Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua (8566 Views)

Poll: WHich politician would you prefer as a presidential candidate?

Buhari: 53% (42 votes)
Yar'adua: 46% (36 votes)
This poll has ended

Buhari Extends Loot Recovery To Yar'adua, Obasanjo Era / President Jonathan Pays Homage To Yar'adua / Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by Nobody: 1:27am On Mar 29, 2007
none of the two are fit in my opinion.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by Forfavour(m): 2:39am On Mar 29, 2007
Dear All,

I must really confessed that I was dazed and amazed by the resourceful contribution of others, one thing kept bothering me about the exaggerated stewardship(if any) of Buhari- I agree he made us to believe he’s corrupt but there are millions of Nigerian out there with such quality. What about Yaradua – no corrupt allegation against him yet. Believe me any prospective Nigerian president must be a true father of All –respect people’s right of religion, freedom, tribe, background, etc. We don’t need people like him (Buhari) that will turn Nigeria to war torn nations like Lebanon, Sudan etc.

He once truncated democratic system; he doesn’t qualify to benefit from it. Was he not the same person that enriched “Salisu Ibrabhim (Toro saga) during his tenure as PTDF chairman, what impact/benefit can we boast of today except few that he enriched?

If he (Buhari) thinks he will rule Nigeria successfully like a military man he better go for further lecture from OBJ. We need a listening, a true democrat, detribalized, sincere leader, a gentleman, visionary, younger generation leader. YARADUA IS THE MAN OOO
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by 9ja4eva: 8:21am On Mar 29, 2007
Well for me Pat Utomi is d MAN.I definitely do not believe EFCC or d likes anymore meaning am nt sure hes nt corrupt too.I tink Buhari wld be far better than Yar Adua anyway.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by dblock(m): 9:38am On Apr 02, 2007
Buhari has changed apart from taking off his uniform.

You'd like that, wouldn't you? ya sick pervet grin
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by Jakumo(m): 4:58pm On Apr 02, 2007
ForFavour with this first post of yours here at Nairaland you have demonstrated an accurate knowledge of Nigerian history and of Buhari's role in torpedoing a democracy, then decades later advocating that Islamic Sharia Law be forced on the secular Nigerian federation.

I would only add that Buhari is far better suited to leading groups of bearded Taliban zealots out in the upper reaches of the Hindu Kush Mountains someplace, than he could ever be to ruling over any civilized nation. 

For the sake of peace in Nigeria, Seriki Buhari must not be allowed to smell power in Abuja for as long as he lives.

Welcome to Nairaland my brother.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by Obykings(m): 5:02pm On Apr 02, 2007
buhari is the man, bye bye to yaradua who is obj 3rd tenure
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by bruce(m): 6:23pm On Apr 02, 2007
We need people with the fear of God in them, educated, dynamic, seasoned and visionary administrators.
The likes of Buhari are not fit for this country anymore. Yar'Adua is going to be a surrogate president if he wins.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by Afam(m): 6:34pm On Apr 02, 2007
bruce:

We need people with the fear of God in them, educated, dynamic, seasoned and visionary administrators.
The likes of Buhari are not fit for this country anymore. Yar'Adua is going to be a surrogate president if he wins.

So, who is better suited for the job?
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by 9ja4eva: 6:55pm On Apr 02, 2007
Well if am left with thi2 candidates i will go for BUHARI
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by Afam(m): 7:00pm On Apr 02, 2007
9ja4eva:

Well if am left with thi2 candidates i will go for BUHARI

Why? Can you please give us one or two reasons why Buhari is a better choice?
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by 9ja4eva: 7:45pm On Apr 02, 2007
Buhari is known by many to be a man of his words.

Buhari is known by many to be a many of discipline

He has been tested by Nigerians unlike Yar Adua who is barely known.For performance too Yar Adua as widely rumoured did nothing for his State.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by dblock(m): 7:26am On Apr 03, 2007
Well it is a fact that Buhari isn't corrupt, infact after he left office he was searching for a house to live in, forhe didn't really have a house. But I don't like the way he came to power. "[b]Coup[/b]hari"
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by 9ja4eva: 7:44am On Apr 03, 2007
LOL

Well its best to go with d devil we all know.I did stick my head out for PAT UTOMI anyway.Wld have been better if PDP had Donald Duke running.This Elections sef go suprise so many people.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by Emmjays: 10:57am On Apr 03, 2007
I would have preferred Pat Utomi but we know this country, people with such rare qualities will not be allowed to get there. No! not now! But if I'm left with a choice between Buhari and Yar'adua, I will not think twice before choosing Yar'adua. He's got all the qualities that Buhari is floating right now and much more. He is not a religious bigot, he doesn't have the negative reputation of being sectional, and above all he does not brag. I don't believe what people say that he will be manipulated by OBJ. Those who are saying that should ask Babangida - what he experienced in the hands of OBJ. I CAST MY VOTE FOR YAR'ADUA.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by 9ja4eva: 6:56am On Apr 04, 2007
Well i did go for d best and dt wld be PAT UTOMI.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 05, 2007
9ja4eva:

Well i did go for d best and dt would be PAT UTOMI.

He is the only one running worth voting for.
All the other crooks are just that,crooks.
This guy is the only one that has the interest of Nigeria as a democratic nation at heart.
He is a young man with clean hands.
Yaradua and Buhari should crawl back to the North.
They have ruined the country enough,we need a young man with a vision.
Buhari want to Islamize us,his brother is just a lesser evil.
We do not need any of them.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by debosky(m): 12:09am On Apr 05, 2007
Pat has ideas no doubt, but Yar'Adua has worked in his state, he seems honest and democratic and I believe he is the best choice. Buhari is an undemocratic , bigoted and unsuitable person for the highest office.

even if Pat was elected, would his party have majority in the senate or house of reps? how would he get anything done? he would be a lame duck president, and his term (at least right now) would be a waste. when he builds appropriate structures politically, then he can be taken seriously.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by 9ja4eva: 5:43am On Apr 05, 2007
babyosisi:

He is the only one running worth voting for.
All the other crooks are just that,crooks.
This guy is the only one that has the interest of Nigeria as a democratic nation at heart.
He is a young man with clean hands.
Yaradua and Buhari should crawl back to the North.
They have ruined the country enough,we need a young man with a vision.
Buhari want to Islamize us,his brother is just a lesser evil.
We do not need any of them.

Yu absolutely right.I pray he wins though.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by dblock(m): 7:39am On Apr 05, 2007
The only Nigerians of this generation that I would ever consider voting for are;

El Rufai(A great minister)

Soludu(Africa's best CBN Governor)

Pat Utomi(A true envitionist)

Donald Duke(One of the greatest Nigerians's ever)

and

Wole Soyinka

No I will never ever vote for; OBJ, Kalu, Buhari, Yar Adua, Tinubu, Alams, IBB, Borisade, GoodLuck, Ibori, Atiku
To do that will be to crucify Nigeria heartlessly.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by 9ja4eva: 7:40am On Apr 05, 2007
Wonderful list.However i do not think Ribadu shld be on d list.Hes really disappointed me.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by dblock(m): 7:42am On Apr 05, 2007
Alright I'll take him off, nobody that has dissapointed any Nigerian should ever rule this country
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by 9ja4eva: 8:55am On Apr 05, 2007
LOL

Serious see how hes been acting of late.Doesnt tell well of him.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by bruce(m): 6:50pm On Apr 05, 2007
@Afam
People that are suited for this job are people that suits my criteria and others that will defend the integrity of this nation, pour out their heart to the plight of the poor masses, and that will bring about socio-economic changes.

I mean the likes of Pat Utomi.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by Afam(m): 7:01pm On Apr 05, 2007
bruce:

@Afam
People that are suited for this job are people that suits my criteria and others that will defend the integrity of this nation, pour out their heart to the plight of the poor masses, and that will bring about socio-economic changes.

I mean the likes of Pat Utomi.

Utomi does not stand a chance. To begin with he is an idealist and not in touch with reality.

He cannot even communicate with the people he wants to lead.

And the most important point why he will not get there now is that no southerner will smell Aso Rock because power needs to rotate back to the north for the interest of peace.

Or, do you imagine that the Northerners were stupid when they allowed two yoruba sons to contest for the presidency for the interest of peace in Nigeria?
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by debosky(m): 7:07pm On Apr 05, 2007
well said Afam, someone who isn't in a major political party, has little or no wide following amongst the masses and most importantly, doesn't understand or work with the dynamics of the political system in Nigeria will never become president. Thats the honest truth.

It is not with all these lofty sounding ideas that things get done. The political realities on ground necessitate that a Northerner take over the presidency this year, and of all the current lot out there, Yar'Adua is outstandingly the best choice available now.

its good to dream, but also to start sensibly, that is why, if he wins in Edo and leads well, Adams will have a good chance in future presidential elections.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 05, 2007
Afam:

Utomi does not stand a chance. To begin with he is an idealist and not in touch with reality.

He cannot even communicate with the people he wants to lead.

And the most important point why he will not get there now is that no southerner will smell Aso Rock because power needs to rotate back to the north for the interest of peace.
Or, do you imagine that the Northerners were stupid when they allowed two yoruba sons to contest for the presidency for the interest of peace in Nigeria?

This statement is really what ticks me off about Nigeria.
Why must the south always seek to appease the north for the sake of peace,which peace?

We have folded our hands and watched them run the country down a spirogyra-laden drain and we still talk of appeasing them.What nonsense?.
What do they have that we don't have?
They have hoodlums and thugs and so do we.

What we need is the best person to dig us out of this present hole that they've left us in.
The likes of IBB and Buhari ought to be languishing in a rat infested prison cell and not insult us by asking to lead Nigeria one more time.
They ought to be in solitary confinement where the chilling howls of the souls of  Dele Giwa and all the people they killed will torment them day and night.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by 9ja4eva: 11:59pm On Apr 05, 2007
Amen.I really feel so bad that no one can call any of them to question.The question still is if Utomi is voted in will he be hard on those that wld want to disrupt his administration one way or the other?Am glad though that hes not into the god father thing.We need to get our Country out of the hands of all those evil leaders.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by belloti(m): 1:11pm On Apr 06, 2007
You guys just drums up all kinds of fantasies. we have some basic facts on the ground to deal with.

Its a Democracy

Power shift to the north

PDP and ANPP are the likely winning parties

Its a game of numbers and networks

Its basically narrowed down to Buhari or Yaradua

Yaradua is a continuation of this anomaly and misrule

Buhari is an alternative.

Cant you just figure that out yourselves?
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by Afam(m): 1:38pm On Apr 06, 2007
babyosisi:

This statement is really what ticks me off about Nigeria.
Why must the south always seek to appease the north for the sake of peace,which peace?

We have folded our hands and watched them run the country down a spirogyra-laden drain and we still talk of appeasing them.What nonsense?.
What do they have that we don't have?
They have hoodlums and thugs and so do we.

What we need is the best person to dig us out of this present hole that they've left us in.
The likes of IBB and Buhari ought to be languishing in a rat infested prison cell and not insult us by asking to lead Nigeria one more time.
They ought to be in solitary confinement where the chilling howls of the souls of Dele Giwa and all the people they killed will torment them day and night.

It is not about what you wish or what you like but about the reality on ground. If the reality does not suit you, tough luck.

Basically, you do not understand the reality on ground so can excuse your disappointment even if the issue of power shift makes a lot of sense in the present day Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by edwinbald(m): 2:29pm On Apr 06, 2007
Did anybody watch or listen to the Presidential debate yesterday.

My submission is 'even if a fool keeps quite, it make everybody think he is wise."

He could not match Pat Utomi (www.patutomi2007.com) in plans, programs and policies.

Buhari could not answer a single one question without stealing from what Pat had just said.It is shameful the kind of materials we have as our leaders.

We can now understand why Nigeria had been this way, by looking at who had ruled us in the past embarassed
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by 9ja4eva: 10:49pm On Apr 06, 2007
Pat Utomi is full of ideas so wat do u expect.
Re: Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua by McKren(m): 6:45pm On Apr 07, 2007
Frankly,

I have always been sympathetic to the Yaradua candidacy because I thought he was the one closest to what we want. At this stage in our national history what I think we want most is generational shift, continuation of the fight against corruption and the reforms on ground. If for reasons of power rotation power needs to move to the North it is tempting to think Yaradua fits the bill more.
However recent events still affirms the feeling that I had on December 15, 2006 (that Nigeria has defered hope by 8years) when Donald Duke was compelled to step down.

I simply dont know why Yaradua will not appear in a Presidential debate, is he afraid of his scorecard? or are all they have been telling us about him a hoax? I simply dont know why he should be taken more seriously than Orji Kalu of Abia State if he will take Nigerians for granted and not appear for Presidential debate. The only way Nigerians were supposed to know what the candidates are all about (forget the prepared speeches read on National TV, even my 4yr old Nice can do that).

I dont trust this guy, I do appreciate the PDP's attempt for Generational shift but Yaradua simply does not get my vote, I dont have a reason to take him more seriously than the average Nigerian politician.
He claims he wants to be a servant leader but 8years as Governor he could not put in a place a hospital in Katsina to cure catahrr and would fly to Germany for that??
He claims to be a servant leader but too big to attend Presidential debate, I simply wont waste my time to vote such a man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

INEC Releases Names, Contacts Of Officials For Anambra Poll / Court Rejects Metuh's Bid To Stop Trial / Watch How Senator Remi Tinubu Disrupts Senate Proceedings And Threatens Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.