Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,194 members, 7,815,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring (29102 Views)

Religious Leaders Kick Against Security Levies On Churches, Mosques In Oyo / IPOB Protests Against Restructuring In Port-Harcourt (VIDEO) / Yoruba Youths Kick Against Restructuring. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Adadio: 10:17am On Apr 13, 2017
Shame on the foolish Igbo and Yoruba people who cannot sink their differences and consign primordial sentiments to the dustbin of history.The day the West and East come together all these bragadaccio by the Hausa/Fulani will end.They will beg to remain in Nigeria,by then it would have been too late.Nonsense.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 13, 2017
angry
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by vani86: 10:23am On Apr 13, 2017
roxell120:
I WILL KEEP SAYIN IT. THE NORTH IS THE MAJOR REASON NIGERIA WILL NEVER DEVELOP. THEY ARE ONLY GOOD IN CREATIN MAJOR PROBLEMS THAT KEEP EMPTYIN OUR NATIONAL PURSE

It is not the north but corruption.

Yes they may be holding us back a bit but the real culprit is corruption which manifests at all jebelevels irrespective of tribe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by ITbomb(m): 10:25am On Apr 13, 2017
hysteriabox:

So,
-northerners are likely to unite for for nigeria if they are served reasons laced with religious sentiments
-yorubas are likely to unite for nigeria if they are served sentiments along cultural/ethnic lines (tinubu is yoruba leader, OPC has approved it, Oba agreed etc)
-the igbos are the hardest to unite. Why cos they are a society which over time, have been encouraged to grow along individual benefits. So, for them to unite, one ll av to ask them to look past themselves, their individual sentiments. This is a mountain task

I believe a reform is possible, only when 2/3 or 3/5 of nigeria unite and insist. But it begins with regional unity.
This pretty sums up the situation.
The North seems to have power because the Igbos are not united. Having been encouraged to grow along individual benefits, it is very easy for some individual to be empowered and use against its people.

Yoruba is the least of Igbo problems, if Ndigbo can speak with one voice or respect the decisions of a certain social cultural body, restructuring can be made overnight

North are lazy and parasitic . They dont see any future apart from oil

2 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Xkalaban(m): 10:25am On Apr 13, 2017
blackfase:
You need to shed this presumptive toga of yours. Read my comment well, it captured the part where i said its saboteurs derailing the Southern cause. As a person and a Yoruba, i kno the North is up to no good, same for a legion of other tribesmen that i kno of. Its always convenient to lay the hassles of realization of B****a on d doorstep of the Yorubas whereas you see some Igbo sons denouncing it everyday. As for me, i support it. Most of the Southern/ Yoruba punks attacking the I**b cause are ignoramuses, prolly teenagers that are still breastfeeding that overrun this forum on a daily basis, who dont seem to see d big picture or just prefer to remain in denial. The same way Igbos arent speaking with one voice on B****a is the same way Yorubas arent all agreeing on the lie called Nigeria. Lets be conscious and well informed about our ethnic challenges pls.....

I give u kudos bro. U seem to have a good head on ur shoulders. That's what we need on NL. Ppl who talk sensibly.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by bilazego(m): 10:25am On Apr 13, 2017
Saintsquare:
The south can come together but as long SE won't move on from the GEJ trauma, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

GEJ election loss is out of the question the real truth is the distrust between the SE and SW.

5 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 13, 2017
These thieves and terrorists breeders will want to continuing to hold others for hostages. Why are the north scared of restructuring? They are hidden natural resources untouched all over the north, why not bring them to the table for benchmark as resources in the south have been benchmarking

You kept your own and be eating others resources. Bring your own let other eat too. There is love in sharing.

#Restructuring.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by AreaFada2: 10:27am On Apr 13, 2017
Amberon:
The bolded is what I also advocate for. A united south. The Yoruba's want resource control, the Igbo's want resource control, the Niger Delta also want resource control. I think we should all come together and dissociate from the parasitic north.
The SW easily compromises that position to curry favour from the North. Despite publicly saying they want restructuring.

Some actually want, most secretly feel SW benefit from the current system too. Even though they know it is a bad system.
And they feel SS/SE will benefit from it more than SW.

If SW stood to benefit the most, they'd have pushed for it. I pray SW or the North discover massive resources on their soil.

For now SS & SE virtually stand alone on it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by tonio2wo: 10:28am On Apr 13, 2017
sarrki:
Restructuring is actually Good

Only concern is we don't have good people that can represent each region

Not the set of criminals we have at the two upper houses

And the one in aso rock
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by ogene007: 10:29am On Apr 13, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
North Is A Parasite, that's all
The 'Parasite' is kicking against restructuring because it eradicates the north's parasitic activities on the oil and gas resources of the niger delta. Some section of the north are against western education and yet will fly planes for Hajj. I guess those planes were designed by experts in arabic and islamic studies only. Why don't they travel by camel through the sahara desert to Mecca since they detest western education. The earlier the north wakes up to the reality that this is no longer 13th century, the better for it. If they refuse to accept peaceful restructuring, then restructuring will come by the force of the economic hardship that is already looming. A word is enough for the wise.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by lexy2014: 10:32am On Apr 13, 2017
krendo:
Anyway I think that any Southern Governor that wants to pursue devolution will be able to do that whether the North agrees to restructuring or North

Lagos State has various time pursue this agenda on various issues

I wish APGA can campaign on devolution and implement it policy by policy or issue by issue rather than waiting for restructuring from federal government

I also wish IPOB can close ranks with APGA on this subject

Nigerian being a Fedralist state is already restructured to some degree, we just have to implement it!
how many south easterners voted 4 APGA in 2015? Ibos don't give a damn about apga no matter what it stands 4.I agree with ur points though
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by ITbomb(m): 10:32am On Apr 13, 2017
vani86:

It is not the north but corruption.

Yes they may be holding us back a bit but the real culprit is corruption which manifests at all jebelevels irrespective of tribe
Corruption breeds when you know someone steals but you protect him because he is from your side and also you know that the previous person from another tribe stole even much and the next person from another tribe would steal much more when it is their turn.

Restructuring takes away all that. No stealing by turn.

When someone knows that a person from his side his stealing what should benefits his community, he is more prone to fight it, remove him and replace with another of your own than this present situation where someone from some other tribe are controlling what belongs to your community and you just manage to get one of your people to "belong" and bring home some pieces of the cake

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Saintsquare(m): 10:32am On Apr 13, 2017
bilazego:

GEJ election loss is out of the question the real truth is the distrust between the SE and SW.
What trust are you talking about,kindly explain further.
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Rilwayne001: 10:33am On Apr 13, 2017
Parasites
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 13, 2017
Why won't they kick against it. I blame the Southerners especially the mentally divided Yorubas and Igbos.

Instead pushing a Fashola or Tinubu as Presidential candidate in 2015 election they settled for fulani herdsman with a primary school certificate.

2019 is on they way...instead of pushing a Tinubu or a Fayose or a Peter Obi or a Pat Utomi.....they are routing for another fulani herdsmen in person of Atiku or El-Rufai.....

Una mumu never do..... The North only hope of survive are the Southerners and the Nigeria project take it away from them and watch them fight you their last blood and until unite to cut them off by any means necessary they will continue to use the few illetrate minority from the North against the Southern intellectuals.
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by bilazego(m): 10:35am On Apr 13, 2017
Saintsquare:
What trust are you talking about,kindly explain further.

How old are you? NL full of children!
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Rilwayne001: 10:35am On Apr 13, 2017
praise010:
The brown roof enclaves caused it all

How?

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by lexy2014: 10:36am On Apr 13, 2017
ITbomb:

Corruption breeds when you know someone steals but you protect him because he is from your side and also you know that the previous person from another tribe stole even much and the next person from another tribe would steal much more when it is their turn.

When someone knows that a person from his side his stealing what should benefits his community, he is more prone to fight it, remove him and replace with another of your own than this present situation where someone from some other tribe are controlling what belongs to your community and you just manage to get one of your people to "belong" and bring home some pieces of the cake
When ibori came back from d UK, did his people celebrate or did they reprimand him?I guess he didn't steal from them

2 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Saintsquare(m): 10:42am On Apr 13, 2017
bilazego:

How old are you? NL full of children!

I'm sure everyone can see who the toddler here is, ordinary explanation you resort to name calling.... don't quote me again

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by ITbomb(m): 10:43am On Apr 13, 2017
lexy2014:
When ibori came back from d UK, did his people celebrate or did they reprimand him?I guess he didn't steal from them
Most of his people celebrated him because previously, the Northerners were the ones sharing the crude oil sales and oil blocks, he was one of the few Niger Delta then who could break through and corner some of the cake. Ironically, that was a heroic achievement.

According to some reasoning if he didn't take the money, someone from the north would have still taken it and no one would make a noise

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by sniperr007(m): 10:44am On Apr 13, 2017
Atiku2019:
Atiku Stands with 100% Restructuring cool

Only a mumu will believe u.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by murmee: 10:45am On Apr 13, 2017
Well, the NORTH has spoken. Let the SOUTH reply. We are waiting!
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by mercyville: 10:47am On Apr 13, 2017
ZombiePUNISHER:
Remove a parasite attached to a host.it will die a sudden death
The irony is even when northern sane leaders like sanusi speaks the honest truth about the status of the north in Nigeria
These same old fools will shout down on him

Where are the Yoruba Muslims .. Come and chant Sai baba and one Nigeria as usual
Why don't you call out the Igbo muslims or you think they only recognise Okorocha's voice!Let us do it together IGBO MUSLIMS!!!! IGBO MUSLIMS!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by denuga01: 10:50am On Apr 13, 2017
izombie:
These northerners are unbelievable! And people still think nigeria go better. I don't blame them sha, they already have willing saboteurs down south in the name of yoruba moslems. I still don't understand why the yorubas want to remain in the same house with these animals.

Are you not aware your uncle ekweme n co voted against Tru federalism at last national conference, are u not also aware ur brother Aguyi Ironsi turns all regions to centralize gov which Yorubas has been agitating for years. people no longer take u people serious as you only make noise when it's no longer business as usual. You will forever remain irrelevant I Nigeria political structure is concern and remain VP to Yoruba or Hausa's till u purge ur region of hate and stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by lexy2014: 10:52am On Apr 13, 2017
coolzeal:
The North cannot detect for us all in this nation. If the collective effort of the better South put politics and tribes aside, no one can stop us from restructuring.
there's no north or south east or west. anyone who comes and say they are speaking 4 any region are actually speaking 4 their pockets. so am appalled when some of us especially youths take these things seriously. what we actually have is a class divide between d rich&powerful on d one hand and d weak and poor on d other. D rich&powerful are in constant conflict over power and resources all in an attempt 2 consolidate and expand their power base&strengthen their hold on resources. so when they loose out in d battle 4 power and resources, they whip up ethnic and religious sentiments by crying marginalisation and restructuring. unfortunately, d weak and d poor often are d pawns with which they use 2 achieve their objective as ethnic sentiments appeals 2 them but at d same time it shrouds their sense of reasoning as they are unable 2 c d fraud in these so called regional agitations

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by iwadobo: 10:52am On Apr 13, 2017
somadinho10:
I have said it before and I will continue to say it...... The problem we the southerners have are the north, can you believe the three southern presidents were by accidents, our major problem is disunity and trust, igbos will never seek for secession had Lord lugard not joined us with those people that should have been joined with Niger and Chad I'm sorry to call any tribe but the yoruba people are the only reason this people always hold us for ransom, remember how awolowo,abiola, and recently Tinubu were used and dumbed.. ...... .. I call for a United south

With you, we stand. A united south is the only antidote to this odoreferous malady called one Nigeria!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by lexy2014: 11:00am On Apr 13, 2017
ITbomb:

Most of his people celebrated him because previously, the Northerners were the ones sharing the crude oil sales and oil blocks, he was one of the few Niger Delta then who could break through and corner some of the cake. Ironically, that was a heroic achievement.

According to some reasoning if he didn't take the money, someone from the north would have still taken it and no one would make a noise

From what u are saying we need corruption 2 fight corruption. Below is ur post pls read it again and compare with d above 2c ur contradictions.

"Corruption breeds when you know someone steals but you protect him because he is from your side and also you know that the previous person from another tribe stole even much and the next person from another tribe would steal much more when it is their turn.

When someone knows that a person from his side his stealing what should benefits his community, he is more prone to fight it, remove him and replace with another of your own than this present situation where someone from some other tribe are controlling what belongs to your community and you just manage to get one of your people to "belong" and bring home some pieces of the cake"
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Horlufemi(m): 11:03am On Apr 13, 2017
Atiku2019:
Atiku Stands with 100% Restructuring cool

I'll rather vote you than vote Atiku. since you want to vote for Atiku. I will vote kowa
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 11:05am On Apr 13, 2017
BLACKdagger:

This is a lie brother
but its d same yoruba that carry biafra matter for head like gala here more than the hausas...Wheneva ipob mentioned secession
which u kno very well..

STOP TELLING OBVIOUS LIE BRO..
Had it been yorubas dnt sell souths out by forming allies with north during election the norths wont be feeling superior.

While would the yoruba not react accordingly when your psychopathic leader of Ipob was calling on Ibos to attack the yoruba without a single sane voice from your side cautioning him ?
What do you take the yoruba to be ?
When you have reformatted your brain to a sane default, the yoruba can consider unity. We can't be pushed around by anybody.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by emi14: 11:19am On Apr 13, 2017
coolzeal:
The North cannot detect for us all in this nation. If the collective effort of the better South put politics and tribes aside, no one can stop us from restructuring.

Yorubas and Igbos gave Hausas platform to trample upon them. They should re-examine themselves before they can navigate Nigeria to the right direction. Enough is enough.
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by BLACKdagger: 11:23am On Apr 13, 2017
BlakKluKluxKlan:

While would the yoruba not react accordingly when your psychopathic leader of Ipob was calling on Ibos to attack the yoruba without a single sane voice from your side cautioning him ?
What do you take the yoruba to be ?
When you have reformatted your brain to a sane default, the yoruba can consider unity. We can't be pushed around by anybody.

I like this comment.. it proves what i said is true...unlike some of ur brothers denyin it.
"UNITY OF THE SOUTHS" is a mirage as long as yorubas ar involved...
They keep sellin out back to back in every election.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Reacts To His Loss At Appeal Court / 'Northern Stakeholders Will Leave PDP If Wike Mistakenly Emerges As A Candidate' / Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.