Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,162 members, 7,829,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu (33297 Views)

Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions / Dino Melaye Prostrates For Oyedepo, Pictured With Osinbajo, GEJ At Dunamis / Aisha Buhari Returns From UK, Says Buhari is Happy With Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by lagosrd: 11:33am On Apr 16, 2017
maasoap:

I don't see a statement coming from the mouth of vice president of any nation as a personal opinion because it shouldn't be one.

You can imagine that inconsequential first term senator from Offa, that doesn't know what is good for him. He wants to undermine the vice president of the country Abi. No whatsapp... We shall see who is who
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by amdoyin82(m): 11:33am On Apr 16, 2017
sarrki:
Anyone working against the state and against the masses will die of anger
iseee, ase, amin, amen.And gods like amadioha, sanponna, Ogun, esu to kill them all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by Moganajoe: 11:34am On Apr 16, 2017
BlackAfrican:
Magu will remain as EFCC chairman till 2019. If the SINators arnt satisfied, they can use the lagoon or get a cheap N100 rope.

Me I no know why all these senators don development phobia on Magu oh. dem never tire to de padd budget?? They should try n sin no more, work with Magu & the execatives to salvage Nigerian.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by potent5(m): 11:37am On Apr 16, 2017
Slurity:
Please read what you wrote here over again and ask yourself the meaning from it. Somebody is performing and doing well and the senate told all Nigerians that he is not capable. Put Nigeria first in your interest . Osinbajo only want what Nigeria want
I just wonder how shallow minded we Nigerians can be at times. EFCC is 'working' and you are calling Magu. What special thing has Magu that you are here saying he is working? Is it not his job to work. Or did you not expect him to work in the first place? You think public offices are there to be occupied for the fun of it without work like PMB?

Who is Nigeria in this context? Is Osinbajo more Nigerian than any other Nigerian? We are talking about rule of law and you are here talking about what Nigerians want. Who did the survey to determine what Nigerians want.

Speaking of which, until they leave office, the 109 Senators represent what Nigerians want more than the Executive: that is the meaning of the parliament. In climes where the tenets of democracy are understood, it is the parliament that tells the Executive what the people want, how much the people want to spend as budget, what laws, rules and regulations they want, etc. and not the other way around. The role of the executive is to comply, ok.

If you think you don't like what the senators are doing the only option you have is to vote them out at the appropriate time.

It's not intelligent to come here and tell me Nigerians want what the Executive (made up of one elected man) wants when you have 109 elected senators. It shows you are just an average Nigerian incapable of discerning his right from his left.

1 Like

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by LionDeLeo: 11:43am On Apr 16, 2017
lagosrd:

What most Nigerians are after is the moral rights of the executive to challenge Magu's nomination. We can not continue like this as a country because some few people we elected or self elected had decided not to toe the popular path which they were sent and had constituted themselves into Demi god's whose position and seats can not be challenged or contested or corrected once they are seated. Sir, nairaland opinions just represent a fraction of the masses mind or intentions, I think the lawmakers and politicians should start having a rethink on their position and actions.

But the executive is not challenging Magu's nomination na. It is the legislature that is presently challenging his nomination.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by positivetaught: 11:47am On Apr 16, 2017
sarrki:
Leke Baiyewu

http://punchng.com/senators-angry-with-osinbajo-for-supporting-magu/

sec 171(1) refer to by osinbanjo clearly states the offices it affects, Efcc a creation of an act of the national Assembly not included, the senators r right.let's not be unnecessarily biased.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by lagosrd: 11:54am On Apr 16, 2017
LionDeLeo:

But the executive is not challenging Magu's nomination na. It is the legislature that is presently challenging his nomination.

Sorry it was a typo. Legislative I mean.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by Nutase: 11:56am On Apr 16, 2017
gberra:
Madam NuNu, see as your brain dey confuse you.. so Dusty & stuffy.

Igbos always lie tongue
You Don smoke that thing wen your mama say make u no smoke again ?
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by LionDeLeo: 11:57am On Apr 16, 2017
lagosrd:

Sorry it was a typo. Legislative I mean.

I thought as much.

1 Like

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:09pm On Apr 16, 2017
maasoap:

I don't see a statement coming from the mouth of vice president of any nation as a personal opinion because it shouldn't be one.
Its a personal opinion bro... it's never a law until finally determined by the Supreme Court
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by mario383: 12:11pm On Apr 16, 2017
Aufbauh:
The senators should go and hang themselves for all i care.

Prof. Osinbajo (SAN) position is a probable constitutional authority. If they are not satisfied they should approach the supreme court for interpretation as the burden of proof is on them.

Section 171(1) of the 1999 constitution as amended has bring to nullity the EFCC act they are sole relying upon to the extent of its inconsistent.
Very rubbish talk. You are even quoting the constitution yet very senseless up to the extent that you do not know that a peace maker must be very careful. Such persons should be up to 80% nutural. I have thought Osinbajo is more reasonable, senseable than Buhari. Even you the owner of this post is not left out on this pit of apc lowest behaviour. If you continue like this. Your government will for ever fail. Diagreement will increase. Rubbish people. Ff you continue to encourage very foolish acts like when Buhari told the world that as soonas he is sworn into power, he will ensure that those who gave him 7 abi 5% votes will suffer.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 16, 2017
Nutase:
Buhari and senators don plan to comot osinbade and he took the bait.

That's not true. It's only a trial. They want to shake him... It's left for him to tell them he's gallant by standing by his knowledge, intuition, the Constitution and all that he is made up of.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by positivetaught: 12:17pm On Apr 16, 2017
lagosrd:

What most Nigerians are after is the moral rights of the Legislature to challenge Magu's nomination. We can not continue like this as a country because some few people we elected or self elected had decided not to toe the popular path which they were sent and had constituted themselves into Demi god's whose position and seats can not be challenged or contested or corrected once they are seated. Sir, nairaland opinions just represent a fraction of the masses mind or intentions, I think the lawmakers and politicians should start having a rethink on their position and actions.
lagosrd:

What most Nigerians are after is the moral rights of the Legislature to challenge Magu's nomination. We can not continue like this as a country because some few people we elected or self elected had decided not to toe the popular path which they were sent and had constituted themselves into Demi god's whose position and seats can not be challenged or contested or corrected once they are seated. Sir, nairaland opinions just represent a fraction of the masses mind or intentions, I think the lawmakers and politicians should start having a rethink on their position and actions.
sarrki:
Leke Baiyewu

lagosrd:

sarrki:
Leke Baiyewu

The law is not made to please anyone nor to follow popular opinion but to ensure itderliness n justice,therefore for peace orderliness n posterity it must be complied with strictly, sec171(1) is very clear the executive is wrong the senators are right even if we may hate to admit it,magu is certainly not the only person capable to do the job except for the pursuit of a hidden agenda geared towards the realisation of a predetermined objective.

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by gberra: 12:38pm On Apr 16, 2017
Nutase:
You Don smoke that thing wen your mama say make u no smoke again ?
NuNu You don't want to play this card with me.. Not at all.

Igbos always cry embarassed
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by mario383: 12:38pm On Apr 16, 2017
2bam:
why Senate hate magu self but he is working now,or is it because he is not dancing to their tune?
No to your two reasons of hate or not dancing to the senate side. It is because Magu is highly incompetent. Ask him to quote and explain any of the efcc acts or ask him howmuch has effc recovered since? He will not be able to offer answer because he is as dull as Buhari. In fact, he is the only man who say the recent money recovered in Ikoyi, Lagos by the whinstol blower only know that there are money hiding there but DO NOT KNOW the PERSON who own. Dumbest.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by ransomed: 12:46pm On Apr 16, 2017
Who is afraid of Magu? Legislooters with Jumbo pay can dive into the lagoon, it will be good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by PrinzDeJoy: 12:48pm On Apr 16, 2017

you are right bro. VP cannot speak a word without his boss consent. so what ever you hear from VP must have been discussed extensively by the Executives and mostly the President.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by brojoshua: 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2017
I even know that the senators are angry against God because He says let there be justice, righteousness, equity, transparency, etc and that looting, manipulation of elections, bribery and of judges, padding of budgets, etc, should stop in Nigeria.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by emeka2847: 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2017
They are stupid
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by maasoap(m): 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Its a personal opinion bro... it's never a law until finally determined by the Supreme Court
The bolded part, I'm not making argument on that part. But, you can't say that VP's statement on an issue involving presidency is a personal opinion. No. I disagree with you on this one. Anything from the mouth of VP is as solid as anything from mouth to the president and the presidency.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by Xano(m): 1:06pm On Apr 16, 2017
sarrki:
Anyone working against the state and against the masses will die of anger

Interesting.

I believe you understood the second part of your statement.

This statement would be presented to you in the future.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by imecom: 1:35pm On Apr 16, 2017
hahaha legislooters una want try osimbanjo
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by sapele914(m): 1:47pm On Apr 16, 2017
Atiku2019:
Dictatorial Government is all i see cool

Blind chap like stevie wonder. Did all the reports against saraki stop him from becoming senate president? Has all saraki's numerous court cases made him step aside till the issues have been settled?. Mumu.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by sapele914(m): 1:48pm On Apr 16, 2017
Atiku2019:

Blind chap like stevie wonder. Did all the reports against saraki stop him from becoming senate president? Has all saraki's numerous court cases made him step aside till the issues have been resolved?. Mumu.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by sapele914(m): 1:51pm On Apr 16, 2017
potent5:
Hypocritical pastor Osinbajo. The wolf is killing the sheep you are supposed to protect all over the country and you say and do nothing. I just hope you will still find a sheep to lead when you leave office and return to the church.

As a professor of constitutional law Osinbajo couldn't understand the implications of section 171 of the 1999 Constitution; he waited for Falana or whoever to educate (mislead) him, at his professorial age!

All these professors sef.
Publish your law school result let us see how you faired. You think Falana and osibanjo can be wrong on an issue?go ask jonathan's government how dey dealt with them when they tried to come after Bola Tinubu aka Jagaban.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by TijaniAbu: 1:59pm On Apr 16, 2017
potent5:
Hypocritical pastor Osinbajo. The wolf is killing the sheep you are supposed to protect all over the country and you say and do nothing. I just hope you will still find a sheep to lead when you leave office and return to the church.

As a professor of constitutional law Osinbajo couldn't understand the implications of section 171 of the 1999 Constitution; he waited for Falana or whoever to educate (mislead) him, at his professorial age!

For starters Osinbajo is not a real professor. He is a fake professor.

Secondly, Magu is a thief, he stole out of the NIA money and Osinbajo is covering up for him.

Magu is the whistleblower, Magu is the finder, and Magu is the thief.

Magu should be sacked, and Abamaguku Yemi Osinbajo should be impeached.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by Elbowroom: 2:05pm On Apr 16, 2017
Atiku2019:

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by potent5(m): 2:07pm On Apr 16, 2017
TijaniAbu:

For starters Osinbajo is not a real professor. He is a fake professor.

Secondly, Magu is a thief, he stole out of the NIA money and Osinbajo is covering up for him.

Magu is the whistleblower, Magu is the finder, and Magu is the thief.

Magu should be sacked, and Abamaguku Yemi Osinbajo should be impeached.
Lol.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by teepain: 2:16pm On Apr 16, 2017
positivetaught:
sec 171(1) refer to by osinbanjo clearly states the offices it affects, Efcc a creation of an act of the national Assembly not included, the senators r right.let's not be unnecessarily biased.

It is section 171(2) that lists the offices which the Act affects as follows:

(2) The offices to which this section applies are, namely ¬

(a) Secretary to the Government of the Federation;

(b) Head of the Civil Service of the Federation;

(c) Ambassador, High Commissioner or other Principal Representative of Nigeria abroad;

(d) Permanent Secretary in any Ministry or Head of any Extra-Ministerial Department of the Government of the Federation howsoever designated; and

(e) any office on the personal staff of the President.

In a court of law, a lawyer who knows his onions will argue that the EFCC Chairman is covered by 2d as highlighted.
Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by potent5(m): 2:23pm On Apr 16, 2017
sapele914:
Publish your law school result let us see how you faired. You think Falana and osibanjo can be wrong on an issue?go ask jonathan's government how dey dealt with them when they tried to come after Bola Tinubu aka Jagaban.
You are leaving the issues and grappling with straws. Respond to the ones raised and leave certificates alone. The point in issue is one capable of being appreciated by any enlightened mind: you do not need a law degree for it. You people worship certificates and results and not what a person is capable of and this is why graduates can only produce certificate without performance.

In your hypocrisy you have not asked your president to publish his own certificate.

comot for road abeg.

Re: Senators Angry With Osinbajo For Supporting Magu by Zieristclair(m): 4:10pm On Apr 16, 2017
potent5:

hey you,stop being despicable. Your comment reeks of it.you are not half as educated as the man you deride. Take note child! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Arrives Nigeria From U.S / Nigerian Army Gears Up For 2017 Weapons Championship Inside Sambisa Forest. PICS / FFK Blames Peter Obi & Obidients For Obasanjo's Disrespecting Of Yoruba Monarchs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.