Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,487 members, 7,812,509 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) (70932 Views)

Using Phone Master in Infinix Devices / Help, My Phones Torch Light Isn't Working!! / My Phone's Torch Burnt My Finger. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 10:13am On May 01, 2017
haibe:
Is it fine if my phone is in flight mode? I do this all the time
I am not sure it's fine. The instruction on Gen set says, no phone. We should follow instructions completely.
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by mechanics(m): 10:13am On May 01, 2017
decatalyst:
Ignorance kills faster than negligence.

Some people will see a sign prohibing mobile phones and cigarette at a petrol filling station, yet they will come down from their vehicle and be receiving calls...

May God console his family
Amen, that's why most times the attendant will tell customer's not to receive calls when being attended to.
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by mechanics(m): 10:15am On May 01, 2017
So unfortunate, we just have to be very careful with some of these electronics, they have their disadvantages, he should have used ordinary torchlight.
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by namdo(m): 10:16am On May 01, 2017
You should not RECEIVE a call near gasoline fumes.
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 10:16am On May 01, 2017
dingbang:
totally not an unsafe act.. D unsafe act but unsafe when making a call comes in or d petrol spills on d body of the generator.. Be properly guided please. I didn't study HSE for nothing
you studied HSE and you were not taught to follow instructions. Do you see "No phone" symbol on generator sets?? First rule in HSE is to follow instructions anywhere you find yourself or what you do. Is it not better not to go near a gen set with a phone at all, one may forget and answer a call. All these over sabi people. angry
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by Reference(m): 10:17am On May 01, 2017
And yet we will speak so authoritatively on matters way above our level of comprehension. 'Donot operate a generator with a phone torch'. What is the meaning of this. And the chap will have gone to bed feeling he passed across a message. Perhaps too grieved to read what he posted.
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by dingbang(m): 10:18am On May 01, 2017
majekdom2:
you studied HSE and you were not taught to follow instructions. Do you see "No phone" symbol on generator sets?? First rule in HSE is to follow instructions anywhere you find yourself or what you do. All these over sabi people. angry
chei.. One thing is to understand why they put the sign there. Thank you..
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by YaksonFCA(m): 10:18am On May 01, 2017
RIP.man
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by Adiwana: 10:24am On May 01, 2017
dingbang:
you are making a phone call. The call u make carry electromagnetic waves... Not the torchlight..
And where in my post did I say that phones carry This Waves.Why shouting Jesus if you can't read&understand what I wrote properly
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 10:25am On May 01, 2017
dingbang:
chei.. One thing is to understand why they put the sign there. Thank you..
you don't have to understand an instruction to follow it that's because in your understanding it may not make sense. When they tell you where a muster point is, do you have to argue why it is there? If you see no smoke sign, it's because there is a likely hood of ignition thus explosion. If you see PPE it means wear your complete PPE. You are aware the area may lead to a fall or something can fall. It's simple as this. If you see a "no phone" sign, it means a phone may cause ignition or cause damage. You did not see a "sign of man receiving calls" it is a no phone sign. Follow instructions! You don't know anything... stop oversabi, Go back and learn your "HSE" properly

1 Like

Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by KevinDein: 10:33am On May 01, 2017
donbabajay:

The level of illiteracy in the land is alarming
Trust me bro, it's gonna get worse. Dullness is celebrated in the land and intellectuals are made to feel like outcasts within their peers.

Low IQ among the masses is a threat to the development of our society
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by mecussey(m): 10:38am On May 01, 2017
greatnaija01:
Phone touch OR TORCH? which is it.? because this is not ordinary at all

after reading the Jazz thread ...everything will look like jazz now. But this is strange, phone radiation is too small to ignite fuel, but the battery contact and spark can but the probability is very little. So this is strange indeed
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by bluice2(m): 10:48am On May 01, 2017
emeijeh:
Jesus!
And i do it every evening.

Can you explain the dangers and how this man got burnt?

So many peeps do it all the time. What I suspect is this dude probably might have been pouring fuel into an already steaming gen.
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by DaAwesome1(m): 11:10am On May 01, 2017
Simeony007:
Maybe he used a Samsung grenade phone
choi,guy y
shocked
Simeony007:
Maybe he used a Samsung grenade phone
choi,guy y
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by DjSwaga(m): 11:11am On May 01, 2017
This is exactly what was on my mind

bluice2:

So many peeps do it all the time. What I suspect is this dude probably might have been pouring fuel into an already steaming gen.

Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 11:16am On May 01, 2017
Its a pity!!! :-( cry
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by Adadioranma79(f): 11:29am On May 01, 2017
It's dangerous and most times, the victims don't survive from the injuries sustained. Just stop the act, it's all you need to do, cos no explanation can take away the end result. A landlord in my hood died from same some years back. He who has ears, lemme him hear. Prevention is the keyword here dear. Cheers post=55815374]Jesus!
And i do it every evening.

Can you explain the dangers and how this man got burnt?
[/quote]
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by mathy2p2: 11:34am On May 01, 2017
Wahala

Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by billyG(m): 11:35am On May 01, 2017
This myth need to b busted,someone shld volunteer to place fuel in an open container close to a mobile phone & dial d phone no: from afar to see if it will ignite .
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by emu22(m): 11:38am On May 01, 2017
Last nite I operated my gen with Nokia torch lite phone'i have heard about d dangers in doing dat but I didn't know it could be dis bad.Lord have mercy.
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by talk2saintify(m): 11:39am On May 01, 2017
probably his phone rang in the process

because the rays coming from a ringing fone are very strong

1 Like

Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by Abdstrakt(m): 11:44am On May 01, 2017
dingbang:
he just asked a technical question.. So u telling me if the gen was off and I put on d torch and face into the gen tank, the petrol will ignite?

Lord of mercy..
Yea, lord have mercy!

How you were able to deduce what you wrote from my statement is beyond me.
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 11:47am On May 01, 2017
obafemee80:

Don't mind them...
Educated illiterates will rush here to prove to us that its not possible.

I lifted this from a site:

Apparently cell phone signals are too weak to ignite gasoline vapors, but the human body can generate enough static electiricy (60,000 volts) from simply sliding out of your car seat to do just that. Do you pay attention to all those signs at the gas pump telling you to to make sure your car, cell phone, PDA, pacemaker, etc. are all turn off

Other ways that a mobile phone could generate a spark at a petrol station/generator would be due to a defective battery(explosion)
wat abt reachabl latern?
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by redsun(m): 11:47am On May 01, 2017
brandydaniells:
on 2006 my dad died while operating on a generator with sagem phone touch...learn or lessons

That is cheap Chinese phone fault and the makers should be brought to book. I have never seen any warning that say phones shouldn't be used near generators or any other fuel operated machines.
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by brandydaniells(m): 11:48am On May 01, 2017
AnthonioAlsaid:

Sorry for your loss
Please is there a scientific explanation for this
I mean I just can't correlate
till date I cant explain it ...maybe the radiation or smtn

1 Like

Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by brandydaniells(m): 11:49am On May 01, 2017
redsun:

That is cheap Chinese phone fault and the makers should be brought to book. I have never seen any warning that say phones shouldn't be used near generators or any other fuel operated machines.
shaa the phone was pure metal...
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by obafemee80(m): 11:53am On May 01, 2017
pesinfada:
wat abt reachabl latern?
Dats what I use when i'm handling fuel/Gen
Those lights are made of LEDs,so they are safer...

1 Like

Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by Seunjungle(m): 12:12pm On May 01, 2017
Nairaland is very poor in journalism. This news happened long time before now...Seun Osewa likes copy and paste news. Very lazy a man!!!
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by DrogoG(m): 12:19pm On May 01, 2017
OP, you're clueless to believe phone torch can set a gen on fire. Nigerians believe any crap! I guess, you missed science classes.

The guy didn't tell the truth of what happened. Even a burnng cigarette can't lit gas (which is far more inflammable than fuel). If you drop a burning cigarette on the floor and pour fuel on it, the fuel will douse it.

Only a real spark of flame can lit gas. And a spark of flame can only lit fuel if the flame is in contact or very close enough.

Why fuel tankers burn after an accident is because Sparks occur when there is friction between irons or iron and concrete.

The guy lit a flame that made contact with the fuel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady’s Skirt Burnt As Her Phone Explodes Today, At The Benin Market / List Of Night Plans On All Networks And Their Subscription Code / Innjoo Leap 2 Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.