Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks (30022 Views)

A President And His ‘Tired’ Service Chiefs By Olalekan Adetayo / How El-Zakzaky Was Expelled From ABU, Zaria In 1979 For Violence - The Cable / Suspended DG NIA Weeps, Barred From Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by orisa37: 7:22am On Apr 25, 2017
marv1:
OK. We have heard you. Go and sin no more.

You devil.
Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by mantosa(m): 7:26am On Apr 25, 2017
Comparing a wrong to justify your wrong doesn't makes it right.

For example, a person fails in Year 1 and says because his brother fails while in year1 that means he passed too. Doesn't make any sense to me.

babyfaceafrica:
the person you quoted have a point

3 Likes

Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by babyfaceafrica: 7:31am On Apr 25, 2017
mantosa:
Comparing a wrong to justify your wrong doesn't makes it right.

For example, a person fails in Year 1 and says because his brother fails while in year1 that means he passed too. Doesn't make any sense to me.

sometimes this journalist also sensitize news,so once in a while o think they deserve tonbw cautioned, I am for freedom of press,but just because someone has licence tonqeite does not mean he should play to people emotion..my verdict is that FOB bill ahouks be passed and signed
Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by emmasege: 7:46am On Apr 25, 2017
sekundosekundo:
I don't know why the PRESIDENCY don't receive instructions of the PRESIDENT before acting.
because there's no president to take instructions from. The one in Aso Rock is only occupying space lest the villa is taken over by weeds, spider's cobwebs, rodents and snakes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by kolexxy: 8:02am On Apr 25, 2017
Freedom of speech should be honoured. You dont expect a press man to keep vital information for Nigerian...Is all about 2019, let's see what happened...Iyanu A Shele...

5 Likes

Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by asumo12: 8:03am On Apr 25, 2017
Jeffboi:

Correct your first line ma,

Hes a journalist he can use any topic that suit he's report, Beside he didn't report fake news, we've not been seeing our president in public excepts on Friday, and you think people like That guy should not report to the masses

Correct your fist line sir

undecided
Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by Montaque(m): 8:05am On Apr 25, 2017
"He told me that the President was free to rule the country
from wherever he liked. He said the stories were meant to
portray the President as incapacitated and that it had to do
with the politics of 2019."

This Born to Rule mentality is what am not comfortable with. Africa has a lot to know about responsible leadership

8 Likes

Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by AbuEzeFemi(m): 8:10am On Apr 25, 2017
Sidon look na dog name
Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by israelmao(m): 8:11am On Apr 25, 2017
marv1:
OK. We have heard you. Go and sin no more.
What sin?
Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by zoedew: 8:14am On Apr 25, 2017
AntiWailer:

It was taken a long time ago.

Freedom of speech is not enough to use your special privilege against those who gave it to you. I repeat again

When you blow eveything out of proportion just to show your disdain for the current Administration all to prove that we should have voted Jonathan.

Before Fayose come and fight for the masses again. let me add my voice.

While it is not right to gag the press, It is done every where they are becoming a nuisance

The links below add to my point.

America is a Free World, This year, trump's Presidency blocked CNN, New York Times on February 25 during a briefing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/journalists-president-elect-donald-trump-press-freedom-blocked-media-a7410806.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/24/white-house-blocks-cnn-new-york-times-from-press-briefing-hours-after-trump-slams-media/?utm_term=.4987b76db384

Newspaper seiezed during GEJ's era.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/162255-nigerian-military-goes-berserk-blocks-newspapers-distribution-abuja-lagos.html

Journalists detained during GEJ's era

https://www.pri.org/stories/2013-04-09/nigerian-journalists-detained-after-story-president-goodluck-jonathan

Journalist expelled during GEJ's era

https://newsdiaryonline.com/like-jonathans-era-buharis-presidency-expels-another-journalist-villa/

Signed Chief Zombie. tongue tongue tongue

** Write another point, Zombie is already taken
It is not the place of the CSO to take on such matters.
Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by israelmao(m): 8:15am On Apr 25, 2017
With all the intensive media and public criticism of the last administration how many journalists or reporters were given a marching order or booted out of Aso Rock?

3 Likes

Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by AkupeMBANO(m): 8:21am On Apr 25, 2017
democracy is a big joke under Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by middlebelter(m): 8:23am On Apr 25, 2017
marv1:
OK. Wie have heard you. Go and sin no more.

Can you please tell us his sin you are referring to? If GEJ gag the press using the style of the CEO, PMB and APC won't be in Aso Rock today.
Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by Adecks01(m): 8:26am On Apr 25, 2017
It means three in one freedom have being manipulated by aol rock
Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by vigasimple(m): 8:27am On Apr 25, 2017
israelmao:
With all the intensive media and public criticism of the last administration how many journalists or reporters were given a marching or booted out of Aso Rock?

Attack on freedom of the press is attack on the people. The press are the fourth estate. Decree 4 muzzling the press brought an end to Buhari's military Regime and if I were a betting man, I will say that this incident is the beginning of the end of a propagandist government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by Hiploko(m): 8:29am On Apr 25, 2017
Adesina was somewhere getting updates...

Marriage for benefits and not love ...WEST vs NORTH

Nigerians will never forget APC

Comedians Party cheesy
Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by jpworld(m): 8:29am On Apr 25, 2017
kenonze:
Mr. JOURNALIST,
I wasn't happen with that headline "Anxiety in Aso Rock over PMB health" ... . U created the anxiety where there is none.
Just report what u saw, stop misleading people in order to sell ur paper

So that justify the CSO action?
What happen to press freedom?

GEJ is my hero!
Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by middlebelter(m): 8:31am On Apr 25, 2017
kenonze:
Mr. JOURNALIST,
I wasn't happen with that headline "Anxiety in Aso Rock over PMB health" ... . U created the anxiety where there is none.
Just report what u saw, stop misleading people in order to sell ur paper
If you are the CEO, I will like you to know that ordinary Nigerian on the street are very displeased with your action.
The press represents our eyes on the seat of power. You should therefore not only treat them in a civilised way, but with much respect that Nigerians deserves. We voted PMB into government because we feel disappointed with some of the actions and inactions of GEJ. Today go to the street, you will discover that Nigerians are more angry with economic policies of PMB than they were WITH GEJ.
Stop making attempt to repeat what your boss did in the 1980s.I want to believe PMB didn't send you.

2 Likes

Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by zoedew: 8:33am On Apr 25, 2017
sekundosekundo:
I don't know why the PRESIDENCY don't receive instructions of the PRESIDENT before acting.
"Who is The Presidency?" tongue
Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by sekundosekundo: 8:38am On Apr 25, 2017
emmasege:
because there's no president to take instructions from. The one in Aso Rock is only occupying space lest the villa is taken over by weeds, spider's cobwebs, rodents and snakes.

Lol, can you imagine?.
Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by Kingspin(m): 8:39am On Apr 25, 2017
The more you look less you see government.
Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by middlebelter(m): 8:42am On Apr 25, 2017
AntiWailer:

It was taken a long time ago.

Freedom of speech is not enough to use your special privilege against those who gave it to you. I repeat again

When you blow eveything out of proportion just to show your disdain for the current Administration all to prove that we should have voted Jonathan.

Before Fayose come and fight for the masses again. let me add my voice.

While it is not right to gag the press, It is done every where they are becoming a nuisance

The links below add to my point.

America is a Free World, This year, trump's Presidency blocked CNN, New York Times on February 25 during a briefing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/journalists-president-elect-donald-trump-press-freedom-blocked-media-a7410806.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/24/white-house-blocks-cnn-new-york-times-from-press-briefing-hours-after-trump-slams-media/?utm_term=.4987b76db384

Newspaper seiezed during GEJ's era.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/162255-nigerian-military-goes-berserk-blocks-newspapers-distribution-abuja-lagos.html

Journalists detained during GEJ's era

https://www.pri.org/stories/2013-04-09/nigerian-journalists-detained-after-story-president-goodluck-jonathan

Journalist expelled during GEJ's era

https://newsdiaryonline.com/like-jonathans-era-buharis-presidency-expels-another-journalist-villa/

Signed Chief Zombie. tongue tongue tongue

** Write another point, Zombie is already taken

We are Nigerians, it happens we use USA as a good example of freedom of press, but not a perfect example especially with a Donald Trump.

If I may ask you, who gave that freedom of expression in the first place? Do you think it's PMB OR APC? I voted and campaigned for PMB but today, I feel very disappointed especially with the like of that CSO surrounding him thinking they can gag our freedom to know. They forgot so soon that it's because we could express ourselves freely that their boss is able to seat in So Rock? Our freedom was given to us by the people of Nigeria plainly inscribed in our constitution. We shall contest any attempt by any CSO or their likes to gag it. Nobody, I repeat nobody can drag us back. We faced the military on the street and so not even a civilian government.

2 Likes

Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by ayindejimmy(m): 8:44am On Apr 25, 2017
Tallesty1:
He is there to do his job ma, not to please you.

The CSO was overzealous. He should have just caution the man to be more Factual in his report and avoid being sensational.

Journalists are fond of sensational news to make their headlines attractive

Imagine Jehovah Witnesses were declared has extremists in Russia but Nigerian newspapers report "Jehovah Witnesses banned" as headline

As if it happened in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by rottennaija(m): 8:45am On Apr 25, 2017
mantosa:
Justifying his actions based on "other country" did it is wrong. In the first place the story context between the CNN reporter and this Punch reporter is quite different. Using Jonathan as a yardstick in this instance is the lowest form of failure by the present govt.

Now they are in a more bigger mess as they have to change the narrative since the CSO acted "independently". I ask you "who is the presidency?"

Don't gag JOURNALISTS, DONT MUZZLE JOURNALISTS

His point was, you have freedom of expression. But your freedom of expression should be used wisely, not to create panic or anxiety or fear which can lead to an achy and social disturbance.

1 Like

Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by israelmao(m): 8:49am On Apr 25, 2017
vigasimple:

Attack on freedom of the press is attack on the people. The press are the fourth estate. Decree 4 muzzling the press brought an end to Buhari's military Regime and if I were a betting man, I will say that this incident is the beginning of the end of a propagandist government.
Yes indeed they are trying to gag the press in order to keep general public in stark ignorance of the realities.
Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by AntiWailer: 8:50am On Apr 25, 2017
zoedew:

It is not the place of the CSO to take on such matters.

I agree with you.

It is wrong even for Buhari to order such. There are more sensible and engaging way of dealing with press.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by AntiWailer: 8:54am On Apr 25, 2017
middlebelter:

We are Nigerians, it happens we use USA as a good example of freedom of press, but not a perfect example especially with a Donald Trump.

If I may ask you, who gave that freedom of expression in the first place? Do you think it's PMB OR APC? I voted and campaigned for PMB but today, I feel very disappointed especially with the like of that CSO surrounding him thinking they can gag our freedom to know. They forgot so soon that it's because we could express ourselves freely that their boss is able to seat in So Rock? Our freedom was given to us by the people of Nigeria plainly inscribed in our constitution. We shall contest any attempt by any CSO or their likes to gag it. Nobody, I repeat nobody can drag us back. We faced the military on the street and so not even a civilian government.

I am with you.

If you read my post objectively. What I said is that there is no need to blown it outo of proportion cos of collective hatred for Buhari.

My post simply shows that it happens, it happened before so we stop making it sound peculiar.
Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by ephi123(f): 8:58am On Apr 25, 2017
mantosa:
Justifying his actions based on "other country" did it is wrong. In the first place the story context between the CNN reporter and this Punch reporter is quite different. Using Jonathan as a yardstick in this instance is the lowest form of failure by the present govt.

Now they are in a more bigger mess as they have to change the narrative since the CSO acted "independently". I ask you "who is the presidency?"

Don't gag JOURNALISTS, DONT MUZZLE JOURNALISTS

That is how low these guys have sunk.

Is APC not meant to be a party of change?

Backward change apparently.

1 Like

Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by ephi123(f): 8:59am On Apr 25, 2017
Realist2:

But he reported the obvious Fact that is yet to be proven wrong.
There's nothing you can do about the truth, you can only hide it for a while, but not forever.

Word.
Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by Buharimustgo: 9:03am On Apr 25, 2017
What marvels me is the way Zombies reason,to them every small thing is treason and security breach
Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by Emestar1999: 9:07am On Apr 25, 2017
[quote author=kenonze post [/b][/quote] who told you he was misleading people? Wasn't he doing his job? Ok where the Buhari's come dey if he isn't sick? All dis app people no how to insult freedom of speech and the press.
Re: Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks by Firefire(m): 9:08am On Apr 25, 2017
freeze001:

You mean 20th century not 19th unless u're trying to say that Buhari has lived for almost 2 centuries...clearly not true.

tongue you are right. #modified.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Sagay Fumes Over Clamour For Presidency To Remain In North / Senate Presidency: Is Senator Abdul'Aziz Yari Going To Play Another Saraki 2.0? / Ondo Govt's Statement On Lagos Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.