Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,407 members, 7,836,640 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship - Jobs/Vacancies (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship (301331 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes 2017 - Apply Now / Niger Delta Development Commission NDDC Foreign Msc And Phd Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Knightcrawler1: 5:54pm On Sep 01, 2017
The MD keeps complaining of Scholars changing courses, Schools and some still being in Nigeria after being paid and how he wants to change that , yet his agency still goes ahead to delay the list beyond any possible early start date for students... someone tell the MD that you can't repeat the same things and expect a different results.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by divinehand2003(m): 6:37pm On Sep 01, 2017
NDDC is not prepared for the scholarship scheme. Maybe funds have not been released. Maybe the list needs to be reviewed a million times.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by xenaaa: 11:52am On Sep 02, 2017
Knightcrawler1:
The MD keeps complaining of Scholars changing courses, Schools and some still being in Nigeria after being paid and how he wants to change that , yet his agency still goes ahead to delay the list beyond any possible early start date for students... someone tell the MD that you can't repeat the same things and expect a different results.

Well lets say that's the case, how do such changes affect anything?.... The award is a fixed amount, why not pay the darn tuition you awarded, to the university and pay whatever balance is left to the student? How does it take over a year to resolve these "discrepancies" or the commission doesn't have enough personnel? ..tbh, that was one flimsy excuse from the MD.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Jaybadestboy: 2:02pm On Sep 02, 2017
I'm already given up on the whole thing. When it comes it comes. I'll consider deferring my admission
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by GloUlor(f): 4:40am On Sep 04, 2017
niyogeol:
Did you get the interview invite?
Nopez dearie
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 04, 2017
I heard they might be changing the NDDC board next month, who else heard the info?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by BRAINNY(m): 10:55am On Sep 04, 2017
agongajoseph:
I heard they might be changing the NDDC board next month, who else heard the info?

They have a four year tenure. I haven't heard anything yet.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 04, 2017
BRAINNY:

They have a four year tenure. I haven't heard anything yet.
yes it is a four year thing but it's like dey want to fling them out
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by BRAINNY(m): 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2017
agongajoseph:

I think it's gonna be better for "The list" to be premièred before they get butted out.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 04, 2017
BRAINNY:

I think it's gonna be better for "The list" to be premièred before they get butted out.
well am a PhD 2015 scholar, all I need is my 2nd and 3rd year tuition n upkeep plus my 500k takeoff grant. Nsima Ekere is d worse MD
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by pantyboy: 6:34pm On Sep 04, 2017
Chai NDDC.......this agency is something else. How will they now pay the 2017 set when they still have a backlog of huge outstanding payments. Unbelievable.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by pantyboy: 6:38pm On Sep 04, 2017
pantyboy:
Chai NDDC.......this agency is something else. How will they now pay the 2017 set when they still have a backlog of huge outstanding payments. You will be so shocked that nddc will eventually release the list and abandon the intending scholars to their fate and come 2018 another round of scholarship exams/ interviews will be conducted. Unbelievable. Nddc management and board are simply thieves!
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by shophut(m): 9:02pm On Sep 04, 2017
Not any time soon. He still has another 2 years left. This accumulation in payments didn't start with Nsima Ekere's tenure. It all started when Mrs. Ibim Semenitari was the MD of NDDC. So nobody should blame Nsima Ekere.

agongajoseph:
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Jaybadestboy: 8:39am On Sep 05, 2017
agongajoseph:
well am a PhD 2015 scholar, all I need is my 2nd and 3rd year tuition n upkeep plus my 500k takeoff grant. Nsima Ekere is d worse MD

This is sad! How do you cope? Do u pay your tuttion fees all by yourself?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 05, 2017
Jaybadestboy:

This is sad! How do you cope? Do u pay your tuttion fees all by yourself?
am in Russia, my fee is not too expensive, I pity my UK/US colleagues....but upkeep isnt easy, cos here in Russia it's illegal to work n earn an income for foriegn students.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Jaybadestboy: 1:53pm On Sep 05, 2017
agongajoseph:
am in Russia, my fee is not too expensive, I pity my UK/US colleagues....but upkeep isnt easy, cos here in Russia it's illegal to work n earn an income for foriegn students.

Don't worry Bro, God's got you

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 05, 2017
Jaybadestboy:

Don't worry Bro, God's got you
Amen
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Mayflowa(m): 6:30pm On Sep 05, 2017
agongajoseph:

I am in US. Like you, nddc now owes 2nd and 3rd tuition. I do not wanna talk about the sufferings and humiliations. How nddc expect anyone to live outside Nigeria without finance, I don't know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by divinehand2003(m): 10:52pm On Sep 05, 2017
NDDC has serious issues. Hope these issues are addressed soon enough. You can imagine what those students are passing through overseas. It's no joke at all. How will they concentrate on their studies and do well without financial support as promised by NDDC?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 2:16am On Sep 06, 2017
Mayflowa:

I am in US. Like you, nddc now owes 2nd and 3rd tuition. I do not wanna talk about the sufferings and humiliations. How nddc expect anyone to live outside Nigeria without finance, I don't know.
have u been added to the unpaid scholar's watsapp grp? Have u filled ur details into d spreadsheet on dropbox?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 06, 2017
Mayflowa:

are you a 2015 scholar?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Jaybadestboy: 4:17pm On Sep 06, 2017
Mayflowa:

I'm intending to study in the US too but I'm not so sure now ,even if I get the nddc scholarship
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Donmatlock: 5:40pm On Sep 06, 2017
Comrades, can we all agree to do a social media campaign on a particular day with two or three hastags?
We tag some influencers and media handles so that this issue of NDDC results and payment delay can go viral until something done?
If we keep quiet and chat here nothing will happen.
Can we agree?

Twitter and facebook?
#nddc #nddcoss

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Synger: 9:38pm On Sep 06, 2017
Friends, it is very shameful NDDC has been monumentally inefficient, and her delays has destabilized the plans of many! While we can conveniently blame them, I would not advise PROSPECTIVE scholars to act as though we are scholars already. In the strict sense of it, NDDC may not be answerable to us at this stage, but that does not in any way justify this delay. My Advice: wait patiently and if successful, you would have the RIGHT to fight for it. I make these submission because of the following
1. In 2015 and 2016, the scholars where communicated in the 2nd and 4th week of September, respectively! This tells me, NDDC does not care about the start date of our course. Personally, I was a beneficiary in 2015 and had to get another admission for January to utilise the award. They are known for delays in all they do.

2. The PhD scholars for 2015 above (same set as myself) are truly stranded and struggling to get their funds! Methinks, this is a strong indication all is not well with NDDC, especially when one considers the fact that they are SCHOLARS already. Not to talk of people who are still yet to be given award. NDDC has the right to suspend this year's award and the applicants would not be notified. Atleast, that's the "standard practice" in this country! Feeling ashamed! The onl

3. A serious candidate who really yearns for this award, should have understudied the modus operandus of NDDC so they don't get unnecessarily worried. I say this not with the intention to be provocative, but to make us understand how terrible the state of things are. In 2015, when I got the award, we where paid after 8 months for a 12 months MSc (I was very lucky because some persons own took longer).

While the above statements may not be a good news, it should at least make us get a clear picture of what to fight for and what not to exert our energy on. Just to be clear, I also applied and my Uni resumes in 2 weeks time and I feel terrible about the delay. But, I don't know if I made the list but prays everyday I do make it whenever it is released.

I think we should be open to information from a few privileged persons here; that could be helpful---atleast for planning purpose. The history of the award also tells me, they are not bent on improving irrespective of political leadership as evident in delays in from late release of scholars list and unpardonable delayed payment of scholars entitlements.

Concluding, let's be patient and make the list while hoping this avoidable delay would translate to improvements in the scheme. Sincere apologies if any aspect of my thoughts tramples on the sensibility of anyone.

4 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by divinehand2003(m): 11:16pm On Sep 06, 2017
Well said @ Synger
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by BRAINNY(m): 11:19pm On Sep 06, 2017
Synger:
Friends, it is very shameful NDDC has been monumentally inefficient, and her delays has destabilized the plans of many! While we can conveniently blame them, I would not advise PROSPECTIVE scholars to act as though we are scholars already. In the strict sense of it, NDDC may not be answerable to us at this stage, but that does not in any way justify this delay. My Advice: wait patiently and if successful, you would have the RIGHT to fight for it. I make these submission because of the following
1. In 2015 and 2016, the scholars where communicated in the 2nd and 4th week of September, respectively! This tells me, NDDC does not care about the start date of our course. Personally, I was a beneficiary in 2015 and had to get another admission for January to utilise the award. They are known for delays in all they do.

2. The PhD scholars for 2015 above (same set as myself) are truly stranded and struggling to get their funds! Methinks, this is a strong indication all is not well with NDDC, especially when one considers the fact that they are SCHOLARS already. Not to talk of people who are still yet to be given award. NDDC has the right to suspend this year's award and the applicants would not be notified. Atleast, that's the "standard practice" in this country! Feeling ashamed! The onl

3. A serious candidate who really yearns for this award, should have understudied the modus operandus of NDDC so they don't get unnecessarily worried. I say this not with the intention to be provocative, but to make us understand how terrible the state of things are. In 2015, when I got the award, we where paid after 8 months for a 12 months MSc (I was very lucky because some persons own took longer).

While the above statements may not be a good news, it should at least make us get a clear picture of what to fight for and what not to exert our energy on. Just to be clear, I also applied and my Uni resumes in 2 weeks time and I feel terrible about the delay. But, I don't know if I made the list but prays everyday I do make it whenever it is released.

I think we should be open to information from a few privileged persons here; that could be helpful---atleast for planning purpose. The history of the award also tells me, they are not bent on improving irrespective of political leadership as evident in delays in from late release of scholars list and unpardonable delayed payment of scholars entitlements.

Concluding, let's be patient and make the list while hoping this avoidable delay would translate to improvements in the scheme. Sincere apologies if any aspect of my thoughts tramples on the sensibility of anyone.

Quite insightful! It crossed my mind that the new MD may just be trying to improve the scheme.
Now that PTDF has released her list, let's hope NDDC would do same. Btw, I learnt a proposed meeting was schelluded today, any one with an update0?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 1:57am On Sep 07, 2017
BRAINNY:

Quite insightful! It crossed my mind that the new MD may just be trying to improve the scheme.
Now that PTDF has released her list, let's hope NDDC would do same. Btw, I learnt a proposed meeting was schelluded today, any one with an update0?
Improve which scheme Lol
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Alicella(f): 6:22am On Sep 07, 2017
Congratulations 1stPolymath, you got the PTDF Scholarship.
1stPolymath:
But there's no score on the list, just names

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (105) (Reply)

2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates / Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.