Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? (23149 Views)

Iyke Oriaku: How I Used To Lie To Raise Money For God / What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? / Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by plessis: 10:55am On Apr 16, 2017
jfolorun:

You don't deserve a response. A time will come when you will get arrested for the crime you didn't commit and be sentenced to death. The time when no lawyer can defend you in court. That day you will understand the gravity of your pronouncement. This can happen especially if you are a Nigerian and in Nigeria where no one gets justice.
I simply made a statement.. . And this is what your brain could process for a response... I feel sorry for your inability to make a proper logical argument...

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by zainabxel(f): 10:56am On Apr 16, 2017
kabawa:

Any evidence to back your illusions
If no, then you need check yaba left,,
Get well in 2093 grin
Sorry did i hit a nerve?
Really you're asking for evidence? Isn't it obvious?
Your quran copied fromm the Jewish scripts and christian books and edited their stories and concepts?
Or you think your quran emerged from a society that wasn't in contact with jews and christians?

3 Likes

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Amberon: 10:56am On Apr 16, 2017
Do you even have sense?

Didn't foreigners write all the science textbooks you use in school? Which one have Africans written?
IslamicRebel:
Africans and stupidity

You believe in a book written by foreigners

Where is your own book?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Anythingelse: 11:04am On Apr 16, 2017
kayzat:
I am sorry to say this but both the Bible and Qur'an are full of many contradictions and confusion.

You will soon see many so-called scholars trying to twist this as if they were there when the bible was written or they even wrote the Bible themselves.
My friend, please stop saying what you don't know, can you pls show me just one contradiction in the Quran?
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 16, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

You think ridiculing another religion makes yours better? Read your old testament very well and tell me if there's any difference between the so called Allah and Yahweh.
Did you just typed "ridiculing"? Probably you don't know what your earlier comment mean.

I'm not asking you to kill, but, to read a book. In order to understand both religions.
Thank you. God loves you.
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Breakdbond: 11:05am On Apr 16, 2017
jfolorun:

Was Isaac sacrificed ? Stop taking a verse of the Bible to for your mischevious purposes. A verse should not be isolated from the rest. You claimed to be an intellectual individual.
matrix600:
and even accepted Jeptha's daughter as a 'burnt offering '.

A typical example of pot calling the kettle black
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by MaziOmenuko: 11:08am On Apr 16, 2017
Jolar101:

Did you just typed "ridiculing"? Probably you don't know what your earlier comment mean.

I'm not asking you to kill, but, to read a book. In order to understand both religions.
Thank you. God loves you.

You probably know very little about religion apart from what your pastors told you and the books they recommended to you.

And, if I want to understand a religion better, I'd be studying the Buddhist. They seem to understand and practice spirituality better than both you and your Islam cousins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by bon2win: 11:09am On Apr 16, 2017
plessis:
Millions of Nigerians are celebrating the death of Jesus, a criminal that was hanged for sedition and treason....

If only we can channel this energy to more productive things....

Will Africa ever be free?

SMH for you
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by BetaThings: 11:10am On Apr 16, 2017
zainabxel:

Your quran copied fromm the Jewish scripts and christian books and edited their stories and concepts?
Or you think your quran emerged from a society that wasn't in contact with jews and christians?

The Qur'an copied the Bible yet it disagrees with the Bible on the most IMPORTANT tenets
The Qur'an declares that
1. God does not have a Child
2. The Trinity is unfounded
3. Don't call on anyone beside God

Even where accounts are similar, when you read the accounts in the Qur'an you will see that it is more dignifying than the Biblical accounts
Go and read the story of Joseph in the Bible and the story in Chapter 12 of the Qur'an and see how more befitting of a Prophet is the conduct of Joseph's father than what is written in the Bible
Or even the account of the conception of Jesus
infact, the story of the exoneration of Mary (for her pregnancy while saying no man had ever touched her) in the Qur'an is more believable than what is written in the Bible

Why would you copy and paste the non-essentials and disagree with the essential

We all know about how the Bible was compiled - start with the Council of Nicea

3 Likes

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Anythingelse: 11:13am On Apr 16, 2017
Jolar101:

A terrorist constitution for Muslims where part of it lied to them of having 72 VPots in hell after killing numbers of human beings.

Can you quote that part of Quran that you mentioned here? if you can't, then shame on to you.
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Breakdbond: 11:13am On Apr 16, 2017
jfolorun:

He appeared to different people on many occasions. He had appeared to 500 people at once. 500 people no be small gathering o.
Jst 500? No wonder only few Jews are Christians
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 16, 2017
plessis:
I simply made a statement.. . And this is what your brain could process for a response... I feel sorry for your inability to make a proper logical argument...
Seems you got offended. Your so-called logical argument isn't actually logical...I thought you had a super-computing brain, feeling sorry for you as well my friend.
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by almarthins(m): 11:17am On Apr 16, 2017
plessis:
Millions of Nigerians are celebrating the death of Jesus, a criminal that was hanged for sedition and treason....

Well done oga! So Jesus was a criminal ? Interesting tell me more according to the gospel of hell
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 16, 2017
Ologogoro:

2 Timothy 2:24
The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged.

Peace...

Ologogoro 2017
Your earlier comments were full of sarcasm.

One love
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by hollowpot15684(m): 11:19am On Apr 16, 2017
Omooba77:
The gaurds stationed at the tomb of Jesus took money to lie that Apostles came to steal him in the night.
Matthew 28:11-15 recorded this story; it showed He actually died and Arose. The lie of watch men could not hold water.
Money cant buy out the real facts about Jesus Christ.
Am I buying away Jesus by taking money to deny Him?
Happy Easter sirs and mas!

keep trying hard to believe if Jesus Christ of the Nazareth people truly died for you Omooba77 of Nigeria grin grin..
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Anythingelse: 11:19am On Apr 16, 2017
Jolar101:

You free to say whatever you want to say, because Jesus is LORD and Heavenly Father is LOVE.

Go and a book titled: Who Is This Allah?

By G. J. O Moshay

Mind you he's a Muslim scholar.
And make sure you read a book titled: Allah is the creator - a rejoinder to Who is this Allah
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by BetaThings: 11:20am On Apr 16, 2017
Jolar101:

Zomby Muslim go and worship your stones and sun.

Nonsense terrorist

Christians are so insecure and have zero regard for facts. As soon as somebody criticises them (though it is their own hobby to abuse Islam), the person is a Muslim
Will a Muslim post this?
You

Ologogoro:
You all should have come to Kwara to worship your Allah and stone Bukola Saraki instead of risking your life in mecca, at least u also throw stone in mecca

Jolar101:
go and worship your stones and sun.

Nonsense terrorist
You don't even know who you worship let alone who the Muslims worship
No religion has carried out more terror attacks (infact and in strategy) than Christians

Learn your religion!

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 16, 2017
Breakdbond:

Jst 500? No wonder only few Jews are Christians
If you have problems with Jesus and Christianity, it is your affair. People have the freedom to believe what appears to them to be true. It is your choice to either believe that Jesus loves you and get everlasting life or remain in your own 'logical' free-thinking and 'rational' beliefs and get rewarded for it. I choose to believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I don't care and frankly, no one cares what you and your likes think about me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Ologogoro: 11:25am On Apr 16, 2017
BetaThings:

Christians are so insecure and have zero regard for facts. As soon as somebody criticises them (though it is their own hobby to abuse Islam), the person is a Muslim
Will a Muslim post this?
You

You don't even know who you worship let alone who the Muslims worship
No religion has carried out more terror attacks (infact and in strategy) than Christians

Learn your religion!

Cool Bro, Though your job in digging my past post was half done. I have also in sometimes posted against Christians even today.

I am a Free thinker, I was only born in a Christian home, I didnt choose my religion by MYself

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by BetaThings: 11:25am On Apr 16, 2017
Jolar101:

You free to say whatever you want to say, because Jesus is LORD and Heavenly Father is LOVE.

Go and a book titled: Who Is This Allah?

By G. J. O Moshay

Mind you he's a Muslim scholar.

Can you prove that G J O Moshay is a Muslim scholar!
You just keep on jumping to conclusions
Don't you have any regard for the truth?
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 16, 2017
He knows the truth and he knows the money is saara momoney . that's whyvhe took the money chikena
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by plessis: 11:29am On Apr 16, 2017
jfolorun:
Seems you got offended. Your so-called logical argument isn't actually logical...I thought you had a super-computing brain, feeling sorry for you as well my friend.
you're not okay at all.... It's clearly stated in the Bible that Jesus was killed for blasphemy and treason.... Two choices, argue against it or ignore the post....

But no, you decided to prophecy into my life because you're logically inept...

Take your emptiness elsewhere... I have no cure for it...

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 16, 2017
plessis:
Millions of Nigerians are celebrating the death of Jesus, a criminal that waoi .xs hanged for sedition and treason....

Good question bro.

Africa can never be free as long as people like you with no concience and fear of God are still breathing.
Even if you dont belive in God and Jesus must you accuse someone you never met of crimes that He never commited.

Its like me saying your Father is mentally derailed.

Have I met him before? No

Is it right for me to judge him like that? No

Have I done a good thing ? No

Are u aware that the family linage ot Christ still do exist?
May be you dont. but they do.

How happy would you feel if someone comes out and say you great grandfather was a robber
and a cronic mental patient grin

You wont be happy I guess.

Next time you want to abuse Jesus remember He too has earthly family linage.

Practice your Atheism with sense and conscience.

Next!

grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by BetaThings: 11:31am On Apr 16, 2017
Ologogoro:

Cool Bro, Though your job in digging my past post was half done. I have also in sometimes posted against Christians even today.

I am a Free thinker, I was only born in a Christian home, I didnt choose my religion by MYself

I have no issue with criticism of Islam (my religion) or any other. People just need to be civil
I wanted to prove to him that he should not just be wildly throwing accusations at people
Your first post did not strike me as that of a Muslim and when he accused you, I wanted to be sure, hence my look at your past posts

I actually caution Muslims who post against Christianity not to cross the line - a Muslim is not allowed to mock Jesus or leaders of other religions
I would have done that to you if I believed you were a Muslim and you crossed that line

Muslims are free to question Christian doctrines or stories that don't make sense
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by NabeelAbu: 11:38am On Apr 16, 2017
Neither was he slain nor crucified Fear God ooo you people Qur'an chapter 4vrs 154.Suratu Nisaah.
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by ilynem(m): 11:39am On Apr 16, 2017
kabawa:

Quran Is the true words of Allah.
Deal with that wink
What proof do you have for this claim?
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by ilynem(m): 11:40am On Apr 16, 2017
neocortex:
The gurads didn't lie, they stated what happened which is that
the zealot follower of jesus took the body away. It is more likely
that the disciples will bribe the guards than the chief priest bribing them
because they have more to lose if the body remained in the tomb.
And they all died trying desperately to defend a lie? Interesting.
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Ologogoro: 11:40am On Apr 16, 2017
BetaThings:

I have no issue with criticism of Islam (my religion) or any other. People just need to be civil
I wanted to prove to him that he should not just be wildly throwing accusations at people
Your first post did not strike me as that of a Muslim and when he accused you, I wanted to be sure, hence my look at your past posts

I actually caution Muslims who post against Christianity not to cross the line - a Muslim is not allowed to mock Jesus or leaders of other religions
I would have done that to you if I believed you were a Muslim and you crossed that line

Muslims are free to question Christian doctrines or stories that don't make sense

I understand you bro.
Peace...
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 16, 2017
plessis:
you're not okay at all.... It's clearly stated in the Bible that Jesus was killed for blasphemy and treason.... Two choices, argue against it or ignore the post....

But no, you decided to prophecy into my life because you're logically inept...

Take your emptiness elsewhere... I have no cure for it...
Sorry man, you are an educated fool, your sense of logic is foolish and appalling. I cannot and no sane person should engage in an argument with you and your likes. I did not prophecy into your life because I am not a prophet. By the way, a free-thinker and Jesus-hater shouldn't be scared of prophecies. For your information, I have no emptiness in me. Hence forth, I will disregard your posts on this subject.
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by ilynem(m): 11:43am On Apr 16, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Yet no one outside the Christian faith can actually testify seeing him? You actually believed that the entire world wouldn't contain books written about his acts which was just less than a week after he supposedly resurreted yet his works for his entire 33 yrs b4 dealth was contained in just 4 books of mat mark Luke and John?
There was one man outside the Christian faith who saw him (lots of men outside the Christian faith saw Him but only this one was recorded) and his name is paul.
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by ilynem(m): 11:46am On Apr 16, 2017
Anythingelse:

My friend, please stop saying what you don't know, can you pls show me just one contradiction in the Quran?
The Koran referred to Jesus as the word of God.
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by BetaThings: 11:51am On Apr 16, 2017
Ologogoro:

I understand you bro.
Peace...

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pls Can I Get Interpretation To My Dream / TB Joshua: I Belong To ALL Political Parties / Bishop David & Faith Oyedepo Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.