Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station (21018 Views)

Possible Locations Of Chibok Girls Identified - Nigeria Air Force / Enugu Train Station Revived By President Jonathan (photo) / Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by vislabraye(m): 2:24pm On Jan 05, 2010
PurestBoy:

This is what the religion of piss has caused us, shior

You got it jare,

I hope the imams, the sultan and emirs are hearing. Let them call their members to order O!
I wish to start my study in UK very soon, let them not deny me visa abeg O
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by grtppl: 2:42pm On Jan 05, 2010
The Tragedy of Umar F. Mutallab

The first involvement of a Nigerian in terrorism has reduced the nation to the status of a child. Immediately the chap was identified as a Nigerian, we were all on our knees begging America, doing our best to convince it that we are not terrorists: "Wallahi, this boy is a black sheep. We are law abiding citizens wherever we go overseas. Yes. At home, we are known for fraud, election rigging, corruption, armed robbery, bank robbery, cultism, human trafficking, religious intolerance, concealment of truth to our citizens, we tell them lies and even engage in forgery at high places. Eh. We have also been pushing cocaine for over two decades now. But Wallahi – America – we are not terrorists. It is not in our character… Do anything with Umar Mutallab. The boy deserves it. We completely dissociate ourselves from him…. Chinekeeeee!!! This boy has shamed us. He wants to put us in trouble."

It is true. We are not lying. We are not terrorists. If we were, we would have blown off our leaders first before any other person and effectively rid the country of corruption. However, courtesy of our inherent African docility, the people whose actions have caused so much misery on our land are walking about Scot-free. They would not do so if we had sufficient thymotic potential to blow their planes or shoot them down at gatherings. They would not have had the temerity to rig our elections or the guts to steal our wealth.

Yet, it appears that America is not convinced by the confession chorus voice of Nigerian officials, non-governmental organizations, religious and secular, at home and overseas. Nigeria produced maitatsine and, recently, boko haram in addition to a whole catalogue of transnational criminal activities. By now, the world has concluded that every Nigerian is either a fanatic or a fraudster, unless he is proved innocent. This is a golden opportunity to impose some severe security measures against these fraudulent people, America insists.

The first step has been announced within a week of the event: body scanners will be installed in all our four international airports such that a record of the anatomy of every Nigerian traveler will be documented. Fingerprints are not sufficient. "Would these scanners show the naked bodies of people?" a foreign journalist asked a Nigerian official, three times. And three times he evaded the question: "It is just in case the passenger is carrying something on his body, the machine will detect it." I laughed. The truth is that the scanners would show your naked natural body, including everything. I had that experience with a similar equipment at Heathrow Airport in December 2004 when I was singled out, for no stated reason, and scanned before I boarded a British Airways flight back to Nigeria. To assuage my feelings, the official showed me the picture and said they were just testing the equipment. Behold, there was Tilde, ad naturalis. I did not protest, lest some cocaine is planted in my luggage. My destination, I reminded myself, was Abuja, not prison in the distant land of homo leucodermaticus. Scanning our bodies may not be the only measure, I suspect. Nigerians must be prepared for more.

But why are we jittery about this singular act, heinous as it is? Are we the first terrorist country in the world? Did we produce Carlos – The Jackal, Al-Nagrahi, IRA, Timothy McVeigh, or the 911 bombers? Are we worse terrorists than Kenya, Tanzania, Sudan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, or Libya, countries where many terrorists lived and carried out their threats? Are we worse than Saudi Arabia, the country that produced Osama Bin Laden and 18 out of the 19 terrorists that bombed the World Trade Centre on September 11, 2001? Why have we not heard the officials and citizens of these countries pleading against any possible collective victimization by America? Why are scanners not installed at Jeddah and Riyadh International Airports? Instead, we saw Obama paying a visit to King Abdullah and bowing his head to the King in respect, as he bowed before Queen Elizabeth III during the G20 meeting last year. I doubt very much if the Arabs will allow their privacy be so encroached on - down to the anatomical level - on their own land.

I think something is wrong with us and our leadership. Would this be how we will respond when one day we find ourselves in conflict with America? I believe General Victor Malu will not be surprised, having lost his job simply by refusing to "co-operate" with the military experts who America sent during his tenure as Chief of Army Staff. Malu did not know that our Nigerianness exists only at the mercy of the only superpower in the world today. Obasanjo proved him wrong. "Hey boy," Obasanjo told Malu, "When America says 'jump', simply ask: 'how high?" Commot jare. The munci man has since been enjoying his pounded yam in his native Benue. Literally speaking, the Defence Towers in Abuja are not for his kind.

On contemplation, I think the real reason why we elite are afraid of our newly acquired feather is because of the inconvenience that we will suffer from whenever we visit overseas or the opportunities we will miss in our hideout countries where we send our children to study after celebrating the collapse of our public schools at home; where we take our wives for delivery after we have allowed our hospitals to deteriorate; where we hide the billions we steal daily from public coffers; where some of us think is the Promised Land. Think about it: what restrictive measure would the average Nigerian, who will never have the opportunity to board even a domestic flight be afraid of? Will the airport scanners scan him on his farm? Indeed, we are crying for ourselves, for our interests, not for Nigeria.

Here, I have much to doubt about the sincerity of Umar's father, Alhaji Mutallab. I initially thought that he has been very heroic in alerting the Nigerian and American security officials about the indoctrination of his son. He must be one of the most patriotic citizens of the world, I thought. But in fairness to the son, I now think differently. I was only naïve. The father must own up and accept that he exposed the son to the risk of indoctrination. He knows his son better than anyone. He should. At what point did he start to notice the defiance of his son and what did he do about it?

This chap has been complaining of loneliness since when the father isolated him from this country and sent him to a British elite secondary school in Togo. Doesn't his life in that school initiate his anti-white racist doctrines before he even met with terrorist groups later in the United Kingdom? Why did not the father return him to Nigeria and enroll him in one of our best secondary schools or private universities. Why was Umar ignored by his father until he became a prey of the vicious elements that exploited his racist sentiments?

Also, would the poor and lonely Umar have been conscripted into international terrorism if his father were poor? Would he have been to Togo or Britain? International terrorism, as I said in an interview with Radio Deutche Welle, is a product of affluence, not religion. The overwhelming majority of terrorists – from Bin Laden down to their latest flag bearer, Umar Mutallab – are people from affluent backgrounds, homes that have links with the West and have firm roots in its economic order.

Umar's father did not get this calculation wrong. By alerting the police, he has secured his wealth but not his son. He has conveniently surrendered the son, against the biological instinct of protection, to the FBI, in protection of his economic interests, most likely, instead of taking all necessary measures to restrict him to this country, getting the authorities to seize his passport and sponsor a program of his de-indoctrination. After all, the father is well aware of the Hausa adage that says ba gagararre sai bararre – there is no outlaw except the condoned. The father cannot, therefore, claim that he was taken by surprise because he was rich enough, pretty rich, to buy multimillion pound mansion for the family in London where the son lived. He was not living on campus. Someone here – the father – does not do his duty well. He should own up.

The second blame should be dumped at the doorstep of American counter-terrorism officials. Obama has every right to look at them straight in the eye and tell them that they have not done their job well. There was a report indicating that al-Qaida is training a Nigerian for a terror attack on an American Airline. Then there is a Nigerian father who complained of the indoctrination of his son and the son has already been placed on America's Terrorist Watch list. Would it be clear even to the most incompetent agent that Umar was the most likely person? How many Nigerians are there on the list after all?

Umar's ordeal should serve as a wakeup call to all Nigerian parents who send their children overseas for studies. I know it is inevitable in many cases given the failure of our educational system here at home. But each of them can, and should, do something to salvage it, in his own way. I believe Alhaji Mutallab must be regretting this way: "Had I known, I would have built a model secondary school and a even a private university in my hometown Funtua where Umar and other Nigerian children would study without being exposed to indoctrination by people alien to our culture… A good secondary school would not cost half the price of one of my houses in London… Had I known…"

The whole idea of sending children to study abroad must be done only out of necessity, as Dr. Yusuf Qardawi once said. Where necessary, they must not be sent until, among other conditions, they have acquired the cognitive maturity that will protect them from indoctrination.

Please let those of us who have children studying overseas keep an eye over them. Terrorism is not the only thing we need to guard them against. There are just plenty other negative tendencies that they must not be allowed to indulge in. We must ensure we engage them constantly such that we can understand the cognitive developments they are going through. We must not, even for a day, fail to listen to them or attend to their needs especially for company. And we can do this today so easily through modern communications facilities. It is our duty. We must not delegate it to school authorities.

Umar had access to wealth but it did not buy him the protection he needed as a teenager. Poor Umar! Surely, he has been a victim of three people: an incapable father, a vicious group of terrorists, and incompetent and negligent American security agencies. He could have been saved the doom of becoming a criminal of this order. This beautiful looking son of Africa was, therefore, a prey. His story is a tragedy. He set out looking for knowledge but would end up serving a twenty year prison term. I pray that by the time he comes out – for he will still come out pretty young, 43 – he would have contemplated enough to purge himself of the indoctrination he went though. He would then return to African and reside among us quietly, enjoying the docility that is typical of our passive continent, or suffering the consequences of its lack of thymos.

By Dr Aliyu Tilde

Bauchi, Nigeria

1 January 2007
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by sweetmadam(f): 2:57pm On Jan 05, 2010
I see nothing wrong with the UK stepping up its security and taking a closer look at Nigerians. It is a Governments responsibility to protect it's citizens at any cost although our Nigerian Governments do not think so hence the high unemployment rates ,poverty and an inexistent social security system.

Terrorism is serious business and it is unfortunate that we all have to pay for the crimes of one or some but that's the way it goes.

In as much as i am unhappy about this development, I am not against it. Myself or my one of my kin could have been on that flight.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by furacao(m): 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2010
Please. People just like to blow things out of proportion. There are so many Blacks in London, no one can tell if you are Nigerian by just looking at you. I have not had anyone treat me differently since then, even at work, and none of my Nigerian firends either. So let's stop being silly.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by seanlaw(m): 3:10pm On Jan 05, 2010
Please whoever the author of this article is should try to put his/her facts right. I live in the Uk and ever since the Umar's incident, have saw relatives and friends off to the airport(those who came for holidays and also met friends who just arrived into the UK via heathrow, gatwick and birmingham international airport).

You claim Nigerians are subject to search. Yes profiling is now the order of the day but please dont paint a picture that would generate hatred(This is exactly what the US and UK has done). We all need to know how to manage situations like this. Nigerians living in the UK are not living in fear of been stigmatised. If you have got nothing to hide then you should be able to stand your ground.

I also had such an experience couple of days after the failed xmas incident. I was coming from kent heading to euston. Myself and another Nigerian saw this somalian who wore a kaftan and had long beards. He just told me "mate am not getting on this tube if that guy is going".

We all want to live. so please remember the press has a lot of influence on the people so be careful how you pass messages across to your readers.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Oboma1(m): 3:40pm On Jan 05, 2010
Ever since this thread was posted, I have been laughing. In fact, I had to tell some of my colleagues to check the site, and laugh their hearts out.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Oboma1(m): 4:08pm On Jan 05, 2010
AbdulMutallab: Reps insist on open court trial

Bola Badmus, Abuja - 05.01.2010

THE House of Representatives, on Monday, insisted on open court trial instead of a military one for the suspected Nigerian terrorist, Farouk Umar AbdulMutallab.

The House Committee on Diaspora made the call in a statement made available to the Nigerian Tribune while reacting to the recent call by US Congressman, Peter King, who is also a member Homeland Security Committee, that Farouk should be tried in a secret military court.

Chairman of the Committee, Honourable Abike Dabiri-Erewa, described the call by US Congressman as “unfair and unjustifiable.”

The lawmaker, representing Lagos State on the ticket of the Action Congress (AC), said the approach being recommended by the committee would afford the global community the opportunity to listen to Farouk in an open court, understand his motivation and learn as individuals and nations.

“It will be in the global interest to share the information and lessons to be learnt through an open court trial by the global community so as to forestall likely future occurrence,” she said.

Meanwhile, the committee, which earlier joined others to condemn the act of Farouk, also appealed to Nigerians in the diaspora to exercise restraint and caution when being subjected to screening at various airports.

It also counselled security agencies globally not to use the event of December 25, 2009 as an excuse to harass innocent Nigerians living abroad.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/05012010/news/news11.html
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Oboma1(m): 4:12pm On Jan 05, 2010
This country sef. Will open or closed trial stop another Farouk Umar AbdulMutallab from coming up with another technique from Nigeria?
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Wrex(m): 4:15pm On Jan 05, 2010
lol, grin grin abeg,i no be nigerian again ooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, i don turn south african.This country is bleeped
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by oge4real(f): 4:37pm On Jan 05, 2010
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 05, 2010
wit d current obession wit terrorists, i wonder if nigerians travelling to the US from nigeria have been stripped searched too at our airports?
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Oboma1(m): 5:04pm On Jan 05, 2010
kate29:

wit d current obession wit terrorists, i wonder if nigerians travelling to the US from nigeria have been stripped searched too at our airports?

Nigerians will never have any problem stripping, if only they will employ fine babes there grin grin grin. Once one knows he is travelling, then he knows, things will happen!. Se mo wi re?
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by selingel: 6:54pm On Jan 05, 2010
Oboma1:

Nigerians will never have any problem stripping, if only they will employ fine babes there grin grin grin. Once one knows he is travelling, then he knows, things will happen!. Se mo wi re?

This is a very serious problem you are joking with. The multi-effect cannot be felt now, but after a year, the impact will be too glaring.
People might not have really run away from the train, but the way they will look at us as a Nation can never be the same again.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by eddiebomba(m): 7:03pm On Jan 05, 2010
honestly, every one, this was a national disgrace waiting to happen. when i first heard about abdulmutallab's ill-fated flight, I was sad-but i wasn't in the least surprised. And we nigerians are not even handling the situation with dignity; we've gone into frantic denial embarassed embarassed embarassed sayng Nigerians are not terrorists (as if we don't have sympathisers of Osama bin Laden in this part of the world)!! Do you know how many people in this country rejoiced when the terrorists struck on 9/11 embarassed embarassed? i can count how many people I saw wearing bin laden T-shirts on the streets of Lagos - LAGOS, OF ALL PLACES, NOT EVEN THE NORTH shocked shocked shocked shocked!!! not to mention the religious crises that break out year after year after year; and all exacerbated by a lawless government that's not even worthy of the name angry angry angry - it was only a matter of time before this sort of thing happened sad sad cry cry cry. It can only happen in a mediocre society like ours sad sad sad

And as for Akunyuli's statements about nigerians not wanting to die and not having suicidal tendencies, is she sayiong this young man is not a Nigerian(which he is, whether we acknowledge it or not); and that nigerians dont do such because we are cowards sad sad embarassed embarassed embarassed? I have great regard for madam Akunyuli, but as far as her utterances on behalf of the FG are concerned - and I can't believe I'm saying this - she should please SHUT UP  angry angrybefore she ruins her credibility and the re-branding project with such irresponsible arguments angry angry angry embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by selingel: 7:04pm On Jan 05, 2010
The case will be like a prostitute lady that went to a church to give a testimony. At the podium, she now said, her testimony is that, last year, she used to operate in Benin, but this year, she has gotten her visa to go to Italy. She now told the whole church to rejoice with her.

Now, the question is, yes she made a progress, but was it a positive one or negative one?.

Today in Nigeria, it seems we are making progress, but is it a positive one or negative?

419, Prostitution, Impersonation, Otokoto grin grin grin, religious killings, corrupt leaders, and now terrorism!. What a nation!.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Borat1: 7:08pm On Jan 05, 2010
eddiebomba:

And as for Akunyuli's statements about nigerians not wanting to die and not having suicidal tendencies, is she sayiong this young man is not a Nigerian(which he is, whether we acknowledge it or not); and that nigerians dont do such because we are cowards sad sad embarassed embarassed embarassed?

Did Dora Say That?
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by joxiri: 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2010
Is it just me or isnt the title of this topic racially stereotypical, was it only so called "uk white" that scampered for safety
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by selingel: 8:47pm On Jan 05, 2010
The Kala-Kato mayhem in Bauchi
By Punch Editorial Board, Published: Tuesday, 5 Jan 2010

It was yet another bloody eruption in Bauchi State when armed fundamentalists took on the nation’s security forces, causing deaths among soldiers, policemen, women and innocent citizens, including children. At the time the situation was brought under control on December 30, 2009, over 70 persons were reported to have died, while fears heightened that cities like Kaduna and Zaria, among others, might come under assault by remnants of the same sect or other extremists.

The Kala-Kato disturbances came as the third in a sequence within 12 months in Bauchi State alone. As with the Boko Haram uprising in Borno, Yobe and Bauchi itself, last July, which caused over 700 deaths and large-scale destruction of property, the December 28-30 violence exposed the inadequacies of the nation’s internal security apparatus, in terms of intelligence gathering, scenario planning and combat capability.

The Nigeria Police Headquarters in Abuja noted in a statement on December 29 that there had been internal disagreements within the sect, leading to disaffection between its leader, Mallam Badamasi, and some other ranking followers. The dissenting members were reportedly killed, and, in the escalation of the crisis, non-members became victims – some killed or maimed or had valuable property destroyed.

Much as the Police tried to impress the public with records regarding events within the sect, they failed to demonstrate dependability, because they were unable to act proactively on the strength of the information at their disposal. The notoriety of fundamentalists for irrational behaviour and violence is well documented, so the very least the Police could have done was to have a pre-emptive plan. The cost of that failure is the lives and property destroyed, which is most unfortunate, indeed.

Before all Nigerians today is the irrefutable proof of the vulnerability of the state to bloody sectarianism that has persisted from the era of Maitatsine in the early 1980s. Religious sects have mushroomed over the years in parts of the country, espousing doctrines that are irreconcilable with those of the mainstream religions or traditional belief systems. At will, these groups confront the state in armed conflict, apparently convinced that they could overwhelm the state and impose their parochial world views and doctrines on the rest of the society.

Clearly, the proliferation and daredevilry of the sects have been encouraged by the public posturing, attitudes and activities of the elite in those parts of the country where the disturbances are common. It is known, for instance, that the murderous hoodlums arrested during and after religious uprisings are regularly shielded by powerful men in government from criminal prosecution in the law courts. It is equally known that politicians desperate for power commonly whip up religious sentiments to achieve their aims.

The governors of affected states, notably Bauchi, Borno, Kano, Yobe and Gombe, among others, need to do some soul searching. They need to examine themselves to see if there is something in their conduct or activities that fosters the growth of these groups or emboldens their members. They have to bear in mind that they are as vulnerable as anyone else in the country, as the dimensions of sectarian strife and social anarchy can never be predicted with certainty.

Children and youths should be provided access to educational opportunities and vocational training to equip them with necessary skills for income-generating jobs. Universal Basic Education was designed to achieve related objectives, as were some other schemes embarked upon but abandoned because of greed among corrupt public office holders who continually divert public funds into private use. Almajiris and other vulnerable groups will not be available for recruitment by extremist sects when they have opportunities for self-advancement.

The federal and state governments have to act decisively to check sectarianism before it gets out of hand, as is the case with countries like Somalia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and elsewhere. Agencies like the State Security Service and the Nigeria Police need complete overhaul as they have proved to be ineffective in performing their statutory functions. Such institutional overhaul, coupled with empowerment of youths, is imperative if the country is to achieve the internal security and stability required to make it a favourite destination for foreign investments.

Above all, the perpetrators of Kala-Kato mayhem and their sponsors should be apprehended and brought to justice. All hoodlums and miscreants who hide under the veil of religion to kill and maim others need to know that Nigeria is a nation governed by law. A government that cannot guarantee an environment of law and order does not deserve to be in office.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201001058174460
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Kaydamus(m): 8:48pm On Jan 05, 2010
"The religion of peace" has done it again. Why wld any sane person want to fight 4 God? Is he a handicap like they make themselvs all in the name of Shariah? Or Jihad, isn't that the reason for this sect's actions? Still wondering what the bastard was going to get in return.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Kaydamus(m): 8:48pm On Jan 05, 2010
"The religion of peace" has done it again. Why wld any sane person want to fight 4 God? Is he a handicap like they make themselvs all in the name of Shariah? Or Jihad, isn't that the reason for this sect's actions? Still wondering what the bastard was going to get in return.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Kaydamus(m): 8:49pm On Jan 05, 2010
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by selingel: 8:54pm On Jan 05, 2010
Kaydamus:

"The religion of peace" has done it again. Why wld any sane person want to fight 4 God? Is he a handicap like they make themselvs all in the name of Shariah? Or Jihad, isn't that the reason for this sect's actions? Still wondering what the naughty person was going to get in return.

What pains me most is that, a blind Moslem leader, that cannot even write his name, will be accepted to know so much, to the extend that, he will tell morons what he feels is right, and yet, mumu's will rush out to execute his will, while the maggot sits somewhere watching the impact.

All these Moslem clerics should atleast, attempt primary six, it will help them
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by debosky(m): 9:07pm On Jan 05, 2010
selingel:

All these Moslem clerics should atleast, attempt primary six, it will help them

Don't be silly - the Jordanian medical doctor that killed 7 CIA agents last week - didn't he go past Primary 6?

What about Mutallab? After a degree in Mechanical Engineering and his British High School education, did that stop him from attempting to blow up a plane?
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by selingel: 9:51pm On Jan 05, 2010
debosky:

Don't be silly - the Jordanian medical doctor that killed 7 CIA agents last week - didn't he go past Primary 6?

What about Mutallab? After a degree in Mechanical Engineering and his British High School education, did that stop him from attempting to blow up a plane?

Do you really have to call one silly? Have you been to Northern Nigeria, before assuming they are Doctorate Degree holders and Professors? Find time and visit the Northern Nigerian mosques, and you will know how far!.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by sendtodeji: 10:01pm On Jan 05, 2010
I was expecting to read someone mention that the western world is simply reaping the fruit of its labor. What we are experiencing in Nigeria is the result of the unholy matrimony aka amalgamation of three ideologically incompatible entities. One of the three (3) who should actually be the lesser of all is now calling the shots and dictating our fate. Whatever the conspirators thought they would achieve when they came up with the whole idea back then has hatched into fierce monster that is about to consume them and even take the work of their hands down the with it.

Intelligent people have spoken on this thread. The lasting solution to Nigeria's problem is what I will call "to thy tent o Israel". Let each ethnicity govern itself in his own country. Whichever ethnicity is in power is obviously an insult to the others. It amazed me to hear a northern cleric lay claim to Niger-Delta precious resource as "our oil". Can someone point one specific thing that the northerners bring to the table of the association called Nigeria? None that I can point to but I stand to be corrected. Yet, they claim that they are borne to rule even when they lack the wherewithal to do so.

What else do we expect from a nation whose leaders lack the basic knowledge of leadership? This is a reflection of what goes on everywhere in the country. Leadership is more involving than being at the top or in control. We are yet to realize that governance is dynamic and as such requires dynamic minds. Yet, we recycle leaders who want to apply the approach of '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s to modern day challenges. How do you expect a nation to advance technologically when the leadership is not technologically inclined? It's only people who appreciate things that will show interest in investing in such. That is evident in Governor Fashola's performance in Lagos State. We need more dynamic minds in order to move Nigeria forward and position the country where it rightly belongs.

We are hopeful that things will change for better in Nigeria but we are growing weary by the day. When shall we again see Nigeria in its glory and splendor. It's as if every time we take one step forward we take twenty steps backward. Nigeria, where do we go from here?
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by bolanleodu: 11:04pm On Jan 05, 2010
Nairaland is a very dangerous place only the strong at heart should come here,
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Kaydamus(m): 11:14pm On Jan 05, 2010
"We are sending you people who value death much as you value life." This ws ur terrorist-brother's oga's reply 2 d US gvmnt afta d incidence. Nw tell me, ow dumber can a University student go? Frm this, I think it is glaring that the problem is the religion. There must be something "the religion of peace" is preaching to these persons. Do they assure them that they won't die? Do they "jazz" them? Or have they just choosen to be dumb? Why on earth would anyone run an errand that would cost him his life? An errand that won't leave you a chance to give a feedback? An errand that's left innocent ppl to pay,
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Decryptor(m): 12:40am On Jan 06, 2010
sendtodeji:

What else do we expect from a nation whose leaders lack the basic knowledge of leadership? This is a reflection of what goes on everywhere in the country. Leadership is more involving than being at the top or in control. We are yet to realize that governance is dynamic and as such requires dynamic minds. Yet, we recycle leaders who want to apply the approach of '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s to modern day challenges. How do you expect a nation to advance technologically when the leadership is not technologically inclined? It's only people who appreciate things that will show interest in investing in such. That is evident in Governor Fashola's performance in Lagos State. We need more dynamic minds in order to move Nigeria forward and position the country where it rightly belongs.

We are hopeful that things will change for better in Nigeria but we are growing weary by the day. When shall we again see Nigeria in its glory and splendor. It's as if every time we take one step forward we take twenty steps backward. Nigeria, where do we go from here?

And tomorrow, one yeye minister will come out and say "Let's Rebrand Nigeria". To me, THERE CAN NEVER BE A REBRANDING WITHOUT A REBUILDING! And oh, before i forget, here is my idea of rebranding Nigeria as you can see below,

Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by adebayo111: 1:17am On Jan 06, 2010
I dont understand why some fools will come to the forum and start pointing accusing fingers to the muslims when an incident of terrorism is mentioned.
Islam is a religion of peace and it doesnt encourage act of terrorism or oppresion. When the militant in niger delta who are predominantly christian is holding this country to ransome, no muslim talked about xtians being thugs or whatever. The militias are doing it to press home some demands, thesame thing applied to the terrorist. Its not a matter of religion.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by mamagee3(f): 1:44am On Jan 06, 2010
They are just retarded. sad
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by haronky7: 3:52am On Jan 06, 2010
@adebayo111
Please man, go get a hair cut! As I do not support religious wrangling, you obviosly must make a valid point, not just trying to defend any religion or even God. Any group of people worshipping a god through a religion obviously believe their god is powerful. People should stop fighting in the name of any god; just simply tell that god to go do his dirty job if indeed is all-powerful. If indeed he is god, why can't he simply go do the killing himself? It is dumb and foolish for any mortal to be fighting for the immortal. Don't miss the point here. You should also be able to take criticism of your religion (if you have one) by unbelievers without shouting 'kill the infidel'. I presume you're a 'good' Muslim not given to violence (but deeply pained by these apparent recent international development that seems to have been unfavourable to the Islamic faith) like these psychopaths, but I really doubt if these extremists really would believe you a practising Muslim if you are not actively involved in Jihad. That is the reality!

Niger delta people are not fighting in the name of any religion/god even though they are mostly xtians according to you; they are fighting for justice and equity in the 'way' our leaders will quickly reckon with (and oh boy, tell me if they are not getting that recognition now) -they lay the golden egg our leaders selfishly and greedily feed upon, yet they are marginalised,oppressed and even killed while they had fully exhausted all lines of dialogue (remember Saro Wiwa). So much as I detest violence and killings in any shape or form, without fear of doubt I could say the damage could have been worse if for instance, crude oil comes from one of these sharia states in Nigeria and they are subjected to the same marginalisation these unfortunate Niger delta people face -by now I am sure Nigeria would have simply vanished from the map; just think of it -what does is take to incite riots up North?. Tell me,is it a crime to be blessed with natural resources? There are a lot of fundamental issues here which I don't want to go into, but before you raise any eyebrows, I need to confirm that I am not from Niger delta area. I support a Nigeria that is free, fair and opperate true Federalism like the USA we are trying to copy.

Lastly, tough future awaits all of us who would venture to travel, because it is now official -we are a terrorist country, now ranked with the likes of Parkistan and Sudan; how worse can it get? Incessant religious riots and killings have been the norm in Northern Nigeria for as long as I can remember, much to the shame of all of us including our leaders who did nothing to stop this 'social cancer'. What recently has just happened is a normal cancerous progression , metastasis!; as we have now exported terrorism outside of the country naturally by default. Secondly if you are a confirmed Muslim, that is double jeopardy ( or call it double wahala for dead body and the owner of dead body), because being a Nigerian would set of any security alarm from now on in any Western country, but being a Nigerian Muslim would make the alarm scream 'catch am!'. So don't let us deceive ourselves. Get used to it! It will go a long way in alleviating the pain and insult. And believe me. there ain't nothing those clowns in Abuja could do about it.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by yeyeruzi: 4:12am On Jan 06, 2010
@haronky7

If Mend agent was caught attempting to blow up a plane filled up with American or Ghanian or Igbo or etc passengers because he believes America or Ghana or Igbos or etc are strongly involved in the Niger-delta injustice. Then, by you, it is all good even when it will still put Nigeria in the terror list

Terror is terror my friend whether it is done for religious purposes or injustice or what ever.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Saraki,Dogara,Emeka Ihedioha At Opening Of Young Parliamentarians Forum(pics) / Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town / Don’t Make English, Maths Compulsory For Students Seeking Admission – Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.