Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua (8571 Views)

Poll: WHich politician would you prefer as a presidential candidate?

Buhari: 53% (42 votes)
Yar'adua: 46% (36 votes)
This poll has ended

Buhari Extends Loot Recovery To Yar'adua, Obasanjo Era / President Jonathan Pays Homage To Yar'adua / Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by manakins: 8:08pm On Feb 01, 2007
Belloti i strongly disagree with u on the above.
I strongly believe in a generational shift,non ex- army politician and also
someone that has governed in a democratic setting.
Thats why  YARADUA his better than a BUHARI.
I strongly see buhari as autocratic that would surely have problems with the legislatures, thereby
firstly having to contend with them.Also what are buhari's MANIFESTO.
I look at him that though not corrupt what about people surrounding him?
Take a look at PTF, hABA ONE SINGLE CONSULTANT.
Yaradua has governed a state for 8 years ,democratic, young and dynamic,no histroy of autocracy
SURELY THE MAN TO BEAT smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by mrpataki(m): 8:28pm On Feb 01, 2007
@ belloti,
At first, your man was Yerima of Zamfara, now it is Buhari embarassed embarassed embarassed

Such a shame cry cry cry
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by debosky(m): 9:06pm On Feb 01, 2007
All that Buhari seems to have going for him is this so called 'discipline' and 'iron hand' crap. What else do you expect from a military officer?
thats all he knows and thats all he can offer. In fact I wager that If he was allowed to stay on, he would've turned out as bad, if not worse than the other
military leaders. They all start out with 'good' intent, promising everything, before they fall into their bad habits and further ruin the country.
talking about 'fighting corruption', wasn't it this same Buhari that allowed an Emir to leave the country with suitcases of hard currency as opposed
to his public 'for show' anti-corruption stance? Just because he locked a few people in jail (without trial, no respect for the judiciary)
you want to call him 'disciplined"?? Even in PTF, all the projects had one consultant Afri-Projects - A company that never existed before and set up
to siphon money. Even in the so called PTF were the projects spread evenly? obviously not since the northerners (whom it was set up for and benefitting)
cried to the high heavens when Obj shut off that tap pf siphoning money. and to those claiming Buhari has no religious biases, this man claimed that Moslems should vote for only moslems in Nigerian elections, slip of tongue?

I doubt it, its a matter of time before his true colors start to show.

Yar'Adua is no angel, but he's learned (from his father, brother and 8 years in democracy) how to relate with people properly and not force things

down their throats, wearing white Babariga from now till 2010 will not change my mind. Enough of this crap of 'dealing' with corrupt leaders

If thats all we needed, then Obj should have been a flaming success. Lets give the civillian democrats a chance,
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by Jakumo(m): 5:59am On Feb 02, 2007
Debosky your grasp of Buhari's background is more detailed than any other contributor to this discussion do far.  That scowling beast never got the chance to show the true magnitude of his capacity for evil, and as such the praise singers busy themselves chanting for his return, blissful in their ignorance of the ruin he would visit on the land if given a full term in which to go about doing so.   

It is certain that agents of the USA will swiftly neutralize Buhari should it ever become obvious that he stands any more than a snowball's chance in hell of stealing his way back into power.   No jihadist will EVER rule Nigeria in today's polarized geopolitical climate, and you can take that to the bank.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by belloti(m): 9:55am On Feb 02, 2007
mrpataki, its nice to know that you approve my unprincipled stand. I have always being with Yarima and now Yarima is strongly backing Buhari. So we are in it together.

You can call Buhari all sort of names but the bottomline is you want yaradua just because you see him as OBJ stooge and by implication a continuation of the agenda. We are the people that knows yaradua very well and we are giving you a hint of his incompetence but all you are saying yes we know buhari is not corrupt but we still dont like him for reasons best known to us. Its all foolish sentiments that wont take you anywhere.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by donnymikky(m): 11:22am On Feb 02, 2007
Ishmael --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nigerians in trying to discredit Gen. Buhari have nothing to use against him but "islamic fanatism"; haba, na wa oo!! During his reign as head of state was there any issue of islamic fundamentalism in nigeria? Was there any issue of sharia in nigeria? did muslims in the northern part of nigeria attack and kill christians, or burnt down any church?? So why are we so quick in passing judgement and giving names to Gen Buhari simply because he made one fatal mistake of saying something that had to do with religion which many nigerians did not like. But that does not make him a hater of christianity and christians. What about Gov Umar yar'adua?? Should he be called an islamic fundamentalist and fanatic?? because he introduced Shariah in his State which is being used to suppress and oppress non-muslims. OBJ once said "CAN Chairman my foot"; does that make him a hater of christianity and christians?? Gen Buhari is what Nigeria and Nigerians need now, except if we have not learnt any lessons from what this evil cult of a political party PDP and its members have done to nigeria and nigerians. No thanx to them at all.

you raised some questions which i think I should answer.

1. Q=During his reign as head of state was there any issue of islamic fundamentalism in nigeria?
A.= Yes there was and a very terible one for that matter. Buhari's millitary regim sought to register Nigeria as a member of an association whose members are Islamic Nations. Any country enlisted as a member is seen and addressed as a Muslim Nation.

2. Q= Was there any issue of sharia in nigeria?
A.= If Nigeria was successfully registered as a member of that association the adoption of Sharia would have been automatic.

3, Q=did muslims in the northern part of nigeria attack and kill christians, or burnt down any church??
A.= Yes there was one, The Kano riot!!

4.Q=What about Gov Umar yar'adua?? Should he be called an islamic fundamentalist and fanatic?? because he introduced Shariah in his State which is being used to suppress and oppress non-muslims.??

A.= Yes Sharia was introduced  but there has been no case of extreemism as far as Katstina State is concerned. Stop telling lies there is no case of non-muslims being suppressed and oppressed.

I hope your questions are satisfactorily answered?? Meanwhile Buhari is never the man we need. Not a retired general with  expired ideas; not a man who lacks democratic antecedent; not a Jihadist whose vission and anticipation is to favour Muslims over non-muslims; not a man who truncated the Second Republic thereby subjecting Nigerians to compulsorily go through agonies IBB and ABACHA inflicted on us. Surely, Buhari Presidency is nothing but a MIRAGE.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by Afam(m): 11:42am On Feb 02, 2007
belloti:

You can call Buhari all sort of names but the bottomline is you want yaradua just because you see him as OBJ stooge and by implication a continuation of the agenda. We are the people that knows yaradua very well and we are giving you a hint of his incompetence but all you are saying yes we know buhari is not corrupt but we still don't like him for reasons best known to us. Its all foolish sentiments that wont take you anywhere.

Well, if you know Yar'adua very well why don't you share with Nigerians his incompetences so that we too will know.

So far, all the negative comments I have been hearing about him is that he was picked by OBJ and that he is not as healthy as a professional boxer.

I believe that we are our own worst enemy.

Buhari backdated a decree to execute 3 Nigerians, truncated a democratically elected government and yet he wants to get involved in something he does not believe in.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by donnymikky(m): 11:55am On Feb 02, 2007
Well, if you know Yar'adua very well why don't you share with Nigerians his incompetences so that we too will know.

A million pound question! All anti-Yar'aduas should post answers for us to be enlightened!!
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by belloti(m): 1:10pm On Feb 02, 2007
Can you now answer my question?.

Was Yaradua democratically selected as PDP candidate?

Has Yaradua made any meaningful speech since he was enthroned by OBJ?

Is Yaradua Medically fit to withstand the rigour of presidential politics? Do you know he goes for Dialysis weekly?

Yaradua is a civilian, hausaman and a sunni muslim like me, why do you think i can have anything against him?

How can you take OBJ factor out of Yaradua?

Kindly give me some answers.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by ishmael(m): 1:13pm On Feb 02, 2007
donnymikky:

you raised some questions which i think I should answer.

1. Q=During his reign as head of state was there any issue of islamic fundamentalism in nigeria?
A.= Yes there was and a very terible one for that matter. Buhari's millitary regim sought to register Nigeria as a member of an association whose members are Islamic Nations. Any country enlisted as a member is seen and addressed as a Muslim Nation.

Nigerians with their inconsistency life style; i thought you guys were accusing IBB of trying to make Nigeria a member of OIC before?? So it is Buhari now ,abi?? please get more facts.

donnymikky:

2. Q= Was there any issue of sharia in nigeria?
A.= If Nigeria was successfully registered as a member of that association the adoption of Sharia would have been automatic.

Answer to question 1 answers this question too.

donnymikky:

3, Q=did muslims in the northern part of nigeria attack and kill christians, or burnt down any church??
A.= Yes there was one, The Kano riot!!

Kano riot of what year?? During Buhari/Idiagbon regime?? Please tell us the exact year, The Kano riot i know of was maitatsine kano riot during shagari's regime and kano riots of 1991 during IBB's regime and the kano riots of 2001 during OBJ's regime.

donnymikky:

4.Q=What about Gov Umar yar'adua?? Should he be called an islamic fundamentalist and fanatic?? because he introduced Shariah in his State which is being used to suppress and oppress non-muslims.??

A.= Yes Sharia was introduced  but there has been no case of extreemism as far as Katstina State is concerned. Stop telling lies there is no case of non-muslims being suppressed and oppressed.

You are the one telling lies. I live in kaduna and have been to katsina before, i know exactly how non-muslims in katsina feel being made to live their lives in accordance with a religion and laws that are different from their own. In Lagos and other southern cities women enter the same buses with their husbands but in katsina they have seperate buses for men and women, which implies that husband and wife have to take different commercial buses. is that not oppression??

donnymikky:

I hope your questions are satisfactorily answered?? Meanwhile Buhari is never the man we need. Not a retired general with  expired ideas; not a man who lacks democratic antecedent; not a Jihadist whose vission and anticipation is to favour Muslims over non-muslims; not a man who truncated the Second Republic thereby subjecting Nigerians to compulsorily go through agonies IBB and ABACHA inflicted on us. Surely, Buhari Presidency is nothing but a MIRAGE.

Yar'adua is more Jihadist than Buhari.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 02, 2007
Yar' Adua is merely a political tool of the Obasanjo dicatocracy! Buhari is a religious extremist who equates democracy to the wearing of white babanrigas!
Atiku is a desperate criminal who will not hesitate to sell his country for personal gain!

Whither Nigeria?
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by jydagirl(f): 5:11pm On Feb 02, 2007
buhari,Yar'Adua,obasanjo,atiku,babaginda, they are all the same, brothers.Not one is better than the other.They meet behind closed doors to plan how to make our lives miserable.Beware!!!
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by belloti(m): 5:27pm On Feb 02, 2007
We are right now between the devil and the deep blue sea. Its either Buhari or one of them. I wish we could present someone better than buhari if the system allows it.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by Miketomi: 5:33pm On Feb 02, 2007
Though I will prefer Yaradua for reasons of the need to break free from the old brigade. We need change in generation. Besides Buhari truncated democracy an act which accounts for loss of at least 20years in our history. If he had not ousted Shagari  we would have made all the mistakes we are making now and learnt from them. There is no where else in the world where a Buhari who never believed in democracy will hope to rise to power through the ballot.

Great words.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by jydagirl(f): 5:49pm On Feb 02, 2007
JOSHO,
Hey,if i were u,i would feel no contempt for atiku.The pple i'd feel contempt for are all the people backing him up.the so called AC.They are the most corrupt.They have sold their morals,values and conscience.Weren't they once opposed to atiku?This only proves to us that these men are only interested in their personal aggrandisement and not the plight of you and i.Perhaps,it Duke and Marwa had paired up,i would have considered registering.
I pity this country;I weep for Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by McKren(m): 5:52pm On Feb 02, 2007
ANPP endorsed Yaradua presidency the day they chose Buhari.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by McKren(m): 7:53pm On Feb 02, 2007
belloti:

Is Yaradua Medically fit to withstand the rigour of presidential politics? Do you know he goes for Dialysis weekly?

Yaradua is a civilian, hausaman and a sunni muslim like me, why do you think i can have anything against him?

1. Its up to political parties to choose their candidates as they so wish, whether election, selection or succession it is up to them. ANPP did not have an election either, every other person stepped down for Buhari. As for AC I have no words to describe their own process because the party was formed for a singular reason to field Atiku Abubakar as presidential candidate. Its up to the parties really, even in Britain Tony Blair is standing down latter this year and they have a known heir to the throne (Labour Leader) Gordon brown meanwhile the conservatives in choosing David Cameron had a proper election.

2. It depends on your definition of meaningful speech, he did a speech while flagging off his campaign at Lagos.

3. He has invited whoever thinks they are healthier than him to a 12-set game of squash, if you or who your are backing have not challenged him to a game you have no moral right to question his fitness.

4. Even if Yaradua is your cousine, that will not suggest that what you are saying is absolute truth.

5. When OBJ leaves office and Yaradua takes over he will learn to adjust somehow knowing that he no longer calls the shuts. Remember we are practicing a Presidential system of Government. A Yaradua that is bold enough to choose another political lineage other than his family members will be no ones paupet in power.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by donnymikky(m): 11:44am On Feb 03, 2007

1. What ever happens within any Political Party is non of our business. Moreover, most contestants for the presidency within PDP withdrew because the party zoned the presidency grin to the North.

2. Yar'adua being the PDP candidate does not make him a President yet so i dont know what you mean by Yar'adua being enthroned by OBJ. He made a speech. it is left to everybody to say if the speech is meaningful or not.

3. Yar'adua is a serving gorvernor, he is as normal as every other person on earth. So i dont know that Nigerian Presidency has to turn to weight lifting that one needs to be physically strong before he can contest. Even if he goes for dialysis everyday that is not enough to prove that he is not worthy to be the next Nigerian Prtesident. We need allegations on his level of morals and prudency not on his health. No body is 100% healthy.

4. Even if he is your kindred does not mean you may not have reservations for him. Afterall Ribadu is from the same State with Atiku yet Turaki does not want to hear "RI" not to talk of "BADU".

5. Same was said when OBJ was annointed by IBB and the Norther Elites but at the end of the day Baba Iyabo never danced to their tune. Yar'adua will shock so many people you just wait and watch events as they unfold.

Answers are given already! grin
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by Topsido(m): 12:41pm On Feb 05, 2007
JoshO you made my day. I thought there were no straight thinking youths again until i came here. Kudos to nairaland and seven gbosas to Obj and everybody that either supports or believe in him. Yar'adua for life.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by Topsido(m): 12:54pm On Feb 05, 2007
jushO you made ma day. Atiku is a candidate of jail not presidency. Yar'adua forever.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by ono(m): 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2007
I think I'll rather go for Buhari. Let me explain.

I was in this country when Buhari and Idiagbon came up with the WAI (War against Indiscipline). It worked perfectly in my locality. You could see order and decorum on the way we do things in the country. No doubt, Buhari had his weakpoints at the time, but you will all agree with me that it's an onerous task ruling a country like ours.

Buhari is not a saint, and he's prone to making mistakes and coming down heavy on people due to his military background. I want to believe he's changed now, who will not change after retiring from the military 22 years ago? That's enough time for one to go back to the drawing board and come up with some solutions for solving problems associated with governing a complex and multi-ethnic society like ours.

All said, I think it's better to live with the devil you know than some angels presented by the likes of OBJ, who has a reputation for acting in the real Devil's capacity, whenever he ( the Devil) is away.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by Afam(m): 4:00pm On Feb 05, 2007
Please tell us why Yar'adua is a bad choice.

He has been in office for 8 years now without any single allegation of corruption or embezzlement, rather he is the only governor that posted a budget surplus of over N6B when other governors are looting and asking for more all the time.

Maybe Buhari has changed or repented according to you, maybe we should also give IBB a chance since he will be interested in redeeming his image, maybe OBJ may have learnt something too and deserves another chance.

If anyone cannot point out just one thing that Yar'adua has done wrong in a country where elected leaders are prone to do wrong than they are to do right then you should let this man be, at least he is the most decent politician we have seen in a very long time in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by ishmael(m): 6:04pm On Feb 05, 2007
Afam:

rather he is the only governor that posted a budget surplus of over N6B when other governors are looting and asking for more all the time.

And his people of katsina state are living in poverty. He shares have the same ideology with BABA, keeping money in reserves while country men dey suffer. We don't need such people to rule us again; we want people who know how best to spend money to better the lives of it's citizens.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by joshO: 6:46pm On Feb 05, 2007
we want people who know how best to spend money to better the lives of it's citizens.

Better to leave our foreign reserves where it is than embark on another round of frivoulous contract awards for infrastructure development that would never materialise.

There has to be a measure of success in the ongoing sectoral reform programme first,  or else our hard earned reserves dissapears in the big black hole that is Nigeria.

For not embarking on a last minute spending spree for cheap publicity and sticking to this fiscal discipline, OBJ gets my commendation.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by spikyn: 7:18pm On Feb 05, 2007
I haven't read a post here that didn't have a valid basis. So kudos to everyone for sharing.

I see all this differently. I believe it's more of a "let me be the last to get to be corrupt" scenario. Obasanjo for all his good intentions and works is/has been as corrupt as all the leaders before him. In trying to "clean up", he has managed to enrich himself and his allies for the rest of their lives and ensured that even his descendants are set up for life. So even if corruption ends today, "Hey! At least they are rich already" ba?

Has he done a lot of things right? "Resoundingly, yes"; has he ensured that the gap between rich and poor has been widened? Another "Yes!". If his third term agenda had worked, we would not be having this discussion here and now, would we?

As for Buhari vs Yar'Adua- In the era where most world governments are distancing themselves from corporate rule/control/influences, Obasanjo gathers the "Industry Leaders"in business to seek "endorsement" for the "flag-bearer". That scares me

I didn't give Buhari the chance of the benefit of doubt until I saw his interview with Ladi on Channels TV. It caused me to reboot my notion of him as a mindless soldier-drone. His accent was thick but his wit and acumen weren't. He faced up to the decrees and even the draconian nature of his government and the answers he gave made me re-evaluate my picture of him. He pointed out certain things that successive administrations failed at like monetary policies and debt et al. I don't know how many people got to see this Interview but I assure you it's worth seeing.

Another point that I must raise is this; I'm sorry but I have a mental picture of a 'presidential" mein/mettle and Yar'Adua has yet to show or prove he has it. He is a gentleman and it shows but sadly I fear that Nigeria is not ready for kid-gloves. I happen to be born in a generation that didn't see the Civil War, didn't attend schools for free, had to struggle to get a job and the only time I saw indiscipline/corruption being tackled was during the Buhari years so you'll have to forgive me if I am a little nostalgic for a feeling of order even if it comes at the expense of a few tears. One thing we forget is that we are borrowing today from our children. If our parents generation saw a better world as they keep telling us and have been unable to replicate it for us, then we must find a way to force it for our descendants sake. I admire Singapore and a few other Asian countries for their sense of honour and orderliness, these things we lack in Nigeria.

The question I ask myself is if Buhari/Idiagbon had stayed longer, would they have fallen prey to corruption and power-drunkeness? That we will never know but we know one thing, for once in a very long time we have another shot at altering the course Nigeria is taking and if we fail,

if an animal waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck, I don't care if it looks like a rabbit, I call it a duck!
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 05, 2007
Personally I do not care who wins but I pray to almighty Jehovah that any leader that seeks to Islamize Nigeria or squander and loot be prepared a resting place next to Abacha.
There has to be a change and if it means God cleansing us of the corrupt leaders,so be it.
We are tired of all these rogues.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by batu: 8:18pm On Feb 05, 2007

I read all the comments passed on the above issue with astonishment and find it a moral obligation to add my own comment to those ignorant people on the issue. i want to state it here categorically that if we want to really progress in this country we should vote for Buhari base on the following reason,,,,,,,,,,,,,

@Musy,
In your own words, you've definitely added your own comment to those of ignorant people on the choice of Buhari. Well done, bro! more ignorance to your elbow.

@Belloti,
What you've done is funny. You said Buhari is a candidate of choice but refused to post any credible thing about him; but rather decide to say Yar adua goes for dialysis weekly. Maybe you should go and ask a nurse (not even a doctor) living near you if it is possible for somebody doing dialysis on a "weekly basis" to rule for 8 years. Get your fact right before making ridiculous statements. It is obvious that your support for any candidate has an undertone of religion in it. I understood it was Yerima you supported, now it is Osama Buhari al Zarqawi. Yes, I know you said you and Yar adua are both sunni muslims, but it's likely you refuse to see any good in him because he is not an extremist like your favourite candidates, Yerima, Buhari. If Sheik Gumi had been alive, probably he would have been your prefered candidate
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by McKren(m): 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2007
@spykin

Nice post but you have to undersatnd something. Not even Bill Clinton will sort Nigeria out in the next four years. In my view our greatest priority in May 2007 is not allow the return of a recycled leader some of whom have through the barrel of the gun ousted a democratically elected government. If you think Buhari's actions were justified because Shagari's government was corrupt then it will as well be justified for Martin Luthar Agwai to oust the present government since majority of Nigerians believe OBJ is very corrupt. There is no where else in the world where someone like Buhari will dream of being president again other than Nigeria. His coup cost this country at least 20years and if not for that singular act our democracy would have matured.

I am personally not so keen on Yaradua presidency but this country has to move on beyond those cult of generals that have ruled us for so long. They simply will not provide the secular and contemporary Nigeria that our generation crave for. Maybe Yaradua will not be able to provide it either but his presidency will shut the door to the ambition of some of those guys and provide for us generational change. At least if Yaradua becomes president it will be so wierd to hear names like IBB, Buhari, Atiku, Ojukwu in 2011 elections. But if Burari becomes president tell me why IBB will not contest next when OBJ and Buhari were his senior in the army.??

Let us know what we want at this stage in our national life and go after them.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by BigB11(m): 10:25pm On Feb 05, 2007
@McKen:

You just can't breath without mentioning IBB's name.

Wetin the man do you sef?
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by debosky(m): 10:37pm On Feb 05, 2007
its what IBB did to Nigerians that hurts, and we have to be careful to remind ourselves, Lest We Forget!!

personally I feel Yar'Adua needs to come out a little more and show his own thoughts and ideas for running the country.

Buhari has shown his disdain for democracy, he doesn't believe in it, so why should be believe him now?

to the people talking about discipline - go back to the early years of every military administration we've had in Nigeria - there was always a

sense of hope, of better things to come. . . .before the military monsters begin to show what they're made of

with the exception of Obj and Abubakar (solely for delivering on their promise to restore democracy) I have no respect for any former military

head of state claiming to want to 'restore' the country with a 'new found' vision. NO!!
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by McKren(m): 10:53pm On Feb 05, 2007
@BigB1

Folks ask me the same question everyday, I have respect for the man IBB but I love Nigeria more. Simple!!!!
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by BigB11(m): 11:24pm On Feb 05, 2007
@ McKren:

Good answer, I truly don't know what to do with you anymore.

Even though you, Afam and MAMAJAMA are my favorite enemies and I have so much respect for you guys, but honestly, you people drive me crazy.

If you can just take a time out and understand most of my points/ the way I view things, you will quickly realize that we are all on the same boat seeking for a positive strategy to move our lovely nation forward effectively.

You need to let go the hatred and bitterness that you have for IBB. Believe me, the issues in Nigeria are much bigger than IBB.
Even the new generation can not and will not solve the problem.

My point:
It doesn't matter who takes over "it is what it is" Nothing will change if we do not ratify the defective culture and system.

And who can make this happen faster and better?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Aregberascal Borrowed And Spent Osun's Future On (pics) / "Get Out Of My Motor, You'll Voted For Buhari" — Lady Slams Hausa-Fulani Beggar / A Candidate won't Be Declared Winner If He Doesn't Get 25% In FCT : INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.