Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) (97912 Views)

Ndidi And The Telekinesis Man (A Fantasy Romance Novella By Kayode Odusanya) / Supernaculars [the Renascence] A Sci-fantasy Novel / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 12:58pm On Jul 06, 2017
Lol you guys could be right... But I think very little have been revealed about Mibazar here, so it's very likely that he will be underrated. On the major story, GHEMARIA CANTICLES, Mibazar's skills are in full sway... Well let's just watch. Trust me neither Mibazar nor Ruel are what they appeared to be..... Let me not spill the beans grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by tomanney: 3:35pm On Jul 06, 2017
So I have been reading this, and from the surface, Ruel seems a good manipulator, he uses past events (strong on the emotions), also dangles good and enticing incentives just so Jarreal can take the offer.
But, I am sensing something underneath in the sense of a connection between the Mibazar, Mibazars Boss(The Chief Priest) and Ruel, its not a conflict of interest but a congruence of same goals albeit different ways.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Cyberrex(m): 3:56pm On Jul 06, 2017
Reul seems to know more about jarreal than he(jarreal) does, which only means one thing "he has been there the whole time"

I don't wanna jump into hasty conclusion since I haven't read the original series but I'll go with tomanney on this one, there is a link between the supreme priest and reul, cause I don't wanna believe jarreal has been under a mere merchant'a radar without him knowing, and the bl**p the he found jarreal's informant

to your question, I think ruel manipulates the most (cos hez a merchant), tarikh is just an idiot who can't see beyond his nose (the priest is not manipulating him but preying on his stupidity)
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Cyberrex(m): 4:02pm On Jul 06, 2017
tomanney:
So I have been reading this, and from the surface, Ruel seems a good manipulator, he uses past events (strong on the emotions), also dangles good and enticing incentives just so Jarreal can take the offer.
But, I am sensing something underneath in the sense of a connection between the Mibazar, Mibazars Boss(The Chief Priest) and Ruel, its not a conflict of interest but a congruence of same goals albeit different ways.

Reul could be the supreme priest, cause no one knows him and with what apollux said he's a powerful sorcerer that hasn't been challenged in awhile

how the bleep can he know so much for a merchant, I know gossip flies around in taverns and pub but "his" argument are damn accurate (at least)
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Dare2Try(m): 4:07pm On Jul 06, 2017
Cyberrex:

Reul could be the supreme priest, cause no one knows him and with what apollux said he's a powerful sorcerer that hasn't been challenged in awhile

how the bleep can he know so much for a merchant, I know gossip flies around in taverns and pub but "his" argument are damn accurate (at least)

I agree with u on this one bro, coz Ruel is also after what mibazar is looking for
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Cyberrex(m): 4:34pm On Jul 06, 2017
Dare2Try:

I agree with u on this one bro, coz Ruel is also after what mibazar is looking for

thank you
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 4:40pm On Jul 06, 2017
Wow intrigue upon intrigue, too many subterfuge. I like all the assessments you guys have made, they all have merits. But I'm going to promise you one thing... Em actually it's two. Before this chapter runs out, I'm going to give just a flash of a glace about who Ruel really is (at least at this ppint it's more glaring that Ruel is not just a rich greedy merchant).
The second thing is that at the end of this story, there will be a massive revelation of who Mibazar really is that none of you will see it coming.
You are all free to make ur guesses though... But it will be a shocker.
Guys you all know me, I keep the best for last.

So guys rate this story on a scale of one to ten.

Oh else i forget, for those who are fans of MARVEL CHRONICLES, I'm having this thought of writing a story on THE AFTERLIFE PRISON, what do u guys think?Though I want it open for any writer who likes writing science fiction to pick it up and write about it. I can produce most of the details that will be needed, I can even offer some plots suggestions. So any takers?
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 4:58pm On Jul 06, 2017
meneski gives dis story 9 stars

the story is just superb.

Even in an uncompleted state.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by donteanz(m): 5:08pm On Jul 06, 2017
MR. Apollux, walahi you're the Bomb rocking this section of NL
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by donteanz(m): 5:09pm On Jul 06, 2017
Ruel is the better manipulator down here. The way he organises his statements to suite the actions he wants to precede them is one that comes with a very power intelligence .
On the scale of one to ten, i rate this trend 9/10 cikena
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Tuhndhay(m): 7:03pm On Jul 06, 2017
Mibazar might be the head of the "Black Robe Assassin" i have a feeling it is so and for Reul hahahahahahahaha to have known so much secret about the court, the father's secret and how he was recruited, the agenda of the Baron and how to stop him, the King wanting to allow peace reign, the old relics and manuscript about the town.... Think guys he can only be a member of the Ruling house most probably "hehehehehehehehe " i hope you catch the drift
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by zesh(m): 7:10pm On Jul 06, 2017
jarreal will find the chest but wont drop it, then another mission will begin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 7:46pm On Jul 06, 2017
Lol u guys are just making this story all the more interesting and intriguing... Well one thing about Memoirs of Blood and Steel is nothing is really as it appears, and the story won't end the way most people will think it will. This is one story that the plot's outcome is hard to predict.
Please more contributions and insights, let me see if anyone can come close to predicting some of the directions this story will take.
Pls remember we are still debating who is a better manipulator, Ruel or Mibazar.. . Clue, look beyond the surface or what is revealed, try to read between the line. Focus on a lot of things that are not directly mentioned only inferred. grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:15am On Jul 07, 2017
Getting out of the warehouse door, the compound surrounding it was in darkness, besides the four guards at the doors and in the warehouse, there appears to be no one else around. Most of the workers have gone, closed for the day’s work.
“Sumair, “ the merchant called quietly but insistently looking around in the dark compound, the light spilling from the open door of the warehouse extending the shadows of him and Jarrael long ahead of them to mix up with the darkness before them.
A sharp sound of metal striking a flint was loud in the quiet compound. A spark shown which turned into a blaze of a bright torch. The light from the touch dangles as the person holding it walked with awkward steps. Coming out of the shadow, a man dressed in hard leather jerkins, a round helmet on his his head, one hand lifting the burning torch above his head and the other grabbing a long metal spear, with a round buckler on the arm walked as if he is limping. A second look showed Jarrael that the man has a clubfoot. This should be the Sumair.
“Take us to the place. “ Ruel ordered him.
“The place? “ Sumair asked with a quizzical look directed at Jarrael.
“Yes, the place. “ Ruel insisted.
“Alright master, please follow me. “ Sumair led them swiftly through the dark compound, his blazing touch lighting the way. His clubfoot didn’t seem to hamper his quick and sure footed steps. At a low door, he stopped, dropping the spear and the buckler, he performed a complex hand symbols too fast for Jarrael’s keen eyes to decipher and the lips of Sumair seem to speak words that were completely inaudible even in the dead silence around them. He pulled a key out of the fold of his trousers, inserted it into a tiny key hole. He pushed the door open, went into the dark maw of the entrance and dim light flickered from it later. “You can come in now master. “ he bowed lowly as Ruel and Jarrael came in.
“Sumair no one, absolutely no one comes through this door until we are through. “ Ruel instructed the clubfooted man.
“Yes master, no one will.” Sumair picked up both his spear and buckler.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:19am On Jul 07, 2017
Jarrael snickered privately as he heard that.
“Do not underrate Sumair, despite his outward appearance, there is so much more to him. You will be hard pressed to defeat him in combat besides that he have other skills you know nothing about. There are very few in Ghemmaria that can match him in might. “ Ruel said without turning to look back at his guest.
“If you say so merchant. “
The burning torch produced thick dark smoke that smell like burnt oil, which made Jarrael suspect that they have used pitch for the torches. This place will have very dark smudges for very long time. They walked for a while between close walls with very rough stone surfaces. The passage seem to go on level for a while then they encountered stairs that were heading down. The stairs were spiraling in continuous circle downward. At the end of the stairs are three heavy wooden doors held together by thick rusting irons. The two by the left and right were locked the one in the middle was open.
When they got in through the middle open door, it led into a spacious room, wide with some luxurious furniture. A long rich woolen recliner was at the left, a beautifully carved and shaped table occupies the center of the room with rich colored carpets. The few areas not covered by the carpet showed the floor is made of gray colored polished terrazzo. Beautifully decorated curtains with gossamer like appearance hanged on the walls and high ceiling. A throne like gold gleaming chair occupies the right and scattered at various parts of the room are comfortable chairs, five in numbers, but three of them were occupied. The room was well illuminated due to several small glass covered lamps put on in the rooms. Only among the richest of the rich can you find such obvious opulence and extravagance.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:26am On Jul 07, 2017
“Jarrael come let me introduce you to your fellow travelers who you will lead on this journey. “ Ruel gestured at the people occupying the three chairs. “This is Gamba “ He indicated a dark skinned man, that stood up respectfully as his name was mentioned. He is a giant, more than seven feet tall. His ebony skin was built of rippling muscles, evenly parted tummy and hardened flesh. He was dressed in a loin cloth made of spotted leather from a snow cat and waist wrapped about with thick black leather holding a leather twine on which hanged a huge double edged battle axe. “He is a Hakunian, from the far away land of Hakun Southeast beyond the Lesser sea. In the days of legends the Hakunians were part of the Gondolians. But a family among them proved too violent and blood thirsty for the Gondolians’ taste. The family, headed by their father called Hok, was banished. They travelled south for a long time and settled at the place they occupy now. They are a warlike people. Treacherous and untrustworthy. But Gamba seems different. His different view of things made him something of an outcast among his people. I saved his life once and since then he owes me a life gratitude. “
The black giant bowed to both Ruel and Jarrael.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Cyberrex(m): 8:47am On Jul 07, 2017
following
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:07am On Jul 07, 2017
“This is Khen, he is a Kyaki, from the continent of Kyaka, he was born and grew up in the city of Shoto. His family is a member of the white-lily society, fierce enemy of the Black Robes, Order of Assassins. They are such great fighters, that are a match to the ferocity and skill of the black robes, otherwise the black robes would have wiped them out. Khen is from a family whose sacred duty is to protect the ruling family members. Khen failed in that duty when an overwhelming number of black robes attacked a ruling family home. Khen couldn’t stop them all. The ruling family member was killed in the attack. Khen fought them off as best as he could but their numbers were more than he could have taken on alone. The black robes didn’t kill him, they left him to face the shame and dishonor that was bound to follow him.
“His family was disappointed in him, they said he should have committed the ritual suicide. But since Khen refused to kill himself. He was stripped of his position cast out by family and his people. “ Khen, is a man lithe and of small stature but with movements that looks like he is ready to spring at any moment. Jarrael noted silently that Khen is a trained killer, as well trained probably as he is. Khen bowed a little, he was putting on a white silk shirt with sleeves wrapped in white clothes, same silk material for trousers, his feet was covered with soft cloth like leather.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:12am On Jul 07, 2017
“And here is Thrace, an acolyte of the league of mages. He is on loan to me from the head of the league, the chief magus, my friend who also owes me a lot of favour. Thrace is just an acolyte, who not long ago started his training in the mystic arts but don’t let that dissuade you, he is a natural with sorcery. What took others years of studies and discipline to achieve he accomplished at the start of his training. So he may not be an adept in the lore of sorcery but his is potentially and naturally powerful. “ Thrace just sat looking at them both with a condescending gaze. He was wearing the brown robe of an acolyte, a gnarled wooden staff lay by his side and a belt of gold gleamed around his waist. Jarrael quickly knew he was going have a problem with this one. Well he knows the moment he showed him that despite his magical powers, Jarrael can still take him out, he should fall in line.
“So these are your companions, they know as much as is needed for them to know. “ Ruel turned to face him. “They have been instructed to obey you at all times without questions and always follow your lead. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:26am On Jul 07, 2017
Please guys just a reminder, if any of the names of the places mentioned seems confusing, refer to all the 3 maps I added initially, it will give u an idea of the places and events narrated about the areas will be clearer
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:32am On Jul 07, 2017
Jarrael watched Ruel for a long time, with conflicting thoughts going through his mind. Who really is Ruel? It’s glaring that he is not just a merchant, he knows too much. He knows things that even the wise men and sorcerers will take so long to acquire. How has he come by them? Who is he that the great magus of the league of mages owes him favor, that he can release a powerful acolyte to him at his call? Besides , what game is Ruel playing? What is his role in all these? One way to fine out.
“Why? “ Jarrael asked the merchant. “ Why are you involved in all these? What do you plan to gain or achieve? This definitely is not the concern of a rich merchant. What is in it for you? “
Ruel smiled, put his hand round Jarrael’s shoulders and slowly led him out of the room back to the stairs and they started climbing up. “All these I’m doing is not actually selfless, I have long term gain in mind. I consider all these as a sacrifice. See in a world ruled by the priests of Nemphis, my businesses will collapse, my wealth will vanish. I will end up pauper , a poor beggar or worse a slave to the totalitarian rule they will unleash. “
A questing look came on Jarrael’s face as the merchant spoke.
“Oh I know what you may be thinking, that as an opportunist, greedy and smart merchant, I can turn the rule by the priests to my advantage. “ After a hearty laugh that interrupted his talk he continued. “That should have been the normal thing to do, but the priests of Nemphis are dubious, unpredictable and you can’t be sure what their actions will be. Business can only thrive in an atmosphere of political stability. The priests fight among themselves, they hate each other as much as they hate the rest of the world. So I prefer things being the way they are. After all I made all my wealth in this present political landscape. “
“Ruel, I don’t thrust you. “
“Of course you don’t have to. “ Ruel replied jovially. “You don’t trust anyone. I don’t even think there is anyone that trusts me. Besides my friend, I’m paying you handsomely for your efforts, so what’s the need for trust when there is profit. “ Ruel laughed long and hard till they came out of the winding stairs.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by stephenGee12(m): 9:43am On Jul 07, 2017
Don Apollux Marvel I hail ooooo.
Abeg make u drop the full story here ooooo.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 9:46am On Jul 07, 2017
. All dis guys u just mentioned is ther history in the main book? Especialy dat enemy of the black robe.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 10:03am On Jul 07, 2017
meneski:
. All dis guys u just mentioned is ther history in the main book? Especialy dat enemy of the black robe.
Lol, no. There stories ends here.
So do u like them?
Anyway there is one more person to join this short expedition, try and guess who?
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 10:29am On Jul 07, 2017
Apollux:

So do u like them?
Anyway there is one more person to join this short expedition, try and guess who?
sumair.....
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 10:46am On Jul 07, 2017
meneski:
sumair.....
Lol, u like him? He seem mysterious right? Well nothing much about him... For now cheesy
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 10:47am On Jul 07, 2017
meneski:
sumair.....
Nope sumair is not the one grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by tomanney: 10:51am On Jul 07, 2017
Apollux:

So do u like them?

His Sister.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 10:51am On Jul 07, 2017
Apollux:
Nope sumair is not the one grin
lady Thron

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Cyberrex(m): 6:03pm On Jul 07, 2017
Apollux:

So do u like them?
lady Thorne
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 6:31pm On Jul 07, 2017
Cyberrex:

lady Thorne
Do u know there is something about Ruel that I cleverly made a bit obscure except for a smart mind.
Hint, u will get it during the initial discuss btw Ruel and Jarrael at the office in the warehouse. Another clue.... Na if I give it finding it out will be too easy.... Come on guys lets have fun
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Dare2Try(m): 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2017
Another bomb from Appollux as usual, boss I salute ur intelligent

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (38) (Reply)

Life Of A Uam Boy / Naija Thug Life (Foxy, Flow1759 & The Rock555 Collabo) / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.