Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names (49092 Views)

Rivers Women Prevented Soldiers From Entering Ogu/Bolo LGA Secretariat / Justice Chukwujieze Ogu Is Dead! Assassinated By Gunmen (Disturbing Photos) / List Of Towns And Villages In Abuja (FCT) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:02pm On Apr 26, 2017
YelloweWest:

You don't have to be insulting. I won't condensed to your level. We bare igbo names in our communities and between our people. That is indicative of our history with the Igbos. That dose not in any way mean we want to join biafra.
And yes biafra is a great fear to me because of the risks it poses. Eg claiming non willing communities as part of them.
As for the African American you claim want to know their root, you are right on that. But how many of them would want to drop their American Nationality and claim that of Africa where their ancestors came from??
That's the same way we from Rivers state would NEVER drop Niger Delta for biafra. NEVER!
Close your mouth...When do ijaws start claiming ikwere...The vice president of ohanaeze is an ikwere man...Please ijaws stop land grabing or....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Extrazee: 11:03pm On Apr 26, 2017
misano:

These Igbos should stop claiming other people's lands. Is this how they want 2 actualize Biafra. Na dream dem they. One Igbo guy was telling me that Edo is an Igbo state. Wat da f**k.
Liar! No one told you that.
Infact, we'd rather beg Cameroon to join us than add edo to Biafra.
Adding edo is tainting our bloodline.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by nuelsylves(m): 11:03pm On Apr 26, 2017
majekdom2:
Names and language alone don't define an ethnic group. Do they dress like Igbos, do they have special dishes that's similar to Igbo. What are the norms and values of these people, are they similar to that of Igbos. These are stuffs you should ask yourself. There is a community that speak yoruba and bear yoruba names in Brazil. Will it be fair to call them yorubas??

If names of persons and towns doesn't define people living in a particular area, what then defined them?

Talking about norms and values, go to these Igbo villages in Rivers you guys are calling non Igbos, their customs and traditions are the same as Igbos of the Southeast.

All these noise of "I'm Igbo and I'm not Igbo" from the Igbos of SouthSouth are the negative effects of Nigeria civil war.
Even some SouthEast Igbos denied being or identifying themselves as Igbos just to survive during and after the civil war.

How can you prove to me that a community with 90+% of Igbo names and languages including customs and traditions are not Igbos?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by YelloweWest: 11:04pm On Apr 26, 2017
Extrazee:

If you like, jump up and down, you're Igbo... Hahahaha!
When I speak central Igbo, you hear. When you speak, I catch some cos phrases cos it's your dialect.
At the end of the day, you're an Igboid group under Igbo.
I understand why your people disassociate themselves with igbos. While the other igbos are hard working people, the ikwerres are lazy and depend on government. That's why they vehemently deny being to Igbo.

If you like jump up and down I am a Nigerian not biafran! I speak English and French that does not make me British of French.
Biafrans are looking for fertile land and sea port in Rivers state. E no go work!

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:04pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ekinematics:

See this fool. You ibos and your stupidity again.
1st you are trying to drag Ogu-bolo a proper okrika lga to your ibo rubbish.
Now you are using your deluded brain to term a proper Rivers man like me yoruba.
Na so una go dey carry una mumu everywhere.
This is Igbo land...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Ikechukwuni6: 11:04pm On Apr 26, 2017
RobbStark:
Hw many of the Ogu Bolo peeps and even Opobo peeps answer Igbo names.

hw about the Kalabaris, Okrikans etc do.

Now if Port Harcourt or any state in the NDelta is Igbo, why wud Okoroacha say you guys shud stop developing Ph and return home.

Provide us evidence to back up that Ogu-bolo peeps are ijaws. Provide any statement from the community in question saying they are ijaws as we did when una question the ndokis.

Knowing the land thieves una be, we need evidence directly from the people

When una do that that's when we believe una. As far as I'm concerned those people aren't ijaws until proven otherwise.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by RobbStark(m): 11:05pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ekinematics:

See this fool. You ibos and your stupidity again.
1st you are trying to drag Ogu-bolo a proper okrika lga to your ibo rubbish.
Now you are using your deluded brain to term a proper Rivers man like me yoruba.
Na so una go dey carry una mumu everywhere.

Do not give that one a reply.
Soon they will open another thread and tell you Ogonis are Igbo.

I have never seen a people so desperate to have Rivers State as their own.
They once said "oyel" will dry up, now someone has said the rivers too will be dry up one day.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:05pm On Apr 26, 2017
YelloweWest:

If you like jump up and down I am a Nigerian not biafran! I speak English and French that does not make me British of French.
Biafrans are looking for fertile land and sea port. E no go work!
Ijaws man mind your self.. This is Igbo land.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:05pm On Apr 26, 2017
YelloweWest:

Biafrans are looking for fertile land and sea port. E no go work!
ijaw man mind your self.. This is Igbo land.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 26, 2017
YelloweWest:

You don't have to be insulting. I won't condensed to your level. We bare igbo names in our communities and between our people. That is indicative of our history with the Igbos. That dose not in any way mean we want to join biafra.
And yes biafra is a great fear to me because of the risks it poses. Eg claiming non willing communities as part of them.
As for the African American you claim want to know their root, you are right on that. But how many of them would want to drop their American Nationality and claim that of Africa where their ancestors came from??
That's the same way we from Rivers state would NEVER drop Niger Delta for biafra. NEVER!
I'm done schooling you,continue wallowing in your ignorance.You're reasoning is below par and it's a waste of my time trying to make you see things from the right perspective.
Sorry for my choice of words tho,I don't mean to be "insultive",I'm just very straightforward and like to say things as it is without mincing words.I hope you have a change of mindset in the nearest future.Goodnight dear kiss

3 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 26, 2017
nuelsylves:

If names of persons and towns doesn't define people living in a particular area, what then defined them?

Talking about norms and values, go to these Igbo villages in Rivers you guys are calling non Igbos, their customs and traditions are the same as Igbos of the Southeast.

All these noise of "I'm Igbo and I'm not Igbo" from the Igbos of SouthSouth are the negative effects of Nigeria civil war.
Even some SouthEast Igbos denied being or identifying themselves as Igbos just to survive during and immediately the civil war.

How can you prove to me that a community with 90+% of Igbo names and languages including customs and traditions are not Igbos?
have you lived in both regions. I have and @ bolded you are wrong. Their Norms and values totally differ... infact very obvious difference.

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Frankies(m): 11:06pm On Apr 26, 2017
majekdom2:
Ijaw... The language is no where Igbo and the kind ass their babes dey carry no be the kind igbo dey carry grin why Igbo dey claim everywhere. Dem dey claim Ikwerre too. Claim lagos. Always claiming where it seems green. Una don claim ihiala and okija finish? Na by force to be Igbo. Na wa oo grin

Sometimes I wish I was Igbo.They can be very dominant and confident.

You don't know the history of Ikwerre.You could not have doubted they are Igbos.

Well ,as said earlier, everyone has the right to claim his preferred origin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Extrazee: 11:06pm On Apr 26, 2017
majekdom2:
that a sect speak Igbo dialect does not make them IGBO. Language is not an only factor.
You forgot to add similar traditions. The ijaws married igbos and decided to take their names? That means Igbo women are really strong and domineering.
Making people to forfeit their names and answers theirs.
Try a better tactics.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by YelloweWest: 11:06pm On Apr 26, 2017
Extrazee:

I guess Igbos colonised the people of rivers, that's why they bear Igbo names.
Until you give a tangible reason why some rivers indigenes bear Igbo names, Igbos and every other Nigerian will continue to see you guys as igbos, except when they want to play politics.
Stop bearing Igbo names and people will take your people serious.
Make no mistake I never said we are not Igbo migrantes.
But as of today we are no longer igbo. It's just part of our history.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by RobbStark(m): 11:07pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ikechukwuni6:

Provide us evidence to back up that Ogu-bolo peeps are ijaws. Provide any statement from the community in question saying they are ijaws as we did when una question the ndokis.

Knowing the land thieves una be, we need evidence directly from the people

When una do that that's when we believe una. As far as I'm concerned those people aren't ijaws until proven otherwise.

Jus tell me the language they speak and the name they call their king then I will provide you wit proof that they are actually Ijaws and not Igbo
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by lezz(m): 11:07pm On Apr 26, 2017
YelloweWest:

Fine I agree Igbo denial came after the civil war. We want to maintain it that way. The only constant in life is change .

So we have changed. We are no longer igbo.

Are u satisfied now?? Or do I want to force me to be Igbo??

[
majekdom2:
Yes, Tobi is yoruba. My point is, the Igbos are not to say which ethnic community is theirs or not. On records, ikewere and ijaws are not Igbo. It's there in the law. Just as it was with Russia and some part of Ukraine. Fight for the"igbo nation" that's in the law not try to claim people into your cause
who's talking about Biafra? Please slay the Biafran dragon tormenting your thought process. I speak not of Biafra.

I have long since suspected you guys have a phobia for anything Biafra.

And your fears just managed to spill out of your last posts. I have not Biafra in my mind when I state my mind here.

Even if Igbos in Rivers claim their Igbo heritage, they can still opt out of Biafra movement if they so wish.

Denying your heritage and history is bad for the posterity of your children. It is worse than what Europeans did to the entire Africa.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by twinke209(m): 11:08pm On Apr 26, 2017
mordsith:
As obtained from the local government and link below

please give your opinion on the question

http://nigeriazipcodes.com/4361/list-of-towns-and-villages-in-ogubolo-lga/

List of Towns and Villages in Ogu/Bolo LGA
1. Adiai – Obiofu

2. Agwe

3. Amuajie

4. Ase – Imonita

5. Ase-Azaga

6. Isara

7. Isiukwa

8. Ndoni

9. Oboaso

10. Odugili

11. Ogbeogene

12. Ogu

13. Oniku

14. Owajinobia

15. Ugbaja

16. Umuigwe

17. Umuorieke

18. Utu

number 16 caught my attention

Please help translate the town names

I can't speak igbo
You should better get your facts right before posting here.Point of correction 4,5,8 are located in ogba egbema ndoni lga(ONELGA) n they speak igbo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:08pm On Apr 26, 2017
RobbStark:

Do not give that one a reply.
Soon they will open another thread and tell you Ogonis are Igbo.

I have never seen a people so desperate to have Rivers State as their own.
They once said "oyel" will dry up, now someone has said the rivers too will be dry up one day.
This is Igbo land...If you don't like ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Ikechukwuni6: 11:08pm On Apr 26, 2017
Extrazee:

If you like, jump up and down, you're Igbo... Hahahaha!
When I speak central Igbo, you hear. When you speak, I catch some cos phrases cos it's your dialect.
At the end of the day, you're an Igboid group under Igbo.
I understand why your people disassociate themselves with igbos. While the other igbos are hard working people, the ikwerres are lazy and depend on government. That's why they vehemently deny being to Igbo.

He's not Ikwerre but ijaw. The dude morphed to Ikwerre/ijaw mixed when caught on closing two ethnicity.
The dude is 100% ijaw attache by force to ikwerre

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Kingdolo(m): 11:08pm On Apr 26, 2017
No community in Rivers is igbo. In fact don't ever tell an ogu-bolo man he/she is igbo ,else you receive better beating.

5 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 26, 2017
The name Umuigwe sounds Igbo to me. Igbo e sika!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by stanisbaratheon: 11:09pm On Apr 26, 2017
Addicted2Women:

We don't give a flying fucck if they're igbo, Hausa or Afghanistan

If you ask them if Rivers state is igbo state, they wil get angry and warn you not to call them igbos

Meanwhile those dumb fuccks answer igbo names such as Amechi, Chibuike, Nwike, Nnanna, Ngozi

Now tell me the meaning of those names

We don't want them in our igbo states, they should join the Fulani herdsmen if they want

I urge you to do well and ask some south Americans why they bear English names since they are not English.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 26, 2017
The way you ibos are going is very shameful.
Tomorrow I'll see another thread here claiming Akuku-Toru, Asari-Toru, Degema, Abua/Odual, the Engenes and even the Ogonis as Ibos.
These Ibos are just pathetic.
Evans Bipi come oo, these Ibos are saying you are an Ibo man. Where is TonyeBarcanista, these ibos are extending their nonsense to Okrika.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 26, 2017
lezz:

[ who's talking about Biafra? Please slay the Biafran dragon tormenting your thought process. I speak not of Biafra.

And your fears just managed to spill out of your last posts. I have not Biafra in my mind when I state my mind here.

Even if Igbos in Rivers claim their Igbo heritage, they can still opt out of Biafra movement if they so wish.

Denying your heritage and history is bad for posterity of your children. It is worse than what Europeans did to the entire Africa.
who heritage epp?? See if Igbo na America, na ikwerre go claim Igbo not the otherwise. Make Igbo be that nation to be claimed not one that claims.... shikena. Na today wey pikin dey disfather hin papa. Dey dere.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:10pm On Apr 26, 2017
YelloweWest:
Make no mistake I never said we are not Igbo migrantes. But as of today we are no longer igbo. It's just part of our history.
Dude respond to me or are you a coward...I will school you on Igbo history..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 26, 2017
Extrazee:

You forgot to add similar traditions. The ijaws married igbos and decided to take their names? That means Igbo women are really strong and domineering.
Making people to forfeit their names and answers theirs.

Try a better tactics.
indeed. Good to know.

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by YelloweWest: 11:11pm On Apr 26, 2017
lezz:

[ who's talking about Biafra? Please slay the Biafran dragon tormenting your thought process. I speak not of Biafra.

Denying your heritage and history is bad for the posterity of your children. It is worse than what Europeans did to the entire Africa.

Whether biafra or not. We are not Igbo or at least we are no longer igbo. Finito.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by lezz(m): 11:11pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ikechukwuni6:

Dude none of us are aware if ogu-bolo truly are ijaws. Did you see any ijaws provide any evidence to back up their claim..

If you have been in this forum long enough, you would known that is how ijaws are. They did the same exact thing during discussion about ndoki and egbema. Literally even when people quoted the community in question, they still till this very day maintains those people are them. Recall few weeks ago the urhobo actually had a protest over ijaws claiming one of their territory.

Like I said before, believe ijaws claim of any land with a grain of salt.

The Ogu-obolo could well be igbo or even after ethnic group that is neither igbo or ijaws until proven otherwise..
I can't understand how this debate snowballed into the argument of ijaw settlement.

My concern are of igbo-speaking people in Rivers who bear Igbo names and whose villages and communities are Igbo in name too.

4 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:12pm On Apr 26, 2017
RobbStark:

Jus tell me the language they speak and the name they call their king then I will provide you wit proof that they are actually Ijaws and not Igbo
Again this is Igbo land.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by nuelsylves(m): 11:12pm On Apr 26, 2017
majekdom2:
have you lived in both regions. I have and @ bolded you are wrong. Their Norms and values totally differ... infact very obvious difference.

Lol! I'm living in Afghanistan

What you're saying is just like saying an Nsukka man is not an Igbo.

4 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by YelloweWest: 11:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
ifeanyiAdemola:

Dude respond to me or are you a coward...I will school you on Igbo history..
tongue
Guess what, I don't give a flying fùck about your deluded history.
I get am before no be property!

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Ikechukwuni6: 11:14pm On Apr 26, 2017
RobbStark:

I should tell you what language they speak and names of their kings before you provide us evidence to support your claim of them being Ijaws grin grin grin grin.

When you ijaws,were claiming Egbema did igbos ask una to provide their language and kings name before showing evidence from the community staying they are igbo? Likewise when una claimed Ndoki, did igbo have to ask unnecessary proof before providing evidence from the community saying they are igbo.

Now for you guys to give us evidence that this people truly are ijaws and not another of una land grabbing, you asking for language and kings name before giving us straight statement from the ppl saying they are ijaws. Imagine!!!

You people couldn't even see the error of ops statement about the community in question despite claiming them. A freaking Ndoni had to do it for una.

I repeat the Ogu-obolo are NOT ijaws until proven otherwise!!! Provide ONE singular evidence from the community in question and then I'll believe una

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Governor Ihedioha Surrenders Himself To Be Searched At the Airport (Photo) / Why Senators Didn’t Grill Wike — Akpabio / Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.