Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship - Jobs/Vacancies (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship (300451 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes 2017 - Apply Now / Niger Delta Development Commission NDDC Foreign Msc And Phd Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Ovywils: 10:56pm On Sep 08, 2017
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Ovywils: 10:58pm On Sep 08, 2017
Knightcrawler1:

You had to insult someone huh? It appears you are praying for the 2017 list not to be released..my brother you cannot stop another man's shine. Quote me " you won't be paid until the 2017 list is released"...say whatever you want.
Lol
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 11:14pm On Sep 08, 2017
viewingthistopic:

Good Riddance To Bad Rubbish(NDDC). We must continue to demand for accountability from NDDC. There has been no communication as though it is ran by darkness. Can NDDC management subject their love ones to this ill treatment of waiting aimlessly when schools are already resuming?If it has been happening so then it should change.

2017 Scholars Shine your eyes and demand accountability before u depart for studies else ur funds may be misappropraited like the previous yrs and scholars will be left hanging. Its either the scheme is well administered or completely ended cos human lives cannot be abandoned like some construction projects.
How does NDDC expect scholars to travel for studies without mobilization being paid for that. Is the scholarship for the rich who can as well fund themselves?

Everything must be completed, well crafted before leaving the shores of this country.

While we are in total solidarity with previous scholars who are yet to be paid, we must ensure that such doesn't occur in the 2017 batch. Again as from next week, all these will be well crafted and passed across to the house.

We must let them know how things are done, with best practices factored in. We are scholars and this gives us a comparative advantage at the level of common sense over them.

Knowledge will forever govern ignorance.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 11:15pm On Sep 08, 2017
Our patience is being exploited. Indeed the patient dog really dies just like 2015 scholars were patient reading that article.Being A Scholar is honourable and noble and it shld b maintained so no matter what.

I wonder why NDDC would be financially incompetent in maintaining a scholarship scheme that is more of a financial grant as the $30K yearly pay is no longer sufficient with increasing tuition and living cost yearly.

Now IOC's are developing cold feet with their interest in social community responsibility cos 3% of their annual profit is for NDDC,yet nothing substantial on ground to show for it even running scholarship is rocket science for NDDC. Recently NDDC said the FG owes it #1.8trn as contribution for 17yrs and Shell says it has remitted $31bn to NDDC.We can all reason the remittance by d rest IOCs.
It pains me as a Niger Deltan to see these and most of us including my humble self is guilty for not demanding for accountability.
"we dey inside water dey cry say soap dey enter our eyes"
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 11:36pm On Sep 08, 2017
viewingthistopic:
Our patience is being exploited. Indeed the patient dog really dies just like 2015 scholars were patient reading that article.Being A Scholar is honourable and noble and it shld b maintained so no matter what.

I wonder why NDDC would be financially incompetent in maintaining a scholarship scheme that is more of a financial grant as the $30K yearly pay is no longer sufficient with increasing tuition and living cost yearly.

Now IOC's are developing cold feet with their interest in social community responsibility cos 3% of their annual profit is for NDDC,yet nothing substantial on ground to show for it even running scholarship is rocket science for NDDC. Recently NDDC said the FG owes it #1.8trn as contribution for 17yrs and Shell says it has remitted $31bn to NDDC.We can all reason the remittance by d rest IOCs.
It pains me as a Niger Deltan to see these and most of us including my humble self is guilty for not demanding for accountability.
"we dey inside water dey cry say soap dey enter our eyes"

$31bn. Just imagine.

If this is how the NDDC is has been doing it, we will make sure they do it differently this time and they must attend to all outstandings including those of 2015 and 16. If we do not draw the red line now, it will form a trend which of course is a bad habit.

Its really sad to get fellow scholars stranded in another man's land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by innocentoh(m): 1:21pm On Sep 09, 2017
Na wa for NDDC o!

No T-fare, No offer letter. No News!

And September is almost at its middle.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 1:24pm On Sep 09, 2017
while we keep talking ..let's start action ..who can raise a petition with a targeted number of signatures....and run a Twitter handle to raise awareness..I volunteer to create the write-ups..and co-manage the twitter handle. 2017 isn't like 2015 and 2016, ACTION IS NEEDED.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 1:29pm On Sep 09, 2017
Even if my name doesn't make the list of awardees, I don't mind....we need to set a ball rolling in Nigeria and if we keep listening to the rhetoric (we are leaders of tomorrow) and not today....then we are part of the Nigerian problem. 2015 and 2016 scholars affected can join this and key into it..but its majorly for we the 2017 prospectives!

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Knightcrawler1: 1:40pm On Sep 09, 2017
As much as patience is a virtue and one needs divine patience when dealing with Nigerian agencies, I dare say silence cannot change the system. Previous sets have failed repeatedly in demanding accountability from NDDC because of this "let's be patient " mentality hence the Agency sees no reason to improve its abysmal service.

Social media remains a veritable tool that can be used in demanding for change. As much as 2017 scholars are trying to get NDDC to improve for their benefit, their actions will benefit future scholars and the region in the long run.

3 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 2:55pm On Sep 09, 2017
Chigojude:
while we keep talking ..let's start action ..who can raise a petition with a targeted number of signatures....and run a Twitter handle to raise awareness..I volunteer to create the write-ups..and co-manage the twitter handle. 2017 isn't like 2015 and 2016, ACTION IS NEEDED.

Excellent.

I have discussed with some other members, we have set up the @NDDC_class2017 twitter handle. We are also following the twitter handles of the 2015 and 2016 scholars.

We understand that Nsima Ekere, the NDDC, the ministry of Niger delta and ndoma are all very active on twitter. As from Monday next week, we will start engaging them. We have to engage them out of their silence on the matter. Someone needs to tell us what is happening.

This time will not be the same. We have to operate by a different set of rules now and if we don't set these terms before leaving Nigeria, they will maintain the status quo on us.

It is time for us to shout it out! and if we don't do it, no one, not even dettol will do it for us. It is up to us to chart the course of our future.

Twitter Engagement is next week Monday. @Nddc_class2017

Publications will follow subsequently.

3 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 3:08pm On Sep 09, 2017
adayola:

Excellent.

I have discussed with some other members, we have set up the @NDDC_class2017 twitter handle. We are also following the twitter handles of the 2015 and 2016 scholars.

We understand that Nsima Ekere, the NDDC, the ministry of Niger delta and ndoma are all very active on twitter. As from Monday next week, we will start engaging them. We have to engage them out of their silence on the matter. Someone needs to tell us what is happening.

This time will not be the same. We have to operate by a different set of rules now and if we don't set these terms before leaving Nigeria, they will maintain the status quo on us.

It is time for us to shout it out! and if we don't do it, no one, not even dettol will do it for us. It is up to us to chart the course of our future.

Twitter Engagement is next week Monday. @Nddc_class2017

Publications will follow subsequently.

thank you for this @adayola, I really appreciate... let's do well to follow www.twitter.com/NDDCProspec2017 this concerns us I remind us all...there is no playing safe or being lukewarm... cowardice has killed us as Nigerians. if you are in the camp of (Let's be patient, they'll release the list) then you are as much a threat as the NDDC management delaying the scholarship process. China educated their population within two decades with scholarships to the ivy league schools in the US, they are a world power now. If we are to leave this recession and mediocre mentality as Nigerians, human capacity building is crucial. thank you. @adayola I've just pm'd you.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 3:18pm On Sep 09, 2017
Chigojude:

thank you for this @adayola, I really appreciate... let's do well to follow www.twitter.com/NDDC_Class2017 this concerns us I remind us all...there is no playing safe or being lukewarm... cowardice has killed us as Nigerians. if you are in the camp of (Let's be patient, they'll release the list) then you are as much a threat as the NDDC management delaying the scholarship process. China educated their population within two decades with scholarships to the ivy league schools in the US, they are a world power now. If we are to leave this recession and mediocre mentality as Nigerians, human capacity building is crucial. thank you. @adayola I've just pm'd you.

Alright. Expecting the notification.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by BLESSMME: 4:19pm On Sep 09, 2017
Our own is even annoying, dey avnt even paid us common Tfare. Pls when commenting on twitter, pls let us not forget our Tfare o. We can't become fools. 10k is worth something and since dat has been d way for odas, dey should do same for us or clearly tell us dat dey won't. You never can tell who has packed d money into dia FIXED ACCOUNT waiting for interest.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2017
BLESSMME:
Our own is even annoying, dey avnt even paid us common Tfare. Pls when commenting on twitter, pls let us not forget our Tfare o. We can't become fools. 10k is worth something and since dat has been d way for odas, dey should do same for us or clearly tell us dat dey won't. You never can tell who has packed d money into dia FIXED ACCOUNT waiting for interest.

Things will be different this time. Everything lies in our hands.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 6:08pm On Sep 09, 2017
Please do we have any 2015 or 2016 scholars in the house who hasn't been attended to?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 8:07pm On Sep 09, 2017
Weldone Comrades. This is a good step in the right direction. I have repeated and will still do.NDDC is well funded to run the best scholarship scheme in Nigeria,yet corruption has made it rocket science for the handlers to do a simple task.

Pls we must not be short-changed. All allowances must be demanded for. Some persons are feeding fat at the expense of scholars. It is wickedness. No sane NDDC official will allow their wards' future to be handled like this.

2017 scholarship and beyond must be administered with accountability.If U decide to be indifferent to this cause,let your conscience judge u for u may suffer even a worse fate than the current scholars are going thru.
The level & extent this cry for accountability will reach depends on all of us. The Time To Act Is Now.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nigerdcritics(m): 8:19pm On Sep 09, 2017
NSIMA EKERE THE MD OF NDDC IS A THIEF, HE IS STEALING THE FUNDS FOR HIS GOVERNORSHIP CAMPAIGN. BUT HE WILL FAIL
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nigerdcritics(m): 8:29pm On Sep 09, 2017
NSIMA EKERE IS A THIEF

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2017
Nigerdcritics:
NSIMA EKERE IS A THIEF

Imagine!

I am sure some other scholars are unwilling to come out because of the fear victimization or denial of allowance. Its going to be a different ball game this time around. We are gathered here today, not because we are illiterates but because we are graduates/scholars and we must not allow these people to ride on our collective intelligence by virtue of the harsh economic situation in the country.

We are Niger deltans and we hold what keeps this country moving. All options are on the table and if Nsima Ekere won't listen to us, we will not hesitate to involve Mr president and the vice president in this. By then,he should tell us if lack of funds is the reasons he allowed Nigerians are stranded to be stranded in foreign lands; our best brains for that matter.

Enough of the nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 9:26pm On Sep 09, 2017
I know of a few 2016 Scholars who couldn't travel for studies because they lacked funds for travel expenses and waited in vain for the #500k to be paid which never came. Now, what happens to their appropraited scholarship funds? cos the scholarship as i'm told has time limit of abt 6months validity(not confirmed).

The priviledged scholars who left for studies by self sponsorship went without asking questions, went through hell before some of them after wailing began to receive payments. How can a scholar be paid #500k travel allowance months after when it was needed?
There's no shame in NDDC adapting and even improving on the PTDF model of scholarship administration.
We all can see that the "i don't care attitude" towards accountability will surely be disastrous if we don't stop it now.

They Shld know that, they can fool some people all the time but they cannot fool all the people all the time.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 9:30pm On Sep 09, 2017
BLESSMME:

@BlessMe the T.fare will surely be commented on....but its you and I that will do the commenting. Get on Twitter soonest, if you aren't already. the petition is being worked upon since this afternoon, if you want to key into writing a compelling petition, please indicate.

When the petition is published, we'll work with the past years scholars who are abroad and stranded cos of inadequate upkeep money and unpaid school fees.

also any 2015 and/or 2016 scholar who has facts about the payment status for their set should indicate. The petition should be backed up with facts. thank you.

Like I said, there is no room for being lukewarm or in the middle, its either you are with the train of (getting things done now and done right) or (you wish to be patient till you lose your admission and mortgage your future and that of posterity). Thank you

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Emeritusseun(m): 9:54pm On Sep 09, 2017
omo!...this trend has been hot since two days now oo...NDDC must feel d impact Nice one guys

3 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nigerdcritics(m): 10:01pm On Sep 09, 2017
Buhari is culpable he picks and chose who is corrupt and thats the reason why NSIMA EKERE is still MD NDDC. A thief amassing funds for his elections

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nigerdcritics(m): 10:03pm On Sep 09, 2017
adayola:

Imagine!

I am sure some other scholars are unwilling to come out because of the fear victimization or denial of allowance. Its going to be a different ball game this time around. We are gathered here today, not because we are illiterates but because we are graduates/scholars and we must not allow these people to ride on our collective intelligence by virtue of the harsh economic situation in the country.

We are Niger deltans and we hold what keeps this country moving. All options are on the table and if Nsima Ekere won't listen to us, we will not hesitate to involve Mr president and the vice president in this. By then,he should tell us if lack of funds is the reasons he allowed Nigerians are stranded to be stranded in foreign lands; our best brains for that matter.

Enough of the nonsense!

Buhari is culpable he picks and chose who is corrupt and thats the reason why NSIMA EKERE is still MD NDDC. A thief amassing funds for his elections

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 11:10pm On Sep 09, 2017
Nigerdcritics:

We have to do make them do things right this time around. If we fail, the status quo will be maintained and they will treat us like they have been handling past batches. This will embolden their effrontery to treat subsequent scholars the same way. We have to draw a line both for us, past ones and create a soft landing for oncoming batches.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by BLESSMME: 7:16am On Sep 10, 2017
viewingthistopic:
I know of a few 2016 Scholars who couldn't travel for studies because they lacked funds for travel expenses and waited in vain for the #500k to be paid which never came. Now, what happens to their appropraited scholarship funds? cos the scholarship as i'm told has time limit of abt 6months validity(not confirmed).

The priviledged scholars who left for studies by self sponsorship went without asking questions, went through hell before some of them after wailing began to receive payments. How can a scholar be paid #500k travel allowance months after when it was needed?
There's no shame in NDDC adapting and even improving on the PTDF model of scholarship administration.
We all can see that the "i don't care attitude" towards accountability will surely be disastrous if we don't stop it now.

They Shld know that, they can fool some people all the time but they cannot fool all the people all the time.

Exactly
Dey myt say ptdf pays during registration, just 1k o, but dey forget dat dey select dia exam region and may end up spending very little to nothing when going for dia exam, yl NDDC packs us all to PH and most ppl end up spending nothing less Dan 20k for transportation and lodging, don't forget dia dangerous roads o which is terribly risky, and den dey can't just treat us respectfully by at least releasing a statement to calm ppl nerves, dey just went on ghost mood on us, what sort of evil is dat. Every year old story, where is Nigeria headed for God's sake. Greed is d order of the day. Dese ppl travel out at d blink of an eye, dey see how things are done ova dia with great accountability and regard for even as little as an animal, still dey treat dia graduates like beggars. I know a lot of ppl will say dese ppl talking what if ur names dont come out, My ppl remember dat dis scholarship is not nd end, itz a means to an end which if not handled well myt turn out to be d worst thing dat happens to some ppl. D previous scholars outcry should be a lesson to all #OurMumuDonReallyDo

3 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 10, 2017
https://twitter.com/naijcom/status/906125652180512768 Pls help retweet till Buhari sees the mess Nsima Ekere is putting scholars tru

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2017
agongajoseph:
https://twitter.com/naijcom/status/906125652180512768 Pls help retweet till Buhari sees the mess Nsima Ekere is putting scholars tru

Hi agonga..please are you a 2017 prospective or a past scholar? kindly reply..want to pm you about something.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2017
Chigojude:

Hi agonga..please are you a 2017 prospective or a past scholar? kindly reply..want to pm you about something.
am a 2015 PhD scholar. Watsapp me 07087090067
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 1:02pm On Sep 10, 2017
agongajoseph:
am a 2015 PhD scholar. Watsapp me 07087090067

Aii!

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 10, 2017
Help tweet and retweet this Open letter to NDDC MD Nsima Ekere until something is done abt the negligence of NDDC. https://www.nairaland.com/4044746/open-letter-md-ceo-nddc
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 10, 2017
Help sign this petition 30 more signees needed, NDDC needs to b sanitized. Nsima Ekere has neglected scholars abroad https://www.change.org/p/yemi-osibanjo-s-o-s-nigerian-students-stranded-abroad?recruiter=576276386&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (105) (Reply)

2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates / Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.