Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,460 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress - Phones (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress (29971 Views)

Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands / Be Careful Buying Phones Here / Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by manlawal(m): 7:07pm On Apr 21, 2017
chicwoman:
Hello Nairalanders,
So I've been seeing this thing on Nairaland where people say that they are ordering phones from Aliexpress.
Hmm.
Let me narrate some experiences,
I have this friend that wanted to buy a phone and was attracted to the specs (and price) of phones that he saw on Aliexpress so he ordered one.
Only for the phone to pack up a month later, when he call their customer care to get the replacement parts he was told that he needed to order it from China, and the parts cost more than the price of the phone.
Really bad abi?

Somebody also bought a Samsung phone from UK and took it to a Nigerian service center and they told him that they can't touch it because it's not from this (Nigeria) region.

My advise is for you to buy from reputable home based brands like tecno and the like. They have service centers all over the country that you can go to if your device has issues (I have even used tecno's Carlcare to repair something on my phone and they didn't charge me anything), several brands like Innjoo,Infinix and co also have these service centers.
Don't play yourself, protect your hard earned money.

Uncle Lalasticlala and mynd44 please help me push it to front page abeg.
Op the issue is you are a learner in terms of phones and importation. Do all this company make their phone here? And what do you see to people who bought phone in computer village and met Eba, apu or soap in the carton. And have you forgotten that everybody doesn't stays in the city where tecno have repair center.
I have never seen any phone parts that is expensive than the phone except you choose a shipping method with high fee
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by chicwoman(f): 7:23pm On Apr 21, 2017
How much is granite to Lagos abeg
Make we talk business
manlawal:

Op the issue is you are a learner in terms of phones and importation. Do all this company make their phone here? And what do you see to people who bought phone in computer village and met Eba, apu or soap in the carton. And have you forgotten that everybody doesn't stays in the city where tecno have repair center.
I have never seen any phone parts that is expensive than the phone except you choose a shipping method with high fee
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by princetom1(m): 7:29pm On Apr 21, 2017
manlawal:

Hmnn, if u visit calcare regularly, u will see spare parts that it's prices are ridiculous. First hand experience. Funny enough, u will ask them to repair Earpiece, u get there after 2 weeks, they tell u ur screen is faulty also

3 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by SUPERPACK: 7:58pm On Apr 21, 2017
look how u people are busy making noise about another man's money nawao

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 21, 2017
Dexter247:

Wait oo.. which S4 are you talking about?
patiently waiting for ur reply grin

Samsung S4 sir tongue
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Osaki07: 8:58pm On Apr 21, 2017
nuramohammed26:

Ofcos I know the SoC on the Phantom.... Am just rubbishing tecno grin
Note that i ain't a Tecno user

But I don't really see anything wrong with their products..yeah I know that xiaomi is way better than them but also remember that "different brand,different market strategy"(..which of course mizmycoli has really explained wink )

so guys you don't really have to start acting like jerks to prove anything..Stop Been Fan boys!!!!!

Since you know that xiaomi is better no need to trash Tecno

For GOD sake act mature!!!

@mizmycoli @chicwoman kudos to both of you
I like the way you handling them bullies.

3 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by chicwoman(f): 9:01pm On Apr 21, 2017
Thank you
Osaki07:

But I don't really see anything wrong with their products..yeah I know that xiaomi is way better than them but also remember that "different brand,different market strategy"(..which of course mizmycoli has really explained wink )

so guys you don't really have to start acting like jerks to prove anything..Stop Been Fan boys!!!!!

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by iliyande(m): 9:17pm On Apr 21, 2017
eleojo23:

Yeah. It's worth it.

Already in some stores. Check oukitel store
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by manlawal(m): 10:46pm On Apr 21, 2017
chicwoman:
Make we talk business
where in Lagos
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by KingOfThePay(m): 10:49pm On Apr 21, 2017
Osaki07:

Shut up.! You must be a very good ass licker.

6 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by KingOfThePay(m): 11:14pm On Apr 21, 2017
Nice one guys. Definitely,

Quality speaks for itself.

This happens naturally, attached with alot of enthusiasm. But these guys here lost their taste, a long time ago.

Currently Xiaomi competes with Apple comfortably and luxuriously.

So i wonder how a sensible person will find so much time in comparing shii with techno.

Just Imagine! Lol..

Anyways, Not like apple is a yardstick tho...

Base on what i see, Xiaomi is so far gone ..

4 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Damoxy(m): 11:18pm On Apr 21, 2017
Osaki07:

Shut up
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by proffnico(m): 11:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
Abeg who be this Okasaki abi na rasaki wey dey vomit rubbish 4 here? For where tekNO dey try.....................
If i hear pere.."Tecrap.."
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by humblesteve(m): 11:39pm On Apr 21, 2017
Osaki07:

A$$ linking won't buy you favour

5 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by omobacyprus(m): 7:53am On Apr 22, 2017
chicwoman:
I'ts still not advisable,
Buy from brands based here like Tecno
All these tecno marketers ehn.. Our mumu don do.. Typing from my Xiaomi Mi5s bought on Aliexpress.. Tell me one fucking tecno phone that can beat it

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by chicwoman(f): 8:21am On Apr 22, 2017
Xiaomi competes with Apple
Apple phones??
What are you using to compare Oga?
KingOfThePay:
Nice one guys. Definitely,

Quality speaks for itself.

This happens naturally, attached with alot of enthusiasm. But these guys here lost their taste, a long time ago.

Currently Xiaomi competes with Apple comfortably and luxuriously.

So i wonder how a sensible person will find so much time in comparing shii with techno.

Just Imagine! Lol..

Anyways, Not like apple is a yardstick tho...

Base on what i see, Xiaomi is so far gone ..
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 8:45am On Apr 22, 2017
Osaki07:

Blowing Kizzes Your Way kiss kiss kiss
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by princetom1(m): 9:03am On Apr 22, 2017
MizMyColi:

Blowing Kizzes Your Way kiss kiss kiss

Virus

3 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 9:19am On Apr 22, 2017
princetom1:

Virus

Baby Dust
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 9:19am On Apr 22, 2017
Now they're viewing as guestsgrin
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by humblesteve(m): 9:26am On Apr 22, 2017
MizMyColi:
Now they're viewing as guestsgrin
Nwanyi tecno
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by ubev01(m): 9:27am On Apr 22, 2017
All boys are good, obi is a boy. What's the point here, is it not that obi is good?
Over 80% of phones from AliExpress by Nigerians are Xiaomi phones, so if you Say DON'T BUY PHONES FROM ALIEXPRESS, YOU ARE SIMPLY SAYING, DON'T BUY XIAOMI PHONES. ITS SEMANTIC MA'AM

chicwoman:
Reptile I want to believe that you CAN read
Where exactly did you see me mention Xiaomi?
I did not even know about the phone until yesterday
You all came with your hate campaign and it did not work
I just share my own experience
I have used tecno phones and they are really good
My first one lasted me months and I was convinced to buy another one, my L9

3 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by vanchi(m): 9:31am On Apr 22, 2017
i really dont see how your responses to valid points raised against you help your cause. Responses such as this only helps an observer to understand the level of experience you have in terms of understanding phone hardware and specifications and their overall contribution to the performance of a phone in its day to day functionality.

less witty responses and more factual statements will help your case

chicwoman:
Make we talk business
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by vanchi(m): 9:33am On Apr 22, 2017
she wont reply you.

omobacyprus:
All these tecno marketers ehn.. Our mumu don do.. Typing from my Xiaomi Mi5s bought on Aliexpress.. Tell me one fucking tecno phone that can beat it
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by vanchi(m): 9:39am On Apr 22, 2017
at least you dey use your brain unlike one chicken
MizMyColi:

Okay, If I ever consider getting a Snapdragon device to replace my LG, I will consult you further.
But not Xiaomi sha grin

And I apologise for coming at you like I did.
No vex you hear.
smiley

You know, we women, our brain use to do one kyn sometimes cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
No use this line yab me tomorrow o angry
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 9:49am On Apr 22, 2017
vanchi:

She's a cool Bae.
WomenPower
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 9:51am On Apr 22, 2017
humblesteve:

Nwanyi tecno

You can say that again dear.
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by humblesteve(m): 9:59am On Apr 22, 2017
vanchi:
I swear, she just raised a topic without having a constructive points to back up claims.

Paid maga

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Chuksteric(m): 10:34am On Apr 22, 2017
[quote author grin
How can I lose when I'm with the best team? cool[/quote]
When ice was ice
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by elpato(m): 12:36pm On Apr 22, 2017
Look at her. paid tecno agent. dont discourage others
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by JAWBONE(m): 12:38pm On Apr 22, 2017
franzis:
abeg review that shoot 1 for me that phone looks dope for such a price
Specs
2GB RAM, 16GB ROM
DUAL SIM(one sim and Memory card or two sims) Memory card expandable up to 256GB
DUAL REAR CAMERAS(13MP+8MP). Front camera is 8mp. The cameras are superb.
The phone is powered by MTK6737T chipset clocked at 1.5GHz QUAD-CORE.
Front facing fingerprint sensor and many other features within the phone. I've being using it for a while now and I can comfortably say it beats every other 2GB RAM phone sold in this country, and for the price it's the best phone in that category.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Things You Should Never Do While Charging Your Smartphone / Etisalat GAGA: Etisalat Offers Cheap Android Phone / MTN Loses 2m Subscribers In 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.