Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? (23156 Views)

Iyke Oriaku: How I Used To Lie To Raise Money For God / What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? / Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by ilynem(m): 11:51am On Apr 16, 2017
BetaThings:

The Qur'an copied the Bible yet it disagrees with the Bible on the most IMPORTANT tenets
The Qur'an declares that
1. God does not have a Child
2. The Trinity is unfounded
3. Don't call on anyone beside God

Even where accounts are similar, when you read the accounts in the Qur'an you will see that it is more dignifying than the Biblical accounts
Go and read the story of Joseph in the Bible and the story in Chapter 12 of the Qur'an and see how more befitting of a Prophet is the conduct of Joseph's father than what is written in the Bible
Or even the account of the conception of Jesus
infact, the story of the exoneration of Mary (for her pregnancy while saying no man had ever touched her) in the Qur'an is more believable than what is written in the Bible

Why would you copy and paste the non-essentials and disagree with the essential

We all know about how the Bible was compiled - start with the Council of Nicea
Christianity started in the 1st century. Council of Nicea was in the third. And even your Koran in the 7th century confirms the "corrupted" Bible. So what do I believe?
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by plessis: 11:52am On Apr 16, 2017
davtosh:

Good question bro.

Africa can never be free as long as people like you with no concience and fear of God are still breathing.
Even if you dont belive in God and Jesus must you accuse someone you never met of crimes that He never commited.

Its like me saying your Father is mentally derailed.

Have I met him before? No

Is it right for me to judge him like that? No

Have I done a good thing ? No

Are u aware that the family linage ot Christ still do exist?
May be you dont. but they do.

How happy would you feel if someone comes out and say you great grandfather was a robber
and a cronic mental patient grin

You wont be happy I guess.

Next time you want to abuse Jesus remember He too has earthly family linage.

Practice your Atheism with sense and conscience.

Next!

this one is confused....

how can you just pop out of nowhere and conclude that I have no conscience?...
a man who doesn't believe in God, doesn't deserve to breathe?...
Where have I stated that I'm irreligious?...
Why exactly did the Roman kill Jesus?....
Is treason a crime or not?...
What do you call someone who commits a crime if not a criminal?...
since when did stating a fact become an abuse?....
Do you even know the meaning of abuse?
Why do you lots keep ridiculing your religion?

Why did you all of a sudden, decide to expose your stupidity to the public?

You should Lock yourself in your toilet...look at your mirror and sincerely apologize to yourself for this nonsense you typed....
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by WINDSOW(m): 11:55am On Apr 16, 2017
plessis:
Millions of Nigerians are celebrating the death of Jesus, a criminal that was hanged for sedition and treason....

If only we can channel this energy to more productive things....

Will Africa ever be free?
Whatever u deem fit Jesus is aint my biz, He,whom u tag a criminal, is risen. Praise God!
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by yorex2011: 11:57am On Apr 16, 2017
Why do atheists feel they are more intelligent than others?
By virtue of their atheism or ?
Cos i dunno..

If i were to be an atheist i would have used my "higher intelligence" to make the world a better place, accept that we are free to have our individual beliefs as far as it all contributes to making the world a peaceful place...

Life is a choice, we all make our individual choices as it suits us.. I chose to continue believing in God and play my part in the circle of life and making the world a better place...

Thank you Lord for the gift of life,
Thank you to my parents for the gift of education
Thanks to the world for all it has taught me, both in good experiences and bad experiences.. I will use the wisdom gained to change it in my own little way

Thanks to Seun for also creating many atheism thread as I've gained some little knowledge too though doesn't affect my faith in any way.. But its good to see life from many perspectives.

We believe in God, they believe in science...
But science is the explanation of God in a rational way smiley

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by nkemma54(m): 11:58am On Apr 16, 2017
Omooba77:
The gaurds stationed at the tomb of Jesus took money to lie that Apostles came to steal him in the night.
Matthew 28:11-15 recorded this story; it showed He actually died and Arose. The lie of watch men could not hold water.
Money cant buy out the real facts about Jesus Christ.
Am I buying away Jesus by taking money to deny Him?
Happy Easter sirs and mas!
Watch the movie "Risen". Your answer lies there.
Both guards saw God's glory that night when the tombstone was flung away from the tomb, and they most probably saw the glory of the angels when they arrived (same angels the women later met). All this glory about a man who was killed for treason! If they spoke about what they heard, they will be removed from the army and most probably killed for treason too.
What better choice than to claim sanctuary in the synagogue and accept the bribe of the religious leaders (same powerful leaders who conspired to kill Jesus).
If you were a guard there, after seeing such glory that turned night into day, would you talk about it (a story only Jesus followers will believe) and lose your rank in the army of that world power and face the wrath of the religious leaders who will most probably conspire to kill you too?

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by plessis: 11:58am On Apr 16, 2017
jfolorun:

Sorry man, you are an educated fool, your sense of logic is foolish and appalling. I cannot and no sane person should engage in an argument with you and your likes. I did not prophecy into your life because I am not a prophet. By the way, a free-thinker and Jesus-hater shouldn't be scared of prophecies. For your information, I have no emptiness in me. Hence forth, I will disregard your posts on this subject.
You're full of emptiness that's why you haven't been able to defend your claim that christ was innocent...

The fact remains.... Jesus was a criminal.... Kill yourself.. .
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 16, 2017
Anythingelse:

Can you quote that part of Quran that you mentioned here? if you can't, then shame on to you.

Chapter 78 Surat verse 30 to 34: (30) Verily, for the muttaqun(righteous), there will be a success(paradise).

(31). Gardens and vineyards.

(32) And young full breasted maidens of equal age.

(33). And full cup of wine.
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by zainabxel(f): 12:01pm On Apr 16, 2017
Even where accounts are similar, when you read the accounts in the Qur'an you will see that it is more dignifying than the Biblical accounts
grin grin grin grin grin
Accounts are similar and one predates the other, lmao

Obviously the story in the quran is more dignifying to you.
If you can believe in a divine immaculation then you should be able to believe anything grin

Essentials and non essentials... Who defines that? You?

Judaism copied and edited. Zoroastrianism,
Christianity copied and edited judaism,
Zoroastrianism and some others.
Islam copied and edited Judaism and christianity and some arab religions.
All claim to be the true religion, non of the formers recognize the main prophet of the laters.
Its a pattern dude,
And its a shame that Africans are killing and hating each other over these middle eastern nonsense

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 16, 2017
davtosh:

Good question bro.

Africa can never be free as long as people like you with no concience and fear of God are still breathing.
Even if you dont belive in God and Jesus must you accuse someone you never met of crimes that He never commited.

Its like me saying your Father is mentally derailed.

Have I met him before? No

Is it right for me to judge him like that? No

Have I done a good thing ? No

Are u aware that the family linage ot Christ still do exist?
May be you dont. but they do.

How happy would you feel if someone comes out and say you great grandfather was a robber
and a cronic mental patient grin

You wont be happy I guess.

Next time you want to abuse Jesus remember He too has earthly family linage.

Practice your Atheism with sense and conscience.

Next!

Nice one, the 'logically' and 'rationally' thinking ones will call you names. Fear not. Speak-up, no one should intimidate you for your beliefs. They think they are wise, educated, and argue logically, they are but fools. This is a generation of people who have no due regard for their Creator.
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 16, 2017
plessis:

You're full of emptiness that's why you haven't been able to defend your claim that christ was innocent...

The fact remains.... Jesus was a criminal.... Kill yourself.. .
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by BetaThings: 12:07pm On Apr 16, 2017
ilynem:

Christianity started in the 1st century. Council of Nicea was in the third. And even your Koran in the 7th century confirms the "corrupted" Bible. So what do I believe?

Judaism started before Christianity
What should the Jews believe?

There are contradictions between the old and new testaments. Some Christians (even on NL) stick to the NT, some to the OT and majority to the two. So if Christians are dissociating from certain parts of the Bible, why should Muslims not say it is corrupted
Afterall the Bible has been revised severally in the past several years

Were people called Christians during the time of Jesus Christ?
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 16, 2017
plessis:
this one is confused....

how can you just pop out of nowhere and conclude that I have no conscience?...
a man who doesn't believe in God, doesn't deserve to breathe?...
Where have I stated that I'm irreligious?...
Why exactly did the Roman kill Jesus?....
Is treason a crime or not?...
What do you call someone who commits a crime if not a criminal?...
since when did stating a fact become an abuse?....
Do you even know the meaning of abuse?
Why do you lots keep ridiculing your religion?

Why did you all of a sudden, decide to expose your stupidity to the public?

You should Lock yourself in your toilet...look at your mirror and sincerely apologize to yourself for this nonsense you typed....

Now I know you are truelly mentally derailed.

I put a fact to u not to because u are an atheist behave like an animal which of course you are.

There are sensible Atheist on NL and you are not one of them.

You need urgent attention.

I wouldnt have answered you like this if not that my Bible ssys so.

" Answer not a fool according to is folly so you would not be like him
Answer a fool according to his folly so he would not be wise to himself"

You are Sick
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Inspectorsuga(m): 12:15pm On Apr 16, 2017
plessis:
is this your best defense?...

I'm only trying to make u understand how critical ur condition is....if u are looking for who will defend that trash u wrote earlier, i suggest u go n meet ur colleagues in yabaleft n seek their opinion....
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Ogalanyachieze: 12:15pm On Apr 16, 2017
dansegun57:
hmmm...this is the first time I'm hearing something like this
and ur a christian abi? Soon you will join a thread to blast pastors and christians? Even though you dont know the bible
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 16, 2017
davtosh:

Now I know you are truelly mentally derailed.

I put a fact to u not to because u are an atheist behave like an animal which of course you are.

There are sensible Atheist on NL and you are not one of them.

You need urgent attention.

I wouldnt have answered you like this if not that my Bible ssys so.

" Answer not a fool according to is folly so you would not be like him
Answer a fool according to his folly so he would not be wise to himself"

You are Sick
No need to tell him that he needs to see a Physician because he will disagree with you. A sick person can only be healed if he knows and is convinced that he is sick. Don't waste your energy on him, he doesn't deserve it. He is a slave, doing the bidding of his master- Lucifer (the father of lies).

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by ilynem(m): 12:19pm On Apr 16, 2017
BetaThings:

Judaism started before Christianity
What should the Jews believe?

There are contradictions between the old and new testaments. Some Christians (even on NL) stick to the NT, some to the OT and majority to the two. So if Christians are dissociating from certain parts of the Bible, why should Muslims not say it is corrupted
Afterall the Bible has been revised severally in the past several years

Were people called Christians during the time of Jesus Christ?
My bible has both the old and the new testaments. The old testament is just a preparation for the new after Adam fell. I will never dissociate myself from the old testament. Again, you Koran confirmed the gospels and the Torah. So if you want me to believe your Koran, I have to believe the old testament and the new testament.
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Mbediogu(m): 12:24pm On Apr 16, 2017
Omooba77:
The gaurds stationed at the tomb of Jesus took money to lie that Apostles came to steal him in the night.
Matthew 28:11-15 recorded this story; it showed He actually died and Arose. The lie of watch men could not hold water.
Money cant buy out the real facts about Jesus Christ.
Am I buying away Jesus by taking money to deny Him?
Happy Easter sirs and mas!

Oh, so no be today security men start to take bribe to deceive us eh? Issorite.
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by ziga: 12:24pm On Apr 16, 2017
jfolorun:

The ones written regarding your African deities are nothing but slavery, wickedness and hatred. How many innocent souls have been killed over the ages because these dead deities required human sacrifice. The gospel of Jesus brought freedom, peace and love to our lives.

Freedom for those who understand.

But the way our African brothers (opportunists) have been practicing, it is a tool of bondage!
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by BetaThings: 12:25pm On Apr 16, 2017
zainabxel:

"Even where accounts are similar, when you read the accounts in the Qur'an you will see that it is more dignifying than the Biblical accounts"

Accounts are similar and one predates the other, lmao
Why not?
They are revelations and they are supposed to be from the same source. There should be similarity

zainabxel:

Obviously the story in the quran is more dignifying to you.
Unless you have different definition and standards of dignity, it should be to you too

zainabxel:

If you can believe in a divine immaculation then you should be able to believe anything
Not necessarily

zainabxel:

Essentials and non essentials... Who defines that? You?
Every group of people can agree on essentials. There are things you do/believe in a religion that will be met with a mild rebuke and those that will take you out of the religion
Even Nigerians have standards - you can abuse the leaders without any reprisal, but it is a different issue to wish that Nigeria should be conquered in a war because you don't like the leader

zainabxel:

Judaism copied and edited. Zoroastrianism,
Christianity copied and edited judaism,
Zoroastrianism and some others.
Islam copied and edited Judaism and christianity and some arab religions.
And these are your viewpoints and they are not correct
Anyway how would Muhammed (SAW) have copied when he was an illiterate

zainabxel:

All claim to be the true religion, non of the formers recognize the main prophet of the laters.
Incorrect ma - Islam recognise the Prophets in the Bible
zainabxel:
Its a pattern dude,
With the others mostly. Islam as a religion will have similarities with others but compared to the others, it is to a lesser degree. And it is about tenets not necessarily because we just don't want to recoginse them

zainabxel:
And its a shame that Africans are killing and hating each other over these middle eastern nonsense
It is a shame. And it is no longer a Middle Eastern "nonsense". Nigerians are exporting Christianity to American and Europe
I thank Allah that the Qur'an tells me that Muslims are not extremists
Qur'an 2:143
Thus have We made of you an Ummah justly balanced that ye might be witnesses over the nations and the Apostle a witness over yourselves
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Phi001(m): 12:27pm On Apr 16, 2017
matrix600:
and even accepted Jeptha's daughter as a 'burnt offering'.

A typical example of pot calling the kettle black
It wasn't a burnt offering but a sacrifice and no killing was done...

Basically, she became a reverend sister...
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Onwardvic(m): 12:29pm On Apr 16, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
And he couldn't shame them by appearing in the synagogue for all to see?

Sometimes you don't need to explain as your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe you. As the popular saying goes "silence is the best answer to a fool"
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by leofab(f): 12:31pm On Apr 16, 2017
plessis:
Millions of Nigerians are celebrating the death of Jesus, a criminal that was hanged for sedition and treason....

same way they will celebrate Rev. Kings.. religion is a curse to humanity.
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 16, 2017
ziga:

Freedom for those who understand.

But the way our African brothers (opportunists) have been practicing, it is a tool of bondage!
I don't disagree with you bro. When people are religious, they find themselves in bondage. But Jesus does not care about religion, He only cares about establishing a cordial relationship between Man and God. Hence, He said, He is the Truth, the Way and the Life, everyone must go to the Father through Him. Jesus advocates Godliness and not religion. What is offensive about many people is that they are religious instead of being godly.

Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by plessis: 12:37pm On Apr 16, 2017
Inspectorsuga:

I'm only trying to make u understand how critical ur condition is....if u are looking for who will defend that trash u wrote earlier, i suggest u go n meet ur colleagues in yabaleft n seek their opinion....
your posts are mostly related to madness, yabaleft and psychiatry....

Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? grin cheesy
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by realemmyz: 12:45pm On Apr 16, 2017
He said he was going to resurrect on the third day meanwhile guard's were posted at d tomb entrance to prevent the disciple from taking his body Den claim he's resurrected But wen He rose from the dead truly and just the way he said he would. The guard's having witnessed this reported back to the chief's that accused him and on hearing this they were baffled then to prevent pple from discovering the truth of his resurrection they bribed d guard's to claim that his body was forcefully taken at night by his disciples.
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by realemmyz: 12:48pm On Apr 16, 2017
jfolorun:

I don't disagree with you bro. When people are religious, they find themselves in bondage. But Jesus does not care about religion, He only cares about establishing a cordial relationship between Man and God. Hence, He said, He is the Truth, the Way and the Life, everyone must go to the Father through Him. Jesus advocates Godliness and not religion. What is offensive about many people is that they are religious instead of being godly.
dont mislead urself and get d ryt knowledge about smtin lest u speak nonsense
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 16, 2017
plessis:

The productive things you have channeled your energy to all your life show me the results?
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 16, 2017
realemmyz:
dont mislead urself and get d ryt knowledge about smtin lest u speak nonsense
Don't start man, no need to expose your ignorance to this community. If you want to drag me into your arguments, I am sorry, find someone who is your equal. I will not respond to you again. As a piece of brotherly advice, please stop being lazy and type words properly to communicate your ideas to others.

Salaam grin
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Inspectorsuga(m): 12:57pm On Apr 16, 2017
plessis:
your posts are mostly related to madness, yabaleft and psychiatry....

Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? grin cheesy
Anyone who thinks like u also needs help as u do...
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2017
Inspectorsuga:

Anyone who thinks like u also needs help as u do...
You dignify this guy with your responses, he does not deserve them.
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by patorial(m): 1:01pm On Apr 16, 2017
IslamicRebel:
Africans and stupidity

You believe in a book written by foreigners

Where is your own book?
idiot and you do read the one written by the president of your country
Re: Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 16, 2017
jfolorun:

The ones written regarding your African deities are nothing but slavery, wickedness and hatred. How many innocent souls have been killed over the ages because these dead deities required human sacrifice. The gospel of Jesus brought freedom, peace and love to our lives.

TB Joshua: I Belong To ALL Political Parties / Bishop David & Faith Oyedepo Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Former Pope Benedict XVI To Be Buried On Jan 5

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91