Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,426 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) (97563 Views)

Ndidi And The Telekinesis Man (A Fantasy Romance Novella By Kayode Odusanya) / Supernaculars [the Renascence] A Sci-fantasy Novel / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 3:57pm On May 19, 2017
mention me on d next update......in ahmoud voice-pls free me first...frm d suspense
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 4:39pm On May 19, 2017
A sudden bark of laugh was the herdsman response. “ And do you plan to stop us honored sir? “
Jarrael said nothing, he just looked at them with his cold stare. Ah’moud cried out suddenly but was cut short when the smallest of the herdsmen slammed his jaw savagely with a backhand. Then turning to the three other herdsmen, he said something in their language too fast for Jarrael to catch.
At a blur, Jarrael flicked his right hand and just like magic, a small knife travel the short intervening space between him and the herdsmen, the sharp blade hitting the smallest of them on the forehead and sinking deep into the skull till the hilt. He was stopped in mid speech as his eyes rolled up to the protruding part of the blade on his forehead with sudden shock and surprise before he blanked out, dropping suddenly on the floor, he twitched a bit then went still.
Cries of shock and anger spilled from the other three herdsmen as they turned to face Jarrael who was already taking a fighting stance with his twin scimitars clenched on tight fists. The herdsmen also drew their tulwars, raised them above their heads, with curses and battle cries spewing from their lips, they charged at Jarrael.

meneski

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 4:43pm On May 19, 2017
Jarrael moved with the speed of a jungle panther and the fluidity of an air serpent. His mind was already in tune with the sword dance of Kief. His Enri and Nam clear and visualizing the likely steps of his assailant. Those few who had been privileged to watch the sword dance of Kief in action and live to tell tales about it have maintained that the Kief gives the user a kind of precognition. But Jarrael knows, it is all about skills been developed to understand your enemy and predict his moves accurately during conflict.
Two of the herdsmen came at him at once while the third hanged back to cover them. Jarrael’s hands moved with breathtaking speed as he parried the sword strokes sent at him. The clashing of swords ringing in the room. He moved at a somersault, heading for the third herdsmen. His feet swing out in a circle, knocking the man off his feet. As the herdsmen fell heavily to the ground, Jarrael scimitar followed him. The keen edge of the blade pierced his chest at the left side, cutting through the ribs and punching the heart and lungs. Death was instantaneous for the fallen herdsmen.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 4:47pm On May 19, 2017
The remaining two herdsmen now looked at Jarrael as he slowly faced them one of his scimitars dripping blood, with fear dominating their features. This time Jarrael attacked. They brought up their tulwars in a pitiful attempt to parry the scimitars, but a simple flick of his wrist, Jarrael’s blade slide through the edge of a tulwar and inflicted a deep cut on the hand holding it. The herdsman screamed and dropped his blade. Jarrael parried the other sword strike the second herdsman threw at him. Jarrael kicked out with his foot, and smashed at the delicate flesh between the joints of both legs by the solar plexus. The herdsman was so gripped by pains he couldn’t even scream, his mouth was just frozen in a wide O. He faced the other herdsman who had dropped his sword, cradling his bleeding arm.
As he got to him, he spoke in the dialect of the herdsmen. “Wallu Ibn su Al-hujinn ibn na sayak. “ I’m one of your enemy one of the Al-Hu jinn.

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 5:24pm On May 19, 2017
wallu ibn su followers.......i cant help but view d whole fight scene in my hd plasma tv in my mind ;
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:25pm On May 19, 2017
Fear gripped the bleeding herdsman. Jarrael hit his head with a round kick to the side of the head by the ear. The kicked knocked the herdsman back some feet as he crashed into a wall. He passed out. Looking at the remaining one, Jarrael saw that the pains he was passing through have been over taken by the superstitious fear that is ingrained into his being. The dread of the fearsome assassins. Jarrael smacked his neck with the flat edge of his palm but pulled back a bit on the strike so it wouldn’t kill the herdsman, a sudden shock stole the wind from him. He dropped down and lied still. Anyway they became harmless to him the moment they knew he is a black robe. They being kept alive will serve to use them to spread the story than an Al-hujinn is in their neighborhood, others will learn to avoid him.
Ah’moud was panting, sweating and dripping blood. Jarrael could see the marks of the desperate attempts he had just made to escape while he was busy disposing the herdsmen. The twine that was used to tie him to the chair have made serious cuts on this arms.
“You are going nowhere sniveling back stabbing dolt. “ Jarrael said as he came before Ah’moud looking at the pitiful sight.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 1:43pm On May 20, 2017
“Oh thanks for saving my life Jarrael. Getting beaten and almost tortured to death is a very exhausting and thirsty affair. “ Ah’moud spoke excitedly as if not hearing anything Jarrael just said. His words sounded wheezing and each sentence seem to end in a hiss.
Jarrael cut the twine that held him bound to the chair but pushed him back to the seat as he tried to get up.
“Well if you won’t let me get up at least get me the jug of wine on that table, my throat is patched and soon I may not be able to speak. “ he pointed at a silver jug on the table.
Jarrael handed over the jug to him, after taking two huge swig, he cleared his lips with the back of his hand. “So to what do I owe this sudden but most grateful visit? “
“You lied to me about the information given to me concerning Tarikh's secret trip to Aram. You didn’t tell me everything. “ Jarrael said slowly as he moved one of the bleeding dead body of a herdsman aside.
“I didn’t tell you everything? “ Ah’moud asked in shock.
“Yes, you betrayed me and kept some important details from me. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 1:47pm On May 20, 2017
“I betrayed you and kept some important details from you? “ Ah’moud has an annoying habit of rephrasing questions asked to him and throwing it back at the source, especially when agitated.
“Yes Ah’moud, care to throw more light on that before I loose my patience and just decide to simply finish what the herdsmen started. “
“But that Is impossible. “ Ah’moud said, his eyes pleading because he knows Jarrael never jokes. “I gave you every information I had. The time of Tarikh’s travel, where he will be staying during his time in Aram, the number of his personal royal guards. The room he will be sleeping in and his security and protection details. All these I verified for myself before handing them down to you. “
“All of them were accurate but one single important detail you left out. “
“I left our one detail? Pray sir, do tell which of them did I leave out? “
“You didn’t tell me that Tarikh will be having a priest of Nemphis with him? “
The room went deathly quiet after Jarrael's words. “A priest of Nemphis? “ has it been said by any other than Jarrael, Ah’moud would have called the person a liar. But knowing Jarrael, he never fool around with things like this.
“Yes a black robed smelly breath tattooed faced stinking priest of Nemphis. “ Jarrael had been pacing when saying this, stopped and turned to his only audience. “That single detail made me miss my target. Made all my efforts a waste. Including the money I spent to purchase the information from you. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Cyberrex(m): 6:04pm On May 20, 2017
thumbs up
keep it rolling
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Mutaino7(m): 12:49pm On May 21, 2017
present sir
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by tahir01(m): 7:36am On May 22, 2017
Loving this. keep it up.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 3:13pm On May 22, 2017
“By Arl, Dramir and Ashaera this is a most saddening episode. “ said Ah’moud gravely.
“I have never known you to be chaste, so why call on the name of Arl, the father god. “ a cold smiled took an ominous shape on Jarrael’s face. “Well Dramir would have fit you but you have never openly admitted to being a thief, so you have not lot with the god of thieves. But my real surprise is you identifying with the snake queen goddess of the Gondolians. “
“Oh about that, I’m planning to go hide among them very soon to escape from my numerous enemies that seems to be popping up with more intensity these days, always bent on skinning me alive. “
“Ah’moud you can’t continue to owe people and not expect them to come after you. You may be able to escape them when you run to Gondola, the land of the snake people, but no where on Ghemmaria can hide you from me. “ Jarrael took the jug from him, put it back on the table. Sat down beside it, brought out a small throwing knife and began to twirl it between his fingers. His eyes cold, bore into Ah’moud’s own as he asked, “Your last chance to tell me the truth, why did you keep back part of the information from me? “
He trembled as he replied, making the sign of sincerity among the Amirians with the flat of the palm touching his forehead. “I swore to you on the graves of my ancestors that I told you everything I know. All I gave you was as I received them from a reliable source. But I did personally verified all the information with a discreet personal investigation before passing them to you. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 3:17pm On May 22, 2017
“Now this is interesting “, Jarrael casually pointed the small knife at Ah’moud’s direction. “When you were collecting the huge sum I paid you for the information, you gave the impression that you alone was the original source of it. “
“Oh I’m sorry for that. Was really desperate then. Was up to my neck deep in gambling expenses at the game houses in Aram. “ Ah’moud took the torn pieces of a cloth, used it to wipe the blood and sweat from his face. “I really needed your money. Was afraid if I told you the truth about the source of my information you may withdraw the payment. But with all honesty, I got it from a very reliable person. “
“It’s amazing that with all the debts you claimed was pressing on you, when I paid you, you did nothing to offset any of them but ran away with the money to another place to squander it. “ With a sigh, Jarrael threw the small knife at Ah’moud’s direction. “You deserve more than the herdsmen were about to do to you. “
Ah’moud’s almost dried face burst out with new sweat as he saw the hilt of the blade protruding on the bed with the blade sinking into the space between his laps just close to his pleasure point and jewels. He didn’t even see Jarrael move his hand.
“I would gladly separate your head from your shoulders, hang it on a pole and give your body to the ever hungry buzzards of the desert. “ Jarrael let his elbows rest on both knees, putting his palms together and letting the joint palms stay on his lips. “Now what is holding me back from killing you is me wanting to know the person you got your information from. If you intend to remain alive, you will answer openly. No lies or half truths or omissions. Can you do that to stay alive? “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 4:43pm On May 22, 2017
Ah’moud nods his head rapidly. “Of cause Jarrael, I would love to go on breathing. By Arl and all the holy ones, I promise to tell you all and holding nothing back.”
“Swear not by the gods, Ah’moud, you should know they are no longer allowed to run the affairs of men. No god inhabits Ghemmaria now not for the past millennia, except maybe the snake queen of Gondola, who had to lower her self to a demigod in other to do that. So the gods won’t hear you to save you from me. “ Jarrael allowed that to sink in first. “So who is the source of that information? “
“I only know him as a rich merchant whose name is Ruel. He is definitely not from any of the southern lands, he has the skin type and hair color of a northerner. Though I know next to nothing about him apart from what he had told me about himself, despite all my personal underground effort to find out. But since all the information he had given to me are always accurate, I stopped bothering myself on who he really is. “
After a moment’s silence, Jarrael asked, “And where can I find this Ruel you are talking about? “
“Last I saw him, he was in Zin. He is staying with a very wealthy fishmonger over there. Ruel was trading in fishing nets, hooks, harpoons, wool, hide, skin and precious jewels. “ Ah’moud stopped for a while, winded. He indicated that Jarrael should hand over the wine jug to him. After taking a drink he continued. “From what he told me, he will stay there all through the fishing seasons for the guppy, chub and trout. He will buy them, dry and salt them before taking them up north to sell. He intends to stay there for another four full months. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:18pm On May 26, 2017
“Zin is far, but four months will give me more than enough time to get there and meet him. That is if you aren’t lying. “
“I swear that I speak the whole truth. “
“Will take your words for it now till I find it lacking then your heads comes off your neck.” Jarrael noticed an unsettled look on Ah’moud’s face. “Any more thing you want to add? “
“I’m not really sure of this but I noticed something odd about the man’s face when he gave me the information. Well I didn’t pay attention then, but thinking about it for now gives me a little concern. “
“And what will that be Ah’moud? “
“ When Ruel was giving me the information about Tarikh’s secret trip, it seems he knows I was going to pass that to you. If I’m to bet, I would say it seems Ruel knows who you are. “
Jarrael allowed the words to sink in with several possibilities swirling through his mind. “Well I will have to go find out, won’t I? “ He stood from the table and head for the door.
“Be very careful when you get to Zin. Things may not be the way they appear. “ Ah’moud stood up and staggering walked towards Jarrael.
“Developing sentiments now, are you Ah’moud? The herdsmen must have scared you really well. “
“Na, it’s not that. Their love handle didn’t hurt me much. “ he handed Jarrael the small knife. “In a way I do care about you. At least you are my best paying customer. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 10:25pm On May 26, 2017
oya more more
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:45pm On May 29, 2017
CHAPTER THREE

Baron Tarikh stood up after finishing his evening meal. He walked away from the feasting table still chewing on the very tasty spicy black fowl meat. His six personal guards quickly surrounded him while the Grand Khardi Shammir stumble behind. The feasting room was wide, spacious and cool. The polished sand stone and marble used for its construction allows the heat of the day to cool down considerably. Sipping from the golden cup of wine in his hand as he walked out of the place, he heard the voice of the Grand Khardi speaking.
“Hope my lord finds the meal appealing? “
“Yes Shammir, it was quite satisfying. The cook should be commended. “ Tarikh was forced to reply.
“That will be done immediately my lord. “ turning to one of the palace guards Shammir ordered, “See to it. “ He turned and continue following the baron. “Is there any more thing my lord baron wishes for me again? “
“Actually yes. “ Tarikh stopped for a while to address him. “How about the search for my assailant, any progress? “
The Grand Khardi sputtered a bit before responding. “None my lord baron. From the recent indication, the attacker my have fled the city or perished some where below the city sewers where it will be impossible to locate him. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:48pm On May 29, 2017
“Well my friend Shammir.... “ Tarikh felt total disgust at calling this gross incompetent friend, but diplomacy have taught him to act so. “Wishes and desires alone can’t get things done. Simply wishing he is dead doesn’t mean he is, that is I’m assuming the assailant is a man. But any idea how it will have been possible for him to escape despite the city lock down? “
“None my lord, but several possibilities have presented themselves. He may have dared the dangers of the city sewers and escape through that means… but that Is highly unlikely. “ Shammir puffed his chest up as if presenting a valuable information which the baron found distasteful. “Or through the city walls, which is impossible. But even if it was, a watcher would have seen him but we have not received such or missed any of the night watchers on duty after the night of the attack. “
Tarikh pretended as if he was in a deep thought. “I heard of someone, a woman, she went out of the city on a night when the curfew was in effect. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 10:29pm On May 29, 2017
ahead ahead...noting do u bro
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 10:33pm On May 29, 2017
“Yes that is true, her name Is lady Thorn . She Is a well known woman, popular among the highest nobles of the city and richest merchants. She owns one of the most prestigious pleasure house in Aram. Her trip wasn’t strange. She makes that trip around that time regularly. That was why she didn’t raise any suspicion, though she was thoroughly searched. “
“Is she back in the city? “
“Yes she returned the following morning. “
“So has anybody been watching her since she returned? “ the baron asked as he resumed walking.
“Yes my lord baron, careful eyes have been watching her and all her movements are closely monitored. “
“What about the night watch captain that was on duty at the gate that night and his fellow soldiers? “
“He has been disciplined both he and those on watch that night are locked up in the dungeon. “ Shammir said proudly.
“Here are my suggestions, Khardi, execute all those soldiers for dereliction of duty. “ At this point the baron got to a door and stopped turning to the Grand Khardi he continued. “As for the woman, have her arrested immediately and interrogated to find out if she knows anything about it. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 10:35pm On May 29, 2017
“So has anybody been watching her since she returned? “ the baron asked as he resumed walking.
“Yes my lord baron, careful eyes have been watching her and all her movements are closely monitored. “
“What about the night watch captain that was on duty at the gate that night and his fellow soldiers? “
“He has been disciplined both he and those on watch that night are locked up in the dungeon. “ Shammir said proudly.
“Here are my suggestions, Khardi, execute all those soldiers for dereliction of duty. “ At this point the baron got to a door and stopped turning to the Grand Khardi he continued. “As for the woman, have her arrested immediately and interrogated to find out if she knows anything about it. “
“It shall be done according to your wishes my lord baron. “ Shammir bowed.
“I will like to retire for the night, fill me on any new development tomorrow. Oh and by the way, you can lift the curfew from the city now, there is no more need for it. “
“Yes my lord. “ the Grand Khardi bowed again as he left with his palace guards trailing behind him.
Tarikh took a while to watch him as he left. Shammir is such a fool, a puppet and can be easily manipulated. The baron would have preferred working with Bar-Shibiar, the overlord, that would have made available to him all the military might of the four city states. But the overlord of Dayir is too close to the king of Dhremoria, so he can’t be convinced to break the treaty with the kingdom. Besides, Bar-Shibiar is too smart to be easily manipulated. He will just have to go with Shammir for now till he accomplish his purpose.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 10:39pm On May 29, 2017
He walked through the door after it was open for him by one of his personal guard. The room he entered was formally the bedroom Shammir himself was using, but after the attack on the baron, the Grand Khardi gave up this room for the baron and took another room in the palace. Shammir might be a bumbling fool but he knows how to tastily decorate a room with riches. The bedroom was very wide, at least twice in size of the one the baron was using before. The floor of the room was made in rear polished marble colored red. At the center of the room was a circular design with a mountain eagle figure in the middle made with pure gold. The table, chairs, wine jug, a cupboard and the bed were all made with gold. The mattress of the bed, the seat and back rest of the chair were of rich red Romilarian fur. Six golden lamp stands burning brightly gave light to the room that makes the whole room gleamed like a gold colored gem.
As he got in he immediately noticed a part of the room that was covered in shadow rippled. Knowing what it means, he ordered all his personal guards off the bed room. The rippling part of the shadow took form and became the Nemphis priest Khaufir.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:03am On May 30, 2017
“My suspicion is my attacker have escaped from the city despite all attempts to prevent that. “ Tarikh said without a formal greeting as he walked down to the bed and sat down.
“From my findings, he escaped several days ago. “ The priest spoke, his voice sounding like sands robbing on each other.
“How was that even possible? “
“Your attacker escaped through the wagon that was allowed out of the gate that night. That is why the suggestions you gave to Shammir is the best thing to do at the moment “ Khaufir stepped out of the shadow, he was still covered all in black, his clothes looking like shadows too.
“So have you been able to determine his identity? “ Tarikh asked hopefully.
“No. Something keeps me from determining his identity, but it’s only temporary. “ at this moment the priest stopped as if something pulled his attention. “But I have one who already know everything about your attacker. “
Tarikh turned to the shadowy figure of the priest and asked. “ And who will that be? “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:06am On May 30, 2017
“It is my master high priest Mibazar. “ the priest stretched his hand to the left at another dark corner beside him that rippled too and seem to suck the light in the room into the darkened area. “And he Is here. “
“What? “ was all the baron could say as another figure stepped away from the darkness. The new Comer was taller that Khaufir, though as slim as him. He was not wearing a long black robe like Khaufir, but a shorter robe that Is black with wide cuffs. Loose fitting trousers and a gold colored sandals on his feet. The neck, cuff and hem of the short robe he was wearing were having golden embroidery, that were actually rune of an ancient hieroglyphs, a language that have passed out of existence some millennia ago. His face was normal. A bit too light for someone from the southern lands, but the characteristics long slim face, hook nose and black hair was there. Unlike the priest Khaufir, his master is mundane in appearance, he could walked through any street in the southern cities and not raise any eyebrows. But the high priest Mibazar exudes power. His aura seem to produce darkness. His appearance draws the light to himself and consume it. Staring long at his face can drive you mad. His eyes are black, like the blackness of the heavens on very dark nights without a single star.
The high priest’s presence was so compelling that before the baron could realize it, he was bowing down before him. “Your eminence, you honor an unworthy me with your presence. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 8:42am On May 30, 2017
oboy oya na
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:54pm On May 30, 2017
Mibazar laughed heartily as he walked to the golden table in the room. He pulled close to him the golden chair and sat down. “There is no need for that kind of formalities between us baron Tarikh, we are practically partners in this venture. “ He waved the baron up from his kneeling position.
“Your eminence I never believed you will reveal your self to me this soon. “ Tarikh spoke in very subdued voice.
“Well Tarikh I have never really been far from you, I have always watched you and none of what Is happening now Is strange to me or caught me unawares. “ The high priest pulled the golden jug to him self, poured the bright ruby liquid from it into a golden cup and drank deeply. Some cherry seeds were on a platter on the table. He took from it and started to chew. “My reaching out to you this way at this moment is to bring important things to your notice. Hey sit down and be comfortable. “
The baron sat down as he did all he can to pay attention to all the high priest have to say.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:56pm On May 30, 2017
“What we are aiming for Is far higher than you think. Much more valuable than your ambition or conquering several nations. It is more than the worth of all the kingdoms of Ghemmaria put together. “ He drank again from the cup before continuing. “Greater events than you are aware of are unfolding, events that even the gods, had they still rule this world the way they once did, wouldn’t even be able to stop.
“A tiny part of this is the crossing of paths between you and your attacker. Both of you have been destined to meet. And you will meet with him again but not here in Aram. I doubt even if he is aware of how entangled he is to all this. “
“Your eminence I do not understand all these. You have not really let me know what the overall goal is. All you said Is you want me to created an unstable situation in the south, that will effectively render them powerless to send help when you will help me wrest power from the king of Dhremoria. “ Tarikh mind was reeling with bits of fear and doubt stabbing at his mind.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:59pm On May 30, 2017
“I will aid you in your fight to break Hocklam free from Dhremoria and in your further attempts to conquer it. “ The high priest ran his index finger on his well trimmed beard and he spoke in an absent minded manner. “The events I have set in motion have met a little twist and this came about as a result of your encounter with your attacker. He is on a journey that if allowed to continue will greatly affect the possibility of our plans coming to pass, so he has to be stopped. I doubt he is even aware of the great things destiny have set aside for him.”
Tarikh didn’t know how to take the words spoken by the high, if he should be comforted or worried. “Your eminence, who is he and how did he come to know me? He mentioned something I did to him in the past, back in Hocklam. “
“Yes both of you had a history. You made a simple decision then that set the inevitable convergence of your parts. Yet even then, what you did was part of our plans . I think it has been destined that he will be thrust into all these. “ Mibazar gave a warm smile. “I know who he is but won’t tell you that for now because it is not time for you to know. I only came to you at this moment to offer assistance in stopping him. He has to be prevented from completing the journey he just embarked on. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 6:03pm On May 30, 2017
Bowing a little, the baron said. “The assistance is graciously welcomed your eminence.”
Laughing with more mirth than Tarikh thought capable of a Nemphis priest the high priest said. “You really are turning out to be a diplomat aren’t you? Well I doubt you will find my assistance gracious once you see it. “ He spoke a word in an arcane language that was old when the inhabitants of the kingdoms still lived in caves. Pointing at the dark area of the room he had come through he said. “Come my peons. “
Three images covered in black woolen robes stepped out. They were about eight feet in height. The robe covered all their features and a cowl at the back of the robe covered their faces, but it was certain they where humans because they stood upright and walked same way too.
“Tarikh here are my assistance to you. They will track, locate and if possible destroy your attacker. No better trackers in all of Ghemmaria will you find. “ turning to the three shapes he said. “Hey don’t be shy, you are among friends, you can show your face. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 6:11pm On May 30, 2017
The three of them lifted up their faces and Tarikh breath caught in his throat. Primordial fear took over all his body and paralyzed him. His whole limbs screamed at him to bolt out of this place but a forced seemed to hold him down on the spot. The three faces that stared at him weren’t humans. The eyes were cold and triangular, the pupils were vertical and black silts all colored amber as of flames that burns. The noses were on a short muzzle flat and long. Beneath the muzzle are rows of sharp teeth that gleams dangerously in the light of the room. From the light of the lamps, Tarikh noted that their skins were warty with scales that gave off a reptilian covering. In fact the whole faces were all identical and reptilian. Tarikh groped through his fear induced mind for the ancient name of the three legends that stand before him.
“They are the Muk-Anolis. “ Mibazar said as if reading the baron’s mind.
Yes, the Lizard men, that is name that the legend had given to them. Their tales are the worst of all that have been told about any people through the history of Ghemmaria. Tales of brutal savagery, slavery and the Muk-Anolis sees men as cattle and feed on them.
“I know you will be surprised seeing the Muk-Anolis here, I’m familiar with the stories that all men in this world are told from childhood. After the pantheon war that took place several millennia in the past before the reckoning of human history, the all father god, Arl, after prohibiting the gods from interfering with the affairs of mortals, banished the Muk-Anolis into the frozen wastes, locking them up in a deep pit, he cast them into an eternal hibernation because they were created and expensively used by the evil god Dali-Ma’Siva for conquest, subjugation and destruction during the pantheon war. Through long years of studies and research from several sources like The dark tomes of Scollatus, The iron bound volumes of Rhammon, The forbidden veda of the soul stealer and The mad prophecies of Nimrod the Aberrant, I discovered the secret of where they were banished to. There were thousands upon thousands sleeping the sleep Arl have decreed on them. I also learnt the spell that can break them out of the hibernation they are in. The Muk-Anolis will play vital roles in accomplishing our plans. I only awaken these three for now because of the need for them. “

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by zesh(m): 6:43pm On May 30, 2017
i bow, this is a special great piece of art. you rarely see ancient themed stories like this(the names, places and organisation). Are you a vampire that lived for thousands of years because i wonder how you imagined to bring the events all together.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:01pm On May 30, 2017
zesh:
i bow, this is a special great piece of art. you rarely see ancient themed stories like this(the names, places and organisation). Are you a vampire that lived for thousands of years because i wonder how you imagined to bring the events all together.
Lol, I will take that as a compliment. And no I'm not a vampire, all you read here are just imagination, none is real. Glad you like it though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Life Of A Uam Boy / Naija Thug Life (Foxy, Flow1759 & The Rock555 Collabo) / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.