Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,199 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? (18692 Views)

Photo: Which Would Be Your Pick For Use On Nigerian Roads? / The Most Common Car On Nigerian Roads? / The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by lastpage: 10:56pm On Jan 06, 2010
Hello labiyemmy,
Are you really serious or you're just playing on (making money -off) people's ignorance?
I will come back to you.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by lastpage: 11:04pm On Jan 06, 2010
While l generally don’t like going into confrontation in online discussions (you cant see who u are discussing with and a lot of nincompoops hide under the cover of their keyboard to fart on the web!) l am constrained to send a rejoinder to this “labiyemmy”.

@labiyemmy
@lastpage
Free on the internet? you mean the hacked maps? Hackers are thieves, dont you know? and the ones you were able to hack and load on your phone are the old maps from the South Africans with less than ten Nigerian cities on it - compare it to ours which has 230 city maps? You cant beat that. And as we speak, we are in negotiations with over five international companies willing us to license our maps to them for their systems - why will you claim to have a country wide navigation system that only has less than ten cities nationwide on it?

You did not start this thread and only came in later. From your post, a few of which l humbly reproduced above, your interest is to sell as much “Maps” as possible and make money. While this is not a bad idea, l want to say two things:

1.) Ignorance is a bigger disease than HIV or poverty (it could give you both!). Even the Americans that “invented” the internet made it free and available 2 anyone, if you are able to harness the information on it. Were the internet to be invented by people like you, l guess only the richest of the rich will have access to it!

2.) Garmin products have been in use for years, before people like you even knew how to power-on a computer.
Like someone said, “there is nothing on earth that has not been made available for free, for anyone, on the internet” ONLY IF YOU CAN DO THE HARDWORK OF FINDING IT!

Without going into the technicality of “freeware” and “copyright” l want to say that loading MAPS into your “purchased” phone or Device is as simple as getting a “Memory Card”, transferring freely available data (MAP) into it and inserting it back into your GPS enabled Phone (N-Series, E-Series or some other high end phone or Navigation device).

One thing that is common among we Nigerians is EXPLOITATION.
We love to exploit ourselves. (The greedy ones amongst us at least.)

“Knowledge is Power” and it is common knowledge that the only reason even our National Assembly will not pass the Freedom of Information (FOI) Bill is that it gives the citizens access to information, which if well harnessed, translates to Knowledge, and then it empowers them! Yes, they want our citizens to keep wallowing in ignorance, which creates poverty, so that they can flaunt their mostly ill-gotten wealth in their face! They would rather buy a 4X4-Hummer Jeep to ride over pot holes than repair that road. They would rather use “Air Ambulance” than equip our hospitals, They would rather import a 40KVA Generator that make power available to all of us from PHCN (abi na NEPA sef?).l could go on forever.

It is the same mentality that people like “labiyemmy” have! Exploitative opportunist!
Are you more Garmin, than Garmin itself or how come the company has these European maps all over the internet, to be downloaded for free and used to upgrade your device?
A lot of things that the “Western World” have made available for their citizens, for free, to improve their lives, is “copied and brought to Nigeria, only to be sold at exorbitant prices.

In Europe and America, anyone can bear me witness that for “same Network-2-Network” phone calls and text, it is FREE, yes, free and they still make their profit but in Nigeria, they must exploit us by charging us for even “same network” text!
The Garmin device or the N97 Nokia phone costs a bit of money but UPDATING the device with additional MAPs is FREE. End of Story.

Why should l buy the Garmin device or any other device that is GPS enabled, and still have to pay for MAPS, anytime l am interested in going to another country or location? Is it the likes of this “labiyemmy” and the company he works for, that placed those Satellite in orbits? (the satellite the GPS uses to localize locations and routes).
What should the Americans who placed these satellites in orbit charge, if you charge this much just to “copy and paste” data (data that you did not manufacture o!) into a memory card? That means l will “buy Maps” for each and every country l need to go? Arrant nonsense, its only we Nigerians, especially the greedy ones that think they are the smartest, amongst us that believe that.
Again, these Maps are FREELY AVAILABLE from “Nokia OVI Maps” (from where l got mine), Google Street Maps, Garmin Website (not the Naija hustler ones) and a host of a hundred other places on the internet.

To be continued.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by lastpage: 11:13pm On Jan 06, 2010
contd.

Your claim that l hacked a map, that is “old” is bunkum!
First, its not a hack. It’s is free.
I have attached a few shots from my screen, for you to see and get convinced that “what you’re selling is freely available” on the internet but whomsoever wants to buy from you (before you crucify me) can buy from you but you cant stop other people from getting “resources” freely available, from the internet. I have Maps from virtually any country in the world l need to go, available freely on the net.

This is not hacking, it is called “research” and its available to “anyone who has the time and the intellect” not to be taken for a ride by some “Naija hustlers” claiming some copyright license over something that does not even belong to you!
Check out the detailed street level map of Ikorodu road, Mushin Area, Herbert Macaulay Area in Yaba, Abuja street level, or the middle belt one showing the cities my screen can contain at a time and tell me if yours shows “people’s toilet” and is therefore better? Moreover, it’s a question of “zooming-in” to get finer details, not the crap you are saying to people. Anyway, l know “man must wack” and l cant stop you from using some people as “Mugun”!

@labiyemmy
We have seen an increase in sales based on this topic- our website has been hit to the maximum ever in a space of three days since the topic started- we offer demo at our office in Abuja and in Lagos-
http://www.ceaser-web.com
Call and walk in to see how the system works all over Nigeria, with detailed street maps to places unimaginable.
Ofcourse, this is just “pure simple marketing gimmick” but its still “fair game”.

@Geaorge D:
oh! your sales have jumped up, has it? then maybe you should be thanking me for starting this thread (on your behalf)!  seriously though, if my handheld gps is the mappable type, how much will it cost me to load nigerian maps onto it?
@labiyemmy: 20k only Sir
Alright, this is where you sink-in your hook! So you want 20K for just “copying a map” you did not draw, unto his memory card? Smart dude!!
Like l said, its not my business or intention to debar people from patronizing you but you cannot also debar me from alerting people to the fact that these things are FREE AND AVAILABLE FOR FREE ON THE INTERNET!
Whoever wants to pay, let them pay for it, whoever wants it for free, contact me (and a host of hundreds of people too), who can walk you through this piece of cake.
Read “Zenus” post and you will agree with me that l am not the only one that knows how to do these.
@zenus
additionally, all you need to do with your Navigating system is to have a correct map in your memory card and put it in a device.
if your city does not have the correct map, you can use your device and do the road mapping with POI and transfer it to your map which u can a well copy it to your memory card.
Very Simple
That map above can work very well with your Garmin product, the map is Garmin map for Nigeria with Lagos well label.
All you need to do is to download it to a memory can using your product instruction
I dare you to sue me.
BTW: Sorry folks, this was a long “story” but l need to correct the impression that this is “rocket science” as some hustlers want us to believe! Its just a two step process, to change the map or add additional maps to your device. Cheers & happy new year, travel safely and quickly!
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by lastpage: 11:14pm On Jan 06, 2010
These are screen prints.

Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by lastpage: 11:15pm On Jan 06, 2010
This is Ikorodu road, Igbobi hospital Area.

Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by lastpage: 11:17pm On Jan 06, 2010
Am still trying to shrink the bigger Map with a lot of cities (its bigger than 200KB) for people's attention. Here is Mushin.

Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by tanimz(f): 11:18pm On Jan 06, 2010
Is this for real

OMG, some people go lostttttt grin grin
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by lastpage: 11:40pm On Jan 06, 2010
This is Abuja at street level.
Tell me if your "copy & paste" 20K job can do better than this.
Like l said, u're free to sell it.
Its a free world but dont condemn those who can dedicate time and energy to look for it on the internet. grin

Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by tanimz(f): 11:41pm On Jan 06, 2010
I can believe it for Abuja, but other states?- especially rivers. Na no go area be dt!!
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by lastpage: 11:44pm On Jan 06, 2010
Lagos and environs.

As a matter of fact, this will get you to the "ghetto-est" corner anywhere in Nigeria, for once, trust NASA Satellites.
Your Device GPS just locks unto those Satellite, shikenna.

@taminz,
Believe it, its the same technology. Just tell me a place you want and l would display it on my device right now, and paste it for you.
What about your village? grin

Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by tanimz(f): 11:51pm On Jan 06, 2010
@ last page- u cant find my village, but its worth a try- owu, abeokuta

Try port-harcourt- elimbu/ elimgbu whichever one. Maybe ild tell my parents abt it
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by SisiKill1: 11:53pm On Jan 06, 2010
Lmao! See serious lobbying by labiyemmy to sell his product.

To his potential "clients" you're better off asking the epa and boli  seller by the road side than wasting that 20k and if you still feel the need to throw money out the window, just drive around Ajegunle and start flinging it. . .at least there's a chance someone will make good use of it. cheesy

I swear Naijas ehn, we don't. . .how do they say it. . .mo wan ara wa. We just like to leap, do follow follow not caring that the people we are following put alot into preparing before venturing out. They'll know the shortest route, the scenic route, the express, the local, service stations. . . All that good stuff. Stuff we all know our Naija roads don't have to offer. So pray tell what the heck is being offered in this too good to be true naija navigation system?
Oh I forgot, we get to download maps on our phones. Whoop di do!

Short anecdote. . . The other day, my sis and i were to meet someone and the guy tells us that when we get to a certain area, we should ask the people around the way to Airways. We ask and after we found the place, i asked the guy if Airways is the real name of the area, his answer. . . No but that's what everyone calls it, tells me not to even bother asking him what the real name is coz he has no clue. How's the navigator gonna handle these kinda situations and we all know there are many like that. . . I mean is it the Palace  street that is actually Mosun street but is called palace  street coz there's a house on it built like a palace? How about the back roads bus drivers create for themselves when there's traffic?

We need to organise ourselves (in every sense of the word) before taking on such an arduous task. Until that is done, any navigation system for Naija is pure crap.

That's my opinion and if it doesn't gel with ya. . .well that's just too bad.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by lastpage: 11:58pm On Jan 06, 2010
Which one be ur village?
Orile-Owu?
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by lastpage: 12:00am On Jan 07, 2010
This one?

Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by lastpage: 12:01am On Jan 07, 2010
what do you think "Tanimz"?
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by tanimz(f): 12:02am On Jan 07, 2010
@ Last page, Im impressed. But it doesnt show the streets, its just like a regular geographical map

try elim(g)bu in portharcourt
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 12:03am On Jan 07, 2010
@lastpage

mind the words you use against people you dont know.

Noone is saying there are no free maps - i am saying the free maps that you offer people to download are maps hacked into by people and made available on the internet- i dont need to argue with you, in fact, i have not attempted to argue with you, doing so will make me a non enity and an empty barrel.

We make our maps, copyrighted, with over 200 city maps- go to our office in Abuja and in Lagos - 46, Allen Avenue, Third Dimension Technologies - on in Suite B20, Melita Plaza, Area 11, Abuja and see how we make our maps from the scratch- this is what we do for a living, we dont take maps made by other people and begin to show case it as if it is ours.

In all these, i see a bit of jealousy in the way you speak and write- for me, i dont have any reason to argue or trade words with you-. The maps you post here are maps made by Garmap in south Africa - I just came back from a meeting with them and the essence of the meeting is how to deal with map pirates and people who hack into the maps and make it available for free on the internet- I dont give a damn what you say - i didnt steal my maps - we made it ourselves, hence we need to charge money from it- make moeny in return. You are not making any reasonable input in my opinion - the maps from Mapsource that you are copying and pasting has less than 20 street level maps - do yourself a favour- walk into any of our offices, and see for yourself how many city maps down to street level is on our maps- your issue is that these our maps are locked and you cant download them freely, thats why you are bragging on these old maps you are touting here.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 12:13am On Jan 07, 2010
Lastpage

Read this thread from A to Z and you will find it necessary to stop shouting:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=286116.msg4112665#msg4112665

The way you talk just make me conclude that you are new in the GPS topic and you want to make it seems like you know more than others.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by lastpage: 12:19am On Jan 07, 2010
taminz,
I dont know which area of PH "that place", see if you can locate it from this Map. if l need to show a particular street, l will just zoom closer, thats all but l wanted you to get a feel of the surrounding too.
The damn thing takes visitors right to my door step and l only get to know when they tell me to come open the door grin

By the way, l dont need to join issues with this guy who thinks he can go around "name dropping" like that Journalist grin
Anything you say, he will come back an tell you he just ate Amala and Isi-Ewu with them a few minutes ago! grin grin

Bloody extortionist, l guess he would soon come around and tell us "We made those Satellites your GPS are locking unto"!

Here is "product" that gets me to where l want to go, free of charge  on the internet and he is speaking some useless Turanshi! shocked

Me jealous of one poor Nigerian that is trying to make a living from exploiting his fellow Nigerian? Abeg, say something else.
Its nothing personal and l said you're free to make your coins, it doesn't bother,,,,,,,,not until you decided to run your mouth against me.

My annual "Road Tax" is enough to take care of you.

Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 12:22am On Jan 07, 2010
Lastpage?

I see you are a kid trying to learn what life is all about? Your road tax is enough to take care of me? hmmm

Your entire family, including those not yet born are not enough and will never be good enough to work as gatemen in my company, you are here talking about road tax? Apart from copying and pasting- which anybody can do from their keyboards and mapsource, come here and tell us what you have achieved, you will be the first person to go down for offering hacked maps for sale on the internet- you can use all the ill words in your arsenal- it shows the kind of person you are, empty to the bone- coming here to talk about road tax! Where your own ends, thats where other people's own starts from. What else have you got to copy and paste?

For those calling - lines are still open - the website is still there, email - info@3dtechnologies.org - http://www.ceaser-web.com or 08055794269 - Bring in your device- we will load the maps for you for 20k, navigate nationwide, not just 20 cities.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by Singular: 12:33am On Jan 07, 2010
Is this something to argue about?
lastpage I think you are out of order calling @labiyemmy an extortionist, why not explore what he is sayin?
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 12:36am On Jan 07, 2010
@Singular

Did you read the last thing he wrote?

His annual road tax is enough to take care of someone!
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by SisiKill1: 12:42am On Jan 07, 2010
Lmao! I see we've gotten to the point where we bring our generation past and future into a debate that does not concern them. (that POOR remark musta hurted. . . Tee hee)

Oh man! I just love it when Naijas argue. Next stop. . .the you are just jealous of me routine. Oh wait, that's been done already.

Kai! I like it when people don't disappoint.

Hehehehehe. cheesy cheesy
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by SisiKill1: 12:53am On Jan 07, 2010
Not to flame the fires (oh who am i kidding cheesy) but Mr. Yemmy, you kinda sorta opened yourself up for that road tax remark.

You don't tell someone he is jealous of you and not expect him to wanna show you how wrong you are by claiming his. . .eh. . . Chicken change is enough to take care of you and any responsibilities you have, for years and years.

You see what i mean?
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by Singular: 12:55am On Jan 07, 2010
Sisi_Kill:

Not to flame the fires (oh who am i kidding cheesy) but Mr. Yemmy, you kinda sorta opened yourself up for that road tax remark.

You don't tell someone he is jealous of you and not expect him to wanna show you how wrong you are by claiming his. . .eh. . . Chicken change is enough to take care of you and any responsibilities you have, for years and years.

You see what i mean?

Sisi_Kill:

Lmao! I see we've gotten to the point where we bring our generation past and future into a debate that does not concern them. (that POOR remark musta hurted. . . Tee hee)

Oh man! I just love it when Naijas argue. Next stop. . .the you are just jealous of me routine. Oh wait, that's been done already.

Kai! I like it when people don't disappoint.

Hehehehehe. cheesy cheesy

What does this have to do with navigation systems in Nigeria? I have seen these things work, why do we criticize without even seeing the product.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by SisiKill1: 1:22am On Jan 07, 2010
You've seen it work? shocked shocked Wow! i'm just warm fuzzyly happy for you! 

I think we can officially close this topic

Anyhopeyougetsarcasmway,  What do ya mean what's that got to do with navigation system in Nigeria? What has the" You are jealous of me whine and your family, past, present and future isn't good enough to be my gatemen" got to do with navigation system in Nigeria?
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by lastpage: 1:28am On Jan 07, 2010
I will not dignify that "marketer" by responding to his challenge.

But since one or two people have commented (he closed the opportunity to explore his option when he started calling me names), l want to say that l am generally a humble person and if you look at my contributions on this thread, l did not go on the offensive, l did not insult nor did l make any derogatory remark against his person (at least not until he went petty that l was jealous of him!) Please read my first comment on this thread, where l even "differed to him" as l know that it is where he butters his bread,! Just as a gesture of respect since l no say "kontri no easy, no be today" grin

Anyway, l simply provided an alternative to the #75,000 charge on something that is otherwise free.

Then he threw the first shot by saying l am a hacker, you will be arrested, l will sue you and all sorts of 'small stuff'.
I still did not respond but "went about stating my case" as l see it, then to show me that "im sabi yarn" he said l was jealous!

See me see trouble, see me see what anonymousity on internet will cause!!
How on earth can you say someone is jealous of you, someone you've never met and whose pedigree you dont even know?

I hate to argue "personal things" like I BETTER PASS MY NEIGHBOR on a forum like this or anywhere else.
Its all these empty vessels that make 'graun-graun, ringin-ringin, pan-puun paa-puun' all over nairaland grin
I even regret allowing you push that statement out of my mouth and l apologize for my comment  about "Road Tax".

It just shows that we should be careful when we run our mouth at others afterall, they say "the last cut is always the deepest!"

It seems you are just starting in terms of doing business and l wish you well, as you know, well established business dont go around giving out "phone numbers" and E-mail the way you've been doning it so far, it simply shows desperation.

Next time, l think you should try and start from Businessmen Fellowships, use Adsense, take TV ads  wink , full page adverts in Guardian Newspaper and get a deeper business model, not all these "jumping on Garmin Wagon".

Going forward,l have made my point and l wish to terminate this line of discussion and allow you to focus on your marketing strategy (except you throw another barb at me wink )

Wish you the best in the year ahead.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by lastpage: 1:42am On Jan 07, 2010
I will not dignify that "marketer" by responding to his challenge.

But since one or two people have commented (he closed the opportunity to explore his option when he started calling me names), l want to say that l am generally a humble person and if you look at my contributions on this thread, l did not go on the offensive, l did not insult nor did l make any derogatory remark against his person (at least not until he went petty that l was jealous of him!) Please read my first comment on this thread, where l even "differed to him" as l know that it is where he butters his bread,! Just as a gesture of respect since l no say "kontri no easy, no be today" grin

Anyway, l simply provided an alternative to the #75,000 charge on something that is otherwise free.

Then he threw the first shot by saying l am a hacker, you will be arrested, l will sue you and all sorts of 'small stuff'.
I still did not respond but "went about stating my case" as l see it, then to show me that "im sabi yarn" he said l was jealous!

See me see trouble, see me see what anonymousity on internet will cause!!
How on earth can you say someone is jealous of you, someone you've never met and whose pedigree you dont even know?

I hate to argue "personal things" like I BETTER PASS MY NEIGHBOR on a forum like this or anywhere else.
Its all these empty vessels that make 'graun-graun, ringin-ringin, pan-puun paa-puun' all over nairaland grin
I even regret allowing you push that statement out of my mouth and l apologize for my comment about "Road Tax".

It just shows that we should be careful when we run our mouth at others afterall, they say "the last cut is always the deepest!"

It seems you are just starting in terms of doing business and l wish you well, as you know, well established business dont go around giving out "phone numbers" and E-mail the way you've been doning it so far, it simply shows desperation.

Next time, l think you should try and start from Businessmen Fellowships, use Adsense, take TV ads wink , full page adverts in Guardian Newspaper and get a deeper business model, not all these "jumping on Garmin Wagon".

Going forward,l have made my point and l wish to terminate this line of discussion and allow you to focus on your marketing strategy (except you throw another barb at me wink )

Wish you the best in the year ahead.

Emmm BTW: the "free online version" of this road navigation is much easier! You only need to change the EMEI number/device code since it is unique to each device, and two dot.unl (.unl) files for each country's map you want to navigate!
That free information made available for free on the internet will cost you #75,000 if YOU LIVE IN NAIJA lipsrsealed lipsrsealed wink grin

I dey by the corner just in case.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 1:45am On Jan 07, 2010
Keep calling - the lines are open 24/7

0703 694 9019 - http://www.ceaser-web.com

Or email - info@3dtechnologies.org

Noone needs anyone's apologies- keep them where they belong to.

If our business model needs be studied, walk into one of our two corporate offices - Third Dimension Technologies, 46, Allen Avenue, Ikeja or in Abuja, Suite B20, Melita Plaza - By Gimbiya Street, Area 11, Abuja or if you are in London - call us, we are open to talk to.

Anyone interested in knowing how to build these maps from the ground are also welcome- our offices are open to all.

Remember - the device plus the maps costs 50k, if you already have the device, its only 20k to load the maps - with 230 city maps and over 30000 POIs. Come in for a trial anytime. If your car has a KENWOOD system, bring it in, we will give you the maps on DVD. If you download the hacked online version - try and compare it to ours and you will be glad you did.

Garmin sells their devices, TOMTOM sells their devices with their maps, and these maps are also free to download on the internet because people have hacked them and make them available for free - does that stop TOMTOM and GARMIN from still legitimately selling their products and making money from it? No- or because people hack into Microsoft softwares, then Microsoft has no need to sell what they have made?

This is the question? Do we legitimately have the right to sell what we have laboured to make or do we not have the right because a few people have hacked our competitor's maps and put it online for free?
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by nairaner(m): 1:52am On Jan 07, 2010
ah! this thread has gotten dis hot? From my observation of the thread, i can see laby as a rude way of talking or getting a message across even though he may not mean it in the rude manner it is easily perceived. So i can understand where lastpage is coming from.

@ Wilife u can easily mail them (radnon) . email should b on their website www.radnon.com .
Talking about mobile maps, months back I once mailed them regarding mobile maps for my HTC phone(2 use while i will b there for last xmas) for which they offered about 18k. A friend back in Nigeria uses both their mobile and car versions and seems to be  saying their products competes with leading products like those used here in the UK and in the US, basically speaking highly of their products. He took me around with his car version and it was SURE impressive, the mobile interface is no different. From there website, they seem to be excellent at what they do.

PPL, if u all ask me, i think GPS navigation in nigeria will pick up with time looking at wots on ground now. It surely gets u from one point to another with alternative routes on offer all without asking directions from strangers/okadas who could inturn turn against u and rob u (the main reason i wanted one on my HTC).  Infact it came to my rescue after a late nite boxing day party. My fiancee (driving) and i got lost somewhere in Ikeja. Pulled out my my phone, and the Radnon thingy (to my amazement on those dark dark roads) got us on track and before we knew it we were on Third Mainland bridge heading for the island (how relieved we were).

So yep i believe they are of good use in Nigeria. As for the roads condition issue, we will surely get there. The man Fashola is doing wonders in that good old city of Lagos

Good luck! smiley
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 1:56am On Jan 07, 2010
@naira-ner

What has navigation got to do with bad roads? Please tell me.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by Singular: 2:09am On Jan 07, 2010
@labiyemmy, please dont follow these people to talk. Serious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Free Driving Lessons For 20 People / 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties / Black Smoke From Exhaust.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.