Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra (7020 Views)

Iyiegbu Obi Cubana's Compound, House In Anambra - PHOTOS / Naira Exchanges At Record-low, N510 A Dollar / Naira Rebounds Slightly From Record Low (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by edunwablog: 6:19am On Apr 16, 2017
A days to the Easter celebration, dealers in food stuff seem to be recording low patronage.

This is even as their prices remain high.
Correspondent, Nneka Ibe Anoliefo, who went on market survey of some markets in Awka metropolis reports that at Nkwo Amaenyi, Awka, fresh tomatoes, yam, groundnut oil, rice , beans were in low demand, but said this has not affected their prices as they remained high.
Commenting on the situation, dealers on food stuff, Mrs Ngozi Anakwo and Mrs Ndidi amaka Ozoekwe, explained that a bag of semovita which was sold for two thousand seven hundred naira is now three thousand naira, while a bag of beans, potiskum brand, now sells for thirty – eight thousand naira against the old price of twenty- two thousand naira.
Also , a tuber of yam which, hitherto, sold for between two hundred and one thousand naira, now sells for between four hundred and one thousand, four hundred naira.
Grandnut oil and Onions have also recorded substantial increase in their prices.
Cows and goats which are the major sources of meat to many families have also gone so high beyond the reach of many, a trend, their dealers linked to the economic recession in the country which has left prices sky- rocketing.
Some of the dealers, messrs Ifeanyi Ideba and Silas Nwankwo, who complained of low patronage, said a cow now costs as high as between one hundred and eighty thousand and two hundred thousand naira while Alhaji Bello Maigari said prices of goats now range from eighteen thousand to sixty thousand naira, depending on the size.
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/04/recession-traders-record-low-easter.html#more

Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by ojun50(m): 6:24am On Apr 16, 2017
Thy should manage tins like that, tins are hard nw nd people don,t spend any hw dis days

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 16, 2017
It's a big lie. Igbos don't be fooled by this. They like to push concocted negative news from SE to front page to psychologically make you think that SE can't do without useless One Nigeria. If you want to see recession, go to Lagos, SW and North. I do business in SE, so I know things are far better off here than SW and the North where hunger and penury is now the order of the day!

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 16, 2017
eeyah...that's bad o,here in Lagos there were a lot of sales
Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by mrikay: 7:26am On Apr 16, 2017
they don't call it recession for nothing.
Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by figoperch: 7:27am On Apr 16, 2017
What of prices at Eke Awka, After 6 market, Kwata, Okpuno?

Nkwo Amenyi is just one of the many markets in Awka nah.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 16, 2017
Many men will not bring out enough money for their wives/mums to cook delicacies this Easter giving excuse with recession but the so called recession won't reduce a single bottle of Heineken from their table at joints today. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by Innodon(m): 7:30am On Apr 16, 2017
It's same low record sales all over the nation

1 Like

Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by waledeji(m): 7:30am On Apr 16, 2017
figoperch:

Restless cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by emmadejust(m): 7:33am On Apr 16, 2017
The profit of the earth belong to all.

The earth have more abundant resources to sustain all even when giving 200years life span.

There is no recession to the wise and hard worker

1 Like

Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by waledeji(m): 7:33am On Apr 16, 2017
[quote author=drake2000x post=55607993]It's a big lie. Igbos don't be fooled by this. They like to push concocted negative news from SE to front page to psychologically make you think that SE can't do without useless One Nigeria. If you want to see recession, go to Lagos, SW and North. I do business in SE, so I know things are far better off here than SW and the North where hunger and penury is now the order of the day

Damned, these people are Restless cheesy cheesy[right][/right] cheesy tongue tongue

5 Likes

Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by kaycyor: 7:34am On Apr 16, 2017
Recession at work here!!!! God punish poverty..
Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by buchilino(m): 7:40am On Apr 16, 2017
SirJeffry:
Many men will not bring out enough money for their wives/mums to cook delicacies this Easter giving excuse with recession but the so called recession won't reduce a single bottle of Heineken from their table at joints today. grin

I HAVE GOOD NEWS 4 U, U WILL SOON JOIN D CLUB OF MARRIED MEN. BY D TIME UR WIFE DROPS LIKE 4 KIDS, U WILL NOT DRINK BEER ANY MORE BUT ALOMO OR BABY OKU WILL BE UR FAVOURITE BRANDS.
Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by Adebowale89(m): 7:40am On Apr 16, 2017
drake2000x:
It's a big lie. Igbos don't be fooled by this. They like to push concocted negative news from SE to front page to psychologically make you think that SE can't do without useless One Nigeria. If you want to see recession, go to Lagos, SW and North. I do business in SE, so I know things are far better off here than SW and the North where hunger and penury is now the order of the day!

how many south eastern states are you doing biz?
the way u people buttress your point sef sometimes make me want to vomit

see as u painted SE as if is USA even USA still ve poor people among them

if you need to know, the poorest people consume commodities than the rich people

must everything be on tribalism. the jargons you wrote up there doesn't change the fact that market is not going well in Anambra

24 Likes

Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 16, 2017
Adebowale89:
[s]

how many south eastern states are you doing biz?
the way u people buttress your point sef sometimes make me want to vomit

see as u painted SE as if is USA even USA still ve poor people among them

if you need to know the poorest people consume commodities than the rich people

must everything be on tribalism. the jargons you wrote up there doesn't change the fact that market is not going well in Anambra[/s]
Trash! Stop liking your posts from your other acounts. All your useless posts have the same number of likes, and they come within seconds of posting. Who are you fooling Afonja?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by Adebowale89(m): 7:43am On Apr 16, 2017
drake2000x:

Trash!

thrash that people are suffering from scarcity of capital in anambra?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by Raxxye(m): 7:48am On Apr 16, 2017
From time immemorial, traders always complain that they have not sold enough; always claiming that last year was better than this year.
Nothing new!

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by Israelfx2(m): 7:48am On Apr 16, 2017
figoperch:

home knowledge. I like that.am in Awka too
Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by zanogo(m): 7:52am On Apr 16, 2017
drake2000x:
is there a place that is not affected by recession in this country? only God can curb the chest beating trait of these people,tell me what are the igbo states bringing to the table thet makes them immune to recession?enugu , imo and ebonyi states are all civil service states so i dont understand this your stupid rant.Mr man,there is no region immuned from recession and stop this your delusion,it is not helping your brothers that need help in the east.

6 Likes

Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by Ikwokrikwo: 7:52am On Apr 16, 2017
Rubbish amateur article
Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by kally90(f): 7:55am On Apr 16, 2017
drake2000x:
I agree with you especially in North because I reside there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 16, 2017
buchilino:

I HAVE GOOD NEWS 4 U, U WILL SOON JOIN D CLUB OF MARRIED MEN. BY D TIME UR WIFE DROPS LIKE 4 KIDS, U WILL NOT DRINK BEER ANY MORE BUT ALOMO OR BABY OKU WILL BE UR FAVOURITE BRANDS.
Who wan born 4 kids in this 21st century?
Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 16, 2017
zanogo:

is there a place that is not affected by recession in this country? only God can curb the chest beating trait of these people,tell me what are the igbo states bringing to the table thet makes them immune to recession?enugu , imo and ebonyi states are all civil service states so i dont understand this your stupid rant.Mr man,there is no region immuned from recession and stop this your delusion,it is not helping your brothers that need help in the east.

Igbos want separation for a reason...because they are confident in their ability, and that's why they chest beat! Can you afonjas agree to separation, lets see who is chest beating.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 16, 2017
Recession is just a myth, an imagination, tell the masses
that there's recession so many times and they will began to believe it. recession is just in peoples imagination. as the politicians have made them to believe
Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by guychidile: 8:05am On Apr 16, 2017
all I know is.,Christ has risen for good and have defeated pang of death in him...Aleluya..!

1 Like

Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by EternalBeing: 8:07am On Apr 16, 2017
Nigeria shall be great again! Click Like if you agree, Click Share if you disagree.
Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by BiafraIShere(m): 8:15am On Apr 16, 2017
Goat for 60k?
Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by buchilino(m): 8:18am On Apr 16, 2017
SirJeffry:
Who wan born 4 kids in this 21st century?

D WAY AM LOOKING AT U, U MAY EVEN BORN MORE THAN DAT.
Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by BiafraIShere(m): 8:18am On Apr 16, 2017
drake2000x:
You are right, we Igbos have a lot of buffers that will minimize the effect of recession more than any other group in Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by zanogo(m): 8:25am On Apr 16, 2017
drake2000x:

Igbos want separation for a reason...because they are confident in their ability, and that's why they chest beat! Can you afonjas agree to separation, lets see who is chest beating.
lol, everyone knows why your people chest beat,it is a thin layer to cover deep inferiority complex

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 16, 2017
zanogo:

lol, everyone knows why your people chest beat,it is a thin layer to cover deep inferiority complex

But Igbos want separation right? Let them go to be on their so that they can cheat beat themselves since chest beating bothers you!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recession: Traders Record Low Easter Sales In Anambra by Pavarottii(m): 8:57am On Apr 16, 2017
gypsey:
Recession is just a myth, an imagination, tell the masses
that there's recession so many times and they will began to believe it. recession is just in peoples imagination. as the politicians have made them to believe

(1) (2) (Reply)

Changes I Need NIPOST To Implement / How To Get Telecommunication Company To Install Mast On Ones Land / FXTM Is A Scam. Trade With Them At Your Own Risk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.