Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,856 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) (97570 Views)

Ndidi And The Telekinesis Man (A Fantasy Romance Novella By Kayode Odusanya) / Supernaculars [the Renascence] A Sci-fantasy Novel / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 1:14am On May 31, 2017
your discribtion of this "scally sleepers" is out of this world.....did he jus say they "see men as cattle".....baron don enter one chance oh.....bro keep it up.....i de follow you bumber bumber.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by stephenGee12(m): 7:26am On May 31, 2017
Io swear down. D way u define and explain and expantiate the place, scenery, action. Words, movements. Uare sure dat angel did nt use to bring the updates to u. because this story is out of the world. God u are becoming a bomb. Seun beware apollux is. The next nairaland atomic bomb. U are da boss and to think dat this is just a part out of the main story sef.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:09am On May 31, 2017
stephenGee12:
Io swear down. D way u define and explain and expantiate the place, scenery, action. Words, movements. Uare sure dat angel did nt use to bring the updates to u. because this story is out of the world. God u are becoming a bomb. Seun beware apollux is. The next nairaland atomic bomb. U are da boss and to think dat this is just a part out of the main story sef.
Gee thanks, kinda swoon with these high level compliments I'm not sure I totally deserve.
Yes this is a spin over. If u watch the story carefully, u will notice lots of references to events that are not covered here. Hopefully I will be able to bring Ghemmaria Canticles to Nairaland in the future.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by stephenGee12(m): 9:22am On May 31, 2017
Apollux:

Gee thanks, kinda swoon with these high level compliments I'm not sure I totally deserve.
Yes this is a spin over. If u watch the story carefully, u will notice lots of references to events that are not covered here. Hopefully I will be able to bring Ghemmaria Canticles to Nairaland in the future.

No be only hopefully.
Nah yesfully.
It must show oo.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by JohnGainsville(m): 8:56pm On Jun 02, 2017
Cc:Hadampson I think you'll like this story. Come check it out.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by JohnGainsville(m): 7:56pm On Jun 05, 2017
Apollux what's wrong. No update yet
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:29pm On Jun 05, 2017
I'm Sorry o, was just too busy with some stuff o. Maybe an update will come tomorrow
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Hadampson(m): 9:47pm On Jun 07, 2017
JohnGainsville:
Cc:Hadampson I think you'll like this story. Come check it out.
Sorry 4 coming late.. thanks 4 d mention tho.

Oga Apollox i greet yhu

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Mac2016(m): 7:07am On Jun 08, 2017
Apollux:
Another thing Kezzan noticed was the balcony is too high for him to reach and climb, but he saw an over turned cart close to a lower floor of the balcony. That may have been the means the men got into the place. He decided to go through that route too. He pulled Meera with him. Though he knows those men looks dangerous but that is the only means he can get to see what is happening. When he got to the over turned cart, he climbed, pulled his sister up, helped to place her hands on the edge of the balcony and helping to push her up. He climbed up after her. The three men just took disinterested look at them one after the other, when Kezzan and his sister didn’t act like they will be backing down, they turned their attention back to the center of the crowd.
At the center of the crowd, a hastily built platform have been raised, with solders armed with spears, swords and crossbows standing around it, creating a little space around it. The platform was empty at the moment but was definitely the center of attraction as all present faced it and most people in the crowd were discussing and making gestures towards it. Kezzan was still wondering what the platform and the interest it generates was all about, holding on strongly to Meera, making sure she stayed close by him when the noise around the crowd slowly started to dwindle. A figure on a gray rope walked slowly up to the platform through the short steps created by its side. The figure moved with the slow steps of old age, top of his head is a small round skull cap surrounded by dropping white silky hairs. Around his neck was a heavy gold chain with a medallion centered at his chest, proclaiming his office. He is the city magistrate.
The noise died down totally as the magistrate fully stood on the wooden platform. The he began to speak. His voice was low and words were coming in slowly as age impede his speech strength yet most could hear him because of the total silence. Kezzan could hardly understand most of what the magistrate was saying but several words were repeated several times, “justice” “security” “safety” ”baron”. As the magistrate drone on, murmuring started and soon the noise of the multitude drawn out the voice of the aged city official. But silence descended on the crowd again when some soldiers led two people in chains with their faces covered in hoods to the platform. An executioner on a hood also but with two openings for his eyes, with his huge and imposing figure, caring a twin edge ax, came in after the solders and prisoners. Behind them came four men breaking a high backed chair on which sat someone Kezzan quickly recognized as the baron. By his side walked his vizier, on a black robe. The baron was putting on a purple and gold robe, chewing on something he held in his hand which Kezzan couldn’t see clearly from the distance and having a golden coronet that sparkled dimly in the morning sun. The baron’s special palace guards in the full armor covering of glinting steel, fully armed took their places around the baron on the platform and below it. With the coming of the baron to the platform holding the crowd spellbound and speechless, the baron indicated with his hand to his vizier and the vizier came up to replace the magistrate and started his speech.

I can help you promote your book and make sales for you..dont waste your talent..it is a potent money making avenue
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Tualem: 7:25am On Jun 08, 2017
This really is an interesting read.. I think you need to work on your use of tense so there is uniformity. Apart from that it really looks like you put a lot of work into this.. Theres even a map, which is no small thing
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by ExInferis(m): 7:29am On Jun 08, 2017
The Tolkien, R.R. Martin and Terry Brooks influence is rife with this one.

Bit of a heavy read with a plodding narrative style, but a decent effort nonetheless.

Nice to see Nigerians tackling the fantasy genre as a relief from all the localized, boy-meets-girl nonsense that permeates the literary section.

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 1:04pm On Jun 08, 2017
Mac2016:

I can help you promote your book and make sales for you..dont waste your talent..it is a potent money making avenue
Ok that is a nice idea, I'm interested. Please can you get in contact with me through my email?
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2017
Tualem:
This really is an interesting read.. I think you need to work on your use of tense so there is uniformity. Apart from that it really looks like you put a lot of work into this.. Theres even a map, which is no small thing
Thanks for the observation, you are correct. Most times I notice the mistakes but may not be in the mood to correct them. My grammer sucks by the way.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 1:15pm On Jun 08, 2017
ExInferis:
The Tolkien, R.R. Martin and Terry Brooks influence is rife with this one.

Bit of a heavy read with a plodding narrative style, but a decent effort nonetheless.

Nice to see Nigerians tackling the fantasy genre as a relief from all the localized, boy-meets-girl nonsense that permeates the literary section.

Very astute and correct. Had influences from Tolkien and Terry Brooks but the greatest, like 85 to 90% is from R A Salvatore, especially the Drizzt stories.
Thanks for the mild criticism, I really appreciate them. I had noticed my weakness in the area of narrative but I am not a professional writer...at least not yet. For now it's just fun for me. But I will definitely improve as I write more.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Mac2016(m): 1:15pm On Jun 08, 2017
Apollux:

Ok that is a nice idea, I'm interested. Please can you get in contact with me through my email?
yes. pm me
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by iamharkinwaley: 2:47pm On Jun 08, 2017
Mehnnnnnnn....... you're hot Very Unique piece.... Am following bumber to bumber.... pls mention me for d new update.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by ExInferis(m): 4:05pm On Jun 08, 2017
Apollux:

Very astute and correct. Had influences from Tolkien and Terry Brooks but the greatest, like 85 to 90% is from R A Salvatore, especially the Drizzt stories.
Thanks for the mild criticism, I really appreciate them. I had noticed my weakness in the area of narrative but I am not a professional writer...at least not yet. For now it's just fun for me. But I will definitely improve as I write more.

I'm so glad you take criticism in good stride.

I hope it makes u a better writer, cos I'm quite impressed with your dedication to creating an epic. I've dabbled with fantasy writing myself, but i was floored by the seeming lack of interest back then.

You've inspired me to take another shot at it.

Also, no fantasy writer can ever not be inspired by the marvelous works of the greatest world builders. Nothing wrong with inspiration.

Please, do go on. Don't let nothing stop the flight of your inagination.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Speedstar09: 4:31am On Jun 10, 2017

Nyc piece here
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Auric(m): 1:48pm On Jun 10, 2017
To say u are a great writer would do no justice to u. km look for a word to describe yourself, it feels like I am reading one of Dave Duncan's work. come o are u Nigerian.

simply amazing, please I'd like to know your other works
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 3:14pm On Jun 10, 2017
Auric:
To say u are a great writer would do no justice to u. km look for a word to describe yourself, it feels like I am reading one of Dave Duncan's work. come o are u Nigerian.

simply amazing, please I'd like to know your other works
Thanks for the compliments. Yes I'm a Nigerian. My other works on Nairaland are Marvel Chronicles and Marvel Chronicles 2 : EXECUTIVE SANCTION. You can get to them when you check my Nairaland profile.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by marvwhite: 8:21am On Jun 11, 2017
oh! boy see film in HD format.......

The SUSPENCE is way out of nairaland

The FLASHBACK is superb

how can someone write good stories like this? I bow for you sir,you are awesome

abeg nor vex o, HOW MANY HEAD YOU GET? grin I know say e reach five,borrow me one

am just saying you are doing a good work sir....... #keep up with the good work

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:00pm On Jun 11, 2017
Mibazar looking at the baron could see the paralyzing dread on him. He smiled his face taking on an ominous appearance in the lamp light of the wide room. That is another aspect of the Muk-Anolis that most people don’t know about. The Lizard men are creatures of sorcery, they have this aura of terror around them that paralyzes any human that laid eyes on them. The same kind of fear that freezes a prey upon a sudden appearance of a predator.
“Do not fear Tarikh, the Muk-Anolis are not a danger to you as long as you are in my grace. “ the high priest spoke a word of power and the baron felt like a scale fell from his eyes, the dread that have held him captive lifted.
“Now pay close attention, the Muk-Anolis are great trackers and hunters, ferocious warriors but with one limitation for now, they are only active at night. “ the high priest toyed a bit with a red colored gem hanging on a huge golden chain around his neck that Tarikh never noticed before until now. “The spell I used in waking them from their hibernation is only half potent, at least for now. When I’m ready to use them, I will create the full spell that awaken more than ten thousands of them.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:03pm On Jun 11, 2017
“So you will have to send some of your personal guards to go with them, their job will be to protect and cover the Muk-Anolis during the light of the day when they will be inactive. Don’t worry about getting them a mount to ride on, they can run fast enough to keep up with your fastest horses. “
“It will be done as your wished your eminence. “ Tarikh said still casting an uneasy eye on the still standing Lizard men.
“I came to reiterate the importance of your personal mission. After agreeing on the terms of your treaty with Aram, you have another Job. You will have to journey South to the black tower of Nemphis carrying with you some very special magic artifact that will be essential to accomplishing our goals. Someone will be bringing it to you. “
Indicating to Khaufir, Mibazar continued, “Do not worry, from now on my servant will always be with you physically till all my plans are completed. “ He stood and headed for a shadow area. “My time is short and other matters calls for my attention. Well met Tarikh. “ So saying the shadow seem to elongate, engulfed him and swallowed him from their sight
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2017
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

As Mibazar left the city of Aram, he traveled through the shadow path. It is a more efficient way for them of the priest of Nemphis to travel. It requires less energy to use than a standard teleportation method common to most sorcerers. Going through the shadow path is an instantaneous means of traveling to any place by melding with the shadow at the point of origin and coming out of the shadow at your point of destination. Its only weakness Is it can only be effective at night. Shadow meld during the day required as much energy as a standard teleportation. This method of melding with the shadows was stolen by the priests of Nemphis from the gray sisters. While the gray sisters use the shadow to hide their appearance, the priests of Nemphis use it for traveling. No doubt the gray sisters have a better grasp at manipulating shadows and the gray ether of magic. Their god, Ehno is a god of shadow and darkness. Though not an evil deity, still his powers and nature droop at the edge of good and evil. He is referred to as the gray god, the hidden one and the in-between lord. He only accepts female as his servants. But his influence has waned since after the pantheon war when the all father Arl barred all gods from the world, yet the devoted servants of Ehno have continued to worship him, keeping his doctrines and cults alive also using the skills of power he had taught the gray sisters, his faithful worshippers who continued to worship him in his absence, to further maintain his will. In some quarters the gray sisters are called the shadow sisters.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 3:15pm On Jun 11, 2017
i pray our main man survive all these
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 3:30pm On Jun 11, 2017
Mibazar wasn’t going directly back to the Black tower yet, he intends to make a detour. The high priest had deduced that leaving the Muk-Anolis and the baron’s soldiers alone to chase the person he intends to stop isn’t going to be effective , they will be too late. Already the target has a long head start before them. So he needs another option that if it can’t out rightly stop him will at least to delay him enough for the Muk-Anolis . He has a faithful follower, at least as faithful as someone whom he has enslaved through blackmail and threat to destroy his family and people. His follower is a chief of one of the tribes of herdsmen in the Amirian desert. Zakfir anib Zubril, Zakfir son of Zubril, chief of the Wulmat tribe of the desert herdsmen. They are the tribe of hide tanners of the douri cattle. He is relatively wealthy among the herdsmen and wields considerable influence in the council of chiefs for the herdsmen tribes.
Zakfir was just about to call off the night grazing of the cattle after the missing calves have been found and returned to their jittery mother. He and his seven sons have taken the douri cattle deep into the clumps of grasses to feed and they had fed well. Also they had stopped by at the well to let them have a drink. The cattle of over seventy full grown bulls and one hundred and twenty oxen, with several calves have taken a long time to finish drinking. Zakfir wasn’t worried, though cattle bandits have been known to attack herdsmen during the night grazing for the douri, killing the owners of the herd and rustle the cattle. Night grazing for the douri is a must during the season just before their mating and also gestation period, so the bandits take advantage of that and attack herdsmen at night mostly during these times. For the area where Zakfir feed his cattle has been cleared of all bandits not long ago, so for now he has no fear neither for himself, his sons and cattle, though they are all armed. His two eldest sons carry with them bows and quivers of arrows along with their tulwars. The others are also carrying their tulwars with spears and staffs. As for his his tulwar,long knife and a strong rod will do for him.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Cyberrex(m): 4:39pm On Jun 11, 2017
nice, if only the updates will come fast, good work
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by sleemoon(m): 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2017
Cyberrex:
nice, if only the updates will come fast,
good work

Yeah that's true.. Apollux .. I came to know about ur story when it graced Frontpage buh was disappointed avin to wait 96hrs for u to post another update... This is not the way to treat us ur audience... Meanwhile kudos...
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2017
sleemoon:

Yeah that's true.. Apollux .. I came to know about ur story when it graced Frontpage buh was disappointed avin to wait 96hrs for u to post another update... This is not the way to treat us ur audience... Meanwhile kudos...
Lol... This wasn't my usual style. Ask those that know me during the first Marvel Chronicles, I update everyday. But the Nairaland spam bot drain my vigor. So I take updates a bit slow now.. . Too slow at times.
Besides that, I kinda got very busy this periods, changing environments like a chameleon. So bear with me, I will do the best I can.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
He whistled the signal to his sons to head the cattle to their pens. Zakfir draw closer to his body the thick leather over coat made from a douri hide to shield him better from the biting cold of the desert night breeze. He is getting old. Time there was that he can get through a whole night grazing with nothing more than his light silk tunic. But these days everything seems too much for his frail bones and flesh. The sunlight is too much, the heat is too much, the cold is too much, everything just seem too much for his weather beaten body to take. Well he thought sadly, this is the burden of old age.
Watching briefly as his sons expertly head the cattle to the direction of their home, he nudge slightly the mount his was on and moved it slowly toward the herd. The douri were huge, almost five feet high at the shoulders. Four horns on the head for the male, two huge horns for the female. All having curved tusks that protrude below the jaws. They are mostly docile and domesticated but can be extremely dangerous when agitated. Their bones are strong enough to break thick woods, their four hooves and horns are very sharp with skin strong enough to blunt a first sword strike at the thick areas of their bodies. And the douri have excellent night vision but poor sights during the day.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2017
As he got closer to the herd, he noticed that by his left, a little high rocky protrusion that they sometimes hide under during heat of the day, a darker shadow moved within the darkness of the night. Before his eyes the shadow rippled and even before the shape came out of the darkness, he knew what it meant. He quickly jumped from the horse he was on and bowed himself deeply to the ground.
“My lord supreme high priest Mibazar “ the herdsman chief said as he felt someone stepped out of the shadow. “Have mercy on an unworthy one as I am. Be gracious to my family and people. “
Mibazar laughed quietly but deliberately allowing his voice to sound hollow and threatning. “I’m not the Supreme in the priesthood I represent, someone else holds that title. Still I’m supreme in my own way. “
“Yes my lord you are most supreme. “ Zakfir spoke, his voice shaking, fear grinding his soul within him. “Let my lord heed and grant my supplications. “
“Your supplications are heard unworthy one, your family and people are spared from my wrath. “ the high priest spoke slowly. “Yet a sacrifice is required, a price must be paid. “
“I’m yours to command my lord, I will offer whatever is needed, even my life if that will be sufficient. “
“Yes I know that, I have never doubted your loyalty. “ Mibazar gave a slight smile which the herdsman cannot see in the darkness. “ I have a task for you. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by marvwhite: 7:27am On Jun 13, 2017
ride on sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Life Of A Uam Boy / Naija Thug Life (Foxy, Flow1759 & The Rock555 Collabo) / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.