Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town (43477 Views)

Lady Burns Her Wedding Dress As She Leaves Her Marriage In Style (photos) / Woman Divorces Husband 3 Minutes After Marriage In Kuwait For Calling Her Stupid / All You Need To Know About Court Marriage In Nigeria -Barr. Enwongo Cleopas. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by hammerF: 6:22pm On Apr 13, 2017
kikake:

Selling their Daughter? Unless you have money to buy wife.

A piece of advice: if you like any girl from Ubima, or you like a girl from any Igbo area, for a wife, just give her belle. At the sixth month, go to her parent's house to say you want to marry the girl. The parents shall be begging you to bring even a jar of palm wine and take your girl for a wife.

Guy that is a misunderstanding becos, if na selling, u no go fit afford am. U are just footing the bill for the occassion via purchasing the requirements. That woman is free to divorce u any time. She is ur wife and not ur property.
Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by Kirinwa: 6:22pm On Apr 13, 2017
grin Shebi rubber don get pant?
Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by kelly72: 6:24pm On Apr 13, 2017
I cannot open anybody's mouth.
I am not T.B. Joshua
Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by MzMay(f): 6:24pm On Apr 13, 2017
teelaw4life:
LMAO...this one is shifting from marriage to ponzi scheme already. In this case, the prospective husband can only PH while bride family go dey GH like chuddy.

angry angry
Lmao grin
Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by hammerF: 6:25pm On Apr 13, 2017
In Igboland, person dey build house, datch him inlaw finish, marry second wife or beat her, she go pack her things leave u. No refunds! That is to those of u with the selling mentality. Nobody is selling anything, just foot the bill for the requirements of the occassion. That is all, no long thing or long story, be a man.

Man no suppose to be for mouth and to climb woman born anyhow, Man is about taking charge and being responsible. U have to demonstrate convincingly that u are able and capable. Foot the bill 4 ur ceremony! Once in a lifetime ceremony! Igbos dont practice polygamy hence we are not expecting u to marry again in ur lifetime.

4 Likes

Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by GoldEnyong(m): 6:26pm On Apr 13, 2017
na provision shop dem wan open
Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by ideology(m): 6:43pm On Apr 13, 2017
bros calculate again, that list is already 1 million plus.

Beverages alone is almost 500k
erico2k2:

Wow well I don't think that's too much buying that stuff is not more than 300k some people spend far more than than on thier birthdays .
Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by nwobueze: 6:50pm On Apr 13, 2017
I know this is d handy work of Vicky that know. But d list no de expensive compared to our own family. Its cheaper. That means I will consider getting a second wife from ubima.
Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by slap1(m): 6:53pm On Apr 13, 2017
Atiku2019:
Marry a Kanuri cool

Is it more affordable? Connect me with one Kanuri babe na. Epp me. cry
Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by symbianDON(m): 6:59pm On Apr 13, 2017
in this recession man go de open bride mama mouth with a whole 5k!!! she better visit TB Joshua to open her mouth or else her name na dumb!
Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by Abagworo(m): 7:02pm On Apr 13, 2017
Yet everyday people marry from there without stress. 700k in cash equivalent can solve this list. My mother is just from a nearby community while my wife is from within.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by Anusiemgood(m): 7:03pm On Apr 13, 2017
God forbid bad thing..Haba
Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by AuroraB(f): 7:05pm On Apr 13, 2017
Keneking:
4 pages shocked

What about money for sucking mama's something shocked shocked

Wike's government should do something sef embarassed embarassed embarassed
have men not been paying for these before now Why e come reach one lazy man hand and the whole world is hearing it undecided
This women emancipation may not end well for some men as they've chosen to be excuses as 'wifey can do it, why should I bother' angry
Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by bibelo: 7:20pm On Apr 13, 2017
Nawao, you go even buy mother inlaw pants and bra.
Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by micfoley: 7:21pm On Apr 13, 2017
Enumeration fee ke?.....Na census.
Wetin dem wan carry that big family foam do abeg?

2 dozens of pant? Hmmmmmm

If the intending groom should buy all these and load into a vehicle foam and all, people will think he is relocating to the girl's village o
Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by iambliss: 7:25pm On Apr 13, 2017
Ngwanu na Ebinna family be dis ones. Poverty alleviation List. Lobatan.lol

1 Like

Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by tealaw(m): 7:31pm On Apr 13, 2017
When oyinbo woman dey wey go born goodlooking kids
Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by unstableaswater: 7:32pm On Apr 13, 2017
tealaw:

AlphaStyles:

so you support that list?

it's like una never hear of menopause

The problem is not the list but ur mentality.

If in yoruba land, the woman parents foot the bill for marriage, in igboland, u are expected to foot the bill for ur wedding and not the bride or her parents.

This culture shock is y we advice people to marry from within their tribe.

In the North they will flog u to prove that u are man enough for marriage.

Marriage cultures are customary and recognised by the constitution. Many culture around the world practice bride price, even they will ask for a certain number of cows.

If any culture is strange here, it is the yoruba culture that forces the bride and her parents to foot the bill becos of menopause.

1 Like

Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by tealaw(m): 7:38pm On Apr 13, 2017
Ur daughter toto must be laced with honey.
Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by unstableaswater: 7:40pm On Apr 13, 2017
Do u know y dey do this in the north to the intending groom?

Becos they already know he has no job or means to take care of the family and their daughter will suffer greatly. Sharo traditional flogging!

I endear my yoruba brothers to go and marry from the Fulani.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by AlphaStyles(m): 7:47pm On Apr 13, 2017
unstableaswater:

The problem is not the list but ur mentality.

If in yoruba land, the woman parents foot the bill for marriage, in igboland, u are expected to foot the bill for ur wedding and not the bride or her parents.

This culture shock is y we advice people to marry from within their tribe.

In the North they will flog u to prove that u are man enough for marriage.

Marriage cultures are customary and recognised by the constitution. Many culture around the worldpractice bride price, even they will cas for a certain number of cows.

If any culture is strange here it is the yoruba culture that forces the bride and her parents to foot the bill becos of menopause.

it's your mentality that has problems. so just to marry wife somebody should bring heaven and hell at the end of the day we hear of break up. I wonder what level your thinking faculty is at

how can you provide such nonsense for marriage that's why most of them are still single up till now

2 Likes

Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by unstableaswater: 7:49pm On Apr 13, 2017
AlphaStyles:

it's your mentality that has problems. so just to marry wife somebody should bring heaven and hell at the end of the day we hear of break up. I wonder what level your thinking faculty is at

That is y I say it is ur mentality that is the problem, let me ask u as a yoruba man, if u respect and value that yoruba woman u got free?

No other tribe in Nigeria insults their women like yoruba men.

No other group of men in Nigeria are desperate to marry from outside their tribe like yoruba men, yet the marriage is free.

Yorubas need to introduce bride price as a matter of urgency.

1 Like

Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by AlphaStyles(m): 7:50pm On Apr 13, 2017
tealaw:

I tell and them no go ask for such rubbish
Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by AlphaStyles(m): 7:51pm On Apr 13, 2017
unstableaswater:

That is y I say it is ur mentality that is the problem, let me ask u as a yoruba man, if u respect and value that yoruba woman u got free?

No other tribe in Nigeria insults their women like yoruba men.

No other group of men in Nigeria are desperate to marry from outside their tribe like yoruba men, yet the marriage is free.

Yorubas need to introduce bride price as a matter of urgency.

chair man am not a yoruba
Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by unstableaswater: 7:53pm On Apr 13, 2017
AlphaStyles:

chair man am not a yoruba

People generally value that which they labored to get.

Marriage is a once in a lifetime ceremony and u are expected to have set aside money for the occasions.

These eastern igbo cultures are monogamous. They are not designed to aid marriage of more than one wife.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by AlphaStyles(m): 7:55pm On Apr 13, 2017
unstableaswater:

People generally value that which they labored to get.

Marriage is a once in a lifetime ceremony and u are expected to have set aside money for the occasions.

These cultures are monogamous.

life time I will live to enjoy not regret later

2 Likes

Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by unstableaswater: 7:57pm On Apr 13, 2017
AlphaStyles:

life time I will live to enjoy not regret later

They are not designed to aid marriage of more than one wife.

In western world, they have child support for men that like to impreganate different women everywhere they go.

After u get them pregnant the government will go straight to ur account and pay the women monthly allowance from ur money.

Igbo culture will include the above into our state law or nation if we get Biafra.

We want to encourage a responsible and accountable society, Nigeria is really dragging us backward.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by AlphaStyles(m): 7:59pm On Apr 13, 2017
unstableaswater:

They are not designed to aid marriage of more than one wife.

In western world, they have child support for men that like to impreganate different women everywhere they go.

After u get them pregnant the government will go straight to ur account and pay the women monthly allowance from ur money.

Igbo culture will include above into our state law or nation if we get Biafra.

We want to encourage a responsible and accountable society, Nigeria is really dragging us backward.

no wonder so you be ipob
Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by unstableaswater: 7:59pm On Apr 13, 2017
AlphaStyles:

no wonder so you be ipob

Off point!

2 Likes

Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by unstableaswater: 8:03pm On Apr 13, 2017
Everything from alimony to divorce settlement for women should be debated by the senate and made law.

I am starting to think that yoruba men are one of the most irresponsible group of men in Nigeria.

They need to be checked before they sink the country further into decadence.

1 Like

Re: List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town by hollowway44: 8:13pm On Apr 13, 2017
This can't be real o...
The one cup of groundnut cracked me up grin

After marriage if the man begin maltreat their daughter now dey will say I didn't sell her o..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? / Two Ladies Declared Missing In Abuja (Photo) / Tomisin, Tomiwa And Toni: Triplets Share Their Birth Story On Their Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.