Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? (51932 Views)

Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? / Best Man Accused Of Marrying Groom’s Wife Speaks / The Disadvantage Of Marrying A Fat Woman (see Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by busymama: 11:10am On Apr 20, 2017
I don't know if the condition defers amongst women who experience it,but I have someone who see her period one in six months ,some times once a year,its just so irregular.but she has five kids now.she gets pregnant without seeing her period.and she doesn't have any health issues.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by BarrElChapo(m): 11:14am On Apr 20, 2017
alizma:
PLS IF YOU ARE NOT READY TO STAND WITH A LADY OVER CIRCUMSTANCES THAT ARE NOT WITHIN HER CONTROL, KINDLY LEAVE HER.
love is when you married a woman because she meet that first purpose(companionship) of coming together of a man and a woman.

Well said.. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Gangster1ms: 11:14am On Apr 20, 2017
Quinn22:
Op if it were the other way round, would you want her to abandon you if you're impotent? undecided
If you can answer this question, you've gotten your answer. smiley
Small pikin still dey worry you.. i can't still believe u are a nursing student. I'm sure u didn't understand what he wrote angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by fm7070: 11:14am On Apr 20, 2017
It is hormonal imbalance. NOT fertility issue.
My wife did family planning and the flow was heavy due to hormonal imbalance.
It was corrected and she is fine.
However, if you love her and she's of good character, go on with your relationship.
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by BarrElChapo(m): 11:16am On Apr 20, 2017
Quinn22:
Op if it were the other way round, would you want her to abandon you if you're impotent? undecided

Your reply is all wrong. He is worried he didn't say he has left or wants to leave... if he were impotent won't she be worried and seek advice too angry
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by BarrElChapo(m): 11:17am On Apr 20, 2017
Gangster1ms:

Small pikin still dey worry you.. i can't still believe u are a nursing student. I'm sure u didn't understand what he wrote angry

I tire oo walahi.. some brains eh
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Robinbird: 11:18am On Apr 20, 2017
Quinn22:
My thought too.
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Ursino(f): 11:19am On Apr 20, 2017
The last time i checked, the whole essence of marriage is "COMPANIONSHIP". If you truly love being with her,any other thing is secondary.
Just pray before you decide. She can even get pregnant faster than those that have normal monthly flow. No big deal.

Even my friends sister that doctors said that she would never be pregnant because she had no womb, is now a mother of 3 children!

There is nothing impossible with my God

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by BarrElChapo(m): 11:19am On Apr 20, 2017
Emeskhalifa:
my GF is O am also O
would there be any problem if we marry later??

Your children would be double O thats all grin grin
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by BarrElChapo(m): 11:21am On Apr 20, 2017
Ever8054:
it distract my biznes....what business do you do that having period would disturb it?...hope its not what iam thinking?

Na she talk am with her own mouth. cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by omogidi234(m): 11:23am On Apr 20, 2017
cassidy1996:
Na GOD get power, even some women wey dem period they rush like tap are still barren

You are sighted! Your head is there!

OP, like I always say this on NL, when someone comes​ for advice, "you have the final say irrespective of the divergent opinions".

I was faced with such situations ( mine has got nothing to do with fertility), but am glad I went ahead.

Poser: assuming but not conceding that after all medications​, no show. What will you do? What about family pressure etc?

Think on all these!

Caveat.

If I were you, Once I lay my hands on the plough, I don't usually look back even in the face of challenges except there is a contrary divine instruction.

I wish you all the best.
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by cr7rooney10(m): 11:24am On Apr 20, 2017
Email me. Na small problem
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by misterawo: 11:25am On Apr 20, 2017
Menstruation is different from Ovulation. She can still bear kids.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:25am On Apr 20, 2017
BarrElChapo:

Your children would be double O thats all grin grin
be serious na
will any of my child be sickle cell ?
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by TinaAnita(f): 11:26am On Apr 20, 2017
BSoul1001:

This is something that is common and is not the end all. There are ways to get things under control, and ease your mind. She may have PCOS which is called "polycystic ovarian syndrome". It's something that I'm dealing with in my life. Your lady issues sound familiar. It's a hormonal imbalance that is all. Which cause the ovaries to be slightly larger than normal. Have her go to a gynecologist that can help her understand her body. We may not know why God give us the battles that we face but go along her, support her. She will be fine. A family is still in you guys future as it is for me one day. Also, if this is the case the prescription "metformin" really helps dealing with hormonal imbalances. It will help with allowing normal menstrual cycles, and being to conceive normally. I hope I helped in any way.
GOD BLESS

Google has it that Metformin is an oral diabetes medicine that helps control blood sugar levels. So what does such meds got to do with hormonal imbalance as it concerns menses?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by totorimi: 11:27am On Apr 20, 2017
How old are you both first of all. A one eyed man never plays where they are throwing stones. That's all.
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Anusiemgood(m): 11:28am On Apr 20, 2017
oga get her pregnant before marriage otherwise your own don finish
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by longitudemedia(m): 11:34am On Apr 20, 2017
Honestly speaking, are there no people with regular period that are still barren up till date? Many comments are said based on exposure and lack of knowledge. Irregular period is caused by hormonal imbalance in the part of the woman.

My advice to u is to make sure that you have trust in the woman and ensure that u have a good seminal test (to have an extensive semen test) to be sure that your semen quality is fertile. If u are sure of this, then u have nothing to worry about.

God bless

1 Like

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by vicben27(m): 11:36am On Apr 20, 2017
QueenSuccubus:
grin

Im having my period like a harmattan season too grin grin grin

Irregular period is usually due to hormonal imbalance...i used to take some meds before coz i really wanted to have a regular period but i find it annoying...it distract my biznes so i stopped it grin tongue

There's a lot of meds at the market right now that can help females to be fertile if they wanted to conceive wink
i pray u actually start menstrating all dis nigas hidin behind a female monica

1 Like

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 20, 2017
There are fertility experts(Doctors) and gynecologists.

You consult them, not us.

cos we don't know what's going on inside her body.

For God sake, some questions should not be asked on nairaland!!!!!
Use your sense!
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Toks2008(m): 11:39am On Apr 20, 2017
BossAndaz:
Hello friends,
Please i have been dating this lady for quite sometime now and I really do like her but each time I think of getting married to her I get worried about a certain condition she has.
I observed that she hardly talks about her period and when I asked her about it she opened up and told me that she doesn't have a regular flow. She sees her period like at most three times a year or so.
She said her family doctor has told her not to worry that when she is set for marriage they is something they will do so that she wouldn't have issues with getting pregnant.

This has been so worrisome and I don't want to find myself in a situation whereby we will be unable to have kids on the long run.

Please does anyone know about this sort of situation?

Hmmmm! guy this is a hard one but as they say...true desire conquers all obstacles

I had an ex who had same issue but I stood with her faithfully until we finally broke up due to other reasons I guess...so I understand your plight first hand...

You can marry her and treat it together as she might be suffering from Poly-cystic ovarian syndrome..PCOS which can be a stubborn but treatable condition

Wish you the best
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 20, 2017
Its not as bad as you think..as long as she ovulates, I used to menstruate like 4 times a year before, but I got treated for hormonal imbalance, mine was even worse that sometimes I won't see my period for three months, other times the thing will come like thrice in two .months.. today I have a child without any artificial insemination..
One thing I discovered is that she might not be able to calculate a safe period cos I've not been able to calculate a correct one, so dive in with caution..
All the best.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by clemmonce(m): 11:43am On Apr 20, 2017
cassidy1996:
Na GOD get power, even some women wey dem period they rush like tap are still barren
I love this reply. nah God he dey. Just see a doctor and be postive about everything.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by osesology(m): 11:44am On Apr 20, 2017
cassidy1996:
God bless you!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by BarrElChapo(m): 11:48am On Apr 20, 2017
Emeskhalifa:

be serious na
will any of my child be sickle cell ?

It's your genotype that determines sickle cell

AS+AS or SS+AS.. Find out and good luck
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Tex42(m): 11:49am On Apr 20, 2017
Op I think Introvert's and QueenSuccubus' posts gat u covered.

But op o! On a second thought, I think the both of u should make a baby. I mean, it's a win-win for u if she takes in b4 u say I do.

Start kpanshing her now, the earlier the better. The more kpansh, the more her chances of taking in.

A layman suggestion though...
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:49am On Apr 20, 2017
BossAndaz:
Hello friends,
Please i have been dating this lady for quite sometime now and I really do like her but each time I think of getting married to her I get worried about a certain condition she has.
I observed that she hardly talks about her period and when I asked her about it she opened up and told me that she doesn't have a regular flow. She sees her period like at most three times a year or so.
She said her family doctor has told her not to worry that when she is set for marriage they is something they will do so that she wouldn't have issues with getting pregnant.

This has been so worrisome and I don't want to find myself in a situation whereby we will be unable to have kids on the long run.

Please does anyone know about this sort of situation?

Why not help her seek medical attention? Why bring this issue to this forum?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by owabor(f): 11:50am On Apr 20, 2017
That could be hormonal imbalance,she should go see a gynecologist to run a complete hormonal assay, another cause could be infection. Just go to the hospital. Good luck
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by BarrElChapo(m): 11:51am On Apr 20, 2017
omogidi234:

You are sighted! Your head is there!

OP, like I always say this on NL, when someone comes​ for advice, "you have the final say irrespective of the divergent opinions".

I was faced with such situations ( mine has got nothing to do with fertility), but am glad I went ahead.

Poser: assuming but not conceding that after all medications​, no show. What will you do? What about family pressure etc?

Think on all these!

Caveat.

If I were you, Once I lay my hands on the plough, I don't usually look back even in the face of challenges except there is a contrary divine instruction.

I wish you all the best.

I have a feeling you are lawyer ??
Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 20, 2017
TinaAnita:

Google has it that Metformin is an oral diabetes medicine that helps control blood sugar levels. So what does such meds got to do with hormonal imbalance as it concerns menses?

Yes, that is also true. The beauty about drugs is that they can be used for a multitude of things. What ties the two is that metformin balances out insulin. As some know diabetes is insulin resistant. Thats why that medication is used. Now why someone with a hormonal imbalance would use that medication is because they to are insulin resistant. The body doesn't produce that much insulin, little to none while imbalanced. Doctors call it PCOS as I mentioned before. If there is no insulin then your body hold on to fat and does not secrete the natural hormones that needed to be released for a normal cycle, normal metabolism. It's almost like putting a damn at the end of a river stopping a river flow. So the metformin is soley to produced insulin that will help the body release its natural hormonal functions. I've been dealing with this for 8years now. I'm not taking it yet because I'm not trying to get pregnant at this time, but will be soon. I've had a lot of time to research and consult with my doctor. If you have questions YouTube why metformin works for women with PCOS wink

It's not ment to take forever but its to help the condition. Every women is different and may use different doseges for it to work.

You can live happily have lots children with this condition. And because of the medication you may be exposed to to help. You have a high chance of multiple births at once. The goal is to get you ovulating!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? by YourWife(f): 11:52am On Apr 20, 2017
BSoul1001:

This is something that is common and is not the end all. There are ways to get things under control, and ease your mind. She may have PCOS which is called "polycystic ovarian syndrome". It's something that I'm dealing with in my life. Your lady issues sound familiar. It's a hormonal imbalance that is all. Which cause the ovaries to be slightly larger than normal. Have her go to a gynecologist that can help her understand her body. We may not know why God give us the battles that we face but go along her, support her. She will be fine. A family is still in you guys future as it is for me one day. Also, if this is the case the prescription "metformin" really helps dealing with hormonal imbalances. It will help with allowing normal menstrual cycles, and being to conceive normally. I hope I helped in any way.
GOD BLESS

I thought metformin (glucophage) is a biguanide, used for d treatment of type 2 diabetis? Never knew it to be a hormonal modulator, more so a remedy to oligomenorrhea or amenorrhea.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Guy Intentionally Breaks Traffic Law So He Can Meet Hot FRSC Officer / "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" / Nigerian Men On Twitter Share Hilarious Spiteful Things Women Did To Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.