Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face (84912 Views)

Simi Esiri & Dr Sid's Marriage Crashes. Simi Confirms The End Of Her Marriage / Ken Erics And Wife, Onyi Adaba, Marriage Crashes, He Abandons Home For 10 Months / Mercy Aigbe Releases The Video Of Her Battered Face By Her Estranged Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by JANK23H(m): 8:17pm On Apr 28, 2017
Jamiubond009:
Men who beat their wives have some things in common, prominent among them are. a low self esteem, quick temper and plain stupidity. Women who get beaten also have somethings in common, they are rude and confrontational, quick tempered, sharp mouthed and a foolish death wish.

A wise man will never raise his hands on a woman no matter what she does. It is very clear that he is built stronger and totally able to physically molest her with minimal effort, so he doesn't really have anything to prove to himself or to her. The very act of beating a woman reduces your social, moral and mental standing to the lowest level equal or even lower than that of a motor park tout. No matter what the provocation is, irrespective of what she has done, I believe wife battering goes against good conscience, equity and civility and should be avoided. A woman most times will drive you to the point of insanity, she will taunt you and menacingly lure you into striking her, once you do, you will be condemned in the court of public opinion; most importantly, you may maim or even kill her and be condemned in a court of law .

Baiting you to beat her is also a deceptive way women have employed to divert attention from their own sins and transfer the burden of guilty to you. So next time she taunts you, pick up your keys head to the door and make your triumphant exit. This saves you from the the shame of reprimand or the agony of the guilt and condemnation of killing your wife.

A woman who faces a man, taunting him and daring him to beat her is mentally unstable. Confronting him and raining abuses on him while standing within striking distance is a death wish which exposes you to the possibility of being battered. Even if you are right or he has committed the worst offense, you cannot put your life in danger by standing up to him. The public sympathy you so daringly crave might come inform of an obituary.

The danger you are exposed to during a beating is on the same level as being involved in a motor accident, the right blow to the wrong spot will send you to an early grave. It is only a fool on a bicycle who will challenge a mad man driving a caterpillar for the right of way. If you notice that an argument is getting heated and the man's anger is getting out of hand, be careful, especially if he starts inching towards you, do not stand and foolishly insist on your right, shut your mouth immediately to douse the tension, if you must, apologize and leave the area as soon as you can. You can always make your point later when tempers are calm, you have to be alive to do this. Be reasonable because If he beats you to death, he will probably be jailed or hanged and your children will become orphans.

Your families may even become sympathetic to the plight of the children and decide to save him since two wrongs will not make a right and killing him will not bring you back, either ways you are dead and he may still have a chance to be alive and probably remarry when the dust has settled. It's better to be safe than sorry
Fantastic write up. Idealistic. Some women can be demonic and some of these things can't apply in reality. No man who really loves a woman sets out to beat her, sometimes avoiding her her or even keeping silent provokes them to taunt the man more. There are times when she locks the door and prevents the man from going out.

Women should be taught to respect the man and caution their tongues as much as men are condemned for hitting their woman.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by bakynes(m): 8:17pm On Apr 28, 2017
Greenbullet:
You really have not seen some crazy women, Some of their mouth are more sharper than razor blade,and they will abuse the living daylight out of any man ,not just that at the same time obstructing his movement, like my uncles wife who if they are quarreling and my uncle does not mind her will sieze his fine,off the TV and sieze his car keys,and when he attempts to leave the house ,lock the gate or obstruct him, stop judging wife beaters like animals ,some women put them in that position.
This one reason why I don't blame some men that batter women. I am also of the school of thought that when she starts her abuses and curses leave the house for her but some women will lock the door and make sure you listen to all the curses and abuses that will make u a mad man.

So nobody should ever make this statement "Never beat a woman" if you have never been in extreme situations with some women.

3 Likes

Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by TPAND(f): 8:17pm On Apr 28, 2017
Rxpetite:
Who is gentry and what does he do?
Watch nairaland guys make escuses for this man and blame her.

Same losers who are always on Genevieve Nnaji' s case about marriage.
I see a trend here. Apparently most nigerian men can't handle success of their women. Tonto dike, tiwa savage Toke makinwa and the list goes on.
Something with all those women you mentioned, there name starts with a T
Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by mumuguyman(m): 8:17pm On Apr 28, 2017
Rxpetite:
Who is gentry and what does he do?
Watch nairaland guys make escuses for this man and blame her.

Same losers who are always on Genevieve Nnaji' s case about marriage.
I see a trend here. Apparently most nigerian men can't handle success of their women. Tonto dike, tiwa savage Toke makinwa and the list goes on.
I pity the niggar that would marry you..pours spit!

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by choix007(m): 8:18pm On Apr 28, 2017
smellingmenses:

You have a very queer list up there.... Do you call those twats successful?
Whatever happened to lists like Erelu Obada.... Mrs Sarah Sosan.... Okonjo Iweala... Akunyili... Justice Mrs. Odili... Funmilayo Kuti... Mrs Opeke... Mrs Alakija... Liz Benson... Peju Ogunmola... Joke Silva... Please upgrade your reasoning level

May heaven bless u, kindly add Mrs. Folorunsho....some girls think appearing on TV screen makes someone successful. When a female celebrity's marriage crashes the blame is solely on d man when we know the life style of some(of the fake ladies)

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by ijayebonyi(f): 8:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
obxddon:
No man would love to beat his wife......But women are so provoking......U shud hear the wicked and crazy things my neighbor's wife tell the husband each time they have any misunderstanding....dont forget this man is human...there is a limit he can endure.....Note I dont support the beating of a woman neither do I support a woman who runs her mouth.
Lack of understanding brings about all this
Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by JaaizTech: 8:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
sexybbstar:
Really?Eyah,with all her instagram pictures,one would think she is a very happy woman.Why would a woman stay in a violent marriage?This is so bad.
Wealth does not determine a happy marriage.With enough money to spend on designers,but even the smallest denomination does not grant her a blissful marriage.
SAY NO TO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

See the husband calling her promiscous and irresponsible..Why did you marry her in the first place then,imagine,the mother of your kid.

No matter what,a man must not raise his hands on a woman.Its uncalled for.
May God never make us stoop to the level where we beat our wives!, May we not encounter such frustration
Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by Riddler32: 8:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
Towncrier247:
For a while now all has not been well in the marriage of Nollywood actress, Mercy Aigbe. Her 7-year marriage to Lagos based hotelier, Lanre Gentry seems to have crashed. Sources tell LIB that Mercy has been enduring domestic violence for a long time in her marriage but it's gotten worse lately.

We learnt that the couple had a nasty fight last week that left the actress with severe injuries and she's still receiving treatment at an undisclosed hospital in Lagos.

LIB has been able to exclusively get photos of the injury and they don't look nice at all.

A few hours ago, Mercy through her Instagram page hinted on domestic violence with a post that reads, 'Say NO to DOMESTIC VIOLENCE...... Only a Coward hits a woman! REAL MEN don't HIT!'. and her husband responded with a post that reads, 'Say No to the promiscuous and irresponsible women'.

Another source tells LIB that Mercy's hubby has a fair skinned mistress named Opemititi who has allegedly been fingered as the one responsible for her hubby's change of attitude.

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2017/04/lib-exclusive-mercy-aigbes-7-year.html?m=1

Definitely be a yoruba demon.

whats with married ladies with this slogan 'SAY NO TO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE'? before marriage you will refuse to come out and campaign towards the cause, ranting it wont happen to me, phrases like God for forbid, any man that tries it with me will be dealt with.

please dont come here and be forming victim of domestic violence.

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by smellingmenses: 8:20pm On Apr 28, 2017
choix007:

May heaven bless u, kindly add Mrs. Folorunsho....some girls think appearing on TV screen makes someone successful. When a female celebrity's marriage crashes the blame is solely on d man when we know the life style of some(of the fake ladies)
She's there. Mrs Alakija.
Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by uglodoh(f): 8:20pm On Apr 28, 2017
Clemzzz:
Much as I don't support a man beating up his wife, I can say this woman deserves what she got. A woman, married one for that matter, should not be saucy.
I remember not long time ago when she had a brawl with the police in Osun State due to her sauciness.

Moreso, it was her decision to marry this man notwithstanding his (Gentry's) way of life.

In any case, get well soon lady.

The man was married to Bimbo Akisanya . Mercy's colleague in the Yoruba movie industry. Then she said she did not mind been a second wife.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by ijayebonyi(f): 8:21pm On Apr 28, 2017
When husband and wife is so open to each other,there won't be room for suspicion which might lead to this incident

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by Nukilia: 8:21pm On Apr 28, 2017
Akalia:
it's easier said than done my guy. When a crazy woman yells at you and hurls cursing words without care or caution on you, her craziness may rub off on you. Causing you to retaliate.

I understand what you're saying, that's why men need a lot of patience when dealing with them.
Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 28, 2017
blackbelt:
d guy for have mercy at least. Considering her name.
u wey dem come dey call blackbelt u for show her mercy? grin
Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by dangotesmummy: 8:22pm On Apr 28, 2017
Riddler32:

Definitely be a yoruba demon.

whats with married ladies with this slogan 'SAY NO TO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE'? before marriage you will refuse to come out and campaign towards the cause, ranting it wont happen to me, phrases like God for forbid, any man that tries it with me will be dealt with.

please dont come here and be forming victim of domestic violence.
some people seem to forget this fundamental fact

Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 28, 2017
Towncrier247:
SEE PICS OF THE FAIR-SKINNED LADY WHO CAUSED THE BREAKUP>> http://www.newseveryhour.com/2017/04/mercy-aigbes-7-year-marriage-to-lanre.html
la clicki la bende

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by JANK23H(m): 8:24pm On Apr 28, 2017
Nukilia:

You need a high level of maturity when it comes to women... When they start saying all sort of things, just take your shirt and walk out, else you might damage lots of things
What if she prevents you from leaving?
Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by Nukilia: 8:25pm On Apr 28, 2017
bakynes:

This one reason why I don't blame some men that batter women. I am also of the school of thought that when she starts her abuses and curses leave the house for her but some women will lock the door and make sure you listen to all the curses and abuses that will make u a mad man.

So nobody should ever make this statement "Never beat a woman" if you have never been in extreme situations with some women.

I believe we should create a thread on what should a man do when the woman pushes him to the wall grin

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by driand(m): 8:26pm On Apr 28, 2017
policy12:
Marriage this day, am so scared.
if u're irresponsible, then you you should be scared.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 28, 2017
Partnerbiz:
Why do men beat women especially their wives. I would punish her in other ways than laying hands.

THREE PERSONS I CAN NEVER BEAT NO MATTER THE LEVEL OF ANGER

1. My lovely mum
2. My sweet sisters ( God give me a wife like any of them)
3. My future wife. I mean the one wey i don marry o.

I fit ball random girl slap shaa.

See below pls.
if u fit slap random girls, you fit slap ur wife too.
Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 28, 2017
CFCman:
This level of battery should result in the husband's arrest, (except if she was the initial aggressor). What level of anger would propel a man to beat up his wife to this extent? Even if Mercy committed adultery, he could file for divorce, rather than being violent.

I won't be surprised if the matter is reporters to the police, and upon receipt of N10,000, the police would even apologize to him for the 'inconvenience' of inviting him to the station, and let him go.
Nairaland resident dunderheads would soon come to tell women to caution their tongues_don't they get tired of saying that rubbish?
How many times would we explain to these dumb fellows on Nairaland that verbal abuse can never be equal to assault.

Let's imagine she was actually verbally abusive, don't men annoy their wives too? Is beating the solution to marital issues now?

What of cheating men that make their wives think, till she develops highBP, what do we advise women to do to them. Maybe they should start stabbing them in their sleep.

That's when these idiots will have sense and realise violence is never a way out. You don't lay your hands on any human being, except in selfdefense. Even selfdefense have laws guiding it.

Most Nigerians are not okay at all...

4 Likes

Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by Nukilia: 8:29pm On Apr 28, 2017
JANK23H:
What if she prevents you from leaving?

Just smile about it, go to your room and lock up the door.

Apply the rules of anger management...

A little push or attack you give her has a tendency of demobilizing her. grin

Daughters of Eve are created like that...
Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 28, 2017
If he is not a drinker of alcohol that means she is a stubborn wife.
Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 28, 2017
Nukilia:

Your mouth sweet pass your actions

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by piagetskinner(m): 8:33pm On Apr 28, 2017
she's now at the MERCY of her wrestler husband
Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by figure007(m): 8:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
sexybbstar:
Really?Eyah,with all her instagram pictures,one would think she is a very happy woman.Why would a woman stay in a violent marriage?This is so bad.
Wealth does not determine a happy marriage.With enough money to spend on designers,but even the smallest denomination does not grant her a blissful marriage.

See the husband calling her promiscous and irresponsible..Why did you marry her in the first place then,imagine,the mother of your kid.

that's the issue they all want to wear designers by marrying a wealthy person ...sorry to say nearly 90% of them are not having good homes cos of the way they get all these men.... Money is different from genuine love .... All these actress and actor self ....their life is somehow
Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by Angelyna(f): 8:38pm On Apr 28, 2017
This marriage of a thing doesn't make sense to me anymore sha... Well! God be with you sha gorgeous woman
Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by Maximus85(m): 8:41pm On Apr 28, 2017
Towncrier247:
For a while now all has not been well in the marriage of Nollywood actress, Mercy Aigbe. Her 7-year marriage to Lagos based hotelier, Lanre Gentry seems to have crashed. Sources tell LIB that Mercy has been enduring domestic violence for a long time in her marriage but it's gotten worse lately.

We learnt that the couple had a nasty fight last week that left the actress with severe injuries and she's still receiving treatment at an undisclosed hospital in Lagos.

LIB has been able to exclusively get photos of the injury and they don't look nice at all.

A few hours ago, Mercy through her Instagram page hinted on domestic violence with a post that reads, 'Say NO to DOMESTIC VIOLENCE...... Only a Coward hits a woman! REAL MEN don't HIT!'. and her husband responded with a post that reads, 'Say No to the promiscuous and irresponsible women'.

Another source tells LIB that Mercy's hubby has a fair skinned mistress named Opemititi who has allegedly been fingered as the one responsible for her hubby's change of attitude.

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2017/04/lib-exclusive-mercy-aigbes-7-year.html?m=1

Where are the makeup on fleek?

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:41pm On Apr 28, 2017
sexybbstar:

Whatever a man sows he ll reap. She chose 2 be a 3rd wife & crashed d man's other wives happiness. Karma is @ work here. I dont support her stupid hubby 4 beating her though.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by Nukilia: 8:42pm On Apr 28, 2017
PaperLace:

1. Nairaland resident dunderheads would soon come to tell women to caution their tongues_don't they get tired of saying that rubbish?

2. How many times would we explain to these fools on Nairaland that verbal abuse can never be equal to assault.

3. Let's imagine she was actually verbally abusive, don't men annoy their wives too? Is beating the solution to marital issues now?

4. What of cheating men that make their wives think, till she develops highBP, what do we advise women to do to them.

5. Maybe they should start stabbing them in their sleep...

Response:
1. Nairaland residents are not dunderheads, they're a community of lovely people who make everyone happy.

2. Kindly communicate with your audience without using provocative words, this is a friendly forum.

3. Marriage is actually meant for matured folks. This is not a function of age...

4.When your husband cheats, you're free to divorce him without hot exchange of words.

5. Don't stab people in their sleep because you'll forever regret your existence. Kindly walk away from abusive marriage and the world will be at peace.

Shalom kiss

3 Likes

Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by JANK23H(m): 8:45pm On Apr 28, 2017
Nukilia:

LOL... I imagine you are female. Men married to crazy women will also laugh at this comment. Trust me when I tell you some women are crazy. Only those who are on that road will understand.

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by Mexyz(m): 8:45pm On Apr 28, 2017
Not holding brief for the man though but if we're to follow what comes out from most women mouths when they're angry,one will end up committing murder. That aside,a responsible man should learn how to leave the house when the wife starts her madness, it shows maturity.

Just take a look at how she tried to play the innocent Victim by going to the media first.
Re: Mercy Aigbe's Marriage Crashes Over Alleged Battering. See Battered Face by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 28, 2017
Nukilia:

Response:
1. Nairaland residents are not dunderheads, they're a community of lovely people who make everyone happy.

2. Kindly communicate with your audience without using provocative words, this is a friendly forum.

3. Marriage is actually meant for matured folks. This is not a function of age...

4.When your husband cheats, you're free to divorce him without hot exchange of words.

5. Don't stab people in their sleep because you'll forever regret your existence. Kindly walk away from abusive marriage and the world will be at peace.

Shalom kiss
Anyone who supports violence in any form is a dunderhead. No apologies...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Benedicta Elechi: Paul Odekina Is Gay, I Divorced Him, We Had Sex 11 Times Only / Ben Bruce And Genevieve Nnaji Picture That Got Fans Talking / Cubana Chief Priest Gives 46 Cows To Obi Cubana For His Mother's Burial ( Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.