Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:15 AM

Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? (27764 Views)

This Are The Healthy Ways To Wash Your Vag!na And What To Avoid / Guys, Can You Wash Your Girlfriend's Clothes? / Can You Wash Your Girlfriend's Panties ? Please Say The Truth !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by solidgold(m): 2:26pm On Jan 04, 2010
why you fit wash am
but you fit dey collect him moni cool cool cool
abi make hin dey go work naked grin grin
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by kidsam: 2:53pm On Jan 04, 2010
All kinds of reply flooding in, horrible ones and good ones, there are some that show the level of "dementedness" of the writer.
My take:
Whatever you are willing to do for your marriage (whether wash clothes or even wash your spouse) is determined by how much you value that marriage. Gbam!
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ogbori(m): 2:56pm On Jan 04, 2010
[/quote][quote author=Ebonyeyes link=topic=374266.msg5245851#msg5245851 date=1262610016]
So in essence, this young lady should continue to suffer in silence? God help women in Nigeria.

If a lady can do some job for a wrong kind of boss who shows no appreciation and never stop complaining cheesy  why not, as sacrifice lipsrsealed, for a man she claim to love kiss , who work his ass to sustain the same family  grin. , ,
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Remii(m): 3:04pm On Jan 04, 2010
All this ranting about washing cloth or not is part of effects late marriage, if girls are married between 21-25yrs, a period when the still wash and do chores at their parents home they would not find it strange washing anyones cloths. These days girls are marrying at age of 28 and above, some already have househelps or younger ones doing all these chores for them. So going back to do them may be somehow.
Going by some comments on this trend, very soon women would contest who should carry pregnancy for 9mths, young men get ready for the time when these daughters of Eve would ask you to develop womb if you want a baby.  lol.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by kidsam: 3:15pm On Jan 04, 2010
Well said Remi
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Abekeade08(f): 4:27pm On Jan 04, 2010
what is the big deal with a woman washing her husband's clothes. Na wah for una ooh. Men are like big babies, treat your husband well and take care of him and you will have him eating out your hand. He will treasure you because he knows where his bread is currently buttered.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Esibi(m): 4:30pm On Jan 04, 2010
Where both partners have mutual respect for each other, there is no such thing as 'it is compulsory for the husband or the wife to do one thing or the other'. The exception to this view are the naturally roles of who donates the egg and who donates the sperm.

A woman may be the one empowered to build the family house while the man may be the one available to wash the dishes and cook the familiy meal.

I speak as a married man.

I had to wash my wifes' clothes along with those of my baby and myself just yesterday and I felt happy doing that while she (my wife) prepares our dinner.

There is joy in making life easy for others (most especially for those who you truly love).

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Theblessed(f): 4:32pm On Jan 04, 2010
harakiri:

If you continue with this bimbo mentality of yours, i promise you. . .fifteen years from now, YOU WILL STILL BE SINGLE! ! !

Mark my words (everyone)

[b]Hey, bro! 

Inasmuch as I don't support the idea of a wife not washing her husbands clothes, I want to make it clear to you that 'marriage' is not COMPULSORY.  It is choice!

In your writing, you mentioned how the lady would still remain single in 15yrs from now as if, marriage is compulsory and in fact, her life would not be fulfilled without it, really Well, I want you to understand that, marriage is not made for everyone besides, there are alternatives to marriage. We were never told that Adam and Eve were married in any Registry Office or Church or Synagogue or Mosque to make them full and complete husband and wife, were we? Yet, they were COMPANIONS to each other and went on to have their own children, didn't they? Doing so, did it change the ideas about marriage or strengthened it?  What they did is symbolic of what most people are doing today however, there is a difference - the law of God is far, far different to that of man. Theirs were God's intention and that's the difference. .  

Again, you said women want children more that men do after all, why do they have their wombs? I would like to word the same question differently - what is the primary purpose of humans (males/female) sex organs? You see, women want children for different reasons from men (emotional, to experience motherhood, fulfilment and to procreate etc) whilst men definitely want them for procreation i.e. keeping the family name 'Rolling' as well as giving them pleasure and a sense of having a child of their own (blood and flesh).  So, both equally need children hence men and women are EQUAL in the presence of God. Therefore, God made this possible through procreation as both could not have children without the other. Try it if you can and see whether it's a macho thing! You both have to bring in your halves to make ONE WHOLE NUMBER i.e produce one complete human being! So, women should be respected and treated as equals because, without their own halves, there's no family name, period! 

Again, having children is not compulsory.  We don't have to have them if we don't want to as having children or not, is one of those CHOICES one has to make in life.  Because it's choice, it's not compulsory that we should all procreate and if it was, why is it that some people are deprived of that by nature - deprived from experiencing the joys of fatherhood/motherhood? Yes, it's true in this modern times, Technology has tried its best at reversing the plans of nature yet, this Technology belongs to God and so far, not everyone is succeeding with its products e.g. IVF (In-vitro Fertilisation) etc because, nature still has control on things - God's will must be done!. 

My brother in your writing, I could sense some antagonisms about women please, respect them and treat them as equals and not as MASTER and SLAVES, not in this modern times, anyway.  If I should borrow your words, 'there are many divorces in the US and the UK' but I ask, who is the loser here Everyone loses but some people lose more than others and that's MEN!

Yes, women would lose their home, security and standard of living hence poverty would strike and strike hard however, men would not only lose money, their home, family unit , sense of self and now wait for the big one - LONELINESS that nearly killed them in the Garden of Eden, remember? grin grin grin grin grin grin So, don't go there! In this modern times, if you really want a peaceful and long lasting marriage in your life, treat your wife with LOVE, RESPECT and as EQUALS that way, she will RECIPROCATE 110% to the envy of your friends and neighbours because, we women know how to give a man a good loving! Try it!!
[/b]
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Theblessed(f): 4:45pm On Jan 04, 2010
Esibi:

Where both partners have mutual respect for each other, there is no such thing as 'it is compulsory for the husband or the wife to do one thing or the other'. The exception to this view are the naturally roles of who donates the egg and who donates the spermatozoa.

A woman may be the one empowered to build the family house while the man may be the one available to wash the dishes and cook the familiy meal.

I had to wash my wifes' clothes along with those of my baby and myself just yesterday and I felt happy doing that while she (my wife) prepares our dinner.
There is joy in making life easy for others (most especially for those who you truly love).

Love you man!!!! God bless you! Wish some have your kind of understanding and love of family.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ancel(m): 4:57pm On Jan 04, 2010
Theblessed: Sorry to say this, but those large purple letters are a pain on the eye  sad (or is it only me?  ). Please use a smaller font or another color next time, ma. Thank you for your understanding.  cool
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Meldrick(m): 5:02pm On Jan 04, 2010
Abekeade08:

what is the big deal with a woman washing her husband's clothes. Na wah for una ooh. Men are like big babies, treat your husband well and take care of him and you will have him eating out your hand. He will treasure you because knows where his bread is currently buttered.

Oh Oh Oh!!!! Iam impressed. You are sweet girl. I wish other ladies could reason like you, there will be nothing like divorce.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Abekeade08(f): 5:24pm On Jan 04, 2010
Oh Oh Oh!!!! Iam impressed. You are sweet girl. I wish other ladies could reason like you, there will be nothing like divorce.

I think the problem with a lot of the other ladies who disagree with this issue is westernanization. My mother is a Trinidadian who has been sucessfully married to my Nigerian father for 35years. She is a strong willed woman but she understands what it means to be submissive and play the role of a good wife. I am a Yoruba Nigerian girl who has been living in the U.S for 11 years however I have not forgotten my culture or how i was raised. If women took care of their husbands needs both in the home and in bed, there would be less running around by Nigerian men.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ancel(m): 5:32pm On Jan 04, 2010
Abekeade, omo mama e! cheesy You have spoken very well. May your days be long.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Abekeade08(f): 5:40pm On Jan 04, 2010
Abekeade, omo mama e! You have spoken very well. May your days be long.

Ese pupo. Just giving my own 2 cents.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by koolchicco: 5:49pm On Jan 04, 2010
Abekeade08:

what is the big deal with a woman washing her husband's clothes. Na wah for una ooh. Men are like big babies, treat your husband well and take care of him and you will have him eating out your hand. He will treasure you because he knows where his bread is currently buttered.

Abekeade08:

I think the problem with a lot of the other ladies who disagree with this issue is westernanization. My mother is a Trinidadian who has been sucessfully married to my Nigerian father for 35years. She is a strong willed woman but she understands what it means to be submissive and play the role of a good wife. I am a Yoruba Nigerian girl who has been living in the U.S for 11 years however I have not forgotten my culture or how i was raised. If women took care of their husbands needs both in the home and in bed, there would be less running around by Nigerian men.

Long May You Live!!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by gidson12(m): 6:15pm On Jan 04, 2010
pls keep the fire of love ever burning, so they said wink
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by beknown(m): 6:35pm On Jan 04, 2010
It is compulsory just as it is compulsory for the husband to look after his wife and children.

Husband and Wife is not the same as Boyfriend and Girlfriend.

Husband and Wife is the result of a long-lasting and life-long commitment called Marriage.

It will be injustice for any unmarried man or woman to comment on this thread.

Marriage is not a game for children.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by beknown(m): 6:44pm On Jan 04, 2010
@Abekeade08,

If every woman in a marriage reason like you, divorce will be a big vocabulary.

Please keep it up and encourage your friends to tow the same line.

A good marriage breeds responsible children and eventually, a good society.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by omeminiyen: 7:08pm On Jan 04, 2010
@ginky: thank for bring up this question. It is very much appreciated.

Washing a husband cloth is not an obligation on the woman but something she can do out of love for the husband once in awhile. Even with the availability of washing machine, the husband should not see it as a duty of the wife to wash his cloth. I guess a lot of woman her brought up to accept certain roles and never dim to challenge those roles and the culture or people that have it in place. washing husband' cloth is not a duty my papa obligated mai mama to do, it was a choice done out of love.
@talknafree: the guy that leaves a woman he supposing love becos he can't do his laundary or share household chores is a player. he probably used that as an excuse to let go.
@mannylex: family and friends shouldn't not pokenose into a husband and wife lifestyle and whatever arrangemnt they have in place in helping each other out.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by omeminiyen: 7:18pm On Jan 04, 2010
@ESIBI:

SO GLAD THERE IS SOMEONE LIKE YOU OUT THERE. LOVE YOUR REPLY

Where both partners have mutual respect for each other, there is no such thing as 'it is compulsory for the husband or the wife to do one thing or the other'. The exception to this view are the naturally roles of who donates the egg and who donates the spermatozoa.

Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by Pharoh: 7:24pm On Jan 04, 2010
Abekeade08:

God will bless you, your thoughts and the hands that raised you up, you will surely find a good husband. Keep it up and preach it to the ladies around you. kiss
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by hax: 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2010
All you evil women on NL. How will you just sit and watch your poor husband while he's washing clothes? Chei. Be kind and help him naw? grin
I will ban my wife from browsing on this site when I get married. Can't have you all corrupting her and putting silly ideas in her head. Wash plate together. Wash clothes together. Haba! lmao grin
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by chiogo(f): 7:43pm On Jan 04, 2010
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Chai!!! Wetin person no go read for this Nairaland?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by olowolekan(m): 10:29pm On Jan 04, 2010
This thing belong to women.They should wash am well well
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by bolanleodu: 2:18am On Jan 05, 2010
I can see one has to pray harder to get a good wife nowadays, No wonder most marriages dont last.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by harakiri(m): 3:19am On Jan 05, 2010
bolanleodu:

I can see one has to pray harder to get a good wife nowadays,  No wonder most marriages dont last.

That's my point exactly and i discussed this issue on this thread : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-375312.0.html

And they keep wondering why divorce is on the rise these days.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ebonyking: 3:56am On Jan 05, 2010
I can't really understand the morale of this post

But I must say that the replies I saw here really frightens me

'cos if our ladies will have descend so low as post such things

I for-see a  dangerous phenomenon in the marriage arena very soon

May God help us indeed, especially the un-married

I had a very nasty experience with babe recently who spent some days

at my place. She was everything in bed but guess what?

Whenever I asked her to boil spaghetti she complains and thinking

she might not know how.I asked her to boil rice so that we might

eat. Guys she started raking, telling me how wicked and uncaring I am and so on and so on

I have to do it, we ate together but guess what?

I quickly forget about her as soon she left 'cos

that's is not the kind of ladies of I will like to have in my life,shekina!
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by GL(f): 4:25am On Jan 05, 2010
it's not doing housework that makes women feel like slaves, it's the way people around react to a woman doing housework that does. a woman lovingly does her husband's laundry and he goes into a rage over a missing sock when there are so many others. a woman goes out of her way to make an elaborate dinner for a man and he complains that there isnt enough salt/ soup is too thick. a man's relatives complain about the wife's inability to cook their local food, ignoring how well she cooks other foods. that's what makes women feel like slaves.

i don't know why the guys complaining here can't just calm down and read through the ladies' posts. most ladies here aren't saying they can NOT wash their husbands clothes. they are saying they CAN but they are NOT obliged to do so. and even more importantly, many of us have posted that we would gladly do a guys laundry IF he is appreciative of our efforts.

seriously, is it too much to ask that you appreciate what a woman does for you. i think the problem is many men don't want to feel grateful, they want to feel like the woman has to do it since they do something else. i know some guys actually appreciate these things. but i've seen too many men who never ever appreciated anything their wives did. a man who got angry because the wife served the same soup twice in a week, yet this woman was the one working to sustain the family.

i tend to appreciate things people do for me out of their own will than things people do out of obligation. that someone sacrifices herself for love and not out of duty, it gives the sacrifice so much more value. so i find it shocking that guys aren't happy to see that their wives don't see housework as an obligation. the truth is cleaning comes naturally to most women, we don't necessarily notice it until someone takes advantage of it.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by metalgong5(m): 4:33am On Jan 05, 2010
Chei , , , Most of these Nairaland ladies makes pesin to start thinking about being a revered father shocked. Honestly, the ladies I know do not talk or reason like most nairaland babes.

@ Abekeada08, thank you very much for your nice input.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by ancel(m): 4:38am On Jan 05, 2010
GL:

it's not doing housework that makes women feel like slaves, it's the way people around react to a woman doing housework that does. a woman lovingly does her husband's laundry and he goes into a rage over a missing sock when there are so many others. a woman goes out of her way to make an elaborate dinner for a man and he complains that there isnt enough salt/ soup is too thick. a man's relatives complain about the wife's inability to cook their local food, ignoring how well she cooks other foods. that's what makes women feel like slaves.

i don't know why the guys complaining here can't just calm down and read through the ladies' posts. most ladies here aren't saying they can NOT wash their husbands clothes. they are saying they CAN but they are NOT obliged to do so. and even more importantly, many of us have posted that we would gladly do a guys laundry IF he is appreciative of our efforts.

seriously, is it too much to ask that you appreciate what a woman does for you. i think the problem is many men don't want to feel grateful, they want to feel like the woman has to do it since they do something else. i know some guys actually appreciate these things. but i've seen too many men who never ever appreciated anything their wives did. a man who got angry because the wife served the same soup twice in a week, yet this woman was the one working to sustain the family.

i tend to appreciate things people do for me out of their own will than things people do out of obligation. that someone sacrifices herself for love and not out of duty, it gives the sacrifice so much more value. so i find it shocking that guys aren't happy to see that their wives don't see housework as an obligation. the truth is cleaning comes naturally to most women, we don't necessarily notice it until someone takes advantage of it.
@GL: And now, THAT is another topic entirely, I hope you know? Human beings are fundamentally selfish and ungrateful unless they are forced to be otherwise, or unless love has taken over their hearts. We can't say that women should generally kick against those "compulsory" roles[i] just because[/i] some men are ungrateful and condescending! That will be like saying that guys should always have a mistress - that worships them - as an emotional reserve, a backup, somewhere because some women nag their husbands to the point of utmost vexation; or that men should not always provide for the home because some wives take the money that the hardworking husband provides and waste it on trivialities. Your point about slave-driving is an entirely different case, even though related to the topic, IMO.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wash Your Husband's Clothes? by GL(f): 4:58am On Jan 05, 2010
ancel:

@GL: And now, THAT is another topic entirely, I hope you know? Human beings are fundamentally selfish and ungrateful unless they are forced to be otherwise, or unless love has taken over their hearts. We can't say that women should generally kick against those "compulsory" roles[i] just because[/i] some men are ungrateful and condescending! That will be like saying that guys should always have a mistress - that worships them - as an emotional reserve, a backup, somewhere because some women nag their husbands to the point of utmost vexation; or that men should not always provide for the home because some wives take the money that the hardworking husband provides and waste it on trivialities. Your point about slave-driving is an entirely different case, even though related to the topic, IMO.

i think women only have problems doing these things for guys because they don't want to be taken advantage of. if men were perfect (but no one is) i guess majority of women would even hand-wash for guys. we tend to be wired that way, see how women go to extreme lengths for their kids. i'm sure many women want to be able to do the same for their man, problem is that once you start doing it he takes you for granted. btw, i'm not for a woman abandoning housekeeping totally. i just dont think she has to do it herself if she doesnt want to, she can get hired help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Meet The Hottest Black Nurse On Instagram: Her Large Breasts Can Cure Diseases. / Ladies What Romantic Gestures Would You Appreciate From Men / How Lagos Big Girls Offer Us Free $3X For Tattoo – Tattoo Artists Reveal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.