Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names (49114 Views)

Rivers Women Prevented Soldiers From Entering Ogu/Bolo LGA Secretariat / Justice Chukwujieze Ogu Is Dead! Assassinated By Gunmen (Disturbing Photos) / List Of Towns And Villages In Abuja (FCT) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 27, 2017
Timoviral:
Ogu with her satellite settlements is surrounded by Eleme LGA in the West, Tai LGA in the North, Bonny LGA, Wakama Ama and Bolo communities in the South and Okrika LGA in the South-West. It could be reached by sea and land. It has well over 50 satellite villages and fishing settlements that could be reached through sea on Ogu creek and the Bonny River, while others by land through Eleme and Tai LGAs, Some of the satellite villages and fishing settlements include: Tende Ama Ada Ama, Tamuno Ama (Ofunguru Ama), Yude Ama, Kporo, Chuku Ama,. Nemieboka Ama, Iga fe Ama, Tende fe Ama, Olobulo Ama, Brown Ama, Afaka Ama,Agakien Ama, DasoAma, OwukiriAma, OmodaraniAma, PiriAma, Ogobo Ama, Iwomabie Ama, Ogweinbie Ama, Owupele Ama, Fombo Ama, Siere Ama, Ogugu-ChukuAma, Igbikiyemieari Ama, Tububie Ama, Orubie Ama, Anigoboka Ama, Atubonacheofoin-a Ama, Nyanabo Ama, Ogonotoru Ama, Ilanga/Yikabo Ama, F ebie Atna, Amabara Ama, Adu fe Ama, Chuku Ama II, Ikika fi piri Ama, . Olomusoko Ama, Ikpokiri I, Ikpokiri II, Ikpokiri III (Wharf), Tombikuku, Owugono, Ibiorika Kiri, Ibiebele Kiri, Orabere Kiri, Yikabo Kiri, Gream Kiri, Odo Kiri, Abereniboye Kiri, Adokiye Owuapuigbiki Kiri, Kulo Kiri, Sani Kiri, Apanatibo Kiri, Ipiangba Fibumo Kiri, Bumo Kiri, Semenibipi/Iyo Kiri, Ichi Kiri, Adolphus N emieboka Kiri, Niniapu Kiri boko, Agakien Kiri, Otobipi Kiri, Mbi Kiri, Fulobele Kiri,

You needed not bring this up.
You should have allowed the foolish fools to be fooling around.
Their empty skulls has been programmed to function in a certain way. That's why they'll remain deluded.

4 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Iskander2: 12:02am On Apr 27, 2017
ifeanyiAdemola:

Ijaw land grabber this is Igbo land.

NWANNA TANKS 4 THOSE MAPS I HAVE UPDATED MY BATTLE ARMADA

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Extrazee: 12:04am On Apr 27, 2017
seeniorboy:

Are you scared?

Wedo
Scared of edo ke? We just don't want witches and wizards, demons and flying people to be part of Igbo land.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Iskander2: 12:04am On Apr 27, 2017
Ekinematics:

You needed not bring this up.
You should have allowed the foolish fools to be fooling around.
Their empty skulls has been programmed to function in a certain way. That's why they'll remain deluded.

CLOSE YOUR GUTTER U ARE SO EMPTY

3 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by HopeAtHand: 12:06am On Apr 27, 2017
I am surprised at the list. Ogu/bolo consists of

1) Ogu Town

2) Bolo Community

3) Wakama community.

This is inarguably the smallest LGA in Rivers, nay Nigeria.

And Ogu/Bolo people are basically Okrikans, being separated from Okrika LGA by the Ogu creek and Bonny River. Tnx y'all

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Ikechukwuni6: 12:08am On Apr 27, 2017
So for 8 pages straight and yet still not ONE evidence that Ogu-bolo are ijaws other than ijaws saying so on NL.

Chei!!!!

Infact, let's all just say every land near the river belongs to ijaw. Infact the lands all over the ocean near the world is Ijaw territory.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 27, 2017
nuelsylves:

Based on your reasoning, does it mean that the Igalas in Anambra state are also Igbos? Since Anambra-State is in SouthEast. Lol. Oga your reasoning eh! Lol.

Go and carry out research on the history of Ikwerres. History is the best proof.

Again all these noise started during and after the civil war just to survive.

They are coming back to their senses as many of them now attend and hold post in Ọhaneze ndị Igbo.
Oga, I explained my point earlier... there are yoruba communities in edo and delta. It won't make any sense saying these guys are Ijaw or whatever... it's a minority of that region. Say 0.01 %. Same with you mentioned above It's simply as a result o crossborder relationship. It's totally different from the case of Rivers where a majority of the people are being called Igbo. See, these people have their own tradition and culture. It will only be sensible if we let them and not force them under one ethnic group because of language and names.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by seeniorboy(m): 12:10am On Apr 27, 2017
Extrazee:

Scared of edo ke? We just don't want witches and wizards, demons and flying people to be part of Igbo land.
Scoffs!!!
Now I believe,hypocrisy is a disease!!!
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Ikechukwuni6: 12:12am On Apr 27, 2017
majekdom2:
Oga, I explained my point earlier... there are yoruba communities in edo and delta. It won't make any sense saying these guys are Ijaw or whatever... it's a minority of that region. Say 0.01 %. Same with you mentioned above It's simple a a result o crossborder relationship. It's totally different from the case of Rivers where a majority of the people are being called Igbo. See, these people have their own tradition and culture. It will only be sensible if we let them and not force them under one ethnic group because of language and names.

Noone have ever claimed Ogoni or ijaws as igbo and noone would ever do.

Igbo call ndoki, Egbema, and etche igbo which they are and proudly says so. Only ijaws deny them that their ethnic backgrounds due to their desperation to claim majority in Rivers state.

Only Ikwerre and opobo are the argument due to 1.) Language, 2.) Names and 3.) Division within them where some claim igbo while others do not.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 12:19am On Apr 27, 2017
Iskander2:

SHAMELESS OLD FOOL NOBODY TAKES YOU SERIUOS.... YOU HAV BEEN DECIMATED

U ARE WORST THAN ZOMBIE

Very ibotic in nature.
Poo...

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Iskander2: 12:23am On Apr 27, 2017
Ekinematics:

Very ibotic in nature.
Poo...

YOU WILL SOON DIE OF HATRED

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by seeniorboy(m): 12:26am On Apr 27, 2017
Iskander2:

I DONT KNOW THEM AND AFONJA WHICH IS WORSE
Imagine?see what you've typed! Afonja??land grabing??can't just stop laughing!
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by DozieInc(m): 12:28am On Apr 27, 2017
Ogu-bolo is Okrika.
Due to centuries of inter-marriage, trade and migration between both groups, hence the "mix"
In most riverine towns of Rivers State ( OPobo, Ogu-bolo, Bonny, Okrika etc ) you will find a significant amount of Igbo speaking indigenes.
About three or four of my grand aunties were married in Okrika etc, since the 1950's, hence I have relatives in the riverine.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 27, 2017
Iskander2:

YOU WILL SOON DIE OF HATRED

See who's talking about hatred grin
You left your SE to come and tell me my own history and ethnicity in Rivers State, then I'll just sit back and clap for you.

Why is Rivers so important to you guys?
Have you seen any thread on nairaland of a Rivers man or woman dragging land in Imo, Abia, Enugu, Ebonyi or Anambra?
Is your self glorified SE not OK for you?
Are we that important to you guys?

5 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Iskander2: 12:31am On Apr 27, 2017
seeniorboy:

Imagine?see what you've typed!
Afonja??land grabing??can't just stop laughing!

WHY DONT U CHECK ODUDUWA MAP

2 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Iskander2: 12:34am On Apr 27, 2017
Ekinematics:

See who's talking about hatred grin
You left your SE to come and tell me my own history and ethnicity in Rivers State, then I'll just sit back and clap for you.

Why is Rivers so important to you guys?
Have you seen any thread on nairaland of a Rivers man or woman dragging land in Imo, Abia, Enugu, Ebonyi or Anambra?
Is your self glorified SE not OK for you?
Are we that important to you guys?

RANT ON WITHOUT POINT..... UR EVIL AGENDA HAS BEEN XPOSED LEAVING UR FLANK OPEN AND VENURABLE YET UR MUMUISM IS STILL PERSISTENT.... THERE IS NO LAND FOR U JAWS TO GRAB

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Noneroone(m): 12:48am On Apr 27, 2017
RobbStark:
Hw many of the Ogu Bolo peeps and even Opobo peeps answer Igbo names.

hw about the Kalabaris, Okrikans etc do.

Now if Port Harcourt or any state in the NDelta is Igbo, why wud Okoroacha say you guys shud stop developing Ph and return home.

Portharcourt is Igbo but okorocha is not Igbo

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by cheruv: 1:44am On Apr 27, 2017
Ekinematics:
Liepods trying so hard to claim Rivers by all means.
Even Ogu-bolo??
Evans Bipi must hear this.
That's how you Rukwo thieves can't remove your eyes from southern ukwa... Just look at how you've claimed ogu/bolo and its Igbo villages like the oil thieves you're... But it'd soon come to an end

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by cheruv: 1:53am On Apr 27, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Ogu is 100% Ijaw...

thank you
Nope...they're 80% Igbo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Pharaoh9(m): 1:56am On Apr 27, 2017
Opakan2:
One thing igbos should know is that no tribe will support them in their land grabbing plot..

Igbos are just one tribe out of over 300 so no how they will will dictate what SS people want or don't want.

The exact same thing that lead to the civil war is what we are seeing again.. Igbos thinking themselves superior to SS people
These people never learn

Everyone has equal right as far as democracy is concerned..
All the Osu and freeborn rubbish starts and ends in alaigbo

Go and read what lead to the civil war, you're an ignoramus

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by cheruv: 2:14am On Apr 27, 2017
YelloweWest:

I'm Ikwerre. I'm NOT Igbo!
Nope...you're Ijo... Kalabari to be precise cool
Ihuruohna is one of the tribes that constitute the Igbo Empire and any attempt to detach them would be met with resistance

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Ndiofe: 2:24am On Apr 27, 2017
cheruv:

Nope...they're 80% Igbo

care to explain how dey are 80% igbo? i thought they were okirika and is okirika igbo too?
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by CyrusTheGreat: 2:40am On Apr 27, 2017
Map of native language regions of Nigeria.

The village is in the Ijaw language sphere.

Igbo and Ijaw languages are close to one another so there is bound to be some sharing of words or names.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Pharaoh9(m): 3:09am On Apr 27, 2017
YelloweWest:
OK fine my ancestors were supposedly Igbo does that make me igbo especially when it comes to the issue of joining biafra?? HELL NO!

The slaves that left the shores of Africa 100s of year ago, does that make there descendants which are present day African Americans Africans?? Has any group of them or even one of them in present day dropped their American Nationality to pick up that of any African country??

Barack Obamas father was a Kenyan. Does that make Barack Kenyan??

Like I said, drop this history shìt. You can't move forward while looking at the rear mirror. Leave communities that not want to join biafra alone irrespective of their historical back ground. It's for your own good! Learn from the mistakes of the civil war!!!

You lack sense, you're trying to say Nigerians who now have US green card are no longer Nigerians just like Whole Soyinka who couldn't drop his US green card after betting to tear it if Trump wins,

Most African Americans are now carrying out DNA ancestry test to know their root, some adopt African names... go to YouTube and watch African Americans taking Igbo names in the naming ceremony and are proud, some have adopted other African countries as theirs, very soon that DNA ancestry test will be rampant and everybody will know where they belong

There are Igbos in the SE who don't want Biafra and it doesn't change the to another tribe,

If you think Obama is not a Kenyan because he is US citizen then I think you have a problem

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by IgboTyphoon: 3:21am On Apr 27, 2017
femolii:
Igbo people are senseless ogu people are from okrika not igbo,igbo have only 5 states so they should stop claiming rivers state.

Shettap
But Nzeogwu ( 100% Igbo man from asaba ) coup was an Igbo coup in which 100,000 Igbos were killed in the North bc of Nzeogwu abi??

Foolish thing

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by aribisala0(m): 3:41am On Apr 27, 2017
mordsith:

What are Yoruba people doing on this thread
Protecting their investments.

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Sexina851(f): 4:24am On Apr 27, 2017
folarinmiles:
Anywhere afta ondo state in the South is Igbo to me

Then you must be an ignoramus to me
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 5:20am On Apr 27, 2017
7. Isiukwa - Breadfruit

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 5:22am On Apr 27, 2017
femolii:
Igbo people are senseless ogu people are from okrika not igbo,igbo have only 5 states so they should stop claiming rivers state.
Stop exposing yourself on a public forum as this. They will think that you are suffering "identity lost" undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Adebowale89(m): 6:27am On Apr 27, 2017
grin grin grin

am not laughing because of their familiarity but am laughing because they don't want Yoruba in their thread but they talk talk without clue on what yoruba threads is all about

most igbos are clown cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Wife Tears South-East Governor Shirt In Public For Inviting Mistress - TheYesng / Hoodlums Block Oshiomhole’s House With Trucks / Soludo Demolishes Olulu Eke Deity In Ekwulobia, Anambra (Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.