Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress (29908 Views)

Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands / Be Careful Buying Phones Here / Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by noobody(m): 5:53pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:
Oshey
Xiaomi marketer, I've heard of people like you
I am simply posting so that people can know the real truth about buying phones from Aliexpress, if the experience is not beneficial to you, CLEAR OFF

I keep calling you biased,blind,foolish,i aint wrong,you dont see me comparing xiaomi to iphone 6,u dont see me going about on every thread shouting xiaomi is better,like you ediots lie about the phone pad 3,you dont see xiaomi puting up flyers all around ikeja like tecno do,you donnt even see xiomi doing adverts,yet they sell more than tecno ca ever dream off,thats to tell you,nor be by weed smoking or noise,quality beats crap!! Learn,even your head sales agent dey beg to own xiaomi

3 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Theloveth(m): 5:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
Youngpo413:
Try harder next time, Nigerians are now smarter, no more ripp off from tecno and Co. No tecno phone can be compared to an ordinary redmi 4a not even the so called flagships.
Lol... Leave them.
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by vanchi(m): 5:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:
Oshey
Xiaomi marketer, I've heard of people like you
I am simply posting so that people can know the real truth about buying phones from Aliexpress, if the experience is not beneficial to you, CLEAR OFF

So e really pain you..... You for kuku password the thread. Stewpid person. Xiaomi force you buy?

3 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by princetom1(m): 6:02pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:
Okay, first off. Shouldn't there be proof of some sorts.
That said, I think some people are lucky with good buys from Aliexpress, while others aren't so lucky. But they assure you that if you don't receive your package, you can get your money back.

Personally, I ordered two premium watches (so I'm told). I haven't received them. I also ordered one other watch. It's close to 2 weeks now. More than sef.

Someone narrated his experience of buying an Asus device from there (I think), and he had an issue with it. He tried ordering the parts online and the price was close to what he bought the device for.

There was also an issue of an Elephone that packed up.

I have also read of situations where people neither got their package not their money.
There were also instances of no package, money returned.

So, for me, it's a risk.
But then, what isn't a risk in this life sef.

Madam, i thought we had educated u about how this works.

About your watch, it will get to u, it depends on the shipping method u used. Does it have tracking number? Can u track it?

If anything goes wrong, like u didn't receive your watch, be rest assured, your money will be refunded 100%.

Am still rocking my Xiaomi mi max prime (tecno can't even touch this despite the huge price difference)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Youngpo413: 6:04pm On Apr 20, 2017
Dandsome:

What the OP is trying to stress here is that you should buy a gadget that has a customer care office you can get in touch with anytime.

If one needs to buy from China, make sure you have a physical contact there before you hear stories that touch.
really?
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by princetom1(m): 6:05pm On Apr 20, 2017
noobody:

I keep calling you biased,blind,foolish,i aint wrong,you dont see me comparing xiaomi to iphone 6,u dont see me going about on every thread shouting xiaomi is better,like you ediots lie about the phone pad 3,you dont see xiaomi puting up flyers all around ikeja like tecno do,you donnt even see xiomi doing adverts,yet they sell more than tecno ca ever dream off,thats to tell you,nor be by weed smoking or noise,quality beats crap!! Learn,even your head sales agent dey beg to own xiaomi

Tell them, if an ordinary youth can't use his brain, what is he?

Everywhere i go, people ask, which phone is that, can i see it?

Ow, how cool.

Back to the matter, is it only xiaomi aliexpress is selling?

Lemme guess, dem don pay una money ba?
Make una continue. Eyes don open

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by noobody(m): 6:05pm On Apr 20, 2017
princetom1:

Madam, i thought we had educated u about how this works.

About your watch, it will get to u, it depends on the shipping method u used. Does it have tracking number? Can u track it?

If anything goes wrong, like u didn't receive your watch, be rest assured, your money will be refunded 100%.

Am still rocking my Xiaomi mi max prime (tecno can't even touch this despite the huge price difference)

If only she calmed down to read all terms befor purchase?
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by dasphinx1(m): 6:06pm On Apr 20, 2017
Fvck Tecno!!! *Drops mic*

8 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by princetom1(m): 6:11pm On Apr 20, 2017
noobody:

If only she calmed down to read all terms befor purchase?

We don lecture her taya, why did she even went ahead to order 2 watches, another one again before receiving the 1st one?

I guess the deal was so good, she can't resist the urge to buy more.

Is time to make some comparison
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by iliyande(m): 6:12pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:
Okay, first off. Shouldn't there be proof of some sorts.
That said, I think some people are lucky with good buys from Aliexpress, while others aren't so lucky. But they assure you that if you don't receive your package, you can get your money back.

Personally, I ordered two premium watches (so I'm told). I haven't received them. I also ordered one other watch. It's close to 2 weeks now. More than sef.

Someone narrated his experience of buying an Asus device from there (I think), and he had an issue with it. He tried ordering the parts online and the price was close to what he bought the device for.

There was also an issue of an Elephone that packed up.

I have also read of situations where people neither got their package not their money.
There were also instances of no package, money returned.

So, for me, it's a risk.
But then, what isn't a risk in this life sef.

My phantom 5 screen got broken and tecno cc charged me about 25k, upon that I have to comeback in 3wks time. Tell me d difference now. I abandoned the phone and went for my present phone letv x500 2yrs counting now.

Reppearing tecno here sometimes is more expensive than reprearing some known Chinese brands.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by princetom1(m): 6:18pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:
Hello Nairalanders,
So I've been seeing this thing on Nairaland where people say that they are ordering phones from Aliexpress.
Hmm.
Let me narrate some experiences,
I have this friend that wanted to buy a phone and was attracted to the specs (and price) of phones that he saw on Aliexpress so he ordered one.
Only for the phone to pack up a month later, when he call their customer care to get the replacement parts he was told that he needed to order it from China, and the parts cost more than the price of the phone.
Really bad abi?

Somebody also bought a Samsung phone from UK and took it to a Nigerian service center and they told him that they can't touch it because it's not from this (Nigeria) region.

My advise is for you to buy from reputable home based brands like tecno and the like. They have service centers all over the country that you can go to if your device has issues (I have even used tecno's Carlcare to repair something on my phone and they didn't charge me anything), several brands like Innjoo,Infinix and co also have these service centers.
Don't play yourself, protect your hard earned money.

Uncle Lalasticlala and mynd44 please help me push it to front page abeg.

Smh, why even take h serious?

You don't have first hand experience, just my friend, this and that.
If you are smart enough, u will know that, in every situation, there must be a way to work around it.
If i dash u my Xiaomi, u wan try am?
If u nt here to troll, then, let me add,
Wen u don't know about something, u ask. Your friend could have bought some untrusted brands. If u want phones,

Check,

Xiaomi,
Lenovo,
Zuk,
LeEco,
Huawei,
Honor,
ZTE, and more,
You will be amazed how much your local brands have been skinning u. The last time i checked, tecno and Co are not reliable despite the overpriced garbage. I had to make research and thank God, I find Xiaomi

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by chicwoman(f): 6:27pm On Apr 20, 2017
You do realise that you can engage people online without insults right? That is the mark of a mature mind
I am only stating experiences which can help people because people need to know the full truth about buying phones online when you can buy from reputable brands like tecno, infinix etc.
princetom1:

Smh, why even take h serious?

You don't have first hand experience, just my friend, this and that.
If you are smart enough, u will know that, in every situation, there must be a way to work around it.
If i dash u my Xiaomi, u wan try am?
If u nt here to troll, then, let me add,
Wen u don't know about something, u ask. Your friend could have bought some untrusted brands. If u want phones,

Check,

Xiaomi,
Lenovo,
Zuk,
LeEco,
Huawei,
Honor,
ZTE, and more,
You will be amazed how much your local brands have been skinning u. The last time i checked, tecno and Co are not reliable despite the overpriced garbage. I had to make research and thank God, I find Xiaomi

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by princetom1(m): 6:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:
You do realise that you can engage people online without insults right? That is the mark of a mature mind
I am only stating experiences which can help people because people need to know the full truth about buying phones online when you can buy from reputable brands like tecno, infinix etc.

Sorry about that.
There is no truth in what u depicted up there. Next time, make research before you post, it makes someone look dumb.
For the record, stop calling infinix, tecno, reliable. Go to their customer care in opebi to find out. I used to praise them, until my eyes open. They are crap if u compare them to moat of the phones we buy from China.

3 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by noobody(m): 6:32pm On Apr 20, 2017
princetom1:

Sorry about that.
There is no truth in what u depicted up there. Next time, make research before you post, it makes someone look dumb.
For the record, stop calling infinix, tecno, reliable. Go to their customer care in opebi to find out. I used to praise them, until my eyes open. They are crap if u compare them to moat of the phones we buy from China.

Why you apologise na,ask the mumu if she nor insult me,all dey know how to do na spread lies nd smoke weed to spread more lies,tecnocraps

6 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by JayJustus(m): 6:32pm On Apr 20, 2017
OP OP OP OP...I want to ask you one question...please don't be angry...it has been bothering my mind ever since you started this thread...

please OP tell me how much you were paid??

rocking my Oukitel U16 max...

check out the unboxing below

https://www.nairaland.com/3707055/oukitel-u20-leagoo-m8-shark1/10#55747977

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by ubev01(m): 6:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
Top 10 smartphone company 2016, i know Samsung (s Korea) is 1st, Apple (America) is 2nd, the rest are Chinese Huawei, oppo, vivo, one plus, XIAOMI, lenovo etc, there's no tecno, infinix, itel, injoo, even gionee is not there. My question, if i buy a xiaomi phone from AliExpress and you buy tecno from Nigeria, who bought quality and who bought crap.

16 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Adebayolove(m): 6:34pm On Apr 20, 2017
No risk, no reward.

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by princetom1(m): 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2017
ubev01:
Top 10 smartphone company 2016, i know Samsung (s Korea) is 1st, Apple (America) is 2nd, the rest are Chinese Huawei, oppo, vivo, one plus, XIAOMI, lenovo etc, there's no tecno, infinix, itel, injoo, even gionee is not there. My question, if i buy a xiaomi phone from AliExpress and you buy tecno from Nigeria, who bought quality and who bought crap.

cc: MizMyColi, chicwoman
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by chicwoman(f): 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2017
Okay, I will respectfully accept your opinion
I have not had bad experiences with them
My 'eye' never clear yet grin grin
princetom1:

Sorry about that.
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by princetom1(m): 6:39pm On Apr 20, 2017
noobody:

Why you apologise na,ask the mumu if she nor insult me,all dey know how to do na spread lies nd smoke weed to spread more lies,tecnocraps

She claimed clean, me sef claim Saint, na start we still dey nau. .. grin
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by noobody(m): 6:45pm On Apr 20, 2017
princetom1:

She claimed clean, me sef claim Saint, na start we still dey nau. .. grin

grin grin na redmi 4a 16gb not 32gb i go dash am,her life would change forever,costs just 28k,i wudnt mind to do her dis favour,as long as her lyf change for good

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 20, 2017
Funny thread! When i first had my hand on xaiomi phone... I just swear to myself! Brother don't use a phone if it not MI!
Ordered the 4A for my mum n sister... They are not phone enthusiast but the sleek design got them hook! 4A is just the small boy o

I was at an interview few days ago and the girl.sitting next to me as we wait be like which phone is that? I just gave her to sample.for few minutes, she punched her digit on it staright ni cool grin no need to ask. Xaiomi did the magic
Aliexpress is safe and authentic! MI is king n quality!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by princetom1(m): 6:46pm On Apr 20, 2017
noobody:

grin grin na redmi 4a 16gb not 32gb i go dash am,her life would change forever,costs just 28k,i wudnt mind to do her dis favour,as long as her lyf change for good

Bad guy. grin cheesy
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by iliyande(m): 6:47pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:
Okay, I will respectfully accept your opinion
I have not had bad experiences with them
My 'eye' never clear yet grin grin

I don't believe u work for tecno, but I tell u today, the cost of buying/maintaining tecno/infinix is as high as foreign known brands if not higher. those chinese brands are more qualitative compare to what tecno/infinix are offering here.

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 20, 2017
noobody:

Lwkmd!!! Well it better than the most hype camon CX and hot S. From a real life review
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by princetom1(m): 6:51pm On Apr 20, 2017
See peeps here,

Fibonacci2526, ubev01, Dam5reey, noobody, iliyande, hopsydboi, dasphinx1

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by noobody(m): 6:52pm On Apr 20, 2017
hopsydboi:
Funny thread! When i first had my hand on xaiomi phone... I just swear to myself! Brother don't use a phone if it not MI!
Ordered the 4A for my mum n sister... They are not phone enthusiast but the sleek design got them hook! 4A is just the small boy o

I was at an interview few days ago and the girl.sitting next to me as we wait be like which phone is that? I just gave her to sample.for few minutes, she punched her digit on it staright ni cool grin no need to ask. Xaiomi did the magic

If a tecno paid,weed smoking agent told this interview story,it would be that the phone pad 3 got him the girls contact info,got him the job as well too,nd cos the manager of that company nor dey use phone pad 3,the CEO sack am,nko replace am wey get phone pad 3 for the position,
Thats the kinda crap they do

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by noobody(m): 6:53pm On Apr 20, 2017
princetom1:
See peeps here,

She opened the wrong thread,soldiers don dey base dey prepare,she don enter am,
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by princetom1(m): 6:54pm On Apr 20, 2017
hopsydboi:

Waiting on this love story to complete o. People wey dey wait for IV plenty,
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 20, 2017
noobody:

If a tecno paid,weed smoking agent told this interview story,it would be that the phone pad 3 got him the girls contact info,got him the job as well too,nd cos the manager of that company nor dey use phone pad 3,the CEO sack am,nko replace am wey get phone pad 3 for the position,
Thats the kinda crap they do
They are hungry! She demands i help her order! She was on Samsung o... She just test camera, weight n design n price!

It my 2nd xaiomi device now... Waiting on the 3rd! I have never had issues!!!!
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 20, 2017
princetom1:
See peeps here,

Boss i see you! They want to stop the exposure! We no go gree! Nigerians are wiser! We have always been anyway!

3 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 20, 2017
princetom1:

Waiting on this love story to complete o. People wey dey wait for IV plenty,

Hahaha i go open o e thread for the story with one techno phone grin!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Which Smartphone Is Best For The Price Range N18,000 - N23,000? / Airtel Blackberry Plan Still Working On Android Devices And PC After Dec 3rd / How To Quickly Root Infinix Hot 2 X510 Without PC - Android One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.