Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,590 members, 7,816,454 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? (18695 Views)

Photo: Which Would Be Your Pick For Use On Nigerian Roads? / The Most Common Car On Nigerian Roads? / The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by nairaner(m): 2:09am On Jan 07, 2010
@labiyemmi

Boss! , pls pls psl abeg WHY DID U SKIP LASTPAGE'S COMMENT REPLY?? pls i no get your power o, just face lastpage who seems to have put u up in check cheesy and now u wana divert to me.

if only you had not resorted to wayward, boastful marketing but taken time to read expressed concerns about the bad roads, then you would understand why i tipped that in.

Please revert to lastpage. Na hin get your power word for word.

Oya revert grin grin grin
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 2:16am On Jan 07, 2010
Thank You @Singular

I get your point!. Some words are not worth replying to, example ^^^

The statement below is the first reaction i made to the guy who went off line- pls people- show me where i have said anything bad to him!

Free on the internet? you mean the hacked maps? Hackers are thieves, dont you know? and the ones you were able to hack and load on your phone are the old maps from the South Africans with less than ten Nigerian cities on it - compare it to ours which has 230 city maps? You cant beat that. And as we speak, we are in negotiations with over five international companies willing us to license our maps to them for their systems - why will you claim to have a country wide navigation system that only has less than ten cities nationwide on it?

What bad have i said? and he goes to call me a bloody extortionist, hustler and all manner of names?
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by lastpage: 3:17am On Jan 07, 2010
Free on the internet? you mean the hacked maps? Hackers are thieves, dont you know? and the ones you were able to hack and load on your phone are the old maps from the South Africans with less than ten Nigerian cities on it - compare it to ours which has 230 city maps? You cant beat that.

While would anyone want to shoot himself in the foot?
If the highlighted portions of that statement are not incendiary and inflamatory, not to mention being libelious then my grandma would captain the Super Eagles in South Africa, come this June! shocked
You call someone 'a hacker', then said 'hackers are thieves', have you not called the person a thief?

Anyway, its nothing personal between you and me afterall we dont actually know each other!
I will let it pass at this stage, PLEASE HAVE THE FLOOR TO YOURSELF.

@naira-ner,
to labiyemmy: Boss! ,  pls pls psl abeg WHY DID U SKIP LASTPAGE'S COMMENT REPLY?? pls i no get your power o, just face lastpage who seems to have put u up in check Cheesy and now u wana divert to me.

if only you had not resorted to wayward, boastful marketing but taken time to read expressed concerns about the bad roads, then you would understand why i tipped that in.

Please revert to lastpage. Na hin get your power word for word.

shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed wink
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by femionasan(m): 10:45am On Jan 07, 2010
@lastpage, i dont see anywhere in his statement where he calls you a hacker. Hackers put those maps up on the internet which you have downloaded on your mobile. These maps were done by someone else through hardwork and exchange of money. A lot of money was invested in making these things work. Why does Nokia charge to use their maps after the first year free trial? C'mon man be realistic. How would you feel if you write a book and sell only ten copies of the book and u see that thousands of people have the same book? After all you have gone through to write the book. Are u saying it is then you will be running after the copyight commission to run to ur aid? If you feel his price is on the high side say so you dont have to call him an extortionist and all that. I think you started this after reading through the posts.

@Yemmy,

Yeah it was Eno.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by zenus(m): 11:24am On Jan 07, 2010
@Geaorge D:

Go to google search for 'Garmin Nigeria Streetmaps, TOPO and REC V2'
you need to unlock the map in order to view it in details once you thru connect your device to ur computer and copy the map to ur device. U need to know your device ID inorder for your device to work with the map, but that's not a problem

GOOD JOB @lastpage
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by zenus(m): 11:25am On Jan 07, 2010
We are here to learn not for Sell
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by kpolli(m): 11:59am On Jan 07, 2010
can they show u the way thru coro areas?
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by kpolli(m): 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2010
can they show u the way thru coro areas?
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by nairaner(m): 1:33pm On Jan 07, 2010
I am now wondering the authenticity of this man's claims. Its all bark bark and more bark without action and nothing to show to back it up other than maps(only God Knows if they are really this man's), the same sort of maps the "hackers" are showing. So who really is telling the truth or claiming. Worst of all, he seems to be painting himself as the [b]omnipotent [/b]source of Maps for the Nigerian market which is absolutely impossible.

Why does this man seem to hate competition (by hook or cook) and resort to fighting everybody who is not patronizing him? Its an open market, do your bit (not by raining abuses, not professional by the way)and allow ppl to decide who they patronize.

The attitude exhibited here speaks volumes on what unsatisfied customers may receive should they express their negative concerns. With this attitude, I foresee you rudely speaking or raining abuses on exisiting customers who for whatever little reason may choose to pass feedback on their dissatisfaction (if any) with your product.

Lastpage as a show of regard to contributors in this thread did the honourable and dignifying thing apologizing to you on his car road tax stinker. The right thing to have done was to have swallowed the pride and revert same gesture considering the fact u claim u didnt mean to abuse.

Aspiring customers, pls take note,

REFERENCE: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-286116.256.html
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by Tamba: 2:02pm On Jan 07, 2010
Anabel Mobile Offers free GPS Navi on Mobile Phones with voice guidance for Nigeria.

see link below

http://www.thisdayonline.net/?p=5748
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 2:28pm On Jan 07, 2010
Thanks @Femionasan

I knew you were talking about Eno just as I read your post.

To All:

We are giving more devices out than never before - buy one get one free- remember-

http://www.ceaser-web.com

info@3dtechnologies.org

Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by namdo(m): 3:15pm On Jan 07, 2010
these marketers grin grin, how much una don pay Seun? cool lipsrsealed
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by fadahunda: 4:46pm On Jan 07, 2010
@labiyemmy:

Keep calling - the lines are open 24/7

08055794269 - http://www.ceaser-web.com

Or email - info@3dtechnologies.org

Noone needs anyone's apologies- keep them where they belong to.

If our business model needs be studied, walk into one of our two corporate offices - Third Dimension Technologies, 46, Allen Avenue, Ikeja or in Abuja, Suite B20, Melita Plaza - By Gimbiya Street, Area 11, Abuja or if you are in London - call us, we are open to talk to.

Anyone interested in knowing how to build these maps from the ground are also welcome- our offices are open to all.

Remember - the device plus the maps costs 50k, if you already have the device, its only 20k to load the maps - with 230 city maps and over 30000 POIs. Come in for a trial anytime. If your car has a KENWOOD system, bring it in, we will give you the maps on DVD. If you download the hacked online version - try and compare it to ours and you will be glad you did.

Garmin sells their devices, TOMTOM sells their devices with their maps, and these maps are also free to download on the internet because people have hacked them and make them available for free - does that stop TOMTOM and GARMIN from still legitimately selling their products and making money from it? No- or because people hack into Microsoft softwares, then Microsoft has no need to sell what they have made?

This is the question? Do we legitimately have the right to sell what we have laboured to make or do we not have the right because a few people have hacked our competitor's maps and put it online for free?

Pride usually comes before a fall
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2010
fadahunda:

The most un necessary thing to say - waiting for our fall? You will be gone if you wait for that because you are not God and it wont happen, sorry to dis appoint you. You dont have to create another username to make that statement.

Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by lastpage: 5:49pm On Jan 07, 2010
@femionasan
I dont want to pick issues with you on these matter.
Despite the fact that l quoted labiyemmy VERBATIM, in my last post (up there) where he said "the ones YOU hacked" "Hackers are thieves".

One does not need to have gone through "pry six English exams" (pass or fail grin) to be able to decipher what that phrase meant - "by inference"?
Since it appears both of you are "paddy-paddy" l can understand you wanting to take sides but at least, be a man and dont try to justify by pretending you cant read! shocked shocked shocked!
No need to cry more than the bereaved now, abi na wetin sef? grin grin

The good thing is that readers now have "options" and even one company (Anabel Mobile) is offering FREE GPS NAVIGATION ON MOBILE PHONES!
Even labiyemmy is now doing "promo"! Buy one get one free!! grin cool cool
Seems something good has come out of these "rants" afterall! wink

As far as l am concerned, the matter is closed since yesterday, l did extend courtesy to labiyemmy by offering a gentleman's apology (which he rebuffed) and l still wished him well in his business. I have no bile with him. If l ever meet him as we speak now, l will shake his hand.

We defer on principle only, nothing personal.
I wish everyone the best in all their endeavors. smiley
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by SisiKill1: 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2010
You ARE indeed a gentleman, jare and a bigger person than a lot of us here. More grease to your elbows.

Love how all of a sudden members of the supporters club forget all they learnt in English class or am i being presumptious thinking they were ever in one? Hmmm, now that would explain a lot. . .a whole lot.

Asta la vista thread!
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by lastpage: 10:41pm On Jan 07, 2010
@sisi_Kill

I am flattered and humbled, by your submission

As long as the general public benefits, l am no consequence in the permutation of events.

Despite our bad roads, knowing where you are going without putting your fate in the hands of sone dubious "Okada man" or stranger, is as important as driving on the smooth German Autobahn.

Even Okada people can also rig the thing to their Bikes! grin grin grin Who wants to get lost?

I appeal to everyone to get this thing on their phone or their in-car navigation device.

Encore.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by fadahunda: 4:25am On Jan 08, 2010
@labiyemmy:

The most un necessary thing to say - waiting for our fall? You will be gone if you wait for that because you are not God and it wont happen, sorry to dis appoint you. You dont have to create another username to make that statement.

I'll rest my case. Empty barrels make the loudest noise.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by GeorgeD1(m): 1:38pm On Jan 08, 2010
@lastpage,
@Sisi_Kill,
@labiyemmy,
@all,

could we just tone down on the rhetorics and get back to the topic pls? up until now i was picking up some useful information about the usefulness of gps navigation in nigeria before we started attacking one another.
surely there are better ways to make a point than tearing other people apart? angry
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 3:53pm On Jan 08, 2010
fadahunda:

Abegi - make person hear word- even if all three dey fall, even pepper tree say im too wan fall? Who put your mouth? You never see empty barrel, it has your name written all over it. Do you know the meaning of schmuck? or f uck face?

People with First Class certificates in first degree and Distinctions in Masters are talking you wey no even go school dey talk about one barrel making empty noise- whats your name? Do you have an address? My name is Alabi Yemmy or Alabi Opeyemi - you think your words can move me? What is your name? who knows you? wetin you don acheive for life? Nonsence.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by texazzpete(m): 5:08pm On Jan 08, 2010
@lastpage
You may claim the maps are freely available on the internet, but you KNOW that they are hacked/cracked maps. Whether or not you agree with the 'hacker' tag, it does your cause no good that you're actively pointing people to the pirated content.
What you're doing is almost like going on Apple's forums and posting links to cracked copies of Snow Leopard.

The fact is, unless you can prove that these maps are legally offered for FREE anywhere online, it's clearly a hacked/pirated software you're running. That by itself isn't that bad. But here, even when you see someone who obviously has a strong claim to creating a version of the maps you're using illegally, you're actively working against his enterprise.
And that's just lame, any way you want to spin it.

If your hangup is confirming Alabiyemmy's claims, i can at least vouch for that. This guy has been actively marketing his GPS solutions since 2006. in fact there are posts on Nairaland dating way back to 2005. I've seen his progress from java based maps running on dumbphones to running maps on GPS equipped modern day smartphones. I've been to his office several times.

I have no idea what yourself and fadahunda are up to here, but one thing is certain. You do not have the moral high ground.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by texazzpete(m): 5:15pm On Jan 08, 2010
Tamba:

Anabel Mobile Offers free GPS Navi on Mobile Phones with voice guidance for Nigeria.

see link below

http://www.thisdayonline.net/?p=5748

From the link, Anabel Mobile runs Windows Mobile 6.1. The GPS application they're offering is very likely to be the same Garmin based solution we're discussing here.

Whatever they use, they are certain to use legally licensed maps. And they'll pass on that same cost to the consumer, you can be sure of that!
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by bayusch246(m): 5:52pm On Jan 08, 2010
Labiyemmy! Labiyemmy!! Labiyemmy!!! How many times did I call you?
You seem to be upset and have the most annoying ego. embarassed
If we may know, what schools did you attend, what degrees did you come out with? You strike me as a very unfulfilled man.
With your claims and "all your achievements" undecided, I expect you to be more gentlemanly.
Whoever spoke about customer service is right. A dissatisfied customer might end up getting a slap in your office, grin
I see you have been dragged into frustration so much so that you will go as low as calling names and even mentioning the "f" word. You have just displayed your weakness. Even if lastpage will call you all sorts, you shoulda remained focus.
At first, I liked your input on the issue but you have just soiled your name and perhaps that of your company.
Please read the book of proverbs it will come in very handy.
Just a piece to make you a better man,
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by bayusch246(m): 5:54pm On Jan 08, 2010
and yeah, you forced me to sign up,
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by fadahunda: 8:20pm On Jan 08, 2010
@labiyemmy:

Abegi - make person hear word- even if all three dey fall, even pepper tree say im too wan fall? Who put your mouth? You never see empty barrel, it has your name written all over it. Do you know the meaning of schmuck? or f uck face?

People with First Class certificates in first degree and Distinctions in Masters are talking you wey no even go school dey talk about one barrel making empty noise- whats your name? Do you have an address? My name is Alabi Yemmy or Alabi Opeyemi - you think your words can move me? What is your name? who knows you? wetin you don acheive for life? Nonsence.

What a good job you have done in diverting the audience of those wanting to know about the development of the navigation system in Nigeria. As for my addy, LOL very funny. Even if I give it to you, I'll dare you to talk around me. Incase you didn't know, this is one of the many sources we get info of our country from around the world. Once more I'll rest my case.

texazzpete:

@lastpage
You may claim the maps are freely available on the internet, but you KNOW that they are hacked/cracked maps. Whether or not you agree with the 'hacker' tag, it does your cause no good that you're actively pointing people to the pirated content.
What you're doing is almost like going on Apple's forums and posting links to cracked copies of Snow Leopard.

The fact is, unless you can prove that these maps are legally offered for FREE anywhere online, it's clearly a hacked/pirated software you're running. That by itself isn't that bad. But here, even when you see someone who obviously has a strong claim to creating a version of the maps you're using illegally, you're actively working against his enterprise.
And that's just lame, any way you want to spin it.

If your hangup is confirming Alabiyemmy's claims, i can at least vouch for that. This guy has been actively marketing his GPS solutions since 2006. in fact there are posts on Nairaland dating way back to 2005. I've seen his progress from java based maps running on dumbphones to running maps on GPS equipped modern day smartphones. I've been to his office several times.

I have no idea what yourself and fadahunda are up to here, but one thing is certain. You do not have the moral high ground.

@texazzpete: Honestly I learnt a lot from the above said guy, but ARROGANCE, come on who does he think he is. Just a crash course on ARROGANCE.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2010
guys, can we just sheath our swords and move forward? this bickering isn't doing any good
to the topic at hand sad
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by bayusch246(m): 11:54pm On Jan 08, 2010
Sorry George,
I just have to write this.
I took time to look at your website Labiyemmy and it represents your personality as portrayed thru this topic - empty barrel,
You coulda got someone from Otigba to help you. I guess you couldn't afford to get a decent web site for your thriving bizness.
So much for all your degrees and distinctions. Your web page sucks. As a matter of fact, it hurts my eyes.
Sorry jare George
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by tanimz(f): 4:05am On Jan 09, 2010
@ Last page, can you search Emmy Noberton Secondary School on East West road, Port Harcourt?
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by lastpage: 12:58pm On Jan 09, 2010
tanimz,
I would do the search and get back to you.
But may l ask, you could do this yourself since you're obviously connected to the internet? I am willing to assist in working through it with you, just in case you need help. We will do it privately so that no one will accuse me of offering their business secrets for free, at least in our "limited" Naija sense! grin
Cheers.
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by lastpage: 1:05pm On Jan 09, 2010
I have decided to maintain a "dignified silence" on this issue (thats why l said encore, in my post) and as a show of respect to other posters like George_D, who has sued for peace on more than a few occasions.

Whether the other party and his "Otimkpu's" like 'that one' who was not bold enough to come out and abuse me face-to-face, will let the matter rest, is another scenario.

Like someone said, "I rest my own case too"  shocked
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by Choco5: 1:52pm On Jan 09, 2010
lastpage:

I have decided to maintain a "dignified silence" on this issue (thats why l said encore, in my post) and as a show of respect to other posters like George_D, who has sued for peace on more than a few occasions.

Whether the other party and his "Otimkpu's" like 'that one' who was not bold enough to come out and abuse me face-to-face, will let the matter rest, is another scenario.

Like someone said, "I rest my own case too"  shocked

Why are you still replying if your talking about dignified silence??
Why not stop all this??
Re: How Useful AreCar Navigation Systems On Nigerian Roads? by labiyemmy(m): 3:40pm On Jan 09, 2010
bayusch246:

Sorry George,
I just have to write this.
I took time to look at your website Labiyemmy and it represents your personality as portrayed thru this topic - empty barrel, 
You coulda got someone from Otigba to help you. I guess you couldn't afford to get a decent web site for your thriving bizness.
So much for all your degrees and distinctions. Your web page sucks. As a matter of fact, it hurts my eyes.
Sorry jare George

and your point is? you are still making the loudest empty noise. Please let better people talk in here.

@Fadahunda

Three statements you have ever made on this thread.

The first, you said:

The second, you said:

and the third - you said:

@texazzpete: Honestly I learnt a lot from the above said guy, but ARROGANCE, come on who does he think he is. Just a crash course on ARROGANCE.

Next time, when someone you dont know jack about, comes to you and say the first statement to you, smile at him and shake his hand, and when he says the second, give him 1 million naira, and by the time he says the third, give him your wife to sleep with as a means of thanking him for all he has said to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties / Black Smoke From Exhaust. / 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.