu d drug lord ba?

If only you knew how much I also desire liberty from the Northern oligarchs but statements like these will only make me bow to them instead of following a hate-driven, holier-than-thou, vain glorious, uncouth and lousy individual like you.

Continue creating disunity among your fellow Southerners and believe you can achieve it all by yourselves. Even your close neighbours SS don't trust you. How can every tribe in a country you're part of hate just a particular tribe alone? Don't you think that tribe needs to self-reflect b4 they self-destruct?

I just gave you the definition of what an average Yoruba person sees as the definition of the Igbos, just like you share in there plight.

Hating Igbos hasn't stopped the Igbos, we're not extending hands of friendship to you. How does it affect America, Chinese,Israel from leading the world.

Niger Delta hates you, Hausa calls you Kanfari (Hypocrite), you can run an option poll, you're propaganda isn't selling again.
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by lebete3000: 10:19pm On Apr 13, 2017
Ikeg:

As usual victim playing to save face. Oh now other igbos are seeing reasons of your post yet EVERY one that commented on your post addressed your need to wail and you resulted to claiming "it's because the guy compared to other tribes". Your inferiority complex spoke as I stated hence you resulted to your hypocrisy save face tactics..
I suggest reread the replies you got here even if you exclude my own before deluding yourself that people saw "sense" in your lambetting. People called you out on your HYPOCRISY. Do you want me to show it to you? I'll gladly do it.

Oh my the way slowpoke, by the content of the post you replied, it should have told you the guy was talking about the 3Rs but asx
Usual, your INFERIORITY COMPLEX, made you think otherwise. You're a joke

The persons that spoke later understood my post and we agreed on a common ground. You on d other hand as I've said remain an uncouth, lousy & pathetic being who's thought pattern is no different from an animal. Your ignorance is spiked with arrogance which you use as a cover up for your ineptitude and emptiness for saying he was talking about 3Rs wen even an slowpoke can see clearly what was written.

You belong to d Ibadan zoo where you can relate better with your fellow monkeys while tourists throw you banana and laugh at your foolishness.
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by lebete3000: 10:33pm On Apr 13, 2017
kernel501:

I just gave you the definition of what an average Yoruba person sees as the definition of the Igbos, just like you share in there plight.

Hating Igbos hasn't stopped the Igbos, we're not extending hands of friendship to you. How does it affect America, Chinese,Israel from leading the world.

Niger Delta hates you, Hausa calls you Kanfari (Hypocrite), you can run an option poll, you're propaganda isn't selling again.

And you're sure the Niger-Deltans don't hate you? The same Nigerdeltans you overtook their land in d war and wanted to coerce to join you and yet open the gates to d Federal troops to cleanse yall. The same Nigerdeltans that are quick to separate and distinguish themselves from yall in disgust when others refer to them as Igbos.
A nigerdeltan feels more comfortable giving their daughters to other tribes but think twise when they hear igbos.

This thread has made me realize there are some Igbos with a different, intelligent, diplomatic and more humane mentality but majority of the remaining Igbos are nothing but Jackasses.

Igbos have got a very long way to go meen.
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by kernel501: 10:57pm On Apr 13, 2017
lebete3000:

And you're sure the Niger-Deltans don't hate you? The same Nigerdeltans you overtook their land in d war and wanted to coerce to join you and yet open the gates to d Federal troops to cleanse yall. The same Nigerdeltans that are quick to separate and distinguish themselves from yall in disgust when others refer to them as Igbos.
A nigerdeltan feels more comfortable giving their daughters to other tribes but think twise when they hear igbos.

This thread has made me realize there are some Igbos with a different, intelligent, diplomatic and more humane mentality but majority of the remaining Igbos are nothing but Jackasses.

Igbos have got a very long way to go meen.

Was your forefathers fools or mad when they were fighting to have jackasses with them in the same country?
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by lebete3000: 12:28am On Apr 14, 2017
kernel501:

Was your forefathers fools or mad when they were fighting to have jackasses with them in the same country?

They were taming the Jackasses to become humans but unfortunately they seem not to have been successful as evidenced by your existence...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

NURTW Vice-chairman, Samuel Kayode Shot Dead In Lagos / Photos Of Funny Looks In Today Reflection Of Apc Decides / Aisha Buhari's Interview With BBC Hausa (Full Text)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.