Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,659 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? (18696 Views)

Photo: Which Would Be Your Pick For Use On Nigerian Roads? / The Most Common Car On Nigerian Roads? / The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by tanimz(f): 3:46pm On Jan 09, 2010
@ Last page, I tried searching for it on google maps and it only takes me to East West road and not the school.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by lastpage: 5:02pm On Jan 09, 2010
@Choco5
Why are you still replying if your talking about dignified silence??
Why not stop all this??

Even to this unwarranted question, l will still maintain a dignified silence  tongue tongue
That is what "George_D" has been asking for!

@tanimz, [quote]Last page, I tried searching for it on google maps and it only takes me to East West road and not the school.[/Quote]
Which of the "Rumo" is it very close to? Or give me the nearest "big town" to it. May be "other Maps" are much more detailed.
I am not too familiar with PH roads and this weekend is busy for socializing, to do a detailed search.
Right now, l am watching Arsenal Vs. Everton. (Pls forgive me)
Score is one-all.
Which team do you follow in the league?

Cheers.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:03pm On Jan 09, 2010
mine would probably give me directions back to the airport tongue
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by tanimz(f): 5:52pm On Jan 09, 2010
lastpage:

@tanimz, Which of the "Rumo" is it very close to? Or give me the nearest "big town" to it. May be "other Maps" are much more detailed.
I am not too familiar with PH roads and this weekend is busy for socializing, to do a detailed search.
Right now, l am watching Arsenal Vs. Everton. (Pls forgive me)
Score is one-all.
Which team do you follow in the league?

Cheers.

Its closer to Rumuodara, or tank.

Im not a football fan (sorry)

Thanks all the same,
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by Busybody2(f): 4:40pm On Jan 13, 2010
Singular:

Is this something to argue about?
lastpage I think you are out of order calling @labiyemmy an extortionist, why not explore what he is sayin?

If that was the only thing he called him, it would have been okay undecided I intensely dislike obviously intelligent, but obnoxious people like lastpage who try to slyly abuse people and when they hit them back where it hurts, start whinging they were insulted first undecided He started it all FIRST, yet and he Is the first to cry wolf

All Labiyemmy said was that only hackers did what he was suggesting and lastpage went off and started foaming and frothing at the mouth like a deranged banshee, having the nerve to say;

that his hacking is research – things intelligent people do

that labiyemmy is a naija hustler

that he is talking and selling crap

that he uses people as mugu, that labiyemmy is either not really serious or just playing on (making money -off) people's ignorance?

that he is employing pure simple marketing gimmick

that it is the same mentality that people like “labiyemmy” have! Exploitative opportunist!

that people who don’t wanna fuel the activities of h,ackers but instead patronize labiyemmy need to know knowledge is power

that ignorance is a bigger disease than HIV or poverty (the cheek)

that he is a rip off cos he wants 20K for just “copying a map” he did not draw, unto his memory card?

that its not his (lastpage) business or intention to debar people from patronizing labiyemmy”

He started it all, yet see him here crying wolf, gosh I can't stand people like this undecided
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-375671.64.html#msg5264100
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by Busybody2(f): 4:44pm On Jan 13, 2010
[size=16pt]
texazzpete:

@lastpage
You may claim the maps are freely available on the internet, but you KNOW that they are hacked/cracked maps. Whether or not you agree with the 'hacker' tag, it does your cause no good that you're actively pointing people to the pirated content.
What you're doing is almost like going on Apple's forums and posting links to cracked copies of Snow Leopard.

The fact is, unless you can prove that these maps are legally offered for FREE anywhere online, it's clearly a hacked/pirated software you're running. That by itself isn't that bad. But here, even when you see someone who obviously has a strong claim to creating a version of the maps you're using illegally, you're actively working against his enterprise.
And that's just lame, any way you want to spin it.

If your hangup is confirming Alabiyemmy's claims, i can at least vouch for that. This guy has been actively marketing his GPS solutions since 2006. in fact there are posts on Nairaland dating way back to 2005. I've seen his progress from java based maps running on dumbphones to running maps on GPS equipped modern day smartphones. I've been to his office several times.

I have no idea what yourself and fadahunda are up to here, but one thing is certain. You do not have the moral high ground.

GBAM, God bless you for this and may that reservoir or fountain or thingymajug where you get your astute and indepth insight from never run dry wink wink wink[/size]

And from his comment in the last paragraph of his post quoted below, goading labiyemmy to dare sue him, it is obvious the pinhead knows he is wrong undecided https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-375671.64.html#msg5263350
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by Busybody2(f): 5:46pm On Jan 13, 2010
@ Labiyemmy

Please, listen to this guy Singular here, seriously. Sure you know what they say about empty barrels wink

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-375671.64.html#msg5264238

@ femionasan

thank you, for lending another voice of reason.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Anyone that feels I am crying more than the bereaved can go and hug a nepa pole or go and kiss a livewire for all I care angry

And if you are the type that likes going on and on and on like a broken record that you have left the floor, that you choose to maintain a dignified silence, the matter is closed, and all that balderdash, but still manages to always come back to throw a few barbs here and there and think you can use word play to outsmart me, na here una go find me, I full ground too, no shaking, bring it on cool

The spambot did not change my username to Buzibadi for nothing tongue Constructive criticism, I would encourage, but I draw the line at destructive criticism, hmmn, hmmn, now i wonder where I got that “gem” from tongue wink
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by harakiri(m): 3:54am On Apr 29, 2010
It's very useful.I drove straight into Air force barracks when i should be going to the airport.The other day i was heading for the hospital and the GPS directed me to drive off the edge of a cliff.

Things are definitely getting better. grin
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 7:50pm On Apr 29, 2010
lies are dangerous. Which cliff in Nigeria?
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:13am On Apr 30, 2010
harakiri,
i'm inclined to take your post on a lighter mood. wink
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by Busybody2(f): 11:46pm On Apr 30, 2010
George_D:

harakiri,
i'm inclined to take your post on a lighter mood. wink

Na, methinks he has been sniffing the liquid stuff in those[b] lighter [/b] instead tongue cheesy
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by kaloka(m): 12:55am On May 01, 2010
Guys, Guys, cool temper!! Any interested party can log onto Nokia's ovi.com and download Nigeria Map onto any GPS enabled handset. The download includes maps for almost all African countries. Just be sure to download the latest map version too. I have been using this on my Nokia 5800 and has found it very useful. I do a lot of traveling. Almost forgot: Nokia navigation service supports voice guided (with street names) walk and drive navigation and, according to Nokia, is FREE FOR LIFE!
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:15pm On May 01, 2010
kaloka,
that's a good one. will check it out, thanks.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by zenus(m): 2:10pm On May 02, 2010
Testimony

Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:04pm On May 03, 2010
@labiyemmy,
i was wondering if your company has a mapping cd for pioneer brand of sat nav?
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 4:09pm On May 03, 2010
Hello George

We only have for the Kenwood brand for now - we are working on the other brands- will let you know once completed./
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by kaloka(m): 6:57pm On May 03, 2010
@George, checked out ovi maps yet?
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:02am On May 04, 2010
kaloka,
not yet. i was looking for a mapping system that will work with my car's pioneer branded sat nav system. i'm not sure that ovi maps will do the trick. or can it?
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by automarket: 10:42am On May 04, 2010
Buy Garmin Nuvi 200w Satellite Navigation from Just Automobile and Merchanting for just N70,000.00 only with 36 states map of Nigeria

Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by GeorgeD1(m): 11:15am On May 04, 2010
automarket,
is this garmin nuvi 200w compatible with pioneer branded auto sat nav systems?
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by zenus(m): 6:39pm On May 04, 2010
@george. did your car comes with inbuilt navigating system?
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by kaloka(m): 12:52am On May 05, 2010
Hello George, not sure ovi maps will work. It's only for GPS enabled nokia cell phones. Sorry I couldn't be of much help. Good luck on your quest.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by GeorgeD1(m): 8:49am On May 05, 2010
@zenus,
the car stereo is a combo gps/dvd player with bluetooth capabilities. the brand is pioneer.

@kaloka,
no sweat man. thanks all the same.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by zenus(m): 10:18am On May 05, 2010
George_D:

@zenus,
the car stereo is a combo gps/dvd player with bluetooth capabilities. the brand is pioneer.

@kaloka,
no sweat man. thanks all the same.

hav u try install Garmin map on it? cos a friend of mine who bought a combo gps/dvd player touch screen is using it with Garmin map successfully
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:33am On May 05, 2010
zenus,
what i will need is a dvd-rom of naija city maps compatible with the pioneer branded sat nav system.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by zenus(m): 10:59am On May 05, 2010
George_D:

zenus,
what i will need is a dvd-rom of naija city maps compatible with the pioneer branded sat nav system.

My advisis that, if ur gps has a memory card, try loading germin map on it. It's has a good Nigeria Road Network. am using that germin map on my phone and is very good
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by GeorgeD1(m): 11:54am On May 05, 2010
zenus,
that's a good idea worth trying out. i could load it up through the usb port.

can you send a copy to me and let me see it if works?
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by zenus(m): 3:56pm On May 05, 2010
ll give u link to de map.
but did ur gps navigator has a memory card slot?
u need to know the product number, i mean ur navigaor serial no.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:45am On May 06, 2010
zenus,
it has a memory slot.
for the product number, i will need to check that one.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by zenus(m): 5:28pm On May 06, 2010
The product key is more important. I beleive it will work. Just get the key and try your luck
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by GeorgeD1(m): 5:06pm On May 08, 2010
zenus,
ok. thanks so much.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 6:36pm On May 08, 2010
George

Dont waste your time on that, it will never work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties / 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid / Black Smoke From Exhaust.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.