Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

How Do I Deal With The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Deal With The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage? (1000 Views)

The Dilemma In My Life Now, Please Help, I Need Advice Please / What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. / The Dilemma Of A Northern Guy Into Older Ladies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Deal With The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage? by BaesDiary: 4:30pm On Apr 13, 2017
She looked at me with tears in her eyes. I knew she was in pains, pains from the words of her to-be mother-in-law. I was moved. she had always been the good girl, the good girl with a big heart. And oh! She is the definition a wife material. Her fiancé knows this, and I guess that is the reason he wants to fight it to the end. he has told his mom to let him be and marry the girl of his choice, but the woman has been a thorn in his flesh,  a thorn in their flash.

To-be mother-in-law have sworn never to be a part of that marriage. The thought of his son ending up with a woman from another tribe was nauseating to her. What the hell was wrong with him? There are beautiful women from his tribe, that surround her, but his son was just too blind to see them. Maybe he has been bewitched by the lady he claims to love, who knows?

Fiance has tried all he could to make his mom love and accept his woman. Initially, his siblings loved the relationship, but before we knew it, mother has won them to her side. Okay, I get it, blood is thicker than water....

Babe has made up her mind to fight it through, this is a man that has given all of him for her to be a better person. In her words, "who would replace the sweetest man I ever know?". Babe doesn't care what the future holds with her future in-laws, as long as he wants her, she is ready to continue with the daily dose of  phone calls of threats and insults from her future in-laws. Inter-tribal marriage dilemma!

This brings us to these questions that beg some answers: 

1. Should we go into an intertribal marriage that lacks the consent, approval or happiness of our parents?

2. Should a woman who has the love and support of her man do what it takes to marry him and ignore signs of all the impending-troubles?

3. Why do people kick against inter-tribal marriages? Are there disadvantages of inter-tribal marriages?

This post first appeared on this blog - Bae's Diary!

Source: http://www.baesdiary.com.ng/2017/04/how-do-i-deal-with-dilemma-of-inter.html#more

Cc: lalasticlala
Rocktation
Re: How Do I Deal With The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage? by Michellla(f): 4:49pm On Apr 13, 2017
Contrary to what most people believe in,parents arn't always right. I feel all parents who forbid their children from getting married to the person they love because they belong to a different tribe/country/race need a serious reality check,stop being selfish,and respect their children's happiness and choices.
You owe it to the person you love,and most importantly yourself to stand up for what you want and believe in.
Let your parents bother about the world and society

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage? by luminouz(m): 7:01pm On Apr 13, 2017
Michellla:
Contrary to what most people believe in,parents arn't always right. I feel all parents who forbid their children from getting married to the person they love because they belong to a different tribe/country/race need a serious reality check,stop being selfish,and respect their children's happiness and choices.
You owe it to the person you love,and most importantly yourself to stand up for what you want and believe in.
Simple question? Am Yoruba!!! Can u marry me
BTW!!!! My folks are totally cool with whateva tribe I bring home!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 13, 2017
I can't indulge in intertribal marriage, the stress is unspeakable, and please don't tell me about love, love is not the first thing you consider before marriage, there are other factors like tribe, genotype, compatibility, religion etc.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage? by BaesDiary: 7:02am On Apr 14, 2017
Michellla:

Well said. Thank you.
Re: How Do I Deal With The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage? by BaesDiary: 7:04am On Apr 14, 2017
ToriBlue:
I can't indulge in intertribal marriage, the stress is unspeakable, and please don't tell me about love, love is not the first thing you consider before marriage, there are other factors like tribe, genotype, compatibility, religion etc.

You are right. Love isn't the only factor that hold a marriage together.

But will you just let go of the man just like that?
Re: How Do I Deal With The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage? by khiaa(f): 9:05am On Apr 16, 2017
luminouz:

Simple question? Am Yoruba!!! Can u marry me
BTW!!!! My folks are totally cool with whateva tribe I bring home!!!!

If it applies to you, Happy Easter. smiley
Re: How Do I Deal With The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage? by luminouz(m): 9:09am On Apr 16, 2017
khiaa:

If it applies to you, Happy Easter. smiley
Boo boo kitty babe kiss!!!! Happy Easter sunshine!!!!!
Here take two!!! kiss kiss
Re: How Do I Deal With The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage? by khiaa(f): 9:25am On Apr 16, 2017
luminouz post :=55610568:

Boo boo kitty babe kiss!!!! Happy Easter sunshine!!!!!
Here take two!!! kiss kiss

Awww! You are so sweet, right back at you.... kiss
Re: How Do I Deal With The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage? by geezyk(m): 10:11am On Apr 16, 2017
This hydra headed creature called tribalism has eaten deep into our roots, the multi ethnocentric nature of this country is what's killing it, How can your mum dictate how to live your life for you when you're old enough to make your own decisions, as for me I can marry anyone even if from the moon sef, as long as we're both happy doing it, and I know my family got my back too..

(1) (Reply)

Pressure To Marry Is Real / For Does That Have Ears / House Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.