Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

ASK GAZZUZZ - Autos (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ASK GAZZUZZ (614119 Views)

Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. / When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey / Gazzuzz Inspected Vehicles (lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (407) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by elshanAutos: 8:11pm On Jun 08, 2017
Durchmann:

grin grin grin grin

Hi boss.

Thought i should call but i felt that your opinion may also come handy for others.

Due to the annoying roads in the location where I live, I'm thinking of getting an SUV to take off much load from my car.

My thoughts are going towards the Ford Edge 2007-2009, Toyota Prado 2005-2008 or the Lexus RX330 2004-2007.

I'd like your opinion on these vehicles as they all have their pros and cons in my head and I've been having difficulties reaching a final decision.

Thanks in advance, sir.
Only seemingly proper SUV up there is the Prado, the rest are just sedans on stilletos.

4 Likes

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:16pm On Jun 08, 2017
project8:
evenin sire.
pls my peugot 406 ,prestige temperature goes up and even splash d water while i was on my way to work.got an electrician he claimed the car far stops so the carbon brush need to he replaced whic he did.bt i notice when am driving above 120km/hr the temperature rises.so i am lost as to y and wat cud be d issue.note that d fan now works perfectly

bleed the system.

If it does not work check for leaks and fix them.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by cyborg123(m): 8:19pm On Jun 08, 2017
elshanAutos:

Only seemingly proper SUV up there is the Prado, the rest are just sedans on stilletos.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:57pm On Jun 08, 2017
elshanAutos:

Very smart boi. How's the weather? wink

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Ativ: 11:57pm On Jun 08, 2017
Oga Gazzuzz. The AC of my 98 Avensis 1.8 manual does not cool in traffic. Only cools when the car is moving. What can the problem be?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by project8(m): 4:04am On Jun 09, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

bleed the system.

If it does not work check for leaks and fix them.
noted sir.wil update u on the progress
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:49am On Jun 09, 2017
Ativ:
Oga Gazzuzz. The AC of my 98 Avensis 1.8 manual does not cool in traffic. Only cools when the car is moving. What can the problem be?

the ususal culprit is a failing compressor, but system should undergo diagnosis
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by adanny01(m): 1:38pm On Jun 09, 2017
purespikes:
Hi Oga Gazzuzz. my 2009 honda accord 2.4L, EX-L Sedan uses a K24Z3 engine. When i had to change the engine, it was replaced with K24Z2 type meant for LX series of the same model. i notice the car does run great as it should. Can i still use the engine or i have to change it? i've been using the car like that for over a year. it is not doing badly except that it doesn't run great. thanks

I have replaced this engine before and i made some search on the differences.

There are very little differences on cars with these engines. Z3 which comes with EX and EX-L has higher RPM, more hp, different ECU tunning and larger exhaust. The only physical difference is the VTEC sensor. The Z3 and Z2 have same mounts and oil routing holes but the sensor isnt the same. The sensor in Z3 has 4 sockets while Z2 has 2. It means that the Z3 has VTEC system on both intake and exhaust valve system and the Z2 has VTEC only on the intake valvr system.

Effectively, it means the only difference may be found in the cylinder head.

I want to believe the ECU of EX has one way of detecting a Z2 which is lack of the Exhaust VTEC. I want to believe that the check engine light will be illuminated permanently due to VTEC solenoid stuck on or off.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by purespikes: 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2017
adanny01:

There are very little differences on cars with these engines. Z3 which comes with EX and EX-L has higher RPM, more hp, different ECU tunning and larger exhaust. The only physical difference is the VTEC sensor. The Z3 and Z2 have same mounts and oil routing holes but the sensor isnt the same. The sensor in Z3 has 4 sockets while Z2 has 2. It means that the Z3 has VTEC system on both intake and exhaust valve system and the Z2 has VTEC only on the intake valvr system.

I want to believe the ECU of EX has one way of detecting a Z2 which is lack of the Exhaust VTEC. I want to believe that the check engine light will be illuminated permanently due to VTEC solenoid stuck on or off.

Thanks immensely, God bless. As explained in my post, i want to know if i should continue using the engine or i should change to the z3, since i don't want damages on other parts like transmission and all that. Like i said, the engine is doing fine only that it does not rev up as fast as i expect. one it picks, it runs good. thanks again
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by purespikes: 2:23pm On Jun 09, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

what i am trying to say is that the engine does not rev or pick up as fast as i expect. like it doesnt move quickly from the start position. onece it picks, it runs ok
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:38pm On Jun 09, 2017
adanny01:

Excellent observation, Z2 177HP Z3190HP. Main difference is pointed above.
Tweaking the engine ecu dual Vtech sensors, Higher RPM limits, and you can achieve 190HP on the k24aZ3
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2017
purespikes:

Thanks immensely, God bless. As explained in my post, i want to know if i should continue using the engine or i should change to the z3, since i don't want damages on other parts like transmission and all that. Like i said, the engine is doing fine only that it does not rev up as fast as i expect. one it picks, it runs good. thanks again

Where are you located? If lagos give me a call. 08033910382
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by lymelyte(m): 7:39pm On Jun 09, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

what type of lexus?
oga gazzuzz, you nor answer me again. Also, my car is blinking maintenance reqd. What should I do?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:55pm On Jun 09, 2017
lymelyte:
oga gazzuzz, you nor answer me again. Also, my car is blinking maintenance reqd. What should I do?

Please quote original post.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 09, 2017
@Gazzuzz, please what's you take on an "03 Toyota Avalon. is it a good buy
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by emeritus00(m): 8:34pm On Jun 09, 2017
I own Honda Civic 2004 Manual Transmission
I have bought three tokunbo LHS drive axle (drive shaft) but none of them fitted well to differential. They are shorter therefore were not completely entered the differential and the gear oil leaking.
Mechanics bought the first two for me but when i discovered the solution is not forthcoming I decided to buy and fix it myself. When I bought the last one, it didnt fit well, I return it and told the guy to find me MT one. The one he now gave me was really close. Its longer but didnt not enter the differential completely (it made the locking sound wen pushing it in) but the hole inside the differential is long enough to contain it. Am thinking even if it enter the differential well it will be shorter at the other end of the hub.
The pictures I saw online look the same with all the ones I have bought but I discovered their lengths are not same but all look the same. Both inner and outer CV joints have the same length.
Am I buying the wrong one or is there a way to do it. I dont mind buying another one either tokunbo or new if it will completely solve the issue.

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:48pm On Jun 09, 2017
emeritus00:
I own Honda Civic 2004 Manual Transmission
I have bought three tokunbo LHS drive axle (drive shaft) but none of them fitted well to differential. They are shorter therefore were not completely entered the differential and the gear oil leaking.
Mechanics bought the first two for me but when i discovered the solution is not forthcoming I decided to buy and fix it myself. When I bought the last one, it didnt fit well, I return it and told the guy to find me MT one. The one he now gave me was really close. Its longer but didnt not enter the differential completely (it made the locking sound wen pushing it in) but the hole inside the differential is long enough to contain it. Am thinking even if it enter the differential well it will be shorter at the other end of the hub.
The pictures I saw online look the same with all the ones I have bought but I discovered their lengths are not same but all look the same. Both inner and outer CV joints have the same length.
Am I buying the wrong one or is there a way to do it. I dont mind buying another one either tokunbo or new if it will completely solve the issue.

This is obviously the wrong CV joint. Where is the original old one that fits? It will be a herculean task getting the MT CV joint inner side, but very possible.

Where is the old one?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by lymelyte(m): 8:50pm On Jun 09, 2017
lymelyte:
Oga gazuzz, I recently purchased a Lexus ES 330, what routine should the car undergo to be in top shape always. I am an amateur. This is my first car.
bro gazzuzz, you didn't respond to me. Also, my Lexus blinks main reqd for like 15sec when starting it.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by emeritus00(m): 9:14pm On Jun 09, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

This is obviously the wrong CV joint. Where is the original old one that fits? It will be a herculean task getting the MT CV joint inner side, but very possible.

Where is the old one?
Thanks sir for quick response. The inner CV joint of old one is the same as well. Was not sure if it was well fitted when I bought the car used.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by adanny01(m): 9:43pm On Jun 09, 2017
purespikes:

If you have money to waste, you can go ahead with replacing it. I cant imagine any damage to any other component by this engine. It will never give you the Z3 feel if thats what you want to hear.

If you want to sell the Z2 i think my friend would consider buying from you if its affordable which will be far better than you will get from any engine seller.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2017
lymelyte:
bro gazzuzz, you didn't respond to me. Also, my Lexus blinks main reqd for like 15sec when starting it.

Time for an oil change
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:11pm On Jun 09, 2017
Joseankles:
@Gazzuzz, please what's you take on an "03 Toyota Avalon. is it a good buy

you called, you said its your first car.

I personally do not like the 03avalon, long and bulky and terrible gas mileage.

Something smaller and smart will be more befitting it's my personal view.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by lymelyte(m): 12:55am On Jun 10, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Time for an oil change
is it safe to change the oil myself or ? And please which oil should I go for?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:51am On Jun 10, 2017
lymelyte:
is it safe to change the oil myself or ? And please which oil should I go for?

you said you just got the car toks, so search top left side of the windsheild for the service tag, it will tell you what type of oil was last used to service. If it's not there search the documents that came with the car, if not there also, you can tell lake an educated guess by checking the texture and weight of the present oil, so do not be in a hurry to throw it away.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by herrlekan(m): 9:42am On Jun 10, 2017
Good morning Gazzuzz, thank you very much for rendering selfless service to Nairaland community. I want to buy a tokunbo 2004 Kia Carens 1800cc I4 but want to tap from your knowledge if it is a good car to buy? Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:05am On Jun 10, 2017
herrlekan:
Good morning Gazzuzz, thank you very much for rendering selfless service to Nairaland community. I want to buy a tokunbo 2004 Kia Carens 1800cc I4 but want to tap from your knowledge if it is a good car to buy? Thanks in anticipation of your response.

Very good vehicle. Change timing belt if you do not know the Replacement interval.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by lymelyte(m): 10:15am On Jun 10, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

you said you just got the car toks, so search top left side of the windsheild for the service tag, it will tell you what type of oil was last used to service. If it's not there search the documents that came with the car, if not there also, you can tell lake an educated guess by checking the texture and weight of the present oil, so do not be in a hurry to throw it away.
ok boss. I will check that asap..
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ugreat(m): 1:21pm On Jun 10, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

are you sure it is bad? Go to ladipo in mushin with the old one in your hand, you will not walk 20footsteps before 1 baranda (middle) man will tell you oga airflow meter I get am
Oga Gazzuzz, I have bought a new mass airflow meter and fixed. It doesn't power off the engine like the other one, but i notice that the car doesn't go more than 2000rpm on motion. Also, sometimes it seems the accelerator is cut off even when pressed down. Any advice please?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by wowdiva: 2:22pm On Jun 10, 2017
Oga Gazzuzz, great job you are going here. Abeg what is your take on a 2007 Liberty jeep. The maintenance cost and availability of parts. I stay in lagos
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by MDCEO1: 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2017
Oga Gazzuzz, my Nissan Altima 2003 keeps going off intermittently while in motion, for no obvious reason.
While driving at any time, the car just seems to trip off and go off, with the AC and power windows still working.
Then when you try to restart it, it cranks for some time before coming on, like its trying to start but finding it hard to start.
Sometimes it restarts immediately, but most times, you have to crank it like 2-3 seconds before it restarts. Sometimes I have to pump the accelerator pedal a few times while cranking it, before it restarts.
Was scanned some time ago (at least my mechanic claimed he took it for a scan), with no definite results. Can't get the results of the last scan.
However the problem still persisted.
Had the fuel pump changed like 1-2 months ago (because the car was not starting at all at that time and my mech said the fuel pump had gone bad), the problem seemed to abate for a few days/weeks and restarted again after that.
I've noticed it seems to be particularly worse after rains, can trip off 4-5 times in a 15 minute trip, but sometimes may not occur at all for one or several short trips.
Any ideas on what the issue is??
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by nnamdibig(m): 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2017
Mr Gazzuzz, Golf 4 engine overheats when AC is on.
Pls what could be the problem?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by herrlekan(m): 6:52pm On Jun 10, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Very good vehicle. Change timing belt if you do not know the Replacement interval.

Thank you so much my Oga at the top

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (407) (Reply)

Free Honda Radio Unlock Codes. Up To Year 2009. K.k Business Asoc. Ltd / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.