Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) (70953 Views)

Using Phone Master in Infinix Devices / Help, My Phones Torch Light Isn't Working!! / My Phone's Torch Burnt My Finger. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by bongolistik(m): 12:26pm On May 01, 2017
Nickizoe:
Please someone should educate me abit....whats the relationship between a phone and a generator,.. How can a cell phone ignite a generator?? Whats the mechanism behind it plzzzz and health hazard...
now here is it, when you switch on your phones torchlight, the phone gains heat faster and temperature rises, it also warms up the battery, which accidentally can even cause battery explosion, so when this type of occurrence happens when you are pouring patrol into the generator while using the phone torchlight, fire hazard might result

1 Like

Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by olanje: 12:27pm On May 01, 2017
dingbang:
Jesus Christ.. Since when do torchlight Carry radio waves.. Biko
Reading all your comments here, i'm so convinced that you must be a very dumb person in reality, you don't know anything and you're not ready to learn
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by olanje: 12:38pm On May 01, 2017
majekdom2:
you studied HSE and you were not taught to follow instructions. Do you see "No phone" symbol on generator sets?? First rule in HSE is to follow instructions anywhere you find yourself or what you do. Is it not better not to go near a gen set with a phone at all, one may forget and answer a call. All these over sabi people. angry
pls sensitize him brother
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by isnovic(m): 1:02pm On May 01, 2017
Nothing was wrong.
Obviously people are still not aware that the torch on phones are source of heat.
The fire triangle was simply complete when the torch light was used by him.
He obviously had the petrol vapor mixed with oxygen abundantly available charged with the flash torch.
That is why people in Oil and gas industry do no allow cameras and phones.
The spark from the battery contact points. Flash or torch lights sources are enough to ignite a charged mixture of combustible vapor or petrol and light ends fuels.

Stop using ur phones or even torch close to your fuel tanks, car engines or generators.
Refill you tanks or generators in ample air or in the open.
Do no do it in a room or enclosure
Lastly stay upwind when starting you generators or firing a combustion engine
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by chiraqDemon(m): 2:14pm On May 01, 2017
devilmaycry:
our forefathers didnt die like this....
Well, dearh is all around us, the very fact that we survive at all is a miracle
Cos everyday we face
1000 ways to die

Cant really remember it well lol
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by Nickizoe(f): 2:22pm On May 01, 2017
bongolistik:
now here is it, when you switch on your phones torchlight, the phone gains heat faster and temperature rises, it also warms up the battery, which accidentally can even cause battery explosion, so when this type of occurrence happens when you are pouring patrol into the generator while using the phone torchlight, fire hazard might result
Thank you alot... This so cool...and easy to understand... God bless
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by Schro4real: 2:26pm On May 01, 2017
Please people should just heed to the advice and also pass it across. Don't get your phones close to the generator (fuel) either working or not. Please for the sake of your loved ones, cos when you die, your loved ones will bear all the pains, wailings and cries. I have personally recorded over 20 of these scenarios having worked in a hospital with burns unit/centre. Please save your lives for those who love you. A word is enough for the wise
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by Afritop(m): 2:26pm On May 01, 2017
folarinmiles:
Tell us how he did it na
For clarity purpose use your mobile phone touch when you want to switch on your generator.

NOTE: whatever happens afterward doesn't concern me
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by effido666: 2:52pm On May 01, 2017
greatnaija01:
Phone touch OR TORCH? which is it.? because this is not ordinary at all
na torch oooo.......u tink say to spell dey easy..
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 01, 2017
Afritop:

For clarity purpose use your mobile phone touch when you want to switch on your generator.

NOTE: whatever happens afterward doesn't concern me
Na today
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by Great504: 4:50pm On May 01, 2017
greatnaija01:
Phone touch OR TORCH? which is it.? because this is not ordinary at all
I am sure he meant phone torch. This is simply because there is a warning from safety precautions that there are spectral lines (invincible) which are likely to cause a fire outbreak especially if a call should get through to the phone while in use. Even though I long knew this, but I am still guilty as at yesterday. Hmmmm! but what a lesson.

1 Like

Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by greatnaija01: 4:51pm On May 01, 2017
yes sir, i learn o.

Great504:

I am sure he meant phone torch. This is simply because there is a warning from safety precautions that there are spectral lines (invincible) which are likely to cause a fire outbreak especially if a call should get through to the phone while in use. Even though I long knew this, but I am still guilty as at yesterday. Hmmmm! but what a lesson.
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 01, 2017
Simeony007:
Maybe he used a Samsung grenade phone

You have a point

Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by rahman3853(m): 6:30pm On May 01, 2017
This boils down to bado government. ..if there is light will he be using gen in the first place!!!?
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by jericco1(m): 6:33pm On May 01, 2017
My thoughts are with the family of the deceased.
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by Babysho(m): 8:54pm On May 01, 2017
rattlesnake:
Hahahah and he still has phone by his hand

Hahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahaahahahhaaahahahhahahahahaahahhàahhahahaahhahahaahahahhahahahahahhahahahaahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahhahaha...
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by sweetestever(f): 6:02pm On Sep 23, 2017
Edenoscar:

actually theres no scientific proof that cellphones can cause fire in a filling station,the reason for the signs you see at a service station is because fuelling your car is an important task that requires your undivided attention,
Basiclly its the same reason why you're told not to make calls while driving,it makes you careless and you risk being runover
go and make proper inquiry.
Re: FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) by Isaaco3: 1:28pm On Oct 28, 2017
tyokunbo:
Source:http://towncrieronline.net/2017/04/22/man-dies-using-phone-touch-to-operate-generator/

As shared by Princess ...

The guy above, Bode Akinsanya was a staff of FCMB Ogba Branch, he passed on yesterday as a result of burnt suffered why operating his generator with his phone's torch. Please never operate a gen set with phone's torch. Educate all your friends and family please.

...I think the man is bewitched!...even a hot beam of light from the wouldn't start such fire.
let's not deceive ourselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady’s Skirt Burnt As Her Phone Explodes Today, At The Benin Market / List Of Night Plans On All Networks And Their Subscription Code / Innjoo Leap 2 Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.