Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? (18694 Views)

Photo: Which Would Be Your Pick For Use On Nigerian Roads? / The Most Common Car On Nigerian Roads? / The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by zenus(m): 7:07pm On May 08, 2010
I den't think so marketer
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:02pm On May 13, 2010
labiyemmy,
i'm still waiting to hear from you on how your system can bail me out on this.

zenus,
thanks once again. pls send me a link to the ovi maps.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 5:06pm On May 13, 2010
George.

I have said it again and again - mine doesnt work on the pioneer- but if you want to be sure, you can bring your car to our premises for our engineers to try it out.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:52pm On May 13, 2010
labiyemmy,
your not being helpful here. my question is: which of your products will i need to install in my car-even if i have to buy your own branded car sat nav system?
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 8:31pm On May 13, 2010
none of our products presently work with fixed in car systems - thats my point George.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by GeorgeD1(m): 8:45am On May 14, 2010
labiyemmy,
that means you cannot help me with this one, so maybe i should be talking to zenus who seems like his
suggestions could be useful.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by zenus(m): 10:42am On May 14, 2010
George_D:

labiyemmy,
i'm still waiting to hear from you on how your system can bail me out on this.

zenus,

OVi map is only compatible to some nokia phones with A-GPS,
if u hav any of the nokia phone that support A-GPS u can get Garmin and Ovi map and use for navigating
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by zenus(m): 10:44am On May 14, 2010
Garmin

Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by zenus(m): 10:47am On May 14, 2010
Ovi

Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by zenus(m): 10:52am On May 14, 2010
George_D:

zenus,

What's de phone u want to use wit ovi.
is of two version, 3.01 and 3.03

I can also help you in getting the garmin map too

Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by GeorgeD1(m): 11:34am On May 14, 2010
zenus,
which nokia phone version do you think is the best?
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 12:38pm On May 14, 2010
George,

Were u asking for maps for a phone or for your fixed in car nav systems? For all options you have- visit http://www.ceaser-web.com

I am not asking you to go with whoever you want to go with.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by GeorgeD1(m): 1:39pm On May 14, 2010
labiyemmy,
i was asking for fixed in-car systems. since you were not forthcoming i was rethinking zenus' solutions with nokia phones.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 3:59pm On May 14, 2010
Simple solution I offered you - buy a Garmin device with over 200 cities and over 30,000 pois.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by zenus(m): 4:04pm On May 14, 2010
the map work very well with these product.
it make use of ovi map 3.03 and you can still get garmin map on it

* Nokia N97
* Nokia N97 mini
* Nokia 6710 Navigator
* Nokia X6
* Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
* Nokia 5230
* Nokia E52
* Nokia E72
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by zenus(m): 4:07pm On May 14, 2010
they are other product likee

N78, e66, e71, n95, 96, n82.

I'm on E52
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by zenus(m): 4:09pm On May 14, 2010
http://maps.nokia.com/ovi-services-and-apps/ovi-maps.

if u need help with the Garmin stuff let me know.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:45pm On May 14, 2010
zenus,
thanks so much. i will be aiming at one of the higher end nokias-probably from e72 up.

labiyemmy,
from all indications your garmin products don't have anything for me.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 4:49pm On May 14, 2010
Thank u. It has lots for many others.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by zenus(m): 5:01pm On May 14, 2010
George_D:

zenus,
thanks so much. i will be aiming at one of the higher end nokias-probably from e72 up.

labiyemmy,
from all indications your garmin products don't have anything for me.

get any of these

zenus:

the map work very well with these product.
it make use of ovi map 3.03 and you can still get garmin map on it

* Nokia N97
* Nokia N97 mini
* Nokia 6710 Navigator
* Nokia X6
* Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
* Nokia 5230
* Nokia E52
* Nokia E72

Then contact me for info on how to install Garmin product on it
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 5:37pm On May 14, 2010
For people who live in Warri.

Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:18pm On May 14, 2010
labiyemmy,
looks like your street level maps are ok but this your lack of in-car systems is a downside.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 12:01pm On May 16, 2010
These are not hacked maps - they are complete 2010 upgraded maps for Garmin GPS, Nokia phones and phones with windows mobile operating systems- these phones must have a built in GPS.

If you have bought the GPS device with our maps or loaded the maps on your phones or devices within the past one year- please come in for an upgrade- these are vintage 2010 maps with all newly constructed roads, round abouts, flyovers and bridges in Abuja and most cities.

If your car has a fixed in car system that is Kenwood- also, bring it in, we might just have the maps for you for your fixed system.

The present maps has over 230 street maps and over 30000 points of interests - never buy if the city maps are less than 20.

Call 0805 579 4269 for more details or email - info@3dtechnologies.org.

NAVIGATE AND GO ANYWHERE WITH EASE- ALL THE WAY TO ACCRA GHANA- NOW, THAT IS SOMETHING YOU WONT FIND ON ANY OTHER MAPS- REPUBLIC OF BENIN, TOGO AND GHANA ROADS- WILL BLOW YOUR MIND.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:21pm On May 16, 2010
labiyemmy,
you guys can do better than this. why not be a little more proactive and make your maps compatible with other brands like pioneer, eclipse, sony etc? dedicate one department to take care of in-car systems. surely you'll make more sales and i assure you your offices will be bursting with customers everyday! just a thought.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by YemiAlabi: 3:50pm On May 16, 2010
@George

We are working on other systems, we have only released the Kenwood version, others will follow.

Please note the last post- ignore it, it is from an imbe cile, a cow in human skin and a human embodiment of a deranged animal, we know him. He is on his way to his grave due to jealousy. If he replies, be sure he is an im becile, if he doesnt reply, be sure he is a coward.

@labiyemmy - if you are sure of your worth - call me- and face me instead of hiding behind your screen - God kill your papa., You are simply jealous of our achievement, a common drop out like you. Jealous of my First Class degree in Engineering, jealous of my God given achievements which you and your generation can only dream about- juealous of the fact that if they put you on sale, I will be the first to buy you and your entire household- Idiot.

Reply and confirm your silly gumtionless and moronic brain and if you stop replying, then you are a coward.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 3:51pm On May 16, 2010
Coward @YemiAlabi
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by YemiAlabi: 4:10pm On May 16, 2010
U r modifying your posts to match mine? You are truly a coward and an slowpoke.
The best answer for you is silence. Continue to promote my goods, I dot mind. But dont impersonate me. OK!
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 4:22pm On May 16, 2010
why did you go offline?

Idiot! Look at the kind of English you speak and you say I impersonate you? come back online.

George - Ignore the guy with the YemiAlabi signage - he is a m oron.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:38pm On May 16, 2010
labiyemmy,
i don't really understand what's going on here but seems to me both of you have an axe to grind. whatever it is you guys are fighting over, just try and keep it civil ok?

a little cool temper will do all of us some good. just a thought.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 4:44pm On May 16, 2010
@George

Did you check his username? He created an account out of his jealousy and named himself YemiAlabi- and posts rubbish all over Nairaland trying to discredit me.

I suspect he is a moderator, or at best "the person we all know", because he signed in with my username and posted, that can only be done if he is a moderator or the owner. How can he log in with my correct id to post in my real name?

It just shows that Nairaland is loosing a lot of credibility, or how do you explain that he can log in with my ID unless he knows my password?
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by GeorgeD1(m): 5:00pm On May 16, 2010
labiyemmy,
maybe he hacked into your account. have you considered changing your password?
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 5:19pm On May 16, 2010
I have reported all to Seun - lets hear from him before I know the next steps to take- seriously.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Free Driving Lessons For 20 People / 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties / Black Smoke From Exhaust.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.