Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names (49090 Views)

Rivers Women Prevented Soldiers From Entering Ogu/Bolo LGA Secretariat / Justice Chukwujieze Ogu Is Dead! Assassinated By Gunmen (Disturbing Photos) / List Of Towns And Villages In Abuja (FCT) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:14pm On Apr 26, 2017
Kingdolo:
No community in Rivers is igbo. In fact don't ever tell an ogu-bolo man he/she is igbo ,else you receive better beating.
so the etches,ndonis and ikweres aren't Igbo..Joke of the century..This is Igbo land

3 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 26, 2017
Frankies:

Sometimes I wish I am Igbo.They can be very dominant and confident.

You don't know the history of Ikwerre.You could not have doubted they are Igbos.

Well ,as said earlier, everyone has the right to claim his preferred origin.
Sadly, it has taken them no where because the are always confident and dominant over another's man possession, inheritance, heritage and whatever as it may be. Put simply, they are covetous. Aren't they the same ones that claim lagos is no man's land yet they are bringing Map showing Igbo land. What do you call that??
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:16pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ekinematics:
The way you ibos are going is very shameful.
Tomorrow I'll see another thread here claiming Akuku-Toru, Asari-Toru, Degema, Abua/Odual, the Engenes and even the Ogonis as Ibos.
These Ibos are just pathetic.
Evans Bipi come oo, these Ibos are saying you are an Ibo man. Where is TonyeBarcanista, these ibos are extending their nonsense to Okrika.
This is Igbo land..If you don't like it...Do the needfull

2 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 26, 2017
ifeanyiAdemola:

Again this is Igbo land.

That is iboland in your deluded ibotic skull.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:17pm On Apr 26, 2017
majekdom2:
Sadly, it has taken them no where because the are always confident and dominant over another's man possession, inheritance, heritage and whatever as it may be. Put simply, they are covetous. Aren't they the same ones that claim lagos is no man's land yet they are bringing Map showing Igbo land. What do you call that??
This is Igbo land..Thank you

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 26, 2017
nuelsylves:

Lol! I'm living in Afghanistan

What you're saying is just like saying an Nsukka man is not an Igbo.
Nsukka is in Enugu- south east, that's Igbo. Ikwerre is in Rivers- south south. Oga it is well defined. Thats the Nigerian system and what we are working with. Ikwerre's tradition is totally different from Igbo. Does any tribe in Igbo forbid sex on bare floor? grin
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:19pm On Apr 26, 2017
YelloweWest:
tongue Guess what, I don't give a flying fùck about your deluded history. I get am before no be property!
You can tell Wikipedia to change the map..You this ijaw boy.

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:20pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ikechukwuni6:

I should tell you what language they speak and names of their kings before you provide us evidence to support your claim of them being Ijaws grin grin grin grin.

When you ijaws,were claiming Egbema did igbos ask una to provide their language and kings name before showing evidence from the community starating they are igbo? Likewise when una claimed Ndoki, did igbo have to ask unnecessary proof before providing evidence from the community saging they are igbo.

Now for you guys to give us evidence that this people truly are ijaws and not another of una land grabbing, you asking for language and kings name before giving us straight statement from the ppl saying they are ijaws. Imagine!!!

You people couldn't even see the error of ops statement about the community in question despite claiming them. A freaking Ndoni had to do it for una.

I repeat the Ogu-obolo are NOT ijaws until proven otherwise!!! Provide ONE singular evidence from the community in question and then I'll believe una
Ijaws are the worst land grabbers in the world..

4 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Ikechukwuni6: 11:20pm On Apr 26, 2017
lezz:
I can't understand how this debate snowballed into the argument of ijaw settlement.

My concern are of igbo-speaking people in Rivers who bear Igbo names and whose villages and communities are Igbo in name too.

Because ijaws have been claiming igbo territories in Rivers state even with the community pushing them off.

Likewise they've been doing the same thing to other tribes that had the mistake of allowing ijaws back their rusty boat in their lands.

Therefore, As a land thieves, you'll always ready to fight for the land you are stealing.

The bold is my concern as well. I need evidence from ijaws that this people are ijaws and not another of their land grabbing attempt before I mark them off as ijaw.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by lezz(m): 11:21pm On Apr 26, 2017
YelloweWest:

Whether biafra or not. We are not Igbo or at least we are no longer igbo. Finito.
You can't say you're not Igbo. Igbo is a group of people identified by language.

Not by geographical location or political affiliation.

The watchword is LANGUAGE!

Let me paint a picture for you: supposing you an your father were in Lagos and conversing in your language and a stranger identifies you as Igbo by the LANGUAGE you speak, how silly will it look explaining you're not Igbo but you and your daddy speak the language as the only cultural language of identification!

You're very emotional and very smart too.

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:21pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ekinematics:

That is iboland in your deluded ibotic skull.
You can tell Wikipedia to change the map morra-fucker

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by willibounce1(m): 11:22pm On Apr 26, 2017
Brownbarbie97:
Why do people just show their insecurities and agressive nature on this forum??someone asked a simple question and instead of yall to answer him and back it up with facts yall resulted into insults.The op might not even be Igbo to begin with yet yall started insulting a tribe and calling us names??
Answer the goddam question or stfu.
Y'all should visit quora or Reddit and see how civilized people debate and answer questions.This is why we are where we are today.fools angry

Phuck quora and reddit. This is NL. We don't tolerate shiiii from liars.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 26, 2017
2point5:
All those villages listed are in Ndoni axis of Onelga, Rivers State. They speak Ndokwa/Ndoni and are one and the same with Ndokwa people in Delta State, as they have been shared between Delta and Rivers State.

We are igboid, from the Niger Delta. So if yhu call us igbos, yhu r correct, if yhu say we are not, yhu r also correct. I personally don't have an issue with being igbo, don't just force it and tell me how we migrated from nri or warefa

Barcanista, I am surprised you don't even know the villages in ogu/bolo as yhu couldn't point out the mistake but throw "we are ijaws mantra again", are you sure you are from okrika sef?

What is your native name?

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:24pm On Apr 26, 2017
majekdom2:
Nsukka is in Enugu- south east, that's Igbo. Ikwerre is in Rivers- south south. Oga it is well defined. Thats the Nigerian system and what we are working with. Ikwerre's tradition is totally different from Igbo. Does any tribe in Igbo forbid sex on bare floor? grin
Igbo land down below..Thank you

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Extrazee: 11:24pm On Apr 26, 2017
YelloweWest:

If you like jump up and down I am a Nigerian not biafran! I speak English and French that does not make me British of French.
Biafrans are looking for fertile land and sea port in Rivers state. E no go work!
If Biafra is given their freedom, their lands will be given to them. If you refuse to be part of them, you evacuate their land or join them by force.
Ask the Nigerians living in Bakassi what they're going through. Whether they like it or not, they're Cameroonians now, unless it states otherwise.
You have no choice.

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Ikechukwuni6: 11:25pm On Apr 26, 2017
ifeanyiAdemola:

Ijaws are the worst land grabbers in the world..

Truly are. I've yet to meet any that have surpassed them excluding fulani and white people

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ikechukwuni6:

I should tell you what language they speak and names of their kings before you provide us evidence to support your claim of them being Ijaws grin grin grin grin.

When you ijaws,were claiming Egbema did igbos ask una to provide their language and kings name before showing evidence from the community staying they are igbo? Likewise when una claimed Ndoki, did igbo have to ask unnecessary proof before providing evidence from the community saying they are igbo.

Now for you guys to give us evidence that this people truly are ijaws and not another of una land grabbing, you asking for language and kings name before giving us straight statement from the ppl saying they are ijaws. Imagine!!!

You people couldn't even see the error of ops statement about the community in question despite claiming them. A freaking Ndoni had to do it for una.

I repeat the Ogu-obolo are NOT ijaws until proven otherwise!!! Provide ONE singular evidence from the community in question and then I'll believe una

I repeat your brain is malfunctioning until proven otherwise.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:26pm On Apr 26, 2017
willibounce1:

Phuck quora and reddit. This is NL. We don't tolerate shiiii from liars.
This is Igbo land..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Iskander2: 11:26pm On Apr 26, 2017
YelloweWest:

Whether biafra or not. We are not Igbo or at least we are no longer igbo. Finito.

U ARE SIMPLY NAIVE OR WORST STILL DELUDED

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by YelloweWest: 11:27pm On Apr 26, 2017
lezz:
You can't say you're not Igbo. Igbo is a group of people identified by language.

Not by geographical location or political affiliation.

Let me paint a picture for you: supposing you an your father were in Lagos and conversing in your language and a stranger identifies you as Igbo by the LANGUAGE you speak, how silly will it look explaining you're not Igbo but you and your daddy speak the language as the only cultural language of identification!

You're very emotional and very smart too.
English is a group identified by language not by geological location or political affiliation.

Let me paint a picture for you: supposing you an your father were in Lagos and conversing in your language and a stranger identifies you as English by the LANGUAGE you speak, how silly will it look explaining you're not English but you and your daddy speak the language as the only cultural language of identification!

Do your own words make any sense?? Talk true make devil shame
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by ifeanyiAdemola: 11:27pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ikechukwuni6:

Truly are. I've yet to meet any that have surpassed them excluding fulani and white people
I swear..Bunch of bleeped up land grabbers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by lezz(m): 11:28pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ikechukwuni6:

Because ijaws have been claiming igbo territories in Rivers state even with the community pushing them off.

Likewise they've been doing the same thing to other tribes that had the mistake of allowing ijaws back their rusty boat in their lands.

Therefore, As a land thieves, you'll always ready to fight for the land you are stealing.

The bold is my concern as well. I need evidence from ijaws that this people are ijaws and not another of their land grabbing attempt before I mark them off as ijaw.

Ijaw has always claimed all costal cities in southern Nigeria, from Anambra to Ogun. But that is another matter entirely.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Extrazee: 11:29pm On Apr 26, 2017
majekdom2:
indeed. Good to know.
Oh! You agree? O boy shame no dey catch you?

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 26, 2017
ifeanyiAdemola:

You can tell Wikipedia to change the map morra-fucker

See mumu. With as little as 5 dollars you can put whatever you like on Wikipedia. So go get a life. grin

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by odduduwa: 11:30pm On Apr 26, 2017
majekdom2:
I have an English name, does that make me briton?
were u born rpeamung English as your indigenous language ? u borrowed it so those people were born speaking Igbo Yoruba face west

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by YelloweWest: 11:30pm On Apr 26, 2017
Extrazee:

If Biafra is given their freedom, their lands will be given to them. If you refuse to be part of them, you evacuate their land or join them by force.
Ask the Nigerians living in Bakassi what they're going through. Whether they like it or not, they're Cameroonians now, unless it states otherwise.
You have no choice.

Hahahahaha eat my shìt! Biafra my asś!
That's the same way hausa are telling you guys to evacuate from Nigeria Since you are not Nigerians. A rant nonsense!

If biafra will come to be there will be a referendum. We will vote!
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Extrazee: 11:32pm On Apr 26, 2017
majekdom2:
Every Igboid group has different taboos. They ain't all the same.
Apart from Awka, no other Igboid group sees killing a monkey as a taboo.
So, try again.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by 2point5: 11:34pm On Apr 26, 2017
YelloweWest:

Ndoni in Ogu Bolo and ndoni community here odili is from are not the same

You mean Ogu/bolo has Ndoni too? Where do all these clowns pop up from? You're certainly not from Rivers State or any of her neighbouring states for that matter.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Ikechukwuni6: 11:34pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ekinematics:

I repeat your brain is malfunctioning until proven otherwise.

Is that the evidence.

Land grabbing thieves.

From Ndoki to Egbema to Ibeno to Okomu to udu to gelegele, etc.

You've fought with iteskiri, bini, urhobo, Ikwerre, igbo, ibibios, illaje, Ogoni both either online or offline over land. Only una. Tufiakwa.

Land grabbing thieves. Like I said and I'll repeat earlier...since una have yet to provide one evidence to support that Ogu-bolo people are ijaws. I'm marking off as ijaws usual land grabbing attempt.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Kingdolo(m): 11:34pm On Apr 26, 2017
ifeanyiAdemola:

I swear..Bunch of bleeped up land grabbers.
Y'all better start developing your states, so you can be proud of where you are from .

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by odduduwa: 11:34pm On Apr 26, 2017
majekdom2:
There is a community in delta and edo state that speak a language similar to yoruba. Do we say they are yoruba?? We follow Maps, geographical and historical data not names and languages! Simple
who gave u the map Gowon abi white some times Yoruba's need to go church their brains are something else what happened to culture the only yardstick to identity

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by lezz(m): 11:35pm On Apr 26, 2017
YelloweWest:

English is a group identified by language not by geological location or political affiliation.

Let me paint a picture for you: supposing you an your father were in Lagos and conversing in your language and a stranger identifies you as English by the LANGUAGE you speak, how silly will it look explaining you're not English but you and your daddy speak the language as the only cultural language of identification!

Do your own words make any sense?? Talk true make devil shame

Before English became a global language spoken by people of different races and cultures, it was spoken by a group of people known as Englishman or Englishwoman indicating a man or woman native to England!

You many need to consult your dictionary here.

Igbo as a language and people is still limited to the native inhabitants who speak it as their first language of identity.

Bwahahaha!

You tried but logic is deep.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? / President Buhari Meets With Igbo Leaders In Aso Rock (Photos) / Governor Ihedioha Surrenders Himself To Be Searched At the Airport (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.