Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,133 members, 7,860,070 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:39 AM

Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? (27760 Views)

This Are The Healthy Ways To Wash Your Vag!na And What To Avoid / Guys, Can You Wash Your Girlfriend's Clothes? / Can You Wash Your Girlfriend's Panties ? Please Say The Truth !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by chika98: 12:43pm On Jan 03, 2010
Oh my days! Now you lot are using the bible to support your slaves"ish" ways? Lord "Ha" mercy!
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by vanitty: 12:55pm On Jan 03, 2010
Funny how we can pick out whatever we choose, are you saying my own verse is not from the Bible as well undecided

why all this aggro sef, my initial post was for useless husbands no one else, if you ain't one then surely you must not mind it. Useless husbands want Ist class treatment - yeye people.

You know what, why don't you do a bit of research yourself, let your sensible friends (the one that treat their wives as eggs) tell you how their wives worship the ground they step on. Also, the fact that you have a "p.e.nis" does not make you a real man, quoting submission verses, have you done anything to warrant such treatment? you just don't get a woman to respect you enough to actually be submissive towards you, you have to earn it, if you like quote the whole bible
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ginky: 12:57pm On Jan 03, 2010
Ochuko,pls understand what am trying to say. You asked when did washing clothes becomes "all house chores".I replied that men expect so much from women. You also added that you have never seen any woman get old because of chores. What I was saying was that from the response I was getting from most men on this forum, it was clear that they expected their wives to be wonderwomen. Even one said that if his wife is tired,he would not say anything but expects her do the chores she couldn't attend to the next day. It's almost as if he doesn't care. Maybe the only thing he would do is go to work which his wife would also do. That alone puts pressure on the woman.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ginky: 12:57pm On Jan 03, 2010
Ochuko,pls understand what am trying to say. You asked when did washing clothes becomes "all house chores".I replied that men expect so much from women. You also added that you have never seen any woman get old because of chores. What I was saying was that from the response I was getting from most men on this forum, it was clear that they expected their wives to be wonderwomen. Even one said that if his wife is tired,he would not say anything but expects her do the chores she couldn't attend to the next day. It's almost as if he doesn't care. Maybe the only thing he would do is go to work which his wife would also do. That alone puts pressure on the woman.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ginky: 1:10pm On Jan 03, 2010
That's how they do. Some of them are not even christians not to talk about being born- agains but are quoting from the bible. mmttccheew
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Wrex(m): 1:14pm On Jan 03, 2010
it is not compulsary, is she my slave?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by luv4blues(m): 1:17pm On Jan 03, 2010
How can my so called wife tell me that she will not wash my cloth. Impossible! There are many domestic work I can assist in doing but 4 that, no option.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by chika98: 1:18pm On Jan 03, 2010
luv4blues:

How can my so called wife tell me that she will not wash my cloth. Impossible! There are many domestic work I can assist in doing but 4 that, no option.

And he joins the long queue.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by kobonaija: 1:24pm On Jan 03, 2010
Marriage is a priviledged relationship. I believe if your wife decides to be helpful enough out of love and wash your clothes, please count it as an act of love and service, and men, appreciate it.
Don't see marriage as slavery. Appreciate every act of love and kindness from your wife. That is how to keep your marriage, and most importantly, keep your wife admiringly at your finger tip. Hope you understand?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ruskiee(m): 1:38pm On Jan 03, 2010
Wash his clothes, do the dishes, take care of the kids, do the groceries, take out the trash, clean the house, do the cooking.
Err is there anything i am missing out here.

And what does the man do if it's a wife doing all these work in the home? And they say women are the weaker sex. undecided
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ochukoccna: 1:55pm On Jan 03, 2010
ginky:

Now I get U but yet U should have directed the post @ the board and not back @ what I posted. Doing that would have clarified your position prior to now. I'm not in the reasoning of 'most men on this forum'. @ least you would have seen that from my prior posts on this topic. Never the less, it's interesting we can communicate without hurling insults @ each other.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by titsqueez(m): 1:59pm On Jan 03, 2010
see these women making a big deal out of washing common clothes. The feminist march is really gathering strength. somebody even had the bad breath to spew rubbish that 'women create lives'. I believe the next item on the feminist agenda is the process of being  fully fleshed hermaphrodites. Lesbianism never do them  angry
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by becomrich16: 2:04pm On Jan 03, 2010
In nigeria, some women lie to them calling themself women freedom nonsense.
I think the problem is Nigeria women who have once lived abroad go back to nigeria and lie to them. 90% White women wash their husband clothes, they cook 90% of them do. I dont know where African got this nonsense ideas from. Have you heard of martha stewart she is a billionaire from cooking. She is white.

[img]http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/PLD/PLD426/women-cooking-kitchen_~px346028.jpg[/img]

?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=B69CC346F4EA641E941ABE6A4BC631EF[/img]

Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 03, 2010
In obodo oyibo,wives can tell their husbands anything and if he reacts, he is sued.But in nija wives do their hubbys laundry.So u mean after all i hav spent on razzling and toasting (ladies dis days love 'show working') apart from formalities, she ll sit down fold her hands and expect me to assist in house chores and on top of that do the laundries.ll send her back to her fathers house and collect my refund shi-ki -na.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Justcash(m): 2:20pm On Jan 03, 2010
No wonder Nigerian men now prefer to marry foriegners.

The point is why would I want to marry a Nigerian lady that will see issues with  a simple thing as washing my cloths, when there are hundreds of "Oyibo" babes dying to do more than that for me,  so that I can show them the type of obsessive love Naija men are known for?  
[b]
A typical Naija Man will feel more comfortable taking this bullshit from a foriegner than from a Nigerian lady because of the understandable cultural difference.

Since when did the "GENDER" question start in Nigeria?

God purnish satan!
[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by becomrich16: 2:24pm On Jan 03, 2010
Stop saying nonsense. 90% of white women are not hollywoman star who get divorce at will. Most of them live with thier husband and wash his clothes and not complain and cook for them.

White women call thier husband "couch potatoes" who sit around watching NFL or Hockey. Men are men, white or black or from china, 

Do you see those white woman complain. No, thier husband go do the lawn and remove the snow. That how it is done here.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ochukoccna: 2:35pm On Jan 03, 2010
chika98:

Oh my days! Now you lot are using the bible to support your slaves"ish" ways? Lord "Ha" mercy!
vanitty:

Funny how we can pick out whatever we choose, are you saying my own verse is not from the Bible as well undecided
Also, the fact that you have a "p.e.nis" does not make you a real man, quoting submission verses, have you done anything to warrant such treatment? you just don't get a woman to respect you enough to actually be submissive towards you, you have to earn it, if you like quote the whole bible

Hope you guys are reading and analyzing correctly with your mind. All you see from the Scriptures quoted is submission but not love or a man been alive to his marital responsibilities.
ochukoccna:

Another Scripture
1 Timothy 5:8
8 But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

ochukoccna:

@ Vanitty, this are New Testament Scriptures for you to check out regarding husband/wife relationships if that's what you were really trying to do in the 1st place. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Ephesians 5:22-25,33
22Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. 25[b]Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her----33However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself[/b], and the wife must respect her husband.

Colossians 3:18-19
18Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
19Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.

1Peter3:1-7
1Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. 3Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 5For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands, 6like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.
7[b]Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.[/b]

If U are willing to accept it, the Bible has never supported man having dominion over his fellow man much less a man lording over his wife. You guys seems to have this notion of submission as been slavish yet the same Scriptures say the husband should submit to Christ,that the man should love his wife and treat her with respect. Does the man now submitting to God or his wife submitting to him  now negate the free will God gave to all men? I believe you should go have a tête–à–tête with your pastor for better illumination on the meaning of submission rather than the Dark Ages defination you are clutching& holding on to.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by becomrich16: 2:40pm On Jan 03, 2010
ochukoccna , I note you point to the role of husband loving but do you see what the wife most first do before the husband love her in the verse above. She must first submit. verse 22

Submit first and husband would love you. Nobody loves a women who does not submit to her husband.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by aikuda(m): 2:49pm On Jan 03, 2010
I think I really like this topic. Even though many of us are taking our views to the extreme, but one thing is clear: there is something about washing clothes (even their own) that scares some Nigerian men, especially when they are married. I can understand that. Its a cultural thing. However, its culture that is changing with many young Nigerian men. Most men will readily do other house chores apart from washing their woman's clothing. In some places in Nigeria, they call a man that washes clothes at home a "woman wrapper" (a derogatory term for refering to a man who is inferior to his wife).  

In a typical Nigerian home, imagine what will happen, if a man sits outside washing a pile of clothes beside him while the wife is resting inside (even though it is because she is exhausted from doing other work), and the man's sister/mother and even mother in-law comes in. What do you think they will say in most cases.

My point is that the ladies should cut the guys that are really against washing clothes some slack (not that I agree with the way some are expressing their views). But you can help your man to shed this insecurity by encouraging him. Being authoritative won't work. I think any smart woman can get her man to do almost do anything for her.

As educated people, and city dwellers with access to the internet, its easy for us to argue this. Many women in the villages would consider it an abomination if their husbands attempt to wash their clothes. Also, there are many men who wants to help their wives by doing house chores, but think its a social suicide. My point is (don't know if I still have one) is that I agree with people that says are all relationship are not the same. Let's try to see from the other person's perspectives no matter how right we think we are on this issue.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by capsmo(m): 2:53pm On Jan 03, 2010
hmm, i'm sure someday we will have topics like "should i drink water after meals".
and then the debate starts.
folks, can we get more exciting topics pls?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by becomrich16: 3:15pm On Jan 03, 2010
The true is white people live better life than nigerian because white people work harder in what they do than nigerian. An average white woman get a job at the age of 14.  How many of you in lagos have a job at 14 years. None of you. The starting age to get a job here is 14 years. And by 18 years, they are living on thier own. A nigeria woman never do that . They never live on thier own unto over 30 years when they cant find anybody to marry them and ashame to continue to live in thier fathers house unmarried.

A white woman still cook, wash her husband clothes and still provide money for her home because she has a job.

When you compare with a nigeria woman abroad , whose husband works two jobs. And have 2 hours to come home before going to the next job. and she is sitting her behind at home, making calles to ajax, markham and africa,  And does not cook or wash her husband clothes. She still complain when he get back home. he has no food to eat. Do you think anyman would want to remain been married to that woman.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by THEAMAKA1: 3:22pm On Jan 03, 2010
becomrich;:

The true is white people live better life than nigerian because white people work harder in what they do than nigerian. An average white woman get a job at the age of 14.  How many of you in lagos have a job at 14 years. None of you. The starting age to get a job here is 14 years. And by 18 years, they are living on thier own. A nigeria woman never do that . They never live on thier own unto over 30 years when they cant find anybody to marry them and ashame to continue to live in thier fathers house unmarried.

A white woman still cook, wash her husband clothes and still provide money for her home because she has a job.

When you compare with a nigeria woman abroad , who husband works two jobs. And have 2 hours to come home before going to the next job. and she is sitting her behind at home, making calles to ajax, markham and africa,  And does not cook or wash her husband clothes. She still complain when he get back home. he has no food to eat. Do you think anyman would want to remain been married to that woman.
that's the dumbest shizz i've heard.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Ndeewonu: 3:39pm On Jan 03, 2010
@ginky,
You have murdered sleep today. Just know it! And b ready to take all d punches.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 03, 2010
I dont know what people are arguing about . . it's your respomsibility to make sure you husband's clothes are clean and well ironed. He might 'decide' to help you with it but make no mistake about it, it's you duty as his wife!

Modern day woman no reack this one!
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Omolulu(m): 3:50pm On Jan 03, 2010
becomrich;:

In nigeria, some women lie to them calling themself women freedom nonsense.
I think the problem is Nigeria women who have once lived abroad go back to nigeria and lie to them. 90% White women wash their husband clothes, they cook 90% of them do. I dont know where African got this nonsense ideas from. Have you heard of martha stewart she is a billionaire from cooking. She is white.

[img]http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/PLD/PLD426/women-cooking-kitchen_~px346028.jpg[/img]

?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=B69CC346F4EA641E941ABE6A4BC631EF[/img]

Becomrich no be dis one we want, give us the map of all the places where women wash their husbands clothes grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by jtkoko9(f): 4:02pm On Jan 03, 2010
it depends on the individual.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Ndeewonu: 4:07pm On Jan 03, 2010
Ujujoan:

I dont know what people are arguing about . . it's your respomsibility to make sure you husband's clothes are clean and well ironed. He might 'decide' to help you with it but make no mistake about it, it's you duty as his wife!

Modern day woman no reack this one!

Uju,
Tnx. Very few women r like you. My wife WASHES mine, altho the secondary ones. The primary clothes (Office & church wears) go to d dry cleaner.

Drawing a line from Becomrich's comment, i would like to know where u live. In Naija or abroad. Ur advice cld save a lot. Mayb u too stay abroad, and yet able to give this beautiful advice.

The truth is d mmore women want to b free, d more marriages crumble. Women asked for equality (What a man can do, ), they got it; they asked for liberation, and got it; now they have asked for WOMEN EMPOWERMENT and have got it too. I have no problem with all those.

Unfortunately, there are now more marriage crises & divorces than there were 10 years ago, decades ago and centuries ago. Many children trained without their fathers or mothers! Does it not show on the kids? Dont these children feel some sense of vacuum? Has it not promoted violence world-wide & added to d spate of teenage (& infant) immorality and breakdown in values? It all started with not washing clothes, b/c "We are not slaves!" Something ordinarily done out of love. But, it has fast taken difft dimensions.

I know some pple will attack me. But, WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN, I HAVE WRITTEN.

Ndeewonu.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by THEAMAKA1: 4:12pm On Jan 03, 2010
i seriously think marriage is overrated.
even every nollywood movie is about marriage. is it that serious?
gosh, some people.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by woye77: 4:15pm On Jan 03, 2010
i think it's time to ditch this topic and move on - 11 pages on a trashy issue like this is waste of time and space and only boosts the ego of the poster shocked
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ginky: 4:25pm On Jan 03, 2010
Becomrich,your post doesn't make sense. The question is if it's compulsory for a woman to wash her husband's clothes. It's not in any way related to cooking food. I don't understand why you guys are exaggerating everything. That woman whose picture you put all over the thread is a cook by profession so why are you using her as an example? Is she perfect? Do you even know her personally? You are just acting(I really want to believe it's all an act) SHALLOW. Pls,try to dig deep. Even if you must use a celebrity,use a 9ja one. @woye-what's your problem? Please,if you don't have anything meaningful to say,then shutup.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ochukoccna: 4:26pm On Jan 03, 2010
Omolulu:

Becomrich no be dis one we want, give us the map of all the places where women wash their husbands clothes grin grin grin grin grin
LMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

How Lagos Big Girls Offer Us Free $3X For Tattoo – Tattoo Artists Reveal / Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? / Ladies What Romantic Gestures Would You Appreciate From Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.