Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,045 members, 7,814,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) (97678 Views)

Ndidi And The Telekinesis Man (A Fantasy Romance Novella By Kayode Odusanya) / Supernaculars [the Renascence] A Sci-fantasy Novel / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by sleemoon(m): 10:53am On Jul 13, 2017
Oga cyberrex... I see u ooo
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Cyberrex(m): 10:57am On Jul 13, 2017
AND LET THE FIGHT BEGIN!!
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Cyberrex(m): 11:03am On Jul 13, 2017
sleemoon:
Oga cyberrex... I see u ooo
I dey gallant
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Ofez: 12:06pm On Jul 13, 2017
Bros @ Apollux when we go see update na?
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by JohnGainsville(m): 1:14pm On Jul 13, 2017
Just can't wait to see Gamba the Hakunian, Khen the Kyaki and the arrogant Thrace the acolyte in action.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by donteanz(m): 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2017
MR. APOLLUX, I Don dey observation mode since your last update, even the towel wey i tire put for my waist, i never loose am since then
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 4:37pm On Jul 13, 2017
Lol so u r all waiting for a fight scene? Well I won't disappoint. But what chance do u think four people have against 20 plus enemies...

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by donteanz(m): 4:57pm On Jul 13, 2017
with the way you've analysed the abilities of each of this men with one extra backup{meera}. I have no doubt about the possible outcome.

all i have to say is, they don win.
LOBATAN!!!
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:06pm On Jul 13, 2017
Jarrael closed his eyes letting his consciousness sink into the states of Una. His Enri and Nam blending into one, flowing into all parts of his Nayak. Flowing into all his bones, joints and muscles. Enhancing his senses. He used his mind to blend into the rhythm of the hoof beats thundering from afar, dissecting and blending them so properly predict them and move inline with them.
His eyes open, the scimitars on his hands were held in easy grips. At the corner of his eyes, he saw Khen slowly blend into the shadows. One of the two moons was already climbing up giving very poor precious lighting, with enough shadows for the Kyaki to work in despite his white clothing. Gamba was standing by his right, a little to the left. His heavily muscled hands bent as if to grab something but empty, his huge war ax still hanged by his belt. The acolyte was staying far back behind him as he was instructed.
Suddenly a horse galloped out of the darkness with the rider holding the reins and lifting up a spear to strike at Jarrael. From the shadow, Khan’s voice uttered a short shout “hiyah! “, jumping out of the shadow at the rider, he swinged his slim curved blade at the rider. The rider jerked a bit as the horse thundered past Jarrael. After a few feet, the rider’s hand came down as the spear fell from his hand. His head slowly dropped from his shoulders, a testament to the precise cut of the Kyaki’s blade. The body fell off the horse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:21pm On Jul 13, 2017
Two riders charging with horses side by side bore down on Jarrael, both of them lifting up their spears to stabe him. Jarrael jumped high enough with a somersault lashing out at the riders with his blades at the two riders scoring very deep cuts on them. One at the chest, the other at the neck. Both of them tumble out of the mounts as the horse continued running oblivious of their demise.
Jarrael landed allowing his body to go down on a crouch so the ankles and knees won’t take the brunt of his rough landing. Just ahead of him another horse was coming at him fast. He was already aligning his move to the rhythm of the horse hooves when a shadow leaps over him from behind and landed on his front. It was Gamba. That giant definitely can move really fast and agilely too considering his size and bulk. Gamba stood facing the coming horse, both knees slightly bent in anticipation with toes and heels firmly dipped in the sandy ground.
Gamba leaped as the horse got close, circling his massively thewed arms around the heavily muscled neck of the horse pushing the mount back, unsettling both rider and the horse. He adjusted his hold , using one arm on the horse neck and putting the second hand below the neck between the fore hooves. He heaved and lifted. Lifting the two fore limbs of the horse from the floor , the rider still trying to settle back on the mount after the initial jeering, the muscles on Gamba’s arm standing out and rippling. With a final push, Gamba lifted the horse, with its twirling rider off the floor, all four hooves taken off the ground into the air. Gamba held them both over his head for a second before slamming both on the ground. The rider that was underneath the horse when the Hokunian dropped it, had his spine crushed, his ribs broke and the sharp points of the bones tearing through his lungs, he spew out thick globs of blood as his body jerked before dying under the heavy weight of the horse on him. The horse jammed its head directly to the ground as Gamba dropped it which broke its neck with weak movement it flopped briefly before staying still. Jarrael marveled at the feat just performed by Gamba, the Hokunian is immensely strong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2017
A fifth horse was just coming behind the one just downed by Gamba, when Khen appearing like a white streak in the poor moon light dove at the horse rider. A swing of his blade cut deep at the rider’s stomach, tearing open the flesh and spilling the intestines and organs open. The dying cry of anguish from the dying rider was loud.
“Hai wakun! “ (stop) a voice shouted in the herdsman's language somewhere in the darkness. The loud galloping sounds of the hoof beats stopped. The horses moved at a slow trot as they approached Jarrael, Gamba and the further back Thrace who hadn’t made a single move within this short brutal fight.
As the horses and riders came closer, the moonlight revealed them to be herdsmen with their traditional black satin and large turban. The numbers given by Khen about them was shown as accurate. Most of them carried long spears but all have bright gleaming tulwars hung naked on their belts.
As they stopped, they spread before Jarrael and his two companions, Khen was hiding in the shadows. As Jarrael saw they were herdsmen indeed, he decided to address them.
“Taliwakum mishrahim ani fati hal Al-hujinn ibn amsek narim? “ (Who dares interrupt an Al-hujinn on his goal of vengeance?)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by donteanz(m): 5:42pm On Jul 13, 2017
ride on brother!
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Cyberrex(m): 8:17pm On Jul 13, 2017
Blood, more blood.
Apollux I said more bl**ping BLOOD!!!
we want BLOOD!!!
good one Apollux
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Ofez: 8:18pm On Jul 13, 2017
Carry on brodaly nothing do u!
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:20pm On Jul 13, 2017
The herdsman at the front of the horse riders an elderly man whom Jarrael assumed was the leader, did a double back as if struck twice on the face. The elderly man was surprised that someone other than a herdsman can speak their language fluently. Also he claims to be an Al-hujinn. The man took a closer look at the speaker, he noticed the speaker was dressed as an Al-hujinn, not just that, he just fought like one. In as much as three eye blinks, five of his men are dead without knowing what killed them.
“Alikum mimsira askarinum, nohirm fesak. Aul Zakfir anib Zubril,nisk nas munim Al-hujinn sikiwa nurushin afeck metuba. “ (All hail terrible one, I am Zakfir anib Zubril. He who sent me to attack this camp never mentioned an Al-hujinn been among those I should kill)
“Funik martuba, zum zuril. “ (Then your life is forfeit) Jarrael said slowly.
Zakfir felt a cold stab of fear in his heart. When he was sent on this errand he was not told of an Al-hujinn been among. This already shows he will fail. He cannot hope to defeat an Al-hujinn with just two dozen men. Not to mention an Al-hujinn with other companions that looks like very skillful warriors. But even if the mighty high priest had told him to go face an Al-hujinn, he wouldn’t have been able to disobey. Though the Al-hujinn can kill him the high priest can both kill him, his family and people and still torment their souls. There is no other choice. He felt another stab of sadness and regret as he turned behind him to look at his sons. He decided bringing all seven of them to this trip because he felt they have grown very soft. A little skirmishes and bloodshed will toughen them a bit. In their days the various tribes of the herdsmen have cease hostilities towards each other so none of his sons have really been involved in any kind of real fighting. This was supposed to be the period for them to draw their first blood and became true men. Now he had led them to the jaws of death. It saddens him that his lineage will all end like this. He saw the fear on him mirrored on the faces of the older herdsmen who understood what this encounter means. The younger ones were showing slight irritation at been told to stop instead of attacking, killing and pillaging. Zakfir shook his head sadly, the foolishness of youth he thought.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:25pm On Jul 13, 2017
“ Imin martuba, zum zuril.. Shem shak nikura almisalim. Nimonee ahukura wataki imran.Emuwasarii fatwir mulalib. Al-hujinn nakir isalib zimzim na shirk. Tulmahajud ninomin akura. .” (True my life is forfeit but I have no better choice. Him, on whose errands I am on is more dangerous than any Al-hujinn. While you can only kill he, he has the power both over my life and soul)
“Jhayidaani y’ramurt. “(Die well) Jarrael said and moved. His speed dazzled the eyes of the herdsmen men that they haven’t even reacted when Jarrael get in their mist. Four dead bodies dropped from their horses before they knew what was going on. Jarrael was in their mist like a whirlwind. His sword flashed and another head dropped on the floor ahead of its body. One of them saw him as he opened his mouth to scream, the sharp point of a scimitar pierced his throat. As both horse and riders moved in circles, neighing and screaming, something seems to dash out of the darkness in a blur of white, strike a herdsman down from his horse and disappeared back into the shadows.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:35pm On Jul 13, 2017
Gamba had pulled up his huge twin edge battle ax. He charge a horse and rider coming at him. Just before the horse could get to him, he dove to the right and swing his ax at the rider. The force behind the attack was so great that the ax sliced through the rider cutting him in half at the stomach. The ax continued cutting down, it sliced through the horse back bone and half way through its belly. As Gamba pulled back his ax, the rider’s body fell in two different directions and the horse collapsed his head and forelegs curved almost to the hind legs. The back cut wide open spraying blood in a wide fountain.
“Tarbiathair! “ (scatter!) Zakfir screamed seeing as his men were being cut down so easily. The herdsmen men deftly moved their horses in well organized maneuvers and attacked each fighter in groups of twos and threes, crowding them to allow for less space for them to strike at them.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:41pm On Jul 13, 2017
Gamba was being attacked by two herdsmen, one at the front and the other at the back. They were attacking him with their spears which have a more longer reach than their tulwars. Gamba with speed that surprised his attackers, he deflected their spear thrusts with his ax with speed and skill. He quickly caught hold of one of the spear after dodging a thrust from one of them, he pulled the spear quickly from the herdsman which unbalanced the rider. He almost fell from the horse but quickly righted himself. Gamba threw the spear aiming it at the second herdsman. The herdsman quickly pulled back on the reins of his horse, stopping the horse movement quickly enough to dodge the spear thrown at him. Gamba actually did that to quickly distract him so he can face the second herdsman. The herdsman was busy pulling out his tulwar from his belt after loosing his spear when Gamba turned to him and landed a heavy roundhouse punch on the rider’s horse head. The horse staggered heavily backwards and collapse on the ground trapping the rider under it. The second herdsman thrust the spear at Gamba who quickly squat down as the spear point passed over his head. He cut up with his ax. The cut sliced through the herdsman leg and buried deep in the horse guts. The herdsman screamed, dropping his spear and holding the stomp that was formerly his legs pumping out pints of blood. Gamba smashed the exposed throat of the screaming herdsman as the horse he was on staggered to death. The blow smashed his throat crushing all the organs in the neck, the herdsman choked on his blood as he trashed and his lungs swelled as the blood vessels in them couldn’t give out the blood filling them. The herdsman died drowning in his blood. Gamba moved slowly to the knocked out horse and the herdsman squirming underneath the weight of the horse that trapped him. The herdsman’s leg, his tummy and the hand holding his tulwar were pinned under the unmoving horse. His left hand feebly trying to push his body out of the weight holding him down but failing. When Gamba walked to him, his sandaled feet making loud crunch on the sands, he stood a while watching the pitiful attempt of the herdsman and with a quick move he lifted his feet and smashed it down hard on the herdsman’s head. The fore head caved in as the back of the head blew out spilling thick blood mixed with brain tissues.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:42pm On Jul 13, 2017
So what do you guys think about their fighting prowess? Which of them has surprised you with their abilities
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Ofez: 9:55pm On Jul 13, 2017
Khan is good, but for Jarrel to be surprise by the way Gamba moves. I would go with Gamba...
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Speedstar09: 10:27pm On Jul 13, 2017
Kai,walahi this apollux is a master crafts man.and just to think that this is a spin off just makes me yearn for the main book...baba please work on your typos(i ghast critize small make e balance na grin )

Baba just fire on jareh smiley
Notice:i am an adept in undetected infiltration;ghost reading peas pardon me grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Auric(m): 3:33am On Jul 14, 2017
ooooooo Apollux I understand u a busy man but d update too short na see action d suspense is killing me plzzz ooooooooo. nor. let me report u to authorities for withholding data meant for public consumption
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by sleemoon(m): 6:53am On Jul 14, 2017
Apollux:
So what do you guys think about their fighting prowess? Which of them has surprised you with their abilities

M not satisfied... I wish lady thorn will join up wif them.. #sobs...

Where's my lady thorn.... Bring back my lady thorn
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Matrycx(m): 6:54am On Jul 14, 2017
apollux man u b bomb, i picture dis as d assasin creed game,, more ink 2 ur pen man, i tink ruel is d either d chief priest of nemphis, or a sorcerer from a long time ago
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by JohnGainsville(m): 7:55am On Jul 14, 2017
Quite impressed that Khen even with his white attire can blend into the dark and Gamba, he makes really good use of his strength. I'm yet to see what Thrace can do.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Cyberrex(m): 8:00am On Jul 14, 2017
Jarreal and Gamba are bloodthirsty semi demon
now introduce the lady, and let her have fun too
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:27am On Jul 14, 2017
Cyberrex:
Jarreal and Gamba are bloodthirsty semi demon

now introduce the lady, and let her have fun too
Lol Thrace is not really a fighter per say. When it comes to brute force and fighting skills, he is the weak link of the group. Remember Ruel told Jarrael that Thrace has very little skills even as a sorcerer. What really brought him to the attention of the Magus, is the natural ability of magic power he possess. What he lacks is skills as a fighter sorcerer. But he makes up with that by being potentially powerful

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:38am On Jul 14, 2017
Five herdsmen charged at Thrace howling with glee at the apparent easy kill. Of all those they had come to kill, the acolyte on a long robe looked the most vulnerable because he hadn’t even done anything since the fight began. And to the eyes of the charging herdsmen, his staying about from the area of the fight was a show of weakness and fear.
As they got close to the acolyte, they noticed that his face became lighter from the darkness that covered it before. They also noticed that the source of the light was his right hand that seem to be glowing. The lightened face of Thrace grinned as he raised his hand with the fingers splayed. The herdsmen dimly realized that something was wrong before five bolts of lighting came from the five fingers and struck them. Instantly their bodies became human charcoals and the horses continued their gallop a if nothing had happened.
Zakfir watched with mounting dread as his men were decimated no matter what style of fighting technique employed. He was still looking with horror on his eyes as the white streak dashed out of the shadows again. A herdsman screamed and fell off his horse dead. This time the white streak didn’t go back into the shadows, then Zakfir realized the white streak was a little man putting on white clothes. How can a man on white effectively hide in the dark. He was still puzzling on that as the man on white rolled into the mist of three of his herdsmen all armed with spears and tulwars which they all employed. The man on white, with speed beyond belief engaged all three herdsmen on horses, parrying the strikes of six weapons attack with calm movements and steady coordination. The man flicked his hands twice, and two shard objects, like tiny knives left his hands and two of the heads men dropped off their horse and collapsed. Their mounts trampling on them. While the last herdsman he faced was still trying to recover from the shock of the sudden attacks, the man on white shove his long sword up at the rider who tried to deflect the attack with his tulwar. But the blade was too fast. It sliced through a tiny open space, plunge into his stomach and burst out of the back. The herdsman fell from the horse as the man in white pulled out his sword.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:45am On Jul 14, 2017
These are killers that he and his men do not have a chance again. He looked around and saw as the Al-hujinn dispatched with the last of his attackers. Bodies, both horses and men piled up around him. He is the deadliest of them all. A true Al-hujinn. Zakfir wailed within him and cursed all that had made him witnessed the famed actions of the Al-hujinn. All the horrors that the legends had narrated about the blood thirsty killers are true, everything to the minute detail. As he watched, the Al-hujinn turned to face him, also the giant and the little man in white. The far off man in a robe whom he believed now is a powerful sorcerer watched him from that distance as he toyed with lightning bolts on his fingers.
Just behind him are three of his youngest sons. “Yarkubri! “ (flee) he screamed. The three herdsmen behind him turned their horses and fled from the place with the horses cantering at great speed

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Cyberrex(m): 9:28am On Jul 14, 2017
Apollux:

Lol Thrace is not really a fighter per say. When it comes to brute force and fighting skills, he is the weak link of the group. Remember Ruel told Jarrael that Thrace has very little skills even as a sorcerer. What really brought him to the attention of the Magus, is the natural ability of magic power he possess. What he lacks is skills as a fighter sorcerer. But he makes up with that by being potentially powerful

okay
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by sleemoon(m): 10:12am On Jul 14, 2017
Apollux:
These are killers that he and his men do not have a chance again. He looked around and saw as the Al-hujinn dispatched with the last of his attackers. Bodies, both horses and men piled up around him. He is the deadliest of them all. A true Al-hujinn. Zakfir wailed within him and cursed all that had made him witnessed the famed actions of the Al-hujinn. All the horrors that the legends had narrated about the blood thirsty killers are true, everything to the minute detail. As he watched, the Al-hujinn turned to face him, also the giant and the little man in white. The far off man in a robe whom he believed now is a powerful sorcerer watched him from that distance as he toyed with lightning bolts on his fingers.
Just behind him are three of his youngest sons. “Yarkubri! “ (flee) he screamed. The three herdsmen behind him turned their horses and fled from the place with the horses cantering at great speed

Hehehehehehe.... Won fi ere ge!
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 11:38am On Jul 14, 2017
tell me something.... What have i bin missing? Appollux u 2 much... Ride on bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (38) (Reply)

Life Of A Uam Boy / Naija Thug Life (Foxy, Flow1759 & The Rock555 Collabo) / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.