Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,538 members, 7,837,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu (33307 Views)

Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions / Dino Melaye Prostrates For Oyedepo, Pictured With Osinbajo, GEJ At Dunamis / Aisha Buhari Returns From UK, Says Buhari is Happy With Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by potent5(m): 9:45am On Apr 16, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Tell Saraki to step down cos he still has a case to answer. You re defending rogues who will loot constituency projects allowance. They arr yet to declare all the monies they get.
Wetin concern Saraki? Is he the Senate that rejected Magu?

The law of the land gives the Senate a job to do and the Senate has done that job and you are here saying it should have been done differently. How dare you!
Is the Senate supposed to be a mere rubber stamp for a predetermined outcome?

The way you people are going in this country, one day the Executive, after losing a case at the Supreme Court, will insist on refiling it until it gets a favorable, but predetermined, outcome.

1 Like

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by Kiakia(m): 9:46am On Apr 16, 2017
The Vice President may be right when he stated that the appointment of Magu by the President does not need legislative approval. According to Sec. 171(1) and (2) of the Constitution, legislative approval is not required for the appointment of EFCC Chairman.

1 Like

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by gberra: 9:46am On Apr 16, 2017
checkolatunji:

Igbo Christian that's what you do best. When you see Afonja story you start to criticise without basis.

Only Igbo Muslim get brain among una
Bro, this narrative of igbo Muslim makes hell a lot of sense. We should begin to hammer the skuls of igbo Christians with the reality of igbo Muslims... Their suffering has just begun.

Igbos always cry embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by Bondes: 9:48am On Apr 16, 2017
I think the upper chamber should be scrapped. The lower chamber prove to be more responsible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by seguntijan(m): 9:50am On Apr 16, 2017
It's obvious they didn't have any case abinitio. They lost fair and square, instead of accepting defeat they decided to subject judicial process with frivolities. I think there should be a stiff penalty for those who want to subject judicial process with frivolities when they knew they have no case.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 16, 2017
The loots he has been recoverying is making them gittery.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by Kiakia(m): 9:51am On Apr 16, 2017
Aufbauh:
The senators should go and hang themselves for all i care.

Prof. Osinbajo (SAN) position is a probable constitutional authority. If they are not satisfied they should approach the supreme court for interpretation as the burden of proof is on them.

Section 171(1) of the 1999 constitution as amended has bring to nullity the EFCC act they are sole relying upon to the extent of its inconsistent.
You are right. Even Section 60 of the Constitution refered to by that Senator has no bearing or relevance to the issue under discourse. And yet, he is a Senator of the Federal Republic, making laws for the country.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by fakati(m): 9:52am On Apr 16, 2017
It's only God that can destroy this senate that does not want the good of the masses.

1 Like

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by gberra: 9:52am On Apr 16, 2017
Nutase:
Buhari and senators don plan to comot osinbade and he took the bait.
Madam NuNu, see as your brain dey confuse you.. so Dusty & stuffy.

Igbos always lie tongue

3 Likes

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by seguntijan(m): 9:53am On Apr 16, 2017
Wait o, we all keep saying executive is to consult the legislative, please house when last has legislative consulted the people they're representing? In as much as the senator representing my consistuency hasn't called for Town Hall meeting on this matter, I urge the Presidency to hold on his ground as regards this issue.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by hush15: 9:55am On Apr 16, 2017
cashkid:

For your mind you are making sense abi? Nonsense.....a case of an empty dude claiming to know much!!!

It's because am making sense is the very reason you feel I am. Keep insulting you hear, and I will keep increasing in sense.

Turkey
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by omenkaLives(m): 9:55am On Apr 16, 2017
modath:

Happy Easter.
Wish you the same dearie.. smiley smiley
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by ayamback: 9:56am On Apr 16, 2017
omenkaLives:
Wish you the same dearie.. smiley smiley
omenka onye ogwu ego
Happy Easter my brother cool
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by 4everGrand(m): 9:56am On Apr 16, 2017
...meanwhile

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by Kiakia(m): 9:59am On Apr 16, 2017
menxer:

My Broda, I was looking out for a comment from any of the senators in line with the bolded, but they are all rambling about EFCC act.
Imagine one saying the VP's position on the matter is not the President's position.
Where the EFCC Act is inconsistent with the Constitution, the law is that the Constitution will prevail to the extent of that inconsistency. The Senators should take a chill pill and allow the matter to rest. EFCC Act is inferior to the Constitution of Nigeria. But how can a legislator be dumb to the extent of not knowing that views expressed by Prof. Osinbajo on the issue is the position of the Presidency? Or is Osinbajo no longer the Vice President of Nigeria? And an active one at that? These Senators sef! A bunch of jokers!

1 Like

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by arsenal33: 10:00am On Apr 16, 2017
Atiku2019:
Dictatorial Government is all i see cool

You didn't see it when GEJ sacked Sanusi for exposing fraud in NNPC

2 Likes

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by Kenedex: 10:03am On Apr 16, 2017
Osibanjo is right a sinator in Nigeria who doesn't know Nigeria constitution is saying he will go through sec 171(1) what the const said about d nomination is very clear. They hate magu because there hands are dirty they have shown Nigeria that they are representing there self not the masses very greedy leader they don't have shame go to other oil producing countries in d world nor of this country is suffering like Nigeria they managed there resources very well but our stupid leaders are busy hiding our money at home nobody to come out to cliam d ownership that's is y u are rejecting magu Nigeria are not fool well bible said there is no peace for the wicked I will not say more than that

1 Like

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:16am On Apr 16, 2017
Aufbauh:
The senators should go and hang themselves for all i care.

Prof. Osinbajo (SAN) position is a probable constitutional authority. If they are not satisfied they should approach the supreme court for interpretation as the burden of proof is on them.

Section 171(1) of the 1999 constitution as amended has bring to nullity the EFCC act they are sole relying upon to the extent of its inconsistent.

Can you expatiate on this for us non-lawyers?
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by Nigeriadondie: 10:18am On Apr 16, 2017
tonio2wo:

And who voted in the (apc)rogues?

You! Zombies!!
U re a rabid dog to call ur father a zombie. If u dont ve manners then go and die
I dont vote and i dont ve a PVC
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by kabawa(m): 10:28am On Apr 16, 2017
BlackAfrican:
Magu will remain as EFCC chairman till 2019. If the SINators arnt satisfied, they can use the lagoon or get a cheap N100 rope.

Or #50 sniper cheesy
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by buchai: 10:30am On Apr 16, 2017
no rule of laws in Nigeria for now what the president or vice President said that is final. president buhari and his vice have the veto power upper power and lower power, all our legislators knows best is how to collect money and allowances ACTIONS dey no get.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by michoim(m): 10:32am On Apr 16, 2017
The entire Senate is mentally derailed
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by lagosrd: 10:33am On Apr 16, 2017
They had better let Magu be because the next man to be presented by the executive could be in the pipeline and will be more than a Pharaoh to NASS.

1 Like

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by checkolatunji: 10:35am On Apr 16, 2017
gberra:
Bro, this narrative of igbo Muslim makes hell a lot of sense. We should begin to hammer the skuls of igbo Christians with the reality of igbo Muslims... Their suffering has just begun.

Igbos always cry embarassed

Actually it's the truth. I know a lot of them ( Igbo Christian) they are lovely people

1 Like

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by maasoap(m): 10:37am On Apr 16, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
The best thing is for the Senate to approach the Supreme Court for interpretation of the matter. Osinbajo's position remains a personal opinion as long as this subject is concerned.
I don't see a statement coming from the mouth of vice president of any nation as a personal opinion because it shouldn't be one.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by Slurity(m): 10:37am On Apr 16, 2017
potent5:
Hypocritical pastor Osinbajo. The wolf is killing the sheep you are supposed to protect all over the country and you say and do nothing. I just hope you will still find a sheep to lead when you leave office and return to the church.

As a professor of constitutional law Osinbajo couldn't understand the implications of section 171 of the 1999 Constitution; he waited for Falana or whoever to educate (mislead) him, at his professorial age!

All these professors sef.
Please read what you wrote here over again and ask yourself the meaning from it. Somebody is performing and doing well and the senate told all Nigerians that he is not capable. Put Nigeria first in your interest . Osinbajo only want what Nigeria want

2 Likes

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by positivetaught: 10:51am On Apr 16, 2017
I just registered on nairaland,while not supporting either side,section 171(1) refer to by osinbanjo clearly States the offices to which it applies, efcc a creation of an act of the national assembly not inclusive,so it appears the senators r right,I will encourage us all to check the section up before taking sides.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by CioAngels(f): 11:11am On Apr 16, 2017
Why are the Serial Stealing Senators are afraid of magu Exposing them? Dss daura, on the other side acting a saint, who amomgst them are not armed robbers? Infact, Anini, Shina rambo and Kayode williams are saints where they all are. The senators should be given Anini's dose. Serial thives.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by ogundeleai(m): 11:25am On Apr 16, 2017
As long as oshibajo and Tsage still in Buhari govt, Magu will remain at efcc office... These are 2 heavy personalities to be reckon when issues involving law is at centre stage.. More importantly they are not part of Jankara lawyers now everywhere

1 Like

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by lagosrd: 11:26am On Apr 16, 2017
positivetaught:
I just registered on nairaland,while not supporting either side,section 171(1) refer to by osinbanjo clearly States the offices to which it applies, efcc a creation of an act of the national assembly not inclusive,so it appears the senators r right,I will encourage us all to check the section up before taking sides.

What most Nigerians are after is the moral rights of the Legislature to challenge Magu's nomination. We can not continue like this as a country because some few people we elected or self elected had decided not to toe the popular path which they were sent and had constituted themselves into Demi god's whose position and seats can not be challenged or contested or corrected once they are seated. Sir, nairaland opinions just represent a fraction of the masses mind or intentions, I think the lawmakers and politicians should start having a rethink on their position and actions.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by ipobbigot7: 11:30am On Apr 16, 2017
Someone should tell the senators that they can apply different suicide means and die, we don't need them.

The senators are opportunists, useless, self seeking and corrupt.

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by kingkhan(m): 11:31am On Apr 16, 2017
Sin_nators

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Arrives Nigeria From U.S / 3,000 APC Members Decamp To PDP In Edo (Video) / Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.